9-24: "Perfect Storm" 2013.05.16

• Please log in to reply

460 replies to this topic

Clairelle876

Clairelle876

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

I am wondering if, to up the angst quotient, Jackson is going to initially reject April. I do think what she did to him at the end there was unfair. Clearly she doesn't love Matthew enough to marry him, given that she'd throw him over that easily for Jackson. So regardless of Jackson, she should be ending it with him. 

Agreed that she should end it with Matthew regardless. I hope Jackson rejects her initially also because i want April to work for it, to earn him so to speak. He knows how he feels about her but April still seems unsure of herself and what she wants. Always ready to jump the gun and then second guess herself. Also she constantly projects her insecurities onto him, ie assuming he only wants sex, is a player, doesn't know what he wants etc... She also still seems confused and nothing is wrong with that but if she wants to be taken seriously by Jackson, enough for him to end his relationship with Stephanie and put his heart on the line once again for her, he'd need to be sure. And she needs to be sure so a few months down the line she wont be going off about how she let a perfect guy go and blah. So i hope he rejects her initially, she ends things with Matthew and have a real heart to heart with herself before they begin anything. 

All these character have some serious soul searching to do, in particular Owen, Arizona and April.

Edited by Clairelle876, Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:27 PM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

You think so? I totally get the sense she's eventually going to have Owen make a clear cut choice that Cristina is enough. How he gets there, that I admittedly don't know. But that seems like the resolution to their journey.

I definitely think Rhimes will have all the couples together in the end - MerDer, Crowen, Calzona, Japril and Jolex.

She doesn't know how to write them, same with the other writers, they've been going around and around in circles.

It's like what I thought, it can only end when 1 of them changes their mind, it's been poorly executed and it feels like a complete 180 after wasting seasons on this.

Jenrin

Jenrin

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

I am wondering if, to up the angst quotient, Jackson is going to initially reject April. I do think what she did to him at the end there was unfair. Clearly she doesn't love Matthew enough to marry him, given that she'd throw him over that easily for Jackson. So regardless of Jackson, she should be ending it with him. 

I definitely think Jackson's going to reject April. For me the next season plays out with the couples as follows:

Mer/Der -- Established Love/Family -- They will be juggling new baby, toddler, marriage and work. Happy with minor problems.

Alex/Jo -- New love. Cute with issues because these are two people who suck at relationships and don't trust people easily. There will be blow-ups, but they are going to also bask in the happy and cute from time to time.

Callie/Arizona -- Marriage in crisis. Love/Hate. Issues, drama, thrills.

Jackson/April -- Star-crossed. Jackson was in love last season, April didn't see it. Jackson's dating Stephanie this season, April either breaks-up with the paramedic or keeps him after Jackson turns her down. Both want to be together but after Jackson rejects April, aren't.

Owen/Cristina -- Exploring other options. Owen will look towards children, Cristina will love her work. Each may test the waters with new partners.

priscilla951

priscilla951

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 3:34 PM

See it a little diff.

Alex/Jo - are gonna struggle.  Saying love and doing love a big different kettle of fish.  Nobody knows how to lead and I could see lots of crap happening.  That article said don't count on them staying together.

Callie / Arizona - divorce or however that works.  That Boswell chick is going to be with Arizona.  TRIANGLE or QUAD or whatever cos Callie will find somebody to hang with too.  Guessing C/A may hook back up sometime, end of 10 or 11 or whenever.  But for the first half- toast.

Jackson / April - apart all season.  Jackson is gonna say no.  Matthew is gonna dump April.  Dude saw how April was acting and is gonna step away.  April is gonna stop the whining, tuck in her panties and grow the hell up - I hope!  Stef is gonna move in with Jackson.

Owen - he'll find a way into a kid, big brother, mentor, Callie's kid (uncle kinda thing) - whatever.  Don't think he'll date cos he's gotta feed the empty womb.  Don't think they'll hook him up with Callie, just make them friends cos it would kill Cristina to see Callie with Owen.  Plus that would be a disgusting thing to see.  Callie and Owen are yuck in every way.

Cristina - may sleep around.  Don't see her landing with any one guy or anything.

All of the real couples should find their way back before series lights out.  Thing is, don't know if Shonda will get enough lead time to do it up right.  You know, she could think season 11 and ABC thinks nah, stopping at 10 then BAM we get some long epistle about "this is what I was gonna do" sort of thing.

Question is who are the real couples?  I mean do Jackson and April count?  Alex and Jo?  Alex could be somebody who just ends up alone ya know?  Jackson and April feel like add ons to me and always have.  Callie and Arizona could be burned. I mean If Capshaw and Burton pop or Ramirez and whoever pop that C/A couple is gone.

Meredith and Derek could have one of those heartbreaking endings.  Meredith gets Alzheimer, or Derek passes and the kids get the memories or some such.

Mean as it is, 10 needs to be the last.  Shonda lay it to bed and move on.

Edited by priscilla951, Jun 7, 2013 @ 3:36 PM.

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

I think that given Shonda's relationship with ABC, it will very much be a collaborative decision as to whether 10 is the end. Given that, if they do end it after this coming, I'm sure she'll have the lead time needed to end it as she wants to. If she wants an 11, I think she'll get it unless the numbers really, really crash and burn. I wouldn't have said that with confidence before, but I've read articles about networks still finding it easier to stick with a returning show as long as it stays at X rating, than to try to launch a new show. Networks are apparently gunshy re; launching new dramas. I don't understand the math of the business well enough to get the difference, admittedly.

The rest of it, I don't know. Given all Rhimes' tweets re: an 'intense journey for Calzona" I don't see Burton sticking around too long, though. And given all her talk re: taking back the show, I don't think she'll care how popular any new pairings might be - if it isn't want she wants, it won't last. She's insisted on not abandoning Crowen despite how many people dislike them and see no future for them. 

priscilla951

priscilla951

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 5:56 PM

I don't think she'll care how popular any new pairings might be - if it isn't want she wants, it won't last.

Friends or "my person" trumps everything.  Couples are the bottom of the food chain. If you don't have a friend or person on this show ya got nothing.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 11:04 PM

The rest of it, I don't know. Given all Rhimes' tweets re: an 'intense journey for Calzona" I don't see Burton sticking around too long, though. And given all her talk re: taking back the show, I don't think she'll care how popular any new pairings might be - if it isn't want she wants, it won't last.

Burton was only there to contrive the flirting/encourage the cheating, other than that the writers did a piss poor job of doing anything with her character besides that.

As for Shonda, she bragged about changing things at the last minute among other nonsense she's spouted out when she was trying to over hype the show.

priscilla951

priscilla951

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 1:49 AM

Burton was only there to contrive the flirting/encourage the cheating, other than that the writers did a piss poor job of doing anything with her character besides that.

With ya on ep 22 and 23.  In 24 they made Boswell diff.  She calmed Arizona in the NICU and AZ said thank you and meant it.  She let AZ know she liked her after the sex and she kind of made a deal out of showing Callie the ring pinned to her top.  IOW softened her a bit and made her less predatory.

Makes me think she'll be back.  Shonda's got a chance to do the triangle thing and that's new to broadcast network.  She's gonna go there because she can and she's getting a lot of buzz about the C/A break.

Edited by priscilla951, Jun 8, 2013 @ 2:41 AM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

With ya on ep 22 and 23.  In 24 they made Boswell diff.  She calmed Arizona in the NICU and AZ said thank you and meant it.  She let AZ know she liked her after the sex and she kind of made a deal out of showing Callie the ring pinned to her top.  IOW softened her a bit and made her less predatory.

Makes me think she'll be back.  Shonda's got a chance to do the triangle thing and that's new to broadcast network.  She's gonna go there because she can and she's getting a lot of buzz about the C/A break.

Showing the ring made it even more contrived than it already was.  She was there to make them bring back the drama after putting them on the back burned for most of the season.

The writers will actually have to make her a character beyond being the other woman who gave them some drama for the finale because of the overdone MerDer melodrama.

Kayley

Kayley

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:03 AM

-Jackson and April are the new Mark and Lexie in that the writers just keep them going in circles over and over again. Frankly, I'm exhausted with them. Ugh.

I have been thinking this for a while. I think that has been Shonda's idea from the moment Lexie and Mark died off, everything with them has been a copy.

Tara7Roses

Tara7Roses

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 12:09 PM

I like Jackson and April, I loved when they got it on during their Board exams, lol!!

I will say that I hate how she treats him, throwing all the Jesus stuff his way, blaming him (sometimes indirectly, but still), getting mad at him for anything and everything!! He is ALWAYS there for her and all she does is use him!!  But I really liked them in the beginning when they first got together, I hope we get to see them together and being good for each other rather than how April had been treating him.

I don't think Jackson will drop everything and be with her, the damage has been done and it's too late, for now anyway.  I hope she breaks off the engagement since she basically just told another guy she was inlove with him, I would hate for her to hide more things from matthew, he is so sweet to her and he's just going to get crushed  by Japril.  I doubt April will break it off right away, I wonder if she'll pull a Burke and leave him at the altar. Hmmm....