S27 Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

247 replies to this topic

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

The black vote was a better twist, and would have made really interesting game play.

What was that? I'm guessing it's from a recent season that I didn't watch.

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

The black vote happened in I think two seasons of Koh-Lanta and in Survivor (Philippines version).

How the black vote works is the following.  The person that gets voted off in a tribal council, gets to cast one more vote against any of the remaining players (this is in secret).  That vote gets played out in the next tribal council. 

Its probably one of the more interesting twists that work.  Because there are several times where the voted off castaway's vote actually has an effect on the next tribal council.

This type of twist is also terrible for Russell like players (overtly aggressive and not subtle players).  Because the person that gets voted off will always put their names down, because they are pissed off.  Also people generally have an idea who the voted off castaway could vote for and try to stack votes to save themselves.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2013 @ 4:36 AM

Some spoilers have emerged.

Someone at SurvivorSucks who is from the Philippines actually saw Kat, Candice W & her husband today at a mall in Manilla. They posted pictures too. candice was apparently an alternate according to Missyae, so it seems that she must have replaced someone? so if Candice actually was in the game, then we clearly have 3 pre-merge boots right here. that is, unless they force alternates to stick around with the pre-jury people

Here are the images

http://imgur.com/iOZVLBj.jpg
http://imgur.com/0sWj0Gw.jpg

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2013 @ 4:46 PM

I read on Vevmo that RC's dad (Craig) is in a Phillipines hospital.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 6:48 AM

More spoilers. According to someone who had part in leaking the cast over at SurvivorSucks, all of the One World crew are booted pre-merge.

Thank god Colton is out early. Kind of disappointed about Monica though, would have liked to see her make the merge this time.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 9:48 AM

Probst hates One World, so I'm sure that's fine by him. However, there are conflicting rumors on Sucks that Monica & Bradley aren't on and were only flown down as alternates, or that there are more than 20 people playing this game.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 11:49 PM

For what it's worth, missyae/Jim Early is claiming on Twitter that Colton and Tina are the first two boots, apparently in that order.  If the spoilers thus far turn out to be true, Colton, Tina, Kat, Monica, Candice and John are 6 of the 8 pre-merge boots (9 if production sticks with the 8-person jury from last season).

I'm interested to know how exactly the tribes are divided.  I also REALLY hope we're not in for a boring pre-merge that consists of "Returnee voted off, that returnee's loved one voted off the next episode, lather, rinse, repeat."  At some point, don't the "stragglers" become useful to the pairs still in the game?  Granted, we don't have any word that the loved ones of Colton, Kat, Monica and Tina were voted off pre-merge as well, but SurvivorsUnite (who spoiled that he heard the OW cast members were out early) seemed to imply as much.  Even if that is the case, there would still be one "leftover" loved one present during the jury phase.  Do the 10 other players take that person out as an easy boot, or do any pairs try to take that person in as an extra vote?

I'm more optimistic than most in that I think this season does have potential, but the setup does also open the door for a boring, predictable season, so who knows.

ETA:  Also, with confessional/camera time/edit hog Colton gone first (as well as a number of returnees out early), we might actually get a decently edited season and get to know some of the loved ones.  Then again, Rupert's on this season.

Edited by BML1980, Jun 27, 2013 @ 11:58 PM.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

They're back from filming as Kat, Laura & Aras are active on Twitter again.

Aras unfollowed both Tyson & Laura on Twitter, but followed Laura's daughter. Tyson followed Laura's daughter too. That seems to indicate that maybe Aras/Laura/Tyson were a close pair in the game but Aras got betrayed by them? Seems odd for him to unfollow them unless they did betray him.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 10:31 PM

Does twitter announce it when someone unfollows someone else?  

I find twitter utterly confusing.  I can't tell how to read all the RT and # and can't tell who says what.  If someone has a twitter basics 'how to' guide that makes understanding how it all works, let me know.  I do have an account but don't really 'get' how it works /old lady that I am, LOL.  

(None of the people you mention SurvivorManiac are ones I remember but I skipped a whole bunch of seasons and only recently got back in to it)

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 5:17 AM

Well do you know how Facebook works? Basically, to unfollow someone on Twitter is sort of the same as unfriending someone on Facebook (Aras did actually also unfriended Laura on Facebook). If you unfollow someone you will not see their tweets anymore, so it seems he wants nothing to do with Laura which can lead you to assume that she betrayed him.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:37 AM

Well, yeah, I know how FB works, I'm a FB fanatic (and if you aren't familiar with socialfixer.com to configure FB to your own preferences, try it!)  but... how does someone ~else~ know when someone unfollows another?  

I mean- how do other people, like you, know someone has unfollowed a third party without doing a lot of searching?  Twitter does not announce so and so unfollowed some other such I assume so how is it known that Aras unfollowed Laura on twitter?   Just curious.  I know on FB if I suspect someone has unfriended someone else without announcing it I can still go to their friends list and scroll through though for someone somewhat 'famous' such a Aras or Laura that could entail a lot of scrolling and searching unless there is some other way? 

Really, more curious than anything else.  Like I said, though I have a twitter account it doesn't get much use because though I am seriously active on FB, twitter stumps me.  

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 7:33 PM

Well before they left I checked to see who was following who, to see if any of that changed when they got back. I looked at Aras' 'following' list and Laura and Tyson were both on it. Now, they are both not on it which means he unfollowed them.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:48 PM

Now, missyae is saying that Rupert is the first boot, not Colton.  He also claims that a contestant quits, and Tyson is a "star", which I guess means that he does well.  missyae's spoiling record has been hit or miss in the past, but he does appear to be in contact with various contestants, both past and present, so the possibility exists that he could have actual information.

Edited by BML1980, Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:50 PM.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 3:47 AM

Rupert being first boot actually isnt that shocking to me, I could see him going in very arrogant (even more arrogant than he came in during HvV) and getting voted out for it. Hm, things seem up in the air right now Id take his spoilers with a grain of salt. The proper spoilers on Survivor Sucks said they will have info within the next week.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 7:46 AM

Well before they left I checked to see who was following who, to see if any of that changed when they got back. I looked at Aras' 'following' list and Laura and Tyson were both on it. Now, they are both not on it which means he unfollowed them.

oooh, got it!  (sorry I'm not usually so dense!)  

I'm saddened to hear that Colton wasn't the first boot.  I won't be watching till Colton is off my TV.  But if Rupert is 1st boot, I can't say I'm disappointed in that, I hated him from the very beginning; he's a bully.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

I actually loved Rupert his first season.  Still do.  I am still sad when I rewatch his first vote-off.  I still think Jenna was dumb to dump him at Final 4 in All Stars, because she was never breaking up the bond of Rob and Amber and she was highly unlikely to beat both of them in final immunity, so she was never going to face the jury with the way she went.  And, despite all that, I still don't want to see him back.  There are a number of reasons for that.  His strength was, well, his strength.  He's gotten old now, and that's bound to fade.  We already saw that in HvV.  Second, I don't think he has learned much in way of strategy, and I don't think he ever will.  So tired of players who aren't strategic, or who get the game handed to them on a platter.  Finally, I hate, hate, hate returnees on every damned season.  I hated Rob M.'s fourth go-round, and I don't want Rupert on a fourth time, either.

I have watched very little of the last several seasons because of the leaked cast lists.  This one, I would be okay with save for Colton.  He is all I hate about Survivor:  the promotion of assholes as "great players".  

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 12:08 AM

Besides Tyson doing well and Rupert going first is there any other information about what happened during the season boot wise?

Also, are they filming season 28 in the same location?  If so does anyone know if they have already started filming.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:09 AM

More according to Missyae (take these with a grain of salt):

- Aras is gone pre merge

- Monica makes deep jury

- Colton quits pre merge (apparently because his boyfriend is voted out)

So all spoilers put together, this looks to be a list of people gone pre merge that we know of: Kat, Aras, Candice & her husband, Rupert, Colton & his boyfriend.

And to the above poster, yep S28 is being filmed in the same location and filming likely started almost 2 weeks ago now.

thehepburn

thehepburn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

SurvivorsUnite, who spoiled S20 and confirmed the F3 of S23, has spoiled that the F3 of S27 are Tyson, Gervase, and Monica with Tyson being the likely winner. Monica's chance of winning is unlikely because she is rich.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 3:45 AM

SurvivorsUnite, who spoiled S20 and confirmed the F3 of S23, has spoiled that the F3 of S27 are Tyson, Gervase, and Monica with Tyson being the likely winner. Monica's chance of winning is unlikely because she is rich.

Well that sucks.  I was never a Tyson fan.  Out of those three I would really like to have had Gervase win.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 8:07 AM

More from SurvivorsUnite and Cronix (reputable spoilers):
- Kat, Candice or John don’t win, and are off pre-jury (photographic evidence, SU) 
- Colton is a ‘quitter’ (Cronix),  but this doesn’t mean he quits (SU) 
- Rupert and wife are off pre-jury (SU)
- The tribes are split Family VS Relative (SU)
- Candice and hubby replaces RC and dad (SU)
- Final 3 are comprised of all Favourites, no family (SU)
- Tyson and Gervase do very well (SU, Cronix)
- Final three are comprised of 2 males and 1 female (SU)
- A person from the One World does well, but not enough to win. This person is Monica (SU)
- The reason they don’t do well is because of husband and his money that he already has. This years 'Sherri' (SU)
- The final 3 is Gervase, Tyson and Monica (SU)
- The winner is most likely Gervase or Tyson (SU)
- Redemption Island is in play (Cronix, SU)
- One of the boys has a leg up on the other at FTC. This is Tyson (SU) ------ maybe because his GF is on Jury while Gervase's niece isnt?
- Rupert does something that screws himself up trying to protect his wife (SU)

Disappointed about Redemption Island. Damn it.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 3:29 PM

I thought I read that Jeff said there would be no RI this season.

thehepburn

thehepburn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 4:27 PM

He never said those exact words. People misinterpreted.

Since the RI was originally spoiled by Beatlebum, who spoiled S25/S26, all the way back in May, I always believed that RI was on.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

You know, I never liked Tyson until his pep talk to Coach in the woods after Sandra cut him down at tribal on HvV. I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard during a scene on this show. For that, I'm fine with him winning.

LuckBRealz

LuckBRealz

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 1:18 AM

This season sounds like Hell. Haven't they given Rupert enough money? He should list his occupation as CBS Charity Case. I always cringe when they call someone a "fan favorite." It's more like producers' favorite. First, the Let's Give Boston Rob A Million Dollars season. Then, the Let's Give Cochran A Million Dollars season. Now, we get Rupert for the umpteenth time. They probably brought Colton back because he was injured, that's a sure way to be brought back for another season.

SurvivorManiac

SurvivorManiac

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:31 AM

More spoilers from SU & Cronix:

- Both tribes go to tribal in the premiere and vote someone out. The returnees vote out Candice, the family members vote out Laura Boneham (Rupert's wife)

- Redemption Island has a new twist where the relative can take their place on Redemption Island. Rupert swaps out with his wife, but Candice's husband does not. Candice beats Rupert in the duel and he is out first.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 11:31 PM

- Redemption Island has a new twist where the relative can take their place on Redemption Island. Rupert swaps out with his wife, but Candice's husband does not. Candice beats Rupert in the duel and he is out first.

Wait. Let me get this right. Redemption Island on its own isn't stupid enough, so now they make it so people can get back in the game instantly by (essentially) switching tribes and forcing someone who wasn't voted out onto Redemption Island?

This is, without question, the stupidest thing Jeff Probst has EVER done.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 12:32 AM

After reading about the new twist on RI, I am not sure I want to watch the next season.  The odd thing is, when I first read about the concept of RI (I forgot what other country had it on their Survivor first.) I thought it was pretty cool.  Boy was I wrong about that.

Nascar

Nascar

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

For the record, Survivor 27 premiers on Wednesday, September 18th at 8 PM EDT with and hour and a half show. The BB finale follows it.

SPen

SPen

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2013 @ 6:42 AM

This sounds like it's going to be a trainwreck, and I absolutely hate the vast majority of the cast.

I would go in rooting for Gervase, Tina, RC, and Monica, while hating everyone else. It'll be nice watching Rupert and Colton get bounced again but that's not worth having to sit through arguably the worst set of returnees ever. I guess it was considerate of them to, if they had to bring winners back, bring back two of the most non-threatening because Tina played the game a million years ago and because Aras sucks at it altogether. 

Why they'd bring back the imbecile who voted himself out of the game and who was blindsided twice in two appearances is beyond me, and I'm not going to enjoy seeing Kat again either given that it's absolutely obnoxious how entitled, worthless, and lacking in self-awareness that she is. If these spoilers are right then Gervase better take this season, otherwise it's going to be a travesty.

Edited by SPen, Aug 11, 2013 @ 6:42 AM.