Series: Mission Impossible

• Please log in to reply

7 replies to this topic

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

Your mission twop poster, should you decide to accept it, is to discuss the MI movies... Of which there will be at least 5 now that Tom has signed on. I'm really hoping they bring back the team from 4 instead of giving Ethan a new group.

Also, Jim Phelps would never, ever betray his country!

Edited by akg, May 7, 2013 @ 8:32 PM.

SoManyWays

SoManyWays

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 11:57 AM

I don't see why they had to name that character Jim Phelps.  Yes, I know, they wanted to tie into the original series, but I can think of better ways.

I would really like to see Ving Rhames being disreputable again.  And for female ass-kickers, I vastly prefer Maggie Q to Paula Patton.

computerwoes

computerwoes

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

I would love to get the same team back. Ghost Protocol was my favorite of the series. I'd also love to have Bird return but I'm feeling that's a long shot.

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

I don't see why they had to name that character Jim Phelps.  Yes, I know, they wanted to tie into the original series, but I can think of better ways.

I would really like to see Ving Rhames being disreputable again.  And for female ass-kickers, I vastly prefer Maggie Q to Paula Patton.

SoManyWays, I agree with all of this (although I did like Paula so I'd actually vote for both of them). I still can't believe how disrespectful they were to the source material in the first film.

Two more updates on the next movie. First, fresh off of Iron Man 3 and Pacific Rim, Drew Pearce will be writing the screenplay. 

Tom Cruise just dropped out of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. remake to focus on MI5. Since I like him better as Ethan Hunt than Napolean Solo (I imagine), assuming that's who he was going to play, this is good news. I still wish he'd hand the MI reigns over to someone else and run off with Julia (I liked them together) though.

All of the movies are available on instant netflix now. I need to rewatch the second one since I have no memory of it at all.

catrice2

catrice2

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

I wish Thandie Newton would come back as the love interest.  I liked her much better than the wife in the third installment.

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Nov 23, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

The next movie will be released (in the US) on Christmas Day, 2015. 

And Simon Pegg will be returning which makes me happy.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 11:08 PM

I wish Thandie Newton would come back as the love interest.  I liked her much better than the wife in the third installment.

Me too.

catrice2

catrice2

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 8, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

I also like Thandie Newton as the best love interest in this series. I know she really doesn't work that much, but I do think she has been under rated and miscast in a lot of roles. In this, however, I believed their immediate attraction and when he said she was beautiful it was the most believable I have ever observed in any Tom Cruise movie.  The dance scene when they meet and see each other in Spain is beautiful, and the scene at the racetrack was really good as well.  It would also just seem as if a character like that would understand his lifestyle more, and could be useful.  I think she was good friends with his ex wife and I am not sure she even really wanted this role, but since she is pregnant now it is unlikely she will be back for the next one...or if she was ever asked to come back again.

Edited by catrice2, Dec 8, 2013 @ 9:07 PM.