2-21: "Second Star To The Right" 2013.05.05

• Please log in to reply

279 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 1:52 PM

Mary Margaret, David and Emma embark on a search when Regina and some magic beans go missing; Mr. Gold considers revealing the truth to Lacey; Bae winds up in 19th-century London.

Mod Notes:

Stay on topic. The episode threads are very busy. Don't make it harder for your fellow posters to keep up by engaging in off-topic discussion. Take it to other threads. Discuss this episode in this thread.

Spell things out. Your post will be deleted if it's like "LP and RC were great in that OUAT FB!"

Be polite to each other. Regardless of how passionately you feel about the show, you should always be polite to your fellow posters. You will be suspended if you are rude.

Please do not type in all caps

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 5:09 PM

For that paragraph alone, the recap is 3469405 times better than the past seven episodes of the season combined!

Edited by stealinghome, May 10, 2013 @ 5:09 PM.

WalkSoftly

WalkSoftly

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Bahahahahaaha... 'Regina and the beans'... :D

I agree with stealinghome, the recap, especially that paragraph, was pure gold Cindy.  I have to admit, I have a very hard time with the Neal thing.. Not him necessarily as a person/character, just him with Emma. It's the Mrs. Weasley (or Momma Bear) in me..

I'd LOVE to see that Graham scenario play out..  purely for Emma's sake, of course... *whistles*

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

I don't even have a hard time with Neal and Emma. I just have a hard time with them like this. Emma needs to come out on top for a decade or so.

Edited, because a hard "tim" and a hard "time" are two very different things.

Edited by Cindy McLennan, May 12, 2013 @ 6:01 PM.

regularlyleaded

regularlyleaded

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

I'm not going to even pretend. I despise Nealfire. With Emma or without I just don't like him and this episode only sealed that for me. Neal dead. Me happy. And I'm not sorry.

Rumpel can pluck young Baelfire from 1900's London if he misses him that much.

Elbaite

Elbaite

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

Tamara left for jogging at 6 AM and minutes later Gold's foot was on Whale's face and everybody was up and about and Gold and Lacey were even having drinks! At 7 in the morning!

I'm giggling over that one, Havalina. It's a great catch, but believe it or not, it's actually one of the few real things this show has done. I live in a  seaside town that's become gentrified, but the old-timers say the bars used to have morning shift bartenders, because there was so little else to do. Storybrooke certainly seems like that kind of town, and the morning shift underscores what a lush Lacey is.

Aaaargh, but as for the rest, I've simply given up on having this show make any sense--it hurts too much to try. Yet, I'm still haunted by the image of Neverland Island in the dark with the sounds of crying children carrying over the waves.  If only the show could consistently hit that kind of magic and emotion...

neplusultra

neplusultra

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 2:53 AM

I used to live in a gritty, blue collar neighborhood near a meatpacking plant, and there was a local bar that had morning happy hour from 7 to 8 a.m.; I think in particular it was cheap to get screwdrivers (the orange juice being a breakfast item).  So, yeah, that scene might actually make more sense than it would initially appear. 

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Posts deleted for topic.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 4:07 PM

While I really enjoyed the flashback story, the makeup for Wendy seemed a bit over the top and looked a little fake, so that took me out of the moment a bit.

NettlestoneNell

NettlestoneNell

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 5:08 PM

Totally second that, Camera One. That was some WWII-era lipstick she was wearing.

It seems so sad that Bae (among other things) somehow went from the boy who was with Wendy (protecting her, be-friending her, sacrificing himself for her, maybe feeling 'twitterpated' over her as someone said it) to finding himself manipulated by someone like a Tamara.

edited to clarify: not to say the lipstick actually was *from* WWII (which would make no sense), only that it was from that shocking palette. ...Now if the next time we see Wendy (if we do), it would be hysterical if she were still wearing that color.

Edited by NettlestoneNell, May 12, 2013 @ 5:09 PM.

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

It's unfortunate that there were a lot of bits I liked that would have made an interesting Seasonal plot - if only they hadn't been squeezed into the last couple of episodes. The idea of an anti-magical organisation is one full of potential (though admittedly, it didn't make for a great Season on Buffy, but the potential was there) but the whole "Oh yeah, we're a massive organisation!" is rather marred by the fact that we only see two people, neither of whom is particularly compelling. I did like the retelling of Peter Pan, because frankly, there is plenty creepy about it when you think about it. Although:

NettlestoneNell No, Darling family parents: Upperclass Victorian English DON'T invite guttersnipes into their home. And IF, on the off chance that they do one DOES NOT install 14-year-old boys in their nursery nearby their tween daughter, with whom he has a connection.

....I have to agree with that. Also:

WebosFritos What this episode made me think is that the Darlings must have something to do with this home office. And I liked the creepy shadow.

That would make it like Torchwood, with the Darlings replacing Queen Victoria (and presumably, less sex).

Oh and to chime in on Lacey - while I can see where people are coming from with her, it is a little jarring that people seem to be assuming that Belle should make all the decisions in their life and Lacey should make none. Why? OK, if you're portraying a character with (essentially) Multiple Personality Disorder you have to be very careful how you do it, but per "We are Both" all the other characters accepted that their Storybrooke and Fairy Tale identities are equally valid. Sure, Rumple is taking advantage (When doesn't he? He is the Evil One!) and we can safely assume that while Belle would never sleep with Rumple, Lacey would, which makes the whole thing decidedly squicky, but I don't agree that only Belle gets to decide what LaceyBelle does (we have no guarantee that Belle will ever come back, except the whole Narrative Causality thing ensures she will eventually - and good luck winning her back after that, Mr Gold).

Actionmage I'm not 100% convinced that was Owen's dad- Regina's a lying liar who lies.

Me neither (though it could go either way)

xquuenfrostine Plus, who else would be buried at their old campsite?

Given Regina’s bodycount, just about anyone!