Post Upgrade Extravaganza

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

766 replies to this topic

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 1:00 PM

There was a post on Facebook, stating that the site was having technical difficulties. People were getting the forbidden messages, as well as the problem I described above. Not sure if it was related to the Tubey voting, though.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 1:34 PM

I'm not sure if this is just my browser, since no one else has mentioned it, but the Block o Cheese is wonky for me right now.  The headers are all squished on top of each other in the upper left hand corner for me.  I have Google Chrome, but I'm not sure what version (I think the most up-to-date).  The whole page is off too; posts take up the entire page width-wise, and they never have for me before.

Edited by bparhad, Jul 1, 2013 @ 1:35 PM.

ChickenLatte9

ChickenLatte9

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

I cannot open the Siberia thread at all.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

I know that the links for it in the Big Block o' Cheese and in the recaplet aren't hooked up yet, so I'm guessing that's how you're trying to find the thread. Those should work eventually, but for now, here's a link to it. Sorry about the frustration.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 3, 2013 @ 9:14 AM.

ItsJustATVShow

ItsJustATVShow

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

I doubt this has anything to do with the upgrade but there's no tech thread right now so....

This page is being reused from last year's voting. On an iPad it is taking a full 3-5 minutes to load all those messages, from last year. You can't move, scroll, nada while it happens. I had to veer away multiple times to see who a name was or look up an episode title. Each time, had to go through it again.

Maybe a button to 'show comments' would be a nice option because this is a constant. It's just most pages have less than 10-20 comments so it's really not a big deal otherwise.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 1:55 AM

I can post, but all my tools are greyed out and don't work. No quoting, no spoiler button, no way to bold text, etc. This just started a couple of days ago. I see that some others are still able to use these tools, so I'm not sure what happened. I'm on a standard desktop computer running Windows 7 Home Premium and using Internet Explorer 8. Any ideas?

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 2:10 AM

Just in case it's this - click the icon on the far left in the top row. You might have accidentally set yourself on plain text.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 6:52 AM

Just in case it's this - click the icon on the far left in the top row. You might have accidentally set yourself on plain text

Boy is my face red!  Thank you!  Problem solved. <head slap>

Rickster

Rickster

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 6:58 AM

While I can simply edit posts on my Ipad, when I'm on my Desktop PC, I can only edit by going to the full editor. The quick edit doesn't work. This is something that seems to have changed in the last week or two.

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

I keep getting taken to posts in June 2012 when I haven't been to a thread for a few weeks. This was happening regularly before the upgrade, but then after the upgrade it was fine once I went to a thread once post-upgrade. But it's been happening again. Doesn't happen to threads I visit regularly, but does for those that I don't go to consistently. Is this happening to anybody else? It's really irritating.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 1:52 PM

My guess is that it's a cookie problem on your end. You could try Mark Community Read (underneath the Reply box, on the same line as Change Theme). That marks the entire site as read. Then things should work normally from there on. 

If it doesn't, try removing all TWoP Forum cookies. Then sign out and sign in again.

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2013 @ 9:15 AM

I am trying to vote, but it's bouncing all over the place! When I open the Tubey page, it locks up until it refreshes three times. Then it'll let me scroll through the polls, but the instant I hit the Vote button on any of them, the refresh loop starts up again and when it's done, it looks like I didn't make any selections. Windows 7, FF23.0

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

Editing has been broken for me for a while. Is that everyone or just me? Also posting in the FIRST place is... half broken. I can post, but the "Post" button doesn't work--its just a dead button. Going to "More Reply Options" gets me to another screen with my text carried over, where I can then there hit "Add Reply" and that's how I now have to post. In that "More Reply Options" screen there's no more text editing, by the way--you are now locked into that text you've already typed. And the "Preview Post" button, by the way takes you to another useless screen, where there's still no opportunity to do further edits and the preview you are seeing is essentially the same as the last screen you saw anyway. And as mentioned, Editing never works. Ever. The "Save Changes" button leads to the error "TypeError: ipb.textEditor.getEditor(...) is undefined". The "Use Full Editor" button is (like the "Post" button back in the original posting process) a dead button which does nothing. This is all non-browser AND non-computer specific. Firefox, IE, Chrome, on multiple PCs.

Ack. Here's another problem. Formatting goes blooey. The above text was posted with lots of nice paragraph and line separations but actually wound up posted on the board as one big messy text blob (this is now me posting a follow up post, which I'm assuming is going to be merged with the previous post). This is probably the fourth or fifth time I've consciously noticed that happening, but I'm betting its actually been happening all along (as long as I've had the other problems described above).

EDIT - Hmm.  I guess something got adjusted on the backend (maybe with my account?).  Cause the stuff described above is now all working (you can see I'm able to edit now, and the Post and Full Editor buttons all work now too) after a few weeks of it being broken.  My thanks to whoever did whatever to fix it.

Edited by Kromm, Jul 6, 2013 @ 2:35 PM.

missbonnie

missbonnie

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:31 AM

I am using a Samsung Galaxy SIII and it doesn't crash the browser, but the only way I am able to get to the new posts is by switching to the full version. Sometimes, I can then get it to work if I go back to the mobile version but not always. Is there something I can do to get the mobile version to work all the time?

A Boston Gal

A Boston Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

Just FYI (and apologies if this is in the wrong place, which it probably is) the new "Ray Donovan" forum doesn't open. And the old "Ray Donovan" thread in "Dramas" is locked.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 10:31 AM

The Ray Donovan thread isn't linking from the big block of cheese menu, but you can get to it via the main board index:

http://forums.televi...withoutpity.com

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 11:59 AM

Yes, while I figured out how to make forums visible to posters, I didn't figure out how to add it to the Big Block O' Cheese. That's my next step.

Okay, just updated the pinned post and I think we've gotten as far as we can with lingering upgrade issues. I'm going to close this thread and start a new Tech Issues thread. If there are any lingering issues that you didn't get an answer about, please repost them in the new thread. Thanks to everyone for your help and patience during this upgrade!