11-8: "Fourteen Chefs Compete" 2013.04.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

33 replies to this topic

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Damn, we changed channels before Ho-wife Gretchen came on...those women don't eat ANYTHING, they just pound down liquor and complain that there's no California wine to be found in Italy

Did she bring her skanky deadbeat-dad boyfriend?

They were both very briefly on camera, didn't say anything and he was barely noticeable, not even captioned (your description would have been a good choice).

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 7:33 PM

It's crazy that the men ended up having more chefs when they only won one service and a man was sent home then anyway.

muffaletta

muffaletta

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 2:15 AM

I thought he was going to put Dan on the girls team.

Me too. I think him not going there was just about the only thing about this episode that was not completely predictable.

Dan's plate being better than the one chosen was all too predictable, and given that he went home I think it was definitely BS, and like others said above, it happens every season.

And it's totally obvious that the people who never get any air time at all are the serious chefs who will make it to the black jacket stage.

I don't know why I'm watching this anymore either.

Do the winners actually win the prize they're supposed to win? I don't think I've ever followed up on that.

Edited by muffaletta, Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:38 AM.

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 6:41 AM

Do the winners actually win the prize they're supposed to win? I don't think I've ever followed up on that.

He's given most of them jobs, although not the jobs they seem to have been expecting - a head chef generally has an Executive Chef they report to, and some of the past winners seem to think that was the job they were offered. I'm not sure why anyone thought that financial and staffing decisions for a million dollar business were going to be handed over to someone who won a cooking competition.

They're making a big fuss over Christina, from last year, at his restaurant in Vegas.