16-8: 2013.04.09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

71 replies to this topic

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sewing, reading, yoga, performing arts, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 3:15 PM

Results

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

If this were a double elimination, I'd have been fine with it.

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music--Mandolin
    History
    Vegetarian Cuisine

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Why was Brook wearing a thong around her neck?

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

Dang that's freakin cold blooded.

Gleb said Lisa was in the trailer vomiting just prior to her dance. The voters didn't have to backhand someone that's sick and still came out. That's just wrong.

It's not like someone else didn't suck. Victor was every bit as bad. Lisa wasn't a good dancer but the voters could have shown some class and eliminated her next week. Her flu would have been gone in another couple days.

Edited by aceplace57, Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:05 PM.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Jennifer Lopez is such a diva. The first time she performed on the show, stories came out about how the pros were upset, because JLO insisted that the performance focus mostly on her.

I could see that this was the case again. They barely showed Val & Anna, which is especially annoying, because they looked great together. You could hear the crowd cheering a move that they didn't een show.

Having said that, Jennifer sounded the best she's probably ever sounded. She should always sing in another language. I don't mean that as a diss, because it really sounded good.

Loved the fiery ending of Val & Anna's dance. Val always puts in little touches like that, which I love. Reminds me of some of Karina's old choreography. She used to do that a lot too.

Speaking of, Val & Karina looked great dancing together. Again, it's a shame that we only got to see a little bit. Their speed and precision is unreal.

I wish their old animosity could be set aside, because they really could do some great dances together.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Lisa's time was up. I felt bad for her that she got booted the same week of her fainting spell, but she was a pretty bad dancer to begin with. That said, I would have rather it been Sean. Because, ew.

When DWTS first announced Brad Paisley, I was worried that he would sing "Accidental Racist."

Finally...YAY, ANNA!

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Why was Brook wearing a thong around her neck?

My husband, who rarely mentioned these things, said that exact thing.

So glad Lisa is gone, and her little dog too.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

• Interests:Facebook: Jaclyn Holland-Strauss
    Twitter: JaclynHStrauss or Flirtycatherine
    My website is for those who are interested in blogs on pop culture, religion, philosophy, health, humour, politics, etc. I have polls, information on the Illuminati, tv shows, etc. I also have tips on how to improve your writing, along with tips for how to do better in school. There are also samples of my own writing.I hope you enjoy!

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

What was the name of the song that Mark and Aly danced to?

I think Gleb is a real find. I wish I could dance with him!

McManda

McManda

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

What was the name of the song that Mark and Aly danced to?

Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

I understand Lisa was sick and feel bad for her, but don't really think it was unfair she was voted off. If she couldn't generate enough sympathy votes when she was sick, she wasn't long for this competition anyway. Victor won't be around much longer either, but I'd rather see him last an extra week. Lisa seems to have a good attitude though.

Val winning that stupid 20 second dance over Derek was worth it for the absolute bitchfest it's causing his fans to have on twitter about the unfairness of popularity votes. As if poor Derek never gets any special attention and/or wins popularity contests.

I'm more concerned about Sean's votes. Dude sucks, but I think he has people. I could see him lasting far longer than his dancing warrants.

Yay Anna! Also I don't understand this side by side nonsense for next week. Does that mean female celebs have to dance alongside a female pro? Does this show have a female pro that won't look ridiculous (height wise obviously) standing alongside Zendaya? Though Maks fans should be happy he's making an appearance.

Edited by spanana, Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:13 PM.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

I would have rather the opening dance was girl gangs too. Also, what a bunch of hard-to-see blondes. They need redheads and I know where they can start (Anna). Also, wasn't Lacey supposed to choreograph that dance?

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Speaking of, Val & Karina looked great dancing together. Again, it's a shame that we only got to see a little bit. Their speed and precision is unreal.

I wish their old animosity could be set aside, because they really could do some great dances together.

Does that "old animosity" have to do with the Maks/Karina breakup?

Another person that has people is Cheryl. Geez. D.L hasn't even been in jeopardy yet.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

Well another female bites the dust. Well it's going to be a LOOOOOOONG time before we'll see another female go home. So when is this double elimination coming up? I'm predicting week 6 where we'll see both comedians Andy & D.L. go home.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I'm apprehensive about the side-by side dances next week. What is the point, exactly of comparing the celebs to the professionals? Do they just want to cement Zendaya's ringer status?

And meh on them bringing back Tristan and Maks. The show's been running just fine without either of them IMO

If this were a double elimination, I'd have been fine with it.

Heck, if this was a triple elimination, I'd have been fine with it (Lisa/D.L/Sean or Victor. I was happy to see that they finally gave Andy a break and didn't throw him under the red light this week.

Anna and Val were nice, though I wish the camera had focused some more on them.

Edited by sintin, Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:20 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Well, this is panning out fine for me. Don't like Lisa; Don't know why.

Next? Sean.....

Super glad Victor stayed.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

The spotlight dance with the visually impaired lady was so good. It reminded me why I still like Derek. He seemed so moved after the dance. It was hard for him to even speak. He's really a nice guy that cares.

Edited by aceplace57, Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:23 PM.

McManda

McManda

Fanatic

Also, what a bunch of hard-to-see blondes.

I think this is part of why Lindsay isn't doing it for me. She disappears into the sea of blondes and there's nothing about her personality that I've seen to make her stand out. It's a shame everyone has to be blonde - Peta, Lindsay, Oksana, Kym, Whitney, Emma. I know it's petty, but I much preferred Peta and Lacey as their natural brunette.

Why does everyone in Hollywood insist on being fake-blonde?

superdeluxe

superdeluxe

Video Archivist

I don't know about this side by side mess for next week. The only one who will probably end up looking good out of that is Zendaya. So, is this just another way to prop and/or pimp her?

But I'm sure the fans of those pros who were mentioned are happy. They get to see them next week, making the contestants look bad.

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:37 PM

Wowza, Victor and Lindsey survived!

I want to also say that legally blind ballerina was amazing: she was absolutely beautiful.

peacefulsong

peacefulsong

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

Super disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Val and Anna's dance. It was frustrating to hear the audience cheering for them and not be able to see why. And they looked so good. Honestly, I think I could watch Val dance all day long with pretty much anyone. Such a beautiful dancer.

And if they were only going to show us 30 seconds of that silly twitter vote dance, why bother?

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

I still feel Lisa may have been the one going home week one so not surprised to see her go this week. Suppose it could have been Victor but I won't miss Lisa. I wish Victor had a different partner because I do like him but the partnership with Lindsey is lacking.

Karina and Val are amazing to watch. I wish we could see them more often.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

So much word on all the blonde female pros. When did that happen? All I saw at the beginning was Karina, Cheryl, Sharna and a whole lot of blonde.

LucyEwing

LucyEwing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

Lisa was ready to go. She hasn't tweeted in 6 days. With over 550,000 followers she surely knows tweets about the show and asking for votes would help her greatly.

I agree that this was probably the best J-Lo has sounded. That's not saying much, though. Great to see Anna. She's such a beautiful dancer.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

Also, they must have got a LOT of complaints about Len's treatment of DL (I complained to ABC). That backstage stuff on the results show was very interesting.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

Does this show have a female pro that won't look ridiculous (height wise obviously) standing alongside Zendaya?

I'm wondering who Val will choose as well. Maybe TPTB will allow him to dust off Anna Demedova or Edyta just so Zendaya doesn't tower over her pro.

Aly's become so frumpy I almost can't tell her apart from Wynonna Judd at this point.

The resemblance is startling; the hair, the height, the skintone, and stature. I had to look up the Olympic Team finals just to make sure it was really Aly and not Wynonna who did that sick opening tumbling pass on her floor routine.

Bavct

Bavct

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 9:59 PM

I thought Anna and Val were great together, but I love Anna no matter what. Great to see her, we need her fiery red hair in that sea of Ms. Clairol 9AA. Tony and Peta were exceptionally good too, I don't like Peta that much but she and Tony danced beautifully together - they had some sick lifts in there. Val and Karina were great together but of course all I could think of was Maks like a shadow hanging over them.

Bye Lisa - get well soon. Glad Ingo is safe.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

Lisa wasn't a good dancer but the voters could have shown some class and eliminated her next week.

How would voters have done this? By somehow all agreeing to vote for her and no-one else?

Edited by LennieB, Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:04 PM.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Lisa was the right one to go, in fact, she should have been gone earlier IMO. I am just glad to not have to see her backside hanging out of her leotard anymore in practice. And that poor dog can go home.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:09 PM

People DO know that stage lights aren't as bright as the sun, right?

Edited by LennieB, Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:17 PM.

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music--Mandolin
    History
    Vegetarian Cuisine

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:09 PM

Edited to add: I think that blind girl might've been faking her blindness just to get on the show or get sympathy, now that I think of it. Think about it: she says the sun is too bright when she goes outside, but then she's cavorting around all these bright lights during that so-called performance. Plus, Derek didn't seem to be very concerned about her at all. I'm calling bullshit.

You can't hold a candle to the Sun. It is almost impossible to beat as a light source on Earth. The low lights in the studio are nothing.