11-12: "Europe, Here We Come" 2013.04.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

231 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 1:51 PM

From Zap2it:

The designers travel to Berlin, Barcelona, London, and Paris to get inspiration for the final challenge before the finale.

This thread will open at 11:01pm EDT on April 11th. Note: this episode is two hours instead of the usual 90 minutes.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

Seeing Layana cut and Patricia getting in was probably more satisfying than it should have been. Oh well, buh-bye Layana.

Genevamom

Genevamom

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Amen! The idea of spoiled, pouty Layana at fashion week turned my stomach. I might not always understand what Patricia is doing, but I am always fascinated. As for Michelle, she definitely earned her spot, but her shit-stirring drives me wild. She was so sour with her second chance. I hope to hell we aren't treated to endless leather breast plates. I don't really get the appeal, and her skirt really did look dingy. She is definitely is someone else's cup of tea.

chailey

chailey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

Well, shows what I know about fashion, I guess. I hated Stanley's look and liked Layana's. Props to Daniel for coming up with a look not aimed at the ladies who lunch. I liked Michele's look as well. Thought that Patricia is the one who should have been auffed, though I am grateful that I wont have to hear Layana's whiny voice anymore. Loved seeing Berlin, as I took a vacation there years ago and it really brought those memories back. Barcelona has just been added to the bucket list.

ETA Was it producer shenanigans that determined Daniel ending up at a German version of JoAnn,s Fabric while the other designers got high end fabric stores?

Edited by chailey, Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:11 PM.

BennieHannah

BennieHannah

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

I have been willing to give Dour Michelle a pass this entire season because she's talented and, I guess, a bit of a loner and within the pressure-cooker context of Project Runway, I could see how she'd feel grumpy. But in this episode she acts like she's been exiled to Dayton Ohio to purchase fabric from the local Walmart. I'd be sooo happy to avoid the pressure of travel and jet lag and the "unknown," which seemed to be a problem for some of them in terms of fabric choice. Bitch, you were in NYC at MOOD with $1000, sleeping in your own bed. I'm done with her.

DarlingP

DarlingP

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:12 PM

Layana's outfit looked like what hipper Muslim women wear.

TVQueen

TVQueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

Shocked but thrilled that Layana was cut and Patricia is in. They really mis-directed us with the discussion. I think Patricia has been given so many passes on some horrible outfits, but clearly they most see something in her. Her collection might be really great...or not. At least Layana had no one to blame and no one to "feel betrayed" by. I really don't like Michelle but I did like her look and think she's a good designer.Daniel was sort of touching and sort of pathetic with how overwhelmed he was by the whole experience. At any rate I think this is Stanley's to lose.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

Daniel can be moved to tears by a fire hydrant at this point. Oy. I did like his look though.

Bye, Layana. I'm sure you will find plenty of people to blame for your ouster.

Michelle's reverse top non black side was a seat cover in a 50's diner.

Edited by rustyspigot, Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:38 PM.

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

I didn't like Stanley's look at all, other than the lining and the little pop that gave. I was actually impressed that Daniel did some young and edgy-ish - it def felt a little Berlin. I HAAATTTEEEEDDDD Layana's sleeves and agreed the coat looked dowdy - although I could see the Barcelona inspiration in the tiling and pattern. But you have to think that in a city so full of color and crazy Gaudi design (La Sagrada Familia is one of my most fave places on the planet), Layana's look would have been so much more colorful, or at least have a lively, young spirit about it. Patricia's I actually didn't hate - I liked the textile manipulation she did, as well as the collar piece as Heidi pointed out. But I hated those sleeves and her nothing pants. I really actually loved that Nina and Zac didn't like it (it did look like a trash bag to me) and that John Legend didn't get it, and thought it was b/c he wasn't edge enough. No John - it really was just strange. But interesting enough, so I can't criticize it too much. Michelle's I loved as always and would wear in a second. Agreed she could have done a better job on the ombre effect, but I liked it just fine. I really love nearly everything she does.

But yeah, I did not like Stanley's. And Heidi sounded like an idiot saying that the model's thick dark eyeliner made her appear strong. Duh, that is what thick eyeliner, esp. winged, is supposed to do. Did she just start learning about make up?

I don't blame Michelle for being a little pissy when everyone came back from their trips. I would have felt alone too, and like I was the black sheep. That is not a good feeling. Also Patricia was really annoying screaming or whatever when she walked through the door. This episode confirmed for me Patricia has a hard time explaining herself clearly. Enough about all these layers of Parisian history. THAT I certainly did not see in her garment.

I love Berlin and enjoyed watching Daniel's mini-tour. The Lustgarten in front of the Altes Museum and Berliner Dom, where he sketched, is really such a beautiful spot. And whoah, Daniel's breakdowns were making me very uncomfortable. It was a bit worrisome, to be honest. I'd be emotional going to Europe for the first time to, but I dunno - I was unnerved by him a little. He pulled out a good garment though so I guess it's working for him.

I am glad Michelle and Stanley advance to FW. I don't really care much about anyone else.

Edited by geeweeze, Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:39 AM.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

I was so hoping smarter minds would prevail, but since it's Heidi's show, she keeps who she wants, so we're stuck with seeing more arts & crap from Patricia. The passes she's been given all season are too numerous to count. I can't believe I totally agreed with all Nina actually pointed out about Patricia, too. I thought Daniel was a goner because I really don't think his design would have been as 'young' if Amanda hadn't been his helper.

Paratroper

Paratroper

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

I'm hoping Michelle goes home and finds History Channel's 'Vikings' on her DVR, as I could see it inspiring her. Layana is really pretty.I'm glad we won't be hearing her voice any longer. I liked Daniel's look quite a bit. They're right. It felt like Germany to me.
I'm with Nina, though, regarding Patricia. I wonder whether she can pull off a collection. But, then again, I'm interested to see what she does, and if her time management issues are better handled away from the grind of the show. Would PR allow one very very detailed outfit as a 'collection'?

mauras

mauras

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

Quite aside from my opinion of Michele as a person, I'm frequently baffled by her aesthetic, and tonight was no exception. That quilted patent vest with the babyshit color on the reverse...that was just vile. I did like the skirt, but pairing it with that vest--does she have any taste at all? I'm not convinced that she does.

I loved Daniel's outfit, pleather and all, but nothing else really did much for me--not even Stanley's, though he's been my favorite designer for most of the season. At their core, this group of designers just don't seem that talented or interesting, unfortunately.

And I'm going to be laughing about those pink sleeves poking out of Layana's dowdy (not hideous, just blah) jacket for days. The blouse wasn't terrible when the jacket was removed, but the sleeves just looked like giant pink flamingos sticking out of the black sleeves. Not at all sorry to see her go home, though I'd have been fine with Patricia going too.

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

Boy, this was the slowest episode of The Amazing Race, ever.

I really liked Layana's jacket though the sleeves were awful. I could see it on a character in an Almodovar movie. But what do I know?

I didn't get the love of Michelle's fashion catcher's chest protector, though having it both in Home and Away colors is thoughtful.

I have to believe that it was a set up from the start to have one designer left behind this episode. They should have made her watch "National Lampoon's European Vacation" while the others cavorted about Europe.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

ETA Was it producer shenanigans that determined Daniel ending up at a German version of JoAnn,s Fabric while the other designers got high end fabric stores?

Or how about Michelle getting the same $1000 American and then didn't have to lose a third of it by converting it to Euros? And then she had the nerve to whine about not getting a trip and crap up her cashmere. Her model must have been ready to have heat stroke in all that cashmere and a double layered leather vest.

Patricia winning the last spot over Layana is just a tasty treat. I really want to see what Patricia can do and really had no interest in seeing Layana's ready to wear.

JustMary

JustMary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:03 PM

Or how about Michelle getting the same $1000 American and then didn't have to lose a third of it by converting it to Euros? And then she had the nerve to whine about not getting a trip and crap up her cashmere.

This. This so damned much. Waaah waaah...Michelle didn't get a whirlwind, jet-lagged one-day trip to a European city, lose a large percentage of her budget in conversion, or risk getting stuck with a fabric store which didn't carry any leather or silk. I'm sick of her, and her description of the color of her breastplate material ("Look! Isn't it gorgeous? Diarrhea brown!") made me dislike her even more. I confess that the breastplate piece was kind of cool, but the skirt looked just as Heidi said it did...like a dirty horse blanket. She's lucky Lisa is her model, because that girl can work a garment and has such a versatile look.

I thought Daniel's look was head-to-toe perfection, but I also think he owes a fair amount of that to Amanda. Stanley's was sleek and nice, and yet somewhat underwhelming. Patricia's I didn't get. At all. I'm sure what she does is interesting, but I don't find it cool or beautiful or exciting. Layana had some good ideas, but somehow I didn't think it came out well. I loathe her anyway, so I'm glad she was cut.

All of the designers were so excited to be coming back to New York...did none of them notice Heidi did NOT say they were showing at Fashion Week? Have they not watched previous seasons to know that there WILL be another elimination? I mean, I know it's great to just not be cut, but although I am certain that Stanley and Michelle are a lock for Fashion Week, I don't think Daniel or Patricia should be getting excited just yet.

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:08 PM

And then she had the nerve to whine about not getting a trip and crap up her cashmere.

Oh I wasn't bothered. Michelle wasn't complaining that she didn't get a free trip. She was feeling crappy about having a look she felt confident about ragged on by the judges. Something you believe is solid almost costing you the contest? That would make me feel worried and unsettled. I am sure she was glad for the second chance, but feeling like the judge's just don't like what you think your best is? That would be a hard pill to swallow. I can understand her feeling lonely - that's fine. And were I in the workroom and Patricia was making strange noises in celebration like that, and I felt like I had a lot on the line and my best might not be good enough, and that others could bond over their joyous experience and I was in misery-town feeling I was on life support, yeah, I would have been annoyed as well. And Tim Gunn agreed she should hombre the cashmere - TIM GUNN! She wasn't sure, he said go for it, so she did. And I thought it was great. So I really see no issue.

Plus, even if they were jet-lagged, the contestants were inspired and seeming rejuvenated by their trips. That could have been a valuable advantage and as Michelle, even if I were grateful about the second chance and remembered that I was in NY, fashion capital, I would also think oh, a trip to Berlin could have helped this funk. I think that's human.

("Look! Isn't it gorgeous? Diarrhea brown!")

Thought it was a joke. And if she likes it, as Tu seemed to as well, as the judges seemed to, then fine.

Edited by geeweeze, Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:19 PM.

Lopethina

Lopethina

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

I am obsessed with Michelle's aesthetic. I'd wear everything she's made this season (possibly minus the fringe necklace).

But, sheesh, what a nasty person she is, with her "Don't touch me!"s and her shortsighted pouting. She must be an extrovert because, as an introvert, I'd be so thrilled to get a day alone (sorta) to recuperate from the relentless grind of doing this show -- not to mention not dealing with exchange rates, language barriers, and, worst of all, sleep deprivation.

After the judges learned that Richard is useless, I was irritated that they brought him back. But of course they paired him with the person who needed the least help, and then they didn't show him much. I wonder if Stanley told him to just take a seat.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:15 PM

Michelle is such a joyless person-I don't think she has a sense of humor at all. Her dour looks at the designers coming in and her curt "no hugs" was just annoying. I'm quite sure she will win this, because much like Gretchen, they show her TH's all the freaking time.

Also can't stand Layana and her clothes are always either boring or H&M looking to me so glad to see her go. I actually thought Patricia's top was kind of cool and I disagree with Nina that a runway look has to be sellable-it should be thought provoking and interesting. I like Stanley but was underwhelmed by his gown which was pretty but not interesting. Daniel's outfit did look German-like, but was basically just a pleather jacket and basic skirt and top. Can't imagine Daniel coming up with anything cool for fashion week.

Virtuoso80x

Virtuoso80x

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:20 PM

It amazes me how Nina is willing to diss her own industry. She basically states that fashion, the thing she has devoted her whole life to, isn't a real art. Then what are you doing there, Nina? I don't expect everyone who works at McDonalds to believe in the glories of fast food, but people who take the time and effort to get into an artistic, creative industry usually do it for the love, and because they believe in it. As commercial as he is, could you imagine John Legend (who for some reason was the guest judge) saying music isn't really an art?

As an artist, I find it insulting to humanity that, regardless of what you think of Patricia herself, Nina would actually make the argument, "this is someone I agree might have something unique and original to contribute to the arts, but I don't care about that."

contessakitty

contessakitty

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:24 PM

When Heidi told Layana she wouldn't be returning to NY I clapped so hard it hurt and I shouted gleefully and scared my cat! I haven't hated a woman so much since Gretchen. I hated Ivy at the time but her time in All Stars made me dislike her less.

Edited by contessakitty, Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:26 PM.

caci66

caci66

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:28 PM

I wasn't able to see the beginning which was too bad as I was looking forward to the trips. However, what an uninspired lot. I didn't really think anything was awful (although Patricia's came close), but nothing stood out either. Also, were was the color? I'm so tired of the drab monotones. They were in some of the most vibrant cities in the world - couldn't they design some outfits that expressed that?

For the most part, I'm happy with who's going to fashion week. I've always liked Stanley and Daniel. Patricia has always been hit or miss with me, but her cloths are original at least. Michelle, I do not like. Unfortunately, I tend to like her style but her personality rubs the wrong way.

Edited to say that even though I liked Stanley's outfit, the makeup on his model was way too distracting. I just couldn't get past it.

Edited by caci66, Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:41 PM.

tripsy

tripsy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:30 PM

Or how about Michelle getting the same $1000 American and then didn't have to lose a third of it by converting it to Euros? And then she had the nerve to whine about not getting a trip and crap up her cashmere.

Yeah. I was really annoyed by her whining when she was given the motherload of advantages. She didn't lose a ton of her budget in the conversion process. She already knew her city and should have known almost by heart her store and the fabric choices available, so nothing stopped her from starting to plan in her mind exactly what she wanted to do long before her "tour" of NYC. The others couldn't really plan much until they saw their city and their fabric store, so they had to waste hours in airport lines, security, customs, airplanes and long car rides to and from the airport, time that Michelle could have easily used to perfect her design. She also had a great store with a good selection of fabrics, and didn't have to deal with any of the jet lag of flying to Europe and back in just 24 to 36 hours.

She may not have gotten a free half working day in Europe, but she hit the jackpot in terms of advantages.

Daniel, on the other hand, got absolutely hosed. He got by far the worst clothing store, especially considering that this was a "High End" challenge. Are we supposed to believe that was the best clothing store they could find in Berlin? Not to mention that he got Berlin. No offense to that city, which is about 10th in terms of fashion capitals, but it can't compare to Paris, London, Barcelona and NYC, which are probably the top four. If they wanted to make it a little more fair they should have sent him to Madrid, Milan or Rome, which would be a little more comparable to the other cities in terms of fashion.

Edited by tripsy, Apr 11, 2013 @ 11:39 PM.

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

I love Zac, he is adorable. I liked the guest judge too.

I still loathe Michelle. I can't bring myself to feel sorry for her, as I am a horrible person. She was still stuck on how much SHE loved her work, disregarding the challenge guidelines altogether. It is only about you to an extent, Michelle, but mostly about the challenge or the client.
Still, it was a silly punishment. But she acted like a baby about it. She could have been kicked off.

Wow, what a shocker than Daniel had never traveled, lol...not. Enough with the tears already.

The traveling assistant was a spin, and a shocker. But WHY did they have to include Richard? He does not deserve to go to Europe and no one should have him inflicted on them. By now, the judges must know he is incompetent, so it can only be a plot device. I wouldn't go across the hall with this nut job. But I guess he was okay with Stanley.

I really hate it when designers criticize what another designer. I guess with the competition, it is kind of natural but don't they have enough to worry about?

It took twelve episodes or so, but I was kind of rooting for Patricia a tiny bit for once.

As far as the designs:

Layana: That coat looked like a straight jacket. ha, ha, the sleeves. Glad Nina gave it to her. Looked much better without the coat. The coat was not horrible but it did look too restrictive. With a black lace mantilla, she could have been going to church.

Michelle: The skirt did indeed look a little dirty. Her model did her thing as usual. I did not like her look at all, the dress seemed like Stanley's piece a few weeks ago, in the shape. I guess I do not "get" Michelle and I am not "with it."

Stanley: I got this, and loved his inspiration about the lady in a tower, so I was a sucker for that, except for the exposed zipper...done and over with. Why can't Heidi see how sexy she would look in something like this, chic and covered up? He has a classier taste than the others.

Patricia: I kind of liked this for some reason lol., But not as a Paris inspiration piece. Again, no shape. Heidi was nice, and she was right, it (the top) was special , even if you did not like it. Nina was really over her.

Daniel: Did look kind of cheap, for $1000 look. I kind of got Berlin, but that came from the styling. Was shocked that Nina liked it, especially the boots.
Glad Zac mentioned his taste level. But I do wonder what he would have done if he had been alone, without his younger helper. She influenced him a lot.

Man, I hate Michelle's hair. It is so unflattering. I am being so petty, I know.

Shocked in a way, that Patricia was in, I guess it shows that Nina does not have much pull, as she was really pushing for Layana and against Patricia.
And glad to see Layana finally go. (But I did feel a little sorry for her.)

Actually looking forward to the collections now and rooting for Stanley. Hope he can come up with an edgier collection, while sticking to his vibe.

Also, no one hated on Michelle's outfit last week, must said she did not follow directions. So her whole downer thing was BS to me.

Edited by Bebecat, Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:22 AM.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:25 AM

Oh I wasn't bothered. Michelle wasn't complaining that she didn't get a free trip. She was feeling crappy about having a look she felt confident about ragged on by the judges. Something you believe is solid almost costing you the contest? That would make me feel worried and unsettled. I am sure she was glad for the second chance, but feeling like the judge's just don't like what you think your best is? That would be a hard pill to swallow. I can understand her feeling lonely - that's fine. And were I in the workroom and Patricia was making strange noises in celebration like that, and I felt like I had a lot on the line and my best might not be good enough, and that others could bond over their joyous experience and I was in misery-town feeling I was on life support, yeah, I would have been annoyed as well. And Tim Gunn agreed she should hombre the cashmere - TIM GUNN! She wasn't sure, he said go for it, so she did. And I thought it was great. So I really see no issue.

Plus, even if they were jet-lagged, the contestants were inspired and seeming rejuvenated by their trips. That could have been a valuable advantage and as Michelle, even if I were grateful about the second chance and remembered that I was in NY, fashion capital, I would also think oh, a trip to Berlin could have helped this funk. I think that's human.

Thought it was a joke. And if she likes it, as Tu seemed to as well, as the judges seemed to, then fine.

The technique Michelle used on the cashmere isn't "hombre" (the word for "man" in Spanish-speaking countries), it's "ombré" (fabric with a dyed, printed, or woven design in which the color is graduated from light to dark and often into stripes of varying shades).

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:38 AM

The technique Michelle used on the cashmere isn't "hombre" (the word for "man" in Spanish-speaking countries), it's "ombré" (fabric with a dyed, printed, or woven design in which the color is graduated from light to dark and often into stripes of varying shades).

Yeah ok thanks. I wrote ombre sans accent originally, and just clicked on whatever was red-underlined thinking I was wrong. Spell check doesn't know better. And also I didn't need the definition, of either term really. It was a typo. So, apologies.

Edited by geeweeze, Apr 16, 2013 @ 2:15 AM.

YoureSoUrban

YoureSoUrban

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:40 AM

Yeah I'm so sure Michelle would have been super gracious and not expressed any excitement or pronounce a single word about her trip to Europe if she had gone on one. Shut up, Michelle. Ever since she said she didn't want to be touched I've watched how she engages others and she's hugged lots of people. Shut up again, Michelle.

I got the distinct impression the cameraman in Barcelona really liked Layana's booty shorts. Her elimination was satisfying but she'll do just fine whining and batting her eyes at the right people.

hunterhunted

hunterhunted

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

Yeah. I was really annoyed by her whining when she was given the motherload of advantages. She didn't lose a ton of her budget in the conversion process. She already knew her city and should have known almost by heart her store and the fabric choices available, so nothing stopped her from starting to plan in her mind exactly what she wanted to do long before her "tour" of NYC. The others couldn't really plan much until they saw their city and their fabric store, so they had to waste hours in airport lines, security, customs, airplanes and long car rides to and from the airport, time that Michelle could have easily used to perfect her design. She also had a great store with a good selection of fabrics, and didn't have to deal with any of the jet lag of flying to Europe and back in just 24 to 36 hours.

She may not have gotten a free half working day in Europe, but she hit the jackpot in terms of advantages.

Daniel, on the other hand, got absolutely hosed. He got by far the worst clothing store, especially considering that this was a "High End" challenge. Are we supposed to believe that was the best clothing store they could find in Berlin? Not to mention that he got Berlin. No offense to that city, which is about 10th in terms of fashion capitals, but it can't compare to Paris, London, Barcelona and NYC, which are probably the top four. If they wanted to make it a little more fair they should have sent him to Madrid, Milan or Rome, which would be a little more comparable to the other cities in terms of fashion.

So much word to your entire post. Michelle should be thanking her lucky stars not only for avoiding the jet lag and travel time, but also for the fact that she wasn't forced to suddenly be awake at a time that would be the dead of the night back in New York. Considering how little down time they have during the competition, staying in New York could almost be seen as reward.

I don't know why they picked Berlin and not Milan or Rome. Milan, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, and Berlin are all in the Central European timezone. And Daniel was completely hosed with his hobbyist fabric shop. I found it hard to feel sorry for him because I spent the first half of the epsidoe being annoyed at him breaking into tears at the drop of a hat.

I'm not sad to see Layana go. She was overly entitled and her jacket looked like she ripped it off of C &C Music Factory.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:43 AM

But, sheesh, what a nasty person she is, with her "Don't touch me!"s and her shortsighted pouting.

I'll admit I have not like Michelle for most of this season, but I totally understand the no hugging thing. No everybody likes being hugged all the time.

I am surprised that Heidi seems to really like Patricia's work. I'm sure if it wasn't for her she would have been long gone. I also like how Zac basically stepped in and attempted to clean up/clarify Nina's statement about fashion not being art.

azzurro

azzurro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:45 AM

I realized by the end of this episode that I really didn't care at all who the finalists would be. IMO Michelle and Stanley were no-brainers, and the only ones who really deserved it. I think Daniel lucked out by getting Amanda as his assistant - when Heidi asked during the judges' discussion "Are we a little nervous about Daniel's taste?" I screamed at my TV "YES! YES! A thousand times YES!" (And there's something fake about all his emotionalism that really creeps me out)

But I really didn't think Layana or Patricia were worthy candidates either. Based on what they showed today, I would have given the edge to Layana, even though I can't stand her personally. Patricia's outfit just looked like a complete mess, and in no way at all suggested Paris to me.

I didn't think Michelle was griping about not getting a trip. I got the impression that it was more the judges' attitude that she had to be somehow "punished" for what she did in the previous challenge that was grating on her, though she didn't say that. I think it was a ridiculous attitude for them to take toward her, although I agree that ironically staying in New York probably ultimately worked to her advantage (I personally would not be that excited to get to go to any of those European cities for just a day and a half).

Not to mention that he got Berlin. No offense to that city, which is about 10th in terms of fashion capitals, but it can't compare to Paris, London, Barcelona and NYC, which are probably the top four. If they wanted to make it a little more fair they should have sent him to Madrid, Milan or Rome, which would be a little more comparable to the other cities in terms of fashion.

Is Barcelona really considered a fashion capital? I've been there twice and it's a beautiful city, but I thought that was just as odd a choice as Berlin in terms of fashion - possibly even more odd. I was surprised that Rome and/or Milan weren't in there.

Edited by azzurro, Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:51 PM.

tomkhagai

tomkhagai

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 12:47 AM

Patricia is the first designer since Jay in Season 1 to go to Fashion Week without having won a challenge.