12-25: "Top 7 Results" 2013.04.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

161 replies to this topic

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:57 PM

"Somebody to Love" was as bad a group sing as any in AI histoire. One thing that was fun to see was the sound engineer monkeying around with mic levels within the song. Amber totally missed her cue and we could see/hear her harmonizing barely registering. All of a sudden, Blammo! Full mic.

Cute car, cute wannabes, cute commercial.

Jimmy was essentially 100% correct in his assessments. Wake up, Ameriker.

Carrie is ridic pretty. That mess of a song is not. You know it's brutal when even the wannabes sit like lumps on a log when an icon like Carrie is on stage. Ugh. Still great to see her on an Idol stage again.

Kudos to the overwhelming number of folks in here who called Amber in B3 (I know, not official). Janelle did NOT belong in B2.

Buh bye, Burnelle-b. Perhaps you can go create some origami with yo gesticulating self?

Edited by trojan69, Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:58 PM.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

Pretty shocked that Janelle was bottom 2. I'm guessing Kree is killing the country vote.

Lazaro Top 3. LOLz.

Kree's been announced safe first every single time. That can't be random. Once again Jimmy thinks she's perfect.

Amber in the bottom 3. No kidding, she has no fans. The amount of pimping she gets is crazy, should of known better than Jimmy wouldn't call her out for singing a ballad.

Candace had an epic bitch face going for about 20 minutes. It's bull that Laz was Top 3 over her, but you can't show the world that.

So what happens if Lazaro gets the lowest votes next week? They have to use the save or they're short a week unless they pull some BS and have a non-elimination week when Amber goes.

Edited by CK17, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:03 PM.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Lazaro is top 3 bwahahaha. If I had a horse in this race that would most likely irritate me but since I'm only watching because I can't not I find it HILARIOUS.

I also find it hilarious that Lazaro knows the words to BURNELL'S songs.

Lazaro is just mowing them down...Janelle and Amber are next.

If instruments were allowed then, I think Bo had a pretty good chance of being the first WGWG. I just adored him so and I think I'm the only person I know IRL who didn't like "Alone" and wasn't very enamored of Carrie.

(As an aside, does anyone else read WGWG as "wiggywig?")

Poor Casey. Why on earth did they need to drag up his embarrassing audition? I mean, it wasn't embarrassing for him but it sure made Kara look like an ass. He is so divine on the guitar and I'm not one who's usually that fond of guitar players (except Bo and Phillip haha).

And I would love to know what was in the gift bags Casey gave the contestants. That was really cute.

Edited by mojoween, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:03 PM.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Lazaro's fanbase is formidable, and tonight's results put the lie firmly to last week's fakery.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

Lazaro in the Top 3 is a little scary, but there are a two factors that explain it: bottom 2 last week and shitty performances last night meant that backstory/sympathy votes for him were going to be through the roof. I was also surprised Janelle landed in the bottom 2.

So the main question I have: if Lazaro does hit the bottom of the barrel next week, will they have to save him or does their save stretch into the Top 5? I'm sure Nigel and Ken will change it as fit. Plus, if they only boot one finalist after it's used, it doesn't really matter when they use it.

Kree being in the Top 3 after that lackluster performance and being in the near-death slot (#2) indicates she could actually win.

Edited by Phan, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:06 PM.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

Thank gosh Burnell is gone; been getting it right so far this season (except for Paul).

I'm glad Lazaro was safe, but Top 3? That was a surprise, even for me. Just how many votes did he accumulate last night?

Nonetheless, I'm glad this result show was not filler heavy like last week.

Carrie Underwood didn't impress me; not quite a good enough song to sing on TV. Something about her singing doesn't ring well for me.

Now Lazaro is the last guy there. Think he'll make the Top 5? I know Nicki wants an all girl Top 5, and imagine Lazaro trolling the show by getting a spot in there. Nicki AND Nigel would probably go nuts, and heck, maybe even Jimmy can join them.

MKX

MKX

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Lazaro is so winning this. The producer tried to stack the decks to ensure they'd have a female winner, but Lazaro is going to crush their dreams.

Tasya

Tasya

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

I'm so surprised at Nicki, Keith and Randy. They just proved that marketability means more than talent to them. I'm sorry but in what world have either Amber or Angie done better than Candice on a cumulative basis? I don't either one of them have had a single song since top 10 that has been better than just "good". But both of them are slim and attractive, so that's all that matters. I don't know why I keep fooling with Idol, when this happens almost always. Angie & Amber have the look and autotune can take care of the rest, so let's pimp the hell out of them at the expense of a better singer! Great idea that.

I don't think Candice had a bitch face; I honestly think it was a shocked as hell face. Week after week they don't give her any criticism or tell her anything that needs improving or that she should work on, until last night when Keith said that he would have criticized her on using the stage. Every week they have either said she was best of the night or top 3. That builds up an expectation, then to see list after list pop up there on live TV, I don't think anyone in her position would have reacted any better.

Lazaro in the top 3 is a travesty. I know that every year there is that one contestant, but he is so obviously outclassed, that it's really pathetic at this point. He isn't even in the same league with the rest of the people on that stage.

I knew that they would not use the save on Burnell; because they know they are going to have to save one of the girls next week.

Edited by Tasya, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:12 PM.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Well I found that to be a very predictable result right down to not wasting the save on a guy.

Jimmy's recaps remain the best thing on this show for me even if I like Janelle more and Amber less than than him. He pretty much nails it. " I felt like I was at a wedding, but if I was at that wedding and they were singing, I'd cancel the wedding."

pigeon

pigeon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Bwahahah Lazaro is top 3? God bless America.

Carrie looked great but sounded pretty bad, and the song sucked.

Queena

Queena

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

Why am I watching this show? I'm not going to lie, I cried for poor Burnell.

Everyone but Candace should've left after they murdered Queen.

Lazaro. That is all. Just Lazaro.

When Candace leaves, I'm gone. I feel the pimping of Amber, Kree, and Angie now. I like Janelle better than Kree or Angie. Kree bores me to tears. Honestly, Amber and Angie aren't balls of excitement either.

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

And I would love to know what was in the gift bags Casey gave the contestants. That was really cute.

I was disappointed when they cut to commercial as Casey was handing out the gift bags.

So will they be forced to use the save on Lazaro next week if he's the lowest vote-getter to add on a week to the schedule?

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

I also find it hilarious that Lazaro knows the words to BURNELL'S songs.

IKR?! Bwahahahaha! Laz, Last Man Standing!

Carrie and Casey were total MEHS.

Laz will not be in the B3 next week, but in ANY case, the show does not need the Save to be on schedule.

I knew that they would not use the save on Burnell; because they know they are going to have to save one of the girls next week.(bolding and italics mine.)

Exactly. NOT Lazaro.

Edited by LennieB, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:19 PM.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

Lazaro's fanbase is formidable, and tonight's results put the lie firmly to last week's fakery

Not necessarily. He could have been really in the bottom two last week, and coupled with a mediocre performance last night, caused his fans to rally. It has happened before - fans rallying for their fave who was in danger the prior week.

Amber in the bottom 3. No kidding, she has no fans. The amount of pimping she gets is crazy, should of known better than Jimmy wouldn't call her out for singing a ballad.

She's beginning to be like Daughtry with all the pimping. Or Joshua Ledet last season with the endless standing Os. Which probably means she won't be winning this.

Angie may end up winning this thing after all.

" I felt like I was at a wedding, but if I was at that wedding and they were singing, I'd cancel the wedding."

I still feel it's not an even field when Jimmy gets to critique a full day after the performance show while the judges do it right after the performance, but I really wish he's on the judges' chair instead. I love his Jimmy-isms. Reminds me of Simon-isms until the end when Simon got bored and he lost all creativity and wit with it.

Edited by slowpoked, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:20 PM.

kems28

kems28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

Lazaro is so winning this. The producer tried to stack the decks to ensure they'd have a female winner, but Lazaro is going to crush their dreams.

I'm honestly hoping for this at this point. Their machinations make me so crazy, I'd love to see it blow up in their face.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

Carrie Underwood didn't impress me; not quite a good enough song to sing on TV. Something about her singing doesn't ring well for me.

For me it's the shrill nasality of her voice. Never liked her and her finger-flapping shrieking and non-country shitty songs. I don't care how many "awards" she wins. The Angelino Jolie Leg was pretty funny, though.

Lazaro for the win! bwahahahaha!!

Sparkling Beth

Sparkling Beth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

If that happens, Lee DeWyze should send Lazaro a big ol' thank-you card. Does Hallmark make one that says, "Thanks for taking my spot as the lowest-selling Idol winner"?

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:20 PM

Lazaro is a donkey in a race full of thoroughbreds. I threw up in my mouth when they announced him in the top three. Instead of save, I think the panel should have the right to revoke the votes of a performer who is deemed weak and subpar in talent. Lazaro's story is compelling but from a music standpoint he doesn't have the vocal chops, the range or stage presence. All I see is him having a career singing on some cruise ship. As of right now, Lazaro has the teen girl vote locked up and it's a massive voting bloc.

Poor Burnell, he didn't stand a chance once the other guys were let go. I agree that Kree is sucking a lot of the country votes away from Janelle.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:22 PM

Just like last year's Save, I feel like this year's Save is gonna be staged. They're gonna put one of their favorite girls in the Bottom 2/3 and then save her instantly. I'd laugh if they use it before one of them starts singing.

The reason I think Jessica's Save last year was stage, is due to the fact that there's absolutely no way she could have been close to the Bottom 3. As much as I loved Hollie and despised Jessica's performances (after the Top 13), I can't believe that Jessica was under Hollie's rank.

They'll easily put Amber in the Bottom 3 again next week, reveal she's Eliminated, and then the judges will save her.

Just like last year, they can easily do what they did after the Save: no double eliminated. One person goes the following week instead. Then the finale will be on track.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

but in ANY case, the show does not need the Save to be on schedule.

How do you figure? Without the save,

Tonight - 6 left
April 11th - 5 left
April 18th - 4 left
April 25th - 3 left
May 2nd - 2 left
May 9th - Winner announced.
May 16th - Finale date according to FOX.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

Pretty shocked that Janelle was bottom 2. I'm guessing Kree is killing the country vote.

Lazaro Top 3. LOLz.

Kree's been announced safe first every single time. That can't be random. Once again Jimmy thinks she's perfect.

Candace had an epic bitch face going for about 20 minutes. It's bull that Laz was Top 3 over her, but you can't show the world that.

So what happens if Lazaro gets the lowest votes next week? They have to use the save or they're short a week unless they pull some BS and have a non-elimination week when Amber goes.

When they use the Save, they normally eliminate 2 the next week; so if they still eliminate 2 the week after the Save gets used, they won't/shouldn't be short a week even if they don't use it next week. But I'm pretty sure the Save has to be used next week or the week after, because I don't think it can be used after Top 5 Week. And unless Amber goes between 4th & the Finals (or 5th if the Save is used next week), they shouldn't have to "pull" anything to keep her in if that's what they want.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

I have to share this because it amused me and you might find it funny too (Travis Beckum is a tight end for the NY Giants).

@TravisBeckum47: Even North Korea feels that Lazaro shouldn't have been in the top 3

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

The reason I think Jessica's Save last year was stage, is due to the fact that there's absolutely no way she could have been close to the Bottom 3. As much as I loved Hollie and despised Jessica's performances (after the Top 13), I can't believe that Jessica was under Hollie's rank.

I can believe it. The save happened after Jessica performed Sttutering - one of her subtler, nuanced and IMO beautiful performances but lacked the bombast and spectacle that the audience usually saw from her. Plus, her fans must have thought she's always safe till the finale anyway, so they used their time to vote for others instead. Probably the same thing that happened with Daughtry - fans thought he's surely safe, so they voted for someone else.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:29 PM

When they use the Save, they normally eliminate 2 the next week

Last year they only eliminated one the week after Jessica was saved, I would just assume it'll be the same this year.

Grasonville

Grasonville

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

They showed the wrong "family/friends" before they saved the country girl. Lazzaro in top three? Who is voting - does Cuba/Miami have THAT many tone deaf people?
Interesting that when mouthing the words to Burnell's song - even without actually singing - there was NO stutter.

What a joke this season is.

Sparkling Beth

Sparkling Beth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

Tonight - 6 left
April 11th - 5 left
April 18th - 4 left
April 25th - 3 left
May 2nd - 2 left

I'm confused. Traditionally, when the save is used, two people are eliminated the next week. So then the schedule would go like this:

Tonight - 6 left
April 11th - 5 left, save is used.
April 18th - 5 left
April 25th - Two go home because of the save, 3 left
May 2nd - 2 left

So it still doesn't work. Maybe they're not going to follow the same pattern of letting two people go the next week? It seems as if we discussed this last year, and someone explained how it worked, but I can't remember.

ETA: Oh, I see that CK17 says they didn't use the double elimination last year. Sure makes it look shady, doesn't it, when they've already figured the save into the schedule. I actually hate the save. Right or wrong, it's supposed to be America's choice, and it didn't hurt Jennifer Hudson or Daughtry to be eliminated early.

Edited by Sparkling Beth, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:33 PM.

cocopuffy

cocopuffy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:31 PM

I don't know if Candice had the bitch face because she wasn't top 3 or if it was because Burnell damn near knocked her off the set when she was announced as safe. She seemed more worried than anything but when Burnell pushed her in his excitement she looked PISSED. I think it was more like he hurt her because she was crying real tears for him at the end of the show.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

Tonight - 6 left
April 11th - 5 left
April 18th - 4 left
April 25th - 3 left
May 2nd - 2 left

According to your schedule, at least the way you worded things, the winner is being announced the week before the Finale. I don't think that'll work since, as far back as I can remember, the winner has been announced *on* the Finale.

As for there being 1 elimination after last season's Save was used, wasn't that because the Producers eliminated Jermaine unexpectedly in the 1st couple of weeks for the "legal issues you failed to disclose that aren't acceptable for a contestant to have" excuse?

Edited by BW Manilowe, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:57 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

"Somebody to Love" was as bad a group sing as any in AI histoire.

heh heh east-WAHR indeed.

Amber totally missed her cue and we could see/hear her harmonizing barely registering.

Well, she won't be needing to make excuses because the flub will never be mentioned.

Buh bye, Burnelle-b.

Said in David Spade's best, flight attendant, SNL voice. :)

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

• Interests:Facebook: Jaclyn Holland-Strauss
    Twitter: JaclynHStrauss or Flirtycatherine
    My website is for those who are interested in blogs on pop culture, religion, philosophy, health, humour, politics, etc. I have polls, information on the Illuminati, tv shows, etc. I also have tips on how to improve your writing, along with tips for how to do better in school. There are also samples of my own writing.I hope you enjoy!

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Ryan said the Top 3 was in no particular order so presumably Lazaro could be the top vote-getter for all we know. I saw one moment tonight when they were recapping last night when Lazaro was clearly touching himself. The boy is hung like a horse. I couldn't think of a nicer way of putting that. Oh, he is well endowed. Very, very well endowed.