26-8: "Blindside Time" 2013.04.03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

204 replies to this topic

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:58 PM

OMG, old school Survivor, that's what I'm talking about! Where has that challenge been all these years. And how about Cochran the maniac and that take-down of Goliath Malcolm, that was fricking amazing! Also, I had forgotten he used to be a fan once, the show's biggest fan, it showed in that win, in how he enjoyed being laureled by Jeff and in his hilarious take on Phil last week. The only thing that could have made this episode perfect, was if Corinne was eliminated, oh wait, hee hee. Oh and she doesn't even make it to the jury at Ponderosa.

Edited by dizzyd, Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:58 PM.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:59 PM

This is the episode I've been waiting for. Fantastic.

Shocker

Shocker

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

Cochran, the fact that you could eat all that gross food DOES NOT make you a stud muffin to the female population! However, it does make me forget a little more of your weird behavior during your season. Congrats! (said from afar)

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

Woo hoo! Nothing like a great blindside. Awesome watching the smug smirk fall off her face. Almost as good as the Edgardo vote.

Edited by Haleth, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:57 PM.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

Oh, my. Poor Corinne....not. She made a big move and she failed; that's something so expected, it's almost unexpected. Also, it's sort of weirdly right Cochran won immunity the way he did. He's probably been preparing for it for years.

bankerchick

bankerchick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

Corinne got cocky and went from tentatively thinking Brenda would be with them to confidently assuming that Dawn would also follow, and it was Dawn who ultimately took her out. I was enjoying Corinne this season and would have gladly voted out Sandy, but Malcom's stinkeye was worth it.

Edited by bankerchick, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:08 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

Best two moments: Corrine tapping her wrist and saying "It's time for a blindside" and the look on her face as her votes were read. I stood up and clapped.

Eddie, dear, please get over yourself. Girls probably won't want to go out with you because you are so full of yourself, not that you ate something gross in the jungle.

YAY Cochran!! Loved seeing how happy he was to win immunity. And considering Reynold didn't even make it to another round was like icing on the cake for me.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

I loved that Cochran *slayed* that challenge! Did he even chew or just swallow nearly whole? I watched through splayed fingers.. ewwwwww!

I missed why Corrine thought targeting Sherri was this big shocking blindside? Not sorry to have Corrine gone, but would've preferred a pink panties blind side instead.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

Gah, I hate when people I can't stand are smug, I find it so incredibly unattractive and annoying.

And honestly, there is no possible way you can do an interview where you say "It's time for a blindside" and not get blindsided that night. That cameraman definitely got a Christmas bonus.

I didn't particulary like Corinne, but I HAAAAAATTTTTEEEEE Phillip so much I never ever ever want him to get his way and he seriously needs to stop invoking BR. It's gross and stupid. I also am not very particular to Andrea and Dawn.

Erik, you're cute and all, but stop it. Your thinking makes MY head hurt.

I can't help it, I still adore Malcolm and don't want him to be on the bad side of anything. I hope he can turn this around. But hot damn Reynold and Eddy are on the bottom no matter what they do, THAT'S actually pretty funny even if I have a self-loathing soft spot for them.

Phillip voting Corinne off because she's selfish makes me want to throat punch him too.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

I'm not rooting against anyone really. Besides Philip. And sure, he had a "victory", I don't care. The game's shifted. Hell, I wouldn't mind if it shifted again next week.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

Mixed emotions here. On the one hand, Corrine getting blindsided was awesome. She's a bitch, she deserves to get kicked in the crotch by Sugar, and she probably fantasized about building a giant cage for Michael, complete with treadmill, water bottle, and torn-up newspaper. On the other hand . . . Phillip is still in the game.

Why? Look, I know about goats. I know that having him in Day 39 gives the other two finalists a better shot at the $1 million. But I feel that nobody is thinking long-term. Wouldn't fans not want him around? Wouldn't they have seen Redemption Island, raising ten kinds of shit and giving Rob money he didn't work for? If he gets booted instead of Corrine, he's out . . . no shot at Day 39 and no jury for him. Even if he gets his in the next episode, he'll be on the jury. Working on his bitchface. Wearing elaborate headdresses. And when Day 39 comes around, he will give a "My Question Is You Suck" speech so self-serving, Rupert Boneham would blush out of jealousy. Bottom line: anything that gives Phillip joy in this game isn't good, and he's probably ecstatic at seeing Corrine gone.

Biggest bright side: Cochran rocking the Immunity Challenge. With four alpha males in the game, I'm thinking Probst wanted this old favorite out of mothballs to see who would eat gross stuff the fastest. Cochran's win was well-deserved, and I'm actually happy for him. I hope he wins, but I think Probst would break his kneecap before any of his faves -- Eddy, Reynold, Malcolm, Erik -- are threatened. Seriously, is there anyone else worth rooting for? Only down side is that Cochran is a man, and he insists on going by his last name . . . meaning Probst would give him more than five minutes at the Reunion should he win. Makes you want Dawn to win just to spite Probst.

Edited by Lantern7, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:26 PM.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music, yoga, cuisine

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

Now THAT is the old-school Survivor that I love! Gross food, blindsides, yeah! I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see how it played out, although I was pretty sure Erik would follow the lead of the cute blond. Dawn and Cochran are smart strategically this season. And I am sure that Cochran has been preparing mentally for the gross food challenge for years.

Moose73

Moose73

Channel Surfer

Woo boo! Nothing like a great blindside. Awesome watching the smug smirk fall off her face. Almost as good as the Edgardo vote.

The Edgardo vote was the first thing I thought of too - the facial expressions from both sides were priceless.

I was a little torn this episode - I don't like Philip but I like the rest of the people aligned with him (Cochran, Dawn, Brenda, Andrea). I don't really like Corinne either, but I would take her over Philip any day. However, she aligned herself with the arrogant douchbags who I really don't want to go too deep into the game. In the end I was amused enough by the blindside reactions that I guess it's ok that I have to put up with Philip for a while longer.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Was anyone surprised by how the votes were arranged?

I was at first, but it makes sense if they were trying to go for Corrine being utterly shocked.

sienna gold

sienna gold

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

That was a kind of episode I was waiting for. It was awesome. And also: gross food! I called the Balut. But I'm surprised they didn't bring the fish that smelled like a toilet, and went with something lame like pig brain.

I wonder if Brenda has gone mute. She's all about the facial expressions, and grinning and everything, but I've barely/rarely ever heard her speak. But the best thing out of this entire episode: Corrine is not on the Jury.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Damn, talk about talking yourself right out of the game. Brilliant job Corinne. She could have floated the idea of voting Philip out next to Dawn without giving away that she clearly had numbers and Dawn would not have been suspicious because Dawn and company knew how Corinne and Philip felt about each other. Hell, Corinne had already floated the idea of getting rid of Philip before. But instead, before a vote even happens, she basically says flat out that she's aligned with Reynold and Eddie. What an idiot.

I did enjoy seeing the smile deflate from Reynold's face because I can't stand him and Eddie continues to be an idiot. I doubt his flirting next week with Andrea is actual strategy on his part because he's too stupid to have any strategy. It's just "blonde, pretty girl - must flirt with her because I'm so hot"...yeah. I still adore Malcolm and honestly thought he had sound and reasonable plan.

He's right that he has been passive and that he was at the bottom of the Favorites alliance because they didn't know him and Philip/Andrea played together, Cochran/Dawn played together. Erik is a wildcard and who knows what the hell is going on with Brenda (seriously, what is going on with her). So I thought it was smart that he was planning a way to put himself in a power position and really, were it not for Corinne's mouth and cockiness, it would have worked.

But again, much as I love Malcolm, I do want Eddie and Reynold gone. I also kind of want Sherri gone too. Really the only Fan I'd like to stick around is Michael, who speaking of, I'm glad Corinne's gone so I no longer have to hear her referring to him as "her gay".

Edited by dancingonmyown, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:08 PM.

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

That was more like it. Real Survivor. And yet. The bro alliance takes a hit, Cochran lives the dream, Erik gets to talk, Corinne is obnoxious and goes home...so why am I not ecstatic? I guess because I can't stand tattle-tale Dawn? I don't want Phillip around forever? I still don't like Cochran very much? And why couldn't it have been Reynold instead of Corinne?

It's obvious that Brenda and Erik (despite his swing-vote position this episode) aren't winning anything, and Malcolm and Andrea are partnered with people I can't stand, so I just don't have anyone to root for. I'm weirdly bummed--weirdly because this was a good episode, mostly well-edited except for of course not letting Brenda speak ever (seriously, fuck you, editors). Maybe I'm just in a mood.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Was anyone surprised by how the votes were arranged?

I was at first, but it makes sense if they were trying to go for Corrine being utterly shocked.

No, I think once Probst counted them, he did it that way on purpose. Just to watch her melt into a puddle.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

I am not really a fan of Corinne—it's hard to root for somebody so awful—but I can appreciate her delusions of grandeur. I mean, you're going to approach Dawn, who probably cries when she steps on dandelions? You deserve to go home.

I just can't at Cochran. You game in eighth on your season, lest ye forget, before you judge who is and isn't a worthy player.

I am perfectly fine with underedited (and by that I mean female) winners like Denise and Sophie instead of the over the top Phillip and gamebot Cochran.

Edited by OwlsGo, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:12 PM.

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

That was fantastic. Now I am really interested in this season!

And congrats to Cochran for winning the immunity challenge. He did a terrific job: I never saw him gag once time.

Plus, Cochran he is just hilarious, and yes he has really learned from his past mistakes, I think. To me, he is playing a very strategic game, and now he even won an IIC!

Great episode.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

Erik goes for the cute young girl's plan that is objectively pretty dumb for him? Gasp!

I pretty much thought everyone was dumb this week except for Andrea, Malcolm, and Dawn. Malcolm just misread Erik, but he's such an empty vessel that he's super hard to read. Dawn worked to preserve her final four, which is a good move. Andrea did that and seems like the only person besides Malcolm who has an accurate read on all of these people. Well, and Brenda wasn't dumb, because we didn't get to hear her think, which is pretty bizarre considering she's a hugely important vote we have NO information about this season. Could we get a Brenda confessional?

Eddie and Reynold were just dumb in traditional Eddie/Reynold ways. Phillip was his usual obnoxious bully self. Erik is screwed in this seven, as the most athletic dude he's the obvious target at 7 for the power four and likeable enough to win over people who actually manipulated others to get to F3 so not worth keeping around to use to seize power at 5. Sherri is just a pawn and acted out of self-preservation, so no points for her. Michael same thing but it didn't work out for him. I think in a normal season he would have been good, kind of like I thought Andrea would be in a normal season. He can come back when they insist on doing this again.

Cochran was dumb (and to be fair, I guess the rest of the Andrea-Phillip-Dawn group was as well, but he got to say it) in that "Corinne hates one our core four, and is advocating a really, really stupid vote. Well, nothing going on there! Let's just do it!" Idiot. Kudos for eating gross stuff, though I get the feeling he was the kind of kid who did that kind of thing on a bet in high school to endear himself to the cool kids and/or his equally weird friends.

And Corinne's read was terrible. Dawn? Really? There is a zero percent chance she hasn't mentioned what she thought was her major error in her previous season at some point in the 20 days you've played this together or all the time on the Survivor circuit since she played. I'd assume Brenda is the right call. Or you go for Sherri and try to vote out Phillip first. And she was basically transparent about things at tribal. Dumb dumb dumb and she deserved to go home because of it.

EDIT: Not to mention, she should have LOVED the vote split, because then she doesn't need a seventh. So fucking stupid.

Edited by enlightenedbum, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:22 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

I guess because I can't stand tattle-tale Dawn?

But I understand why she is doing what she's doing. She herself said the first time around she didn't say anything, she remained passive, and that was the end for her. She is playing a better game this time by getting rid of people she sees as a threat. If Corrine had managed to pull this off, suddenly Corrine and the pretty boys would have the upper hand. Bad news for her, Cochran and anyone else who got in Corrine's way.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Cochran rocks bugs & shit! Cochran FTW!!

T o b y

T o b y

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:15 PM

As much as I don't like Corrine, her running her mouth off puts Malcolm in a bad spot. And even though it was obvious she was going home, I really wanted Sherri out. Tonight felt like a point where a so-far boring season could have taken a turn for the exciting. Sherri out tonight, Philip blindsided next week. That would have been epic. Corrine's exit, while a pleasure to see, keeps the season on the same track it has been on thus far. And that kind of bums me out. The fans will be eliminated, maybe Philip will get tossed in another blindside, and the favorites ride happily and easily into the finals.

Malcolm, you had a really good idea, but Corrine basically ruined it for you.

Never liked Dawn. Still don't. Anybody but her or Sherri at this point.

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

I missed why Corrine thought targeting Sherri was this big shocking blindside? Not sorry to have Corrine gone, but would've preferred a pink panties blind side instead.

She wasn't talking about the Sherri vote. She was talking about the next vote, if they did get rid of Sherri and she, Malcolm and company would have the numbers to blindside Philip.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Oh also: quality facial expressions at the immunity challenge. Brenda is probably the winner, though I also enjoyed Andrea and the flashback to her and the chocolate cake. That girl gets food all over her face, apparently.

IEatCarbs

IEatCarbs

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I guess Reynold and Eddie hate Sherri too much for this, but it seems to me that it would have made sense for them to bring her in as their alliance's 7th. Then the fans would have had a 4-3 numbers advantage within their alliance.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

Great episode. I don't usually enjoy the gross food challenges, but this one had many laugh-out-loud moments.

My favourite had to be Eddie moaning, "The first thing I ate was beak!" My second was Andrea's face after the worm-eating, going from happy to sad in about 1 second.

(I could never have eaten ANY of those things, but the worms were the absolute worst. Except for the grubs, which as Malcolm noted, were literally crawling off their plates.)

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

Erik goes for the cute young girl's plan that is objectively pretty dumb for him?

Maybe if someone had actually told Erik what was going on he would have made a different move. Both sides just told him a name, and both sides had to know that he was a key vote. That's incredibly stupid. Persuade him with a reason. It could have gone either way tonight because both sides were too dumb to talk to Erik.

But I understand why she is doing what she's doing.

It's not that I don't understand. I just don't like her. Unfair of me, I just can't help it.

Edited by KimberStormer, Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:24 PM.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:31 PM

Awesome episode.