16-6: 2013.04.02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

151 replies to this topic

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sewing, reading, yoga, performing arts, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:26 AM

Results!

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Yay Ameriker! Buh bye, statue!

I can't believe I am gonna type this, but: The Macy's backwards/forwards FX was fantastic. The grace we saw is just what I keep hoping to see from the couples.

Edited by trojan69, Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:02 PM.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Oh, look. The lowest scorer went home.

That's a nice change of pace, especially from last season.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Aw, Wynonna and Tony. I was hoping it'd be Lisa.

Oh man, the male pros were getting vicious during the debate about whether female or male stars had it harder. I was cackling at how bitter they sounded. They were half a second away from going on a rant about horrific, demented lines.

Kellie and Derek are so blond it's painful. It should not take that long to add 8 + 9 + 8.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

Still LOVING the dancing out to commercials thing - whoever came up with that innovation rocks!

GreekGeek

GreekGeek

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

I'm always happy to see an overweight woman prove to be a good dancer; I rooted for Kirstie Alley and Melissa Janet Winokur all the way. But I wasn't sad to see Wynona get the axe. She was a terrible dancer and she wasn't even any fun to watch.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

Sean got the encore? Gonna go to his head even if the only reason he got it was so that Bruno could strut.

And, he wore sneakers this time instead of dance shoes. Didn't help.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

I'm in shock in a good way. I thought Wynonna would have the country fans keeping her in longer than warranted. Would have been fine with Lisa going, but glad Andy got the reprieve. Tony looked so bummed.

Ugh, next week will be story week. Not sure I'm looking forward to that. Though did he say best year of your life? Or just memorable. I can't deal with a night of sob stories.

Please no more twitter voting next week. Please!

Mark had such a bitch face going on in the sky box at the beginning of the show when they were doing the prom king and queen crap. It was kind of humorous.

Didn't like that they told Jacoby and Zendaya they were safe when their partners weren't even around. Considering all the work the pros do, Val & Karina should have been there for that announcement.

Edited by spanana, Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:12 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Omg, am I a colossal dufus who can't see that Sean is good? What am I missing ?

I don't follow Wy's twitter, did she ask her massive fandom to let her go home?

Grasonville

Grasonville

Couch Potato

I have been a Huey Lewis fan for thirty years - you and the News still have it - heard you on NPR as well - very witty - great song - great sound - however Groucho Marx called - he wants his eyebrows back. (Before the tour - tone them down a bit)

So glad the worst was gone - love her music - no idea why a music person can't move her feet - a mystery for the ages.

Andy - step up your effort - leave the drama behind - I think you can go further than expected.

MadameL

MadameL

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

I felt certain Andy and Sharna were gone the moment Lisa & Gleb were called safe. I am really shocked at this outcome, but happy because I'd much sooner watch Andy & Sharna dance than Wynonna & Tony. W & T seemed to get along really well and I think she genuinely liked and valued his teaching and support, but she did not seem to be enjoying dancing at all. So this is best, definitely. But I hope it's not Andy next week.

I still think the judges were way harsh to DL and I don't blame him for the way he feels at all. Tonight it was like they were rubbing salt in the wound.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

So glad DL is still there. The cruelty is not appealing. And it's puzzling.

Glad for Andy's stay too.

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Yay, Victor and Lindsay! I am so happy and relieved they are safe. I was worried for a moment. When I was watching the dance recap, I was even more impressed with how Victor danced. Tonight, he also seem a lot calmer than he was last week--like he was having more fun. And Victor do talk a lot! I mean you know in boxing you argue with the refs sometimes. This is where Victor is probably getting it from,but Lindsay is correct. Victor just need to be quiet and smile. He has got a great smile and need to continue to show it.

I was also worried about Andy! I do not know him so much, but he seem like a nice enough guy. And he seem to be having fun. He look like he was about to cry when he was waiting for the final decision.

I am sorry Wy and Tony did not make it. Wy she just did not seem like she was having any fun at all. And she was not a very good dancer. Maybe her nerves get the better of her?

Finally, I still Len was very rude to DL. I do think DL could probably out smart-ass him! Maybe he will get his chance?

Oh, I also like very much the Macy Stars of Dance. I thought it was really fun to watch.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

That's funny -- Sean actually thought the encore was because of his stellar dancing. The white keds really added to the overall masculine look, didn't it? Good on Bruno for having a little fun.

Speaking of masculine -- oh my, Tony looked pretty good in the man dance. That's how he could dance all the time, if he wanted to overcompensate for his partner. Coincidentally, Derek and Mark looked like little boys pretending next to him.

What is with DL and the judges? I was fully expecting them to apologize for going too harsh on him. And why do TPTB follow DL out to the parking lot WAy post show?

A little happy that whole troupe dances did not feature excessive Witney mugging. Honey, it's not about you, it's about the guest star. Every single time.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

I was all set to groan about Sean getting the encore until Bruno popped up.

Gah, I guess tonight was male aggression night. Alongside the hilarious male pro dance/fight thing (and I guess Derek and Tony were "settling their differences" after last seasons finals, lol) Len was downright nasty by faking out D.L and pretending that he was too harsh with his criticisms only to finish with "I actually thought I was generous." What gives, Len?
Also

Oh man, the male pros were getting vicious during the debate about whether female or male stars had it harder. I was cackling at how bitter they sounded. They were half a second away from going on a rant about horrific, demented lines.

Right? I totally thought Derek was going to launch into another rant. He had the same smug smile and tone of voice. "Don't tell me the male celebrities have the advantage."Or maybe he was just cranky with all those statistics being thrown at him. Math is hard, yo.

Also interesting that for that segment only the longtime pros (and Val) were interviewed.

I thought with Dorothy withdrawn from the competition, Tristan was doomed to be banished forever from the ballroom, never to set foot there again?

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

Well Wynonna went home much earlier than I thought. Wow DL must definitely have some fans to stay out of jeopardy for the last two weeks.

Juliannah

Juliannah

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

I'm very glad DL stayed in the game another week. And Andy! I want to see more of him and Sharna. I look forward to them each week.

I found so much to fault in Wynonna, but it's not fun to see someone leave that truly hoped being on the show would be a good life experience for her. I believe she really felt that way and did this show to overcome fear and to improve her spirit. But someone has to go each week, and she just didn't dance well enough to continue on. But I was sad for her. I wish her well. She has certainly been tested with the series of events she has had to deal with lately and I hope she took away what she hoped she would. I love Tony and will certainly miss him.

Edited by Juliannah, Apr 3, 2013 @ 12:38 PM.

culturevulture73

culturevulture73

Fanatic

What is with DL and the judges? I was fully expecting them to apologize for going too harsh on him.

They did the same to Steve Wozniak, and to Carson, as I recall. I don't know why they get their collective bees in their bonnets about someone who isn't worse than, say, Mr. Bachelor. I finally sat through his dance to see Bruno and Mr. Bachelor is awful. He was worse than the band butchering "YMCA," which is pretty bad. Bruno was great fun, however.

Loved the guys dancing although it should have been to "Beat It"... More guys dancing, please!

Glad Wy went home, she did not look like she was having a moment of fun.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Not sure I've ever seen footage of the camera person following folks out into the parking lot post-show. WTH? Were they hoping to get a rant out of DL? Sheesh, Show.

DL's not a trained dancer. He's there to learn. The man is 50 years old, give or take, and does not over complain about his age and/or ailments that I can recall. According to Cheryl, he's putting in the hours and the effort. He's shown improvement. For me, that's what the show is about.

Edited by ari333, Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:33 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:30 PM

I was glad to see Lisa safe. I think she has more potential than Wy or Andy has so I was glad her fans came out for her. Happily surprised Wynonna went. I thought we'd be saddled with that forever.

Loved the debate on which celebs have it easier. IMO, it's 100% the men who have it easier. Yes, they are supposed to lead, but they rarely do; they are mostly backled by their female pros, where as the female celebs have to do all the fancy stuff. I'm so glad Derek mentioned the backled thing, because it's been talked about forever. Edyta, Julianne, and Cheryl have been doing it a lot.

Hopefully next week's "best year of your life" theme won't turn into the night of 1000 Rumbas.

aps817

aps817

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:40 PM

Hopefully next week's "best year of your life" theme won't turn into the night of 1000 Rumbas.

GAH! I HATE "Share an emotional story and dance a Rumba" week!

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

Even Tom seemed surprised by Len not backtracking a bit on the aggressive criticism of DL. I see no problem in scoring him low or telling him he needs to improve, but the jokes, wisecracks, and ridicule seem in poor taste. Come on Len, don't overdo it on the tough judge shtick.

I loved the result though. I always want the person who is having the least fun to go home. It makes for better viewing when I feel like everyone still wants to be there.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:43 PM

I hate, "share an emotional story," period.

itsabrandnewday

itsabrandnewday

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:48 PM

I love that Len felt he was generous to DL when old man can't even YMCA right. They showed footage from last night and he went the wrong direction with his "C."

I can't believe they did that to DL. Are they pushing him to snap? The producers and judges are absolutely out of line. Be constructive in our criticism and use some tact.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:51 PM

Omg, am I a colossal dufus who can't see that Sean is good? What am I missing ?

I don't follow Wy's twitter, did she ask her massive fandom to let her go home?

I do follow her Twitter, because I like a lot of her music not because she was doing this season of DWTS, & I have been since before she was announced as a participant. I can say that she did *not* ask her fans to vote her out. When she Tweeted after the performances/last week's results, she Tweeted stuff like it was hard, maybe the hardest thing she'd ever done/ever would do, & it is hard to hear the judges' critiques, but she was determined to learn something from it & hopefully do it well; how blessed she felt to be paired with Tony because he was a saint & also because he was a championship-caliber pro. She basically seemed to feel blessed to be there, regardless of how it went/ended up. Before they went to LA, while they were rehearsing at her home (she converted her home gym into a practice studio), she also Tweeted something I loved & which she, I think, was trying to keep in mind as this went along. This is a paraphrase, as I forget the exact wording unfortunately. She said Tony told her that he'd rather have her give it 100% & make mistakes anyway than give it less than her all & also screw up because of that. I think that she did the former, but it obviously wasn't good enough to keep her in anyway; I'm honestly sad about that, as I was rooting for her.

CaliBabyDolly

CaliBabyDolly

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

I think the nasty comments to DL are punishment for the Italian and English comment from DL 2 wks ago. But 2 wrongs don't make a right! DL was almost in tears last night and that is bad for a comic, especially a seemingly tough guy of his age.

itsabrandnewday

itsabrandnewday

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:01 PM

I took DL's English and Italian comment as a joke almost. Like he'd adopt an English accent for a routine and critique himself. I didn't think it was overly rude. Maybe he didn't need to pull the race card but every comic does.

When you have someone with zero dance training who is learning, you don't expect they will pick it up immediately. The judges don't see any improvement with him at all? Really? Even Andy can get some positive comments. Andy isn't technically that much better than DL. I say shenanigans. If Len is pissed about the English judge comment then he needs to go but himself a pair of big boy pants.

dirtydi

dirtydi

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:03 PM

Happy about the outcome. She was not a good dancer and she looked so unhappy and uncomfortable dancing. I was scared for Andy, but I think if he loosens up he will enjoy the process more.
DL is awful, but not more awful than Wynonna was. Len is mean spirited. My grandfather who passed recently stopped watching the show because of him. He would call Len, "a grumpy old f&!k", and my grandfather had over 10 years on him.

Lisa needs to go next week too, although I like Gleb and he seems to really want to stay. I like getting the new pros, they don't seem as jaded or entitled and they just want more time to show off their skills, get exposure, and earn some money.

And Bruno with his open shirt was goofy. Stay at the judges table!

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

I do follow her Twitter, because I like a lot of her music not because she was doing this season of DWTS, & I have been since before she was announced as a participant. I can say that she did *not* ask her fans to vote her out. When she Tweeted after the performances/last week's results, she Tweeted stuff like it was hard, maybe the hardest thing she'd ever done/ever would do, & it is hard to hear the judges' critiques, but she was determined to learn something from it & hopefully do it well; how blessed she felt to be paired with Tony because he was a saint & also because he was a championship-caliber pro. She basically seemed to feel blessed to be there, regardless of how it went/ended up. Before they went to LA, while they were rehearsing at her home (she converted her home gym into a practice studio), she also Tweeted something I loved & which she, I think, was trying to keep in mind as this went along. This is a paraphrase, as I forget the exact wording unfortunately. She said Tony told her that he'd rather have her give it 100% & make mistakes anyway than give it less than her all & also screw up because of that. I think that she did the former, but it obviously wasn't good enough to keep her in anyway; I'm honestly sad about that, as I was rooting for her.

I think Wy has a beautiful outlook on life and an equally beautiful spirit. (Her talent as a musician is off the charts imo and goes without saying.) Maybe it was just her time. I was a little stunned that her fanbase did not keep her there beyond, for example, Lisa and/or Sean. As I mentioned, maybe I'm missing something about Lisa and/or Sean.

As of last night, and piling on with tonight's added barbs and douchebaggery regarding DL...

Len Is An Absolute Dick. From now on, for me, LIAAD.

That is all.

Edited by ari333, Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:16 PM.

LoftyHouse

LoftyHouse

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

Loved the debate on which celebs have it easier. IMO, it's 100% the men who have it easier. Yes, they are supposed to lead, but they rarely do; they are mostly backled by their female pros, where as the female celebs have to do all the fancy stuff.

I also thought Val made a great point when he said that when the male celebs come out dressed in funny pants and do a little hip shake, they get complimented and rewarded. When the female celebs do the same thing, they get told that that's not dancing and they need to step it up.