16-5: 2013.04.01

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

126 replies to this topic

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sewing, reading, yoga, performing arts, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

Couple of reminders:

No list posts. Keep the conversation flowing. If everyone (or even a few people) start out the thread by posting long "reviews" of their personal take on the episode it hampers the discussion quality of this discussion board. It also makes it rough to slog through 15 posts or 15 days.

All opinions are welcome. You can love or not love anyone who is performing on the show and you are free to talk about that love or not love. This also means you are required to politely witness and absorb the differing opinions of your fellow posters.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Total shenanigans on the Troupe "helping" Sean.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Victor and Lindsay did not deserve eights. He was shaky the entire time and didn't have the footwork down at all.

And how was this different than any other night? It was just them talking about their proms.

Edited by OwlsGo, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:02 PM.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

YMCA isn't good for anything except drunken karaoke.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

Tony looked so awesome like that - I don't find him good-looking usually; apparently he just needed to look like a guy from a hair band. Wynonna was all kinds of stiff and looked like she'd forgotten her steps.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

I am not sure who was more painful to watch, Wynona or DL. I think Lisa will go home though.

I didn't get the point of the theme, dedicating your prom to someone??? huh?

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Please can we have Lisa & Co arrested for animal cruelty? I feel so sorry for that poor dog. I know he's a little bitty lap dog, but even Pomeranians are active dogs given the chance! Free the dog!

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Sure a lot of folks danced to YMCA in the 80s but how many actually dressed up as one of the characters? And I didn't think Sean looked like a construction worker. I thought he was going for farmer when she showed him at the beginning of the show. Also, his overalls were floods.

And which Village person was Peta supposed to be? Drag Queen?

Enjoyed Zendaya, Kellie. Wished Andy was better, but still like him. Still don't like DL.

CaliBabyDolly

CaliBabyDolly

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

Wynona is lucky she has lots of fans because that was terrible. I wish she would go home tomorrow, but that will not happen.

Why does Val put the Disney star in those high heels? If she would wear some normal dancing shoes, she may not look like a newborn colt stumbling on her long legs. She's a good dancer already, so not much room for improvement there. And those dragon-lady nails have got to go!

I liked Victor and the football player the best tonight.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

In our household, there was a general consensus that DL actually looked like he was crying after Bruno and Len's judgements. And Wynonna was certainly worse than DL and yet they were so much less brutal to her.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Well a Kellie, Jacoby and Zendaya finale is looking to become more solid. Jacoby really impressed me tonight with his Rumba, Kellie's jive imo didn't deserve a 9, and Zendaya's V. Waltz was a solid great routine.

Middle of the pack: Aly did another solid performance. I just don't get excited about her performances. It's weird that I look forward to Andy, DL and Wynonna more than her performance lol. Victor's dance surprised me, however I think he's scores were a confident boost for him.

Pair of 21's: Lisa and Sean definitely had their best performances. With that said, they both were stiff and not fluid enough (Lisa) or had enough hip action (Sean). Ingo's Paso Doble was a little too stiff and passive. I love the aggression in the Paso and Ingo didn't do it for me.

Bottom Three: Andy should be lucky that his personality helps him shine. I'm sorry but that cha-cha was a hot mess lol. DL is trying but sadly dancing isn't his thing. Now i'm glad the judges called out Wynonna. Her ass needds to get it together and move!

Couples in Jeopardy tomorrow: DL, Lisa & Ingo (I dunno)

Eliminated: DL

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Kellie is amazing. That is all.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Hey, isn't Twitter cool? I just love Twitter! I just want to tweet tweet tweet. Twitter is so fun! Twitter!

I really wish the judges wouldn't lowball the contestants who dance earliest. I feel Ingo and Kym would have gotten an 8 or two if they'd danced later. Kudos to Kym for making that work.

Derek was outdancing Kellie like his last name was Ballas. There were parts were it looked like she was just standing and watching Derek do his thing. Two 8s and a 7 would have been more appropriate, IMO.

Karina is very good at choreographing to minimize the height difference between her and Jacoby.

Edited by sintin, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:19 PM.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

So Kellie had the high score of the night? I call shenanigans. I focused just on her during the dance, and she did a fraction of the moves that Derek did. Talk about egregious overdancing to compensate for a partner! I wanted more jive moves -- he did them, she barely did any. Definitely not 9-worthy. Eights, at best.

I am very happy they finally scored Wynona appropriately. She was barely an animate object out there. There's careful, and she was more than that. She and DL had the same dance. While both were lackluster, hers was far worse.

Most impressed with Jacoby -- that was really nice! Artisitc, lyrical, musical, whatever you want to call it. And it pains me to say this because as a Patriots fan I want to hate him. If only he weren't so odd in the interview segments. I will say that I find it hard to believe he as 5'7' and 165 as a high school student -- look at him now!

Sean with the assist from the troupe? Was still pretty awful. I think their comments are reflecting his "popularity," in that they can't quite be honest about how awful he really is.

Edited for spelling yet again, dammit!

Edited by msburg, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:30 PM.

vepyewwo

vepyewwo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

If the show really feels like it needs to constantly add things to keep it interesting, I guess I'll take theme weeks over the random dance styles of All Stars. Unfortunately on this show, 'theme' never means anything more than some stupid costumes and pointless props. The whole prom set up really added nothing for me, especially with some couples doing Paso and Cha Cha this week - a few more standard dances would have fitted better IMO.

Zendaya the best again for me. A very charming dance and the song worked surprisingly well for a Viennese Waltz. Agree with Len though, very few of the pros ever put in enough steps in hold in VW, but that is not a new thing. Kellie was good too but not as good as Z + V's jive last week. The choreography felt a bit stale to me, I felt like I had seen it all before from Derek, not one of his better efforts.

Funny how for Brooke, 'Prom Week' translated as ugly 80s hairdo!

Edited by vepyewwo, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:17 PM.

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:19 PM

All I know between my family and I, we voted 110 times for Ingo, in honor of General Hospital's 50th Anniversary.

I liked his Paso Doble.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Please can we have Lisa & Co arrested for animal cruelty? I feel so sorry for that poor dog. I know he's a little bitty lap dog, but even Pomeranians are active dogs given the chance! Free the dog!

Thank you! Everyone at Bravo is apparently indifferent (or brain dead when it comes to animals) but ITA. That dog IS abused, imo, swaddled unnecessarily all the time (yes, "skin rash" not withstanding) and can barely stand or walk (I've seen him in person...so so so sad). They give him alcohol on the show and it wouldn't surprise me if he's drugged, too. It is sad and hopefully someone will have the COURAGE to save him.

/rant of dog lover

Dancing-wise, I think Wynonna should go. She has the least joy in it and seems so wooden every week. Lisa and D.L. aren't very good, but at least they try, seem able to remember steps, AND look like they're having fun. If Wy is supposed to be like Kirstie, she needs to get a sense of rhythm AND a sense of humor.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I wanted moer jive moves -- he did them, she barely did any. Definitely not 9-worthy. Eights, at best.

On the plus side, at least Derek choreographed an actual jive this time!

Zendaya is great, and she is freakin' gorgeous. It is so unfair that she doesn't have to go through an awkward adolescent phase like everyone else. Er, not that I'm bitter or anything.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Oh, Jesus, free the poor dog.

In our household, there was a general consensus that DL actually looked like he was crying after Bruno and Len's judgements. And Wynonna was certainly worse than DL and yet they were so much less brutal to her.

THIS.
At least DL moves. He's down; he's up. He moves, and he's 50; but he's not super overweight so he doesn't get a pass? Finally tonight Wynonna got a lower score than DL, IIRC. And this from me, a Wy fan. It's just that dammit she does. not. MOVE. Gees. Or just show an inkling, and I do mean inkling, of improvement and I'd be all over supporting her and her journey. Dear God, I loathe that word, journey.

I'm sorry. I'm sick of Bambi and her mugging which is just as bad as Mark and his monkey on crack face.

Loved Kellie and even Derek. The angry wasp face commentary was amusing. Maybe a little too on the nose, but still..

I thought Victor was kind of awesome; but I love his smile, so I'm biased.

Edited by ari333, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:33 PM.

Thadeeeyus

Thadeeeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

So Kellie had the high score of the night? I call shenanigans. I focused just on her during the dance, and she did a fraction of the moves that Derek did. Talk about egregious overdancing to compensate for a partner! I wanted moer jive moves -- he did them, she barely did any. Definitely not 9-worthy. Eights, at best.

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I wonder if the judges' comments were based on the dress rehearsal because they did not fit what Kellie did. Her legs did not move that much. Derek was doing the dancing.

Loved Jacoby. Loved Zendaya.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

I'm kind of thinking Lisa might be on the chopping block as well. While DL and Wynonna were awful, Lisa is just kind of there. Nobody will be trying to save her.

Not that I was paying super close attention to twitter, but I saw most of the males trending at one point or another though I suspect Jacoby will get the extra points. On the female side both Kellie & Zendaya trended pretty consistently. It will probably be Zendaya, but Kellie & Derek fans are giving her a run for her money.

Kellie was really good, but I'm not sure I thought her jive was as amazing as the judges did. I enjoyed it, but at times I felt like it was Derek flinging her around.

Jacoby surprised me and impressed me. He's seeming more and more like a lock for the finals.

Zendaya did well minus a few unsteady moments and I agree that I'm not entirely sure why Val seems insistent on putting her in such high heels. I couldn't tell if she was emotional when in the skybox with Brooke or just pissed at herself that she almost fell at the end. Not that I suspect many here are familiar with her show, but I thought it was cute her tv parents were sitting behind her actual parents.

Edited by spanana, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:28 PM.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

I knew once Derek did the go to slide move the judges would love it. Don't get me wrong I love Kellie but I feel that they got overscored.

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Kellie & Derek's jive was a little light on content. Couldn't figure out where the judges' raves were coming from.

Thought that Zendaya & Val were very good in the VW and wished that more of it had been done in hold. I thought that what they did dance in hold was so pretty! My favorite part of the dance. It almost seemed to me that she may have twisted her ankle or something at the end when her feet got tangled in her skirt. When they were waiting for their scores, it looked as if Val asked her "Are you okay?" (Will have to watch again once it's on YT.)

TheAnglican

TheAnglican

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

Derek and Kellie were indeed overscored. There were several points at which the side by side stuff really exposed his overdancing.

I can't hate Mark as much this season, because Aly is just so goshdarn earnest. But I thought they were overscored too. The comments she made in the rehearsal package about not knowing how to count were telling - and you could see her having trouble with the 6/8 time during their dance. I agree with prior comments that she doesn't have much innate musicality - there were several points in their dance when she looked to be on the verge of losing timing.

Sean is going to be around much longer than he deserves to be, isn't he? There wasn't very much cha cha in that dance.

I split my votes between Victor, Ingo, and Andy.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

People are talking about Kellie getting a 9. Nines? I must have mis-heard because I thought her highest was an 8. What were Kellie's scores, please? Thanks.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

Aly was underscored by CA. She did a beautiful job. Len's April Fools joke was somewhat funny, but not so much because it was Aly. For a girl who has been in front of huge crowds for most of her life, she seems so nervous.

Kellie was overscored, but that was to be expected due to the Derek factor.

I hope that Lisa goes so I don't have to see that poor dog anymore.

Bavct

Bavct

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

I just can't warm up to Zendaya and yeah, it's really fair to constantly go to Twitter for popularity votes when you have a kid on the show who has 2+ million followers, the majority of whom probably spend most of their day on social media.

I thought Ingo and Kym did a great job but until they move them down in the rotation they are always going to be scored poorly.

Mark is looking a little chubby around the middle to me. It amuses me that he seems marginalized to me so far.

I like Kellie, but her jive did not look crisp, clean or fast.

Can they send 2 people home tomorrow? DL and Wynonna please.

Edited by Bavct, Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:45 PM.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

Well, I expected Andy to be pretty awful when it came to Latin and while he was technically, once again he and Sharna were the most enjoyable of the night for me, along with Val & Zendaya. Andy was channeling Urkel more than Jaleel ever did. Dorky male and Hot! Female trope is pretty played out as a theme for routines, but I still wanted to rewind as soon as they were finished.

I can't hate Mark as much this season, because Aly is just so goshdarn earnest. But I thought they were overscored too. The comments she made in the rehearsal package about not knowing how to count were telling - and you could see her having trouble with the 6/8 time during their dance. I agree with prior comments that she doesn't have much innate musicality - there were several points in their dance when she looked to be on the verge of losing timing.

Yeah, Mark seems to sense that Aly isn't quite ready for any of his more ambitious routines. So while they're kind of fading into the woodwork for me, I can appreciate that he's going at a pace that is good for Aly. I'm still hoping that they'll break out of the pack sooner rather than later, though.

I'm sorry. I'm sick of Bambi and her mugging which is just as bad as Mark and his monkey on crack face.

Nothing is as bad as Mark and his guppy faces, save perhaps that troll face Derek debuted in rehearsals tonight. Bless Kellie for pulling his hat over that face.

Brooke can front, but she was totally enjoying the blast from the past

vepyewwo

vepyewwo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

I missed Jacoby and Karina during the show, only just got a chance to catch up with them now. Really impressed with him, probably my fave this week with Zendaya. Performance is never going to be an issue for him - he has bucket loads of confidence - but his technique is also pretty decent. I love that he committed 100% to the rhumba. So many of the male celebs look completely embarrassed and uncomfortable in that dance but he totally went with it.

Karina is doing a great job with the choreograpghy so far too, I have yet to notice the height difference in any of their dances. It will be interesting to see them do a standard dance.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

Why didn't other people get the extra dancers like Sean? He and Peta's pubic bone can't go soon enough for me.