16-4: 2013.03.26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

161 replies to this topic

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sewing, reading, yoga, performing arts, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

Results show.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Didn't see that coming. I wonder who would have gone home though.

Edited by EndoKE, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:03 PM.

Grasonville

Grasonville

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

So I waited an hour for this? Puhleez.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

Sucks about Dorothy, but it's the right decision. It explains why she was so tentative, but boo to losing Tristan.

And not happy at all with DL's comment about not believing that he had to stand there and take criticism from a British guy and an Italian guy. WTF?

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

I'm not surprised Victor was in the B2. I noticed last night how Lindsay didn't even do her own choreography particularly well.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

So I waited an hour for this? Puhleez.

I had the same thought, except instead of "an hour" I was thinking "five hours."

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

I think Tristan may be cursed. *sigh* I hate TPTB, give him someone with no issues, age or health or lack of popularity. Something! Someone! Come on!

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Some very interesting little changes to the results show - glad to see them, I thought most of them worked.

Glad Dorothy chose to leave, but alack and alas, Tristan is wasted again.

Glad Andy was saved - dunno what to make of DL being saved - is that what the show wants or not?

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

I can't say I'm that surprised. Disappointing, but I thought it was classy of Dorothy to take herself out if she couldn't continue and let the others get and extra week. Poor Tristan. That guy deserves a medal.

I was hoping Lisa would leave. I don't care for her and Gleb just rubs me the wrong way. Not that I would have been that sad to see Victor go either. Some of the celebs this season seem pretty whiny and it's not attractive. At this point I'm pulling for the ones that just shut up and dance.

I thought the opening pro number was a mess. As was the initial results where nobody could hear a dang thing that was going on.

Encore was no surprise, but I thought Zendaya was better the night before. Looked like she almost slipped in those dang heels at the beginning and never quite recovered fully. Though they need to stop with the stuff decided via tweets or she will likely always win. One thing teenyboppers know how to do is tweet.

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

Dorothy's withdrawal didn't surprise me; she and Tristan weren't the least bit excited about being called safe.

Lindsay and Whitney didn't look particularly sharp in that "meet the new kids" featured dance. For this we lost Anna and Chelsie?

And not happy at all with DL's comment about not believing that he had to stand there and take criticism from a British guy and an Italian guy. WTF?

Indeed.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

After watching SYTYCD last summer and thinking Whitney the more dynamic dancer, I was very surprised to prefer Lindsay in the "New, Young Ones" pro dance. Lindsay is just all legs, isn't she? And she seemed to figure out the level of mugging that works on THIS dance show. Whiteney was way OTT in her mugging -- all "look at me!!" that was very off-putting.

DL should be quite happy that Cheryl has a fan base all her own.

I personally thought Lisa was a goner. Maybe they should now combine all votes and judges' scores from the first three weeks? I know, not likely or practical.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:11 PM

I keep wondering what game the show is playing with DL (or using DL to play) and the above comment plays on some of my more sinister thoughts.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

I am sorry to see Dorothy go, but at last someone has the sense to leave and not jeopardize their health like Jennifer and Maria.

queenelvis

queenelvis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

I didn't realize what the show was doing, until I saw all three new pros facing elimination. Part of me really wonders if DL was safe tonight, because he had a huge scoring gap to overcome. Is Cheryl's fanbase that strong, are people just voting for the worst, or was the show just dicking around and playing mind games with everyone?

Poor Tristan. Would it kill TPTB to give him an actual contender, or are all those reserved for the blessed blonde one?

Yeah, WTF was that? I'm tired of Len and Bruno as much as the next person, but that was oddly specific and uncomfortable to hear. I never had an opinion on DL one way or another, but he's not winning me over here.

victura

victura

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

Nooooo. Poor Dorothy (and Tristan). I was afraid her injury was quite serious yesterday because athletes would be the last people to complain about an injury since they're so used to dealing with it and going on, but the fact that Dorothy had to sit on the sidelines and watch rehearsal signaled that something was really wrong.

I'm also wondering whether touring with Stars on Ice took its toll on her too, as she hasn't toured or done many ice shows in quite a few years, and I'm sure she had her fair share of falls recently on hard ice. That can't be easy for any 56-year-old body (or really any body of an adult height), much less one that took a good beating in its younger years. She's the sweetest lady though, and I hope that she rests and recovers enough to show us something new and lovely in the finale (or perhaps even come back for another season in the future). I'm sad for her that she wasn't able to have a longer experience and was looking forward to seeing her improve. She and Tristan were my early favorites (even with yesterday's dance), but good for her for taking care of her body. It can't be easy to withdraw.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Also sad to see Tristan go. Dorothy was in over her head I thought.

DL acts very entitled, like, I'm a star, how dare they criticize me?!?!?! Really irked me.

Grobin sounded off tonight to me for some eason. Cold maybe?

Gleb is cocky but he brings the pretty.

Edited by TiredMe, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:16 PM.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

I think Victor was the one to go. I love Zendaya and I hope that they don't do the tweet thing every week (don't want people to get complacent with her). Sad to see Dorothy go (she was in my original pick for the top 6).

JanGator

JanGator

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Favorite part of the night? Seeing Andy and Sharna called safe. I was not a fan of Andy Dick going into this, but he seems genuinely repentant and hell bent on doing well. He's not the best dancer but he's far from the worst, so I'd have been pissed if he had been the one going home (Dorothy's exit aside). And I really like the partnership he has with Sharna, who has quickly won me over. The relief on his face and their big hug made me smile. Good for them!

Who on earth is voting for DL? I know we can't always tell the complete truth thanks to editing, but his dancing and attitude both suck. And he doesn't fit into your typical "big voting block" mold - not a big-time current star, but not a retro star past his prime and now a novelty. He's somewhere in between those two categories. So unless Cheryl's fans are pushing for them, I'm stumped.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

Lindsay and Whitney didn't look particularly sharp in that "meet the new kids" featured dance.

Agreed. They need to screen their new pros better and stop listening to Nigel.

That is some bullshit about Tristan leaving again so soon. Not that they would have been around much longer. I think we would see him more if he just went back to the troupe.

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

After I got over my initial disappointment of Tristan getting another older contestant, I got excited after seeing so many people on these boards and twitter happy about the partnership. Now I'm bummed all over again. :( I'm glad she's making the right decision for her health but man does it suck that he's out first again! I retract my earlier statement about not campaigning for him to have a REAL contender next season. The guy deserves it gosh darn it!

00redsvt

00redsvt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

I didn't think Lindsay and Whitney were all that hot. It seemed the one in pink was messing up from the get in their dance. We're Dorothy's injuries something she came in with or did they just appear all at once? I feel like if they're ongoing, she should've never started the show to begin with. I would prefer to see someone dance who is physically able. Not a big fan of the 'woe is me, injury' storylines. If they're something new, then my apologies. Also, DL needs to go. I understand that a comedians first line of defense is humor, but he's way OTT.

AmeliaBedelia4

AmeliaBedelia4

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

I'm bummed about Tristan as well. He is too talented and fun to watch to be going home during the first week again.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

This is the very reason why when his name was announced I voiced that he has said some things in the past that I have questioned. He has a history of making asinine statements such as this and it seems that he hasn't learned. Want to know what I mean? Google what he said about a female basketball team. The producers must really hate D.L. because they're surely putting his behavior on open display.

I was wrong. I thought the story about Dorothy was hyperbole. Since that story leaked this morning I'm sure the producers already knew and the whole waiting to the end was putting on a show. They did the same thing when Tom Delay dropped out. I think she made the right decision. I don't know if I'm buying that it's all about an injury. I think it's an injury coupled with not being happy with how she was doing. It sucks for Tristan that this is the second season in a row that he's leaving first. I had real high hopes for Dorothy in the beginning.

katms

katms

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

Nooooooo! I lose Tristan yet again? Give this man a better (as in younger, fitter, sane and committed <that's for you, Pam>) partner!! Give him a shot! He's tremendously appealing, gorgeous, and talented - and is wonderful with his partners. Those behind the scenes comments to Dorothy after their dance were so classy and kind.

Gleb. Gleb? My new official favorite DWTS name. It sounds like a character from Hitchiker's Guide. or Qalaxy Quest.

Edited by katms, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:28 PM.

fiatluxury

fiatluxury

Channel Surfer

FREE TRISTAN

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Ugh. Feel bad for Dorothy. When I first heard she was on the show I thought she would get to the finals.
DL safe = biggest surprise of the night. His fanbase must be bigger than I was aware of.
Wynnona no surprise. . . .fanbase.

myown

myown

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

I'm not surprised about DL at all. People with extremely low scores often stay on that week because their fans know they have to vote for them or they will be gone. It's often the people in the middle of the pack who get forgotten and go home. I would not have been sad to lose Victor and I would have been happy to get rid of Lisa.

Not too sad about Dorothy either. I have nothing against her, but she is blah dancing-wise and personality-wise.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

DL safe = biggest surprise of the night. His fanbase must be bigger than I was aware of.

Pity votes because of those 4 paddles???

Well, if they keep showing him like they have the last few nights, any sympathy votes will dry up quickly. Also, he must have pissed off the producers and they want him gone. You know you've gone too far when Andy Dick seems pleasant compared to you.

Edited by torreador, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:30 PM.

AmeliaBedelia4

AmeliaBedelia4

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

I really am hoping Andy Dick sticks around for awhile. He's entertaining and seems to try really hard. He also appears grateful to be there (unlike others).

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:35 PM

With DL maybe he got some sympathy from the first week coupled with Cheryl fans voting for them? Both Victor and Lisa have new pros that are unlikely to have fanbases of their own here, whereas Cheryl obviously does. Maybe her fans mobilized to keep her from being first out? Though if he continues with his comments, he will be gone soon.

Edited by spanana, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:39 PM.