12-21: "Top 9 Results" 2013.03.21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

The Beatles do not deserve what was done to their beautiful music catalog tonight. The only version I didn't abhor was the four guys. I can't even with whatever the hell Casey Abrams was doing.

Oh yeah...Paul left. Sorry Paul! And after you had a day named in your honor too. Bummer.

That was a really long intro for Jessica. If there is such a need for that much filler, put the show back to a half hour.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Amber? Because I don't.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:50 PM.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

It's going to take awhile for my ears to recover from Casey's song tonight. I thought it was absolutely horrible.

Jimmy continues to be the saving grace of this show for me. I loved him calling out the judges for saying everyone is great.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Did Jessica Sanchez win last year? Man, that pre-song video was long. I guess now Jessica is booty dancing with her stuffed animals in her bedroom. And that song was so reminiscent of the Beatles. Heh.

Casey Abrams is trying to bring back 1880's presidential beard realness.

This was a really weird results show. Paul, hey they have a Paul Jolley day in your hometown, now go sit over there you're in the bottom 3.

Amber forgot to wear pants.

Angie is slowly transforming in to a drag queen.

Oh, and Jimmy called Lazaro a big fat liar. And then Lazaro lied again!

Edited by rustyspigot, Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:15 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

The 4 dudes actually sounded good.

Why does Casey look like a homeless street performer?

Sanchez ... I was never "fillin'" her in her season and still don't.

This was a really weird results show. Paul, hey they have a Paul Jolley day in your hometown, now go sit over there you're in the bottom 3.

hee. Here's your snausage; now go to the doggy house.

And does Ryan say, "stool" weird or am I hearing things? Get outta my yard, you kids.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

How long has it been since a WG has not been in the Top Eight? My answer is never.

I knew LaZZZZZaro's tears would keep him in, but I liked how Jimmy called him out for lying. Perhaps this will mean he'll be gone next week.

The way it looks, Amber will be the first girl out which is too bad. She has the potential.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:20 PM

Does Iovine have the hots for Janelle?

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

Well, Casey Abrams is still as disgusting as I remembered. That performance was cringeworthy.

Poor Paul. Next week will probably be poor Burnell or poor Devin because Lazaro ain't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Amber: Just because you might have heard or read on the internet that you've got long legs, does not mean you have to wear short shorts on TV. You don't realize how lame you look.

Angie's teeth. That is all.

kelbel

kelbel

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I thought Ryan said there was going to be a surprise? Was it Amber being in the B3? Because that wasn't surprising to me. I knew she was going to be there after performing early in the show and getting such lukewarm praise from the judges. Plus, I just think she doesn't have the fanbase the other girls have. Though, that can very well change in the future.

Poor Paul. He gets his own day and then gets eliminated. At least, he was a good sport about everything.

Thank you Jimmy for calling Angie out on being over-dramatic. Because clearly the judges were never going to.

I'm sorry, but I did not enjoy Jessica's performance. The sexy dancing and the outfit she was wearing made me super uncomfortable. She looked like a 12 year old girl up there.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:22 PM

So Jimmy calls out Kree for over-singing(I don't see it) and Angie for being dramatic(I see it, but that I think that's just her and it appears to be working judging by the crowd reaction, twitter, youtube views, polls etc.), but gives Amber a glorious review after last night performance and nothing about Janelle despite being the definition of bland.

I don't see why they're pushing Amber so hard with Jimmy, the video package, and the shocked outrage at her being the bottom 3. She clearly doesn't have a large fanbase and pretty much all the stars would have to align to beat 1 of the big 3.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

Stupid browser deleted my response here before I can submit it. Now I gotta retype it. Even more disappointments from tonight.

Had no clue all those fabulous things were happening to Jessica. Do I care? No. She's becoming a pop diva.

Sad Paul went, but I'm not surprised. The judges were in no way going to use the save on him. He's not a contestant to get an unanimous Yes from the judges. I also blame the producers.

5 girls left, and 3 guys left. Ridiculous. Shoving down the girls' praise down our throats as usual. But again, they got talented girls, and wanna make sure one of them wins. Just like they want it.

No more WGWG possibilities now that Paul's gone. Producers controlled that very well this year, and now they got it. Hated controlled seasons, and this one shines like so, very well. And also a boring season when it comes down to that.

I liked Paul, he was getting better, but I accepted that he wasn't going to win it all.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

Angie's teeth. That is all.

This made me snort out loud and Mr. Ari came in to see what the hell.

Also, when Paul got presented with, "his sign," we all said here that he was toast. ....And he was toast. "Save," my voluminous ass.

Nidratime

Nidratime

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

I'm shocked that Randy is shocked that Amber is in the bottom three. When you pile on a good singer and "blame her" because you, the judges, don't know the song, then many in the audience are going to follow your lead. In the meantime you coddle a subpar singer because of a disability. If Lazaro were a better singer and a stutterer, well fine! But if you are being easy on him because you feel sorry for him, then you are being unfair to other stronger singers and to him. So, don't look shocked. *You* put Amber there.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:27 PM

I don't know, but it certainly looks to me like he has his own feud with Nicki. She doesn't appear to me to like him, and I think it's mutual.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

No more WGWG possibilities now that Paul's gone. Producers controlled that very well this year, and now they got it. Hated controlled seasons, and this one shines like so, very well. And also a boring season when it comes down to that.

By God, they're not going to have a WGWG come hell or high water.

As of tonight, 3 guys left. If a dude does manage to pull the rug out from under TPTB (TPTB with their girl win script) they will have a black dude or a latino dude.... not that there's anything wrong with that. That is if it's a dude. I just hate the manipulation and that's what it feels like. Not that I floved Jolly. IDK what my point is, but I have to be outraged about something. :)

I don't know, but it certainly looks to me like he has his own feud with Nicki. She doesn't appear to me to like him, and I think it's mutual.

Word.
And if Iovine has an issue with Nicki he'll have to take a number, get in line, and wait his turn - a la the bakery.

Edited by ari333, Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:41 PM.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

I am really losing interest for the first time. The way the are pushing for a girl winner is so manipulated. Of course the general public wouldn't notice it like we do. There are good singers but generic IMO.

Edited by Laurie4H, Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:37 PM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

Bye bye Paul, you were sweet and you could have lasted to top 7 at least. Sorry!

I did wonder about Lazaro saying he had to learn his song the night before since I thought they recorded the ITunes version on the Saturday before. But damn Jimmy called him out as a straight liar and basically said he was the worst of the night but he was going to get through based on sympathy votes. Which, imo, he did. He should have gone home and Amber shouldn't have been in the bottom 3.

TPTB set it up so that the girls were so strong there's no denying it and no way any of the guys could be a threat. So let it play out that way. Stop trying to talk about the guys like they could win. Stop trying to throw Lazaro pity votes. Stop trying to claim Kree oversings (say what Jimmy?) If the top 5 is all girls, then so be it.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

I thought the most telling part was when Ryan S. asked Nikki, "Jimmy has Amber in his top three. America put her in the bottom three. Who do you agree with?" Nikki replied, well, I don't think she belonged in the bottom three, but didn't go as far as Jimmy.

Jimmy seems to have a blind spot for Amber. He's evaulating her as a talent, but not for her performances. Nikki was more correct that Amber wasn't comfortable with that song. Its kind of interesting that Jimmy is falling into the same trap he's accusing the judges of.

Paul didn't seem to give a crap in his sing off. Randy said, "it wasn't unanimous." Yeah right, as if any of those judges voted to save him.

Edited by Raid Maze, Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:43 PM.

Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:52 PM

Paul?

Color me surprised. I thought his looks and "country" would last him about 2 more weeks but I guess it was balanced out by the gay-ish vibe and the lack of any great vocal prowess.

tea4904

tea4904

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

I thought Casey A looked a lot like this

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:57 PM

I can see where this is starting to go. Janelle has the country voting bloc all locked up and Lazaro has tween nation. I feel bad for Paul because it should of been Lazaro sent packing. I'm glad Jimmy called bullshit on him.

Of course the producers control every aspect of the show. They hand select the winner, control what songs for them to sing and manipulate the contestants. But these kids are so desperate for stardom, they'll bow to anything no matter how stupid the request is. They should send the three guys immediately and stop wasting their time.

Both Amber and Devin are living on borrowed time. Candice will always have the upper hand on her and Devin's the odd guy out. It's a shame because both are talented and they have no control over the voting.

Nice look Casey - samurai hairdo, hippy beard and wearing grandpa's cardigan.

Edited by Elmer Fug, Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:01 PM.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

Producers controlled that very well this year, and now they got it. Hated controlled seasons, and this one shines like so, very well. And also a boring season when it comes down to that.

I kinda find it ironic that people have complained about having the same winner for so long, and now that there will be a different winner guaranteed, it's all about manipulation and control.

This is AI. All seasons have been manipulated and controlled to some extent, some more blatant than the others. Some of the results were to TPTB's liking, some were not. I for one am glad that there won't be a WG winner this year, let alone a WGWG. It already makes for a exciting season, for either a girl or a minority guy to win. The past few seasons, it was just a matter of who left when before the WGWG was eventually crowned.

I agree they stacked the girls, but really, that's what they should have done in the first place if they wanted some variety in winners the past years. People have complained about only having 1-2 great women while the rest were filler. I really like this group of girls, even the blandest one in Janelle. For me, it will be exciting to see how far Kree will go. She's going to be a good winner for AI if she does win. But the other women are no pushovers either. And I really like that.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I kinda find it ironic that people have complained about having the same winner for so long, and now that there will be a different winner guaranteed, it's all about manipulation and control.

Is this is what I have to deal with to keep from having another season where a Lee Dewyze beats a Crystal Bowersox, I say fine.

I agree they stacked the girls, but really, that's what they should have done in the first place if they wanted some variety in winners the past years. People have complained about only having 1-2 great women while the rest were filler.

I agree. This is the first time in a long time they actually have five strong girls. It's nice. I'm not sorry a kind of ok guy won't get to run away with the win this time.

BogoGog24

BogoGog24

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

I agree this was a really weird results show. It made little sense when Ryan was like "Hey Paul you had a day named after you... now go sit in the Bottom 3!" Paul was a nice guy but I'm glad he went and not Devin. Devin easily has the best voice out of the guys and I hate that he isn't getting votes because people find him and his song choices boring and old-fashioned. He is so underrated, I agree sometimes he can be boring, but I just love his voice. Unfortunately he's at a huge disadvantage being from such a huge city like Chicago, whereas the rest of the contestants are from small towns where being on Idol is a huge deal so the whole community votes. No one in Chicago probably cares that Devin is on Idol.

Lazaro should have went home tonight. Paul was by no means the best singer here but Lazaro just outright sucks. America, please do Lazaro a favor and just put him out of his misery. What kind of double standard where people thought Charlie was having a meltdown (and he wasn't) so they decided not to vote in order to put him out of his misery, yet Lazaro stays? Charlie was never a perfect vocalist but he easily surpasses Lazaro. And I'm glad Jimmy cleared up the issue with his song as well as Amber's song. If what he said is true, that everyone gets the same amount of time to prepare and gets to choose their own songs, these people have no excuse for looking pissed while they're up there or for delivering a bad performance. Kree had a cold and she still did great.

I like Jessica Sanchez but I am always so turned off by how she tries to dress and act like she is 25 instead of 18. The song she did was boring and unoriginal. I hope her album is better.

I also like Casey and wished he had performed a song from his own album instead. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to like what he was doing or not... because I kind of really didn't. He's a very talented musician but.... I don't know, this song just... no.

I'm also glad Jimmy called out the judges for overpraising and for Angie's need to overdramatize everything.

SmallTownMom

SmallTownMom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

<p>I really, really missed Simon tonight. I wanted somebody to say to Casey, "What in the bloody hell was that?" "Self indulgent nonsense." Or many other things to that effect. I genuinely could not stand Casey in whatever season that was. Thought he and Haley looked liked brother/sister cabbage patch dolls (something about their eyes, but I really did think they looked a lot alike). Later, Casey reminded me of a leprechaun. But tonight, was absolutely terrible The look, the singing, the scatting or whatever the hell you call it. We couldn't take it and had to mute him. Please, AI, don't bring him back ever again. <br><br>Well, I figured Lazaro would stay. I think he felt bad to be there. He'll need to be a lot better next week, but they always have Devin to throw under the same bus that they sent for Paul. Felt bad for Paul tonight. I don't think he would have made it a lot further along, but definitely deserved to stay more than Lazaro. Lazaro is the weakest one left, and I feel sorry for him for the fact that he probably was teased all his life, but he is not ready for this show. <br><br>Agree about Jessica Sanchez. Everything was too long, except her shirt. I think she is a little too young to be sending out the vibe she does. But I do think she is as cute as can be, and I did like her singing, once they finally got around to her performance.<br><br>Sure was a lot of filler tonight.</p>

Petunia

Petunia

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

I would like to thank Jessica and Neyo, along with my DVR, for making this the fastest AI I've ever watched.

charlieboo

charlieboo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:50 PM

I loved that Jimmy called out the singers on not knowing the Beatles. He had it exactly right: it's not that every teen or 20-something in the world needs to know every Beatle song, but if you are an aspiring singer and performing on a singing talent show, you should damn well study up and have enough respect to learn the pioneers and key artists of various music genres and eras. It was perfect that he compared it to a job interview.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

Bye bye Paul, you were sweet and you could have lasted to top 7 at least.

Except that he couldn't.

I'm shocked that Backwards-Cap Iovine went to the trouble of "Cue the videotape!" on Lazaro, who might just have meant that the song was changed IN KEY, or IN TEMPO, or in HOW THE LYRICS WERE ARRANGED, but left "change" hang without further explanation because of his stuttering. Obviously Lazaro knew when he recorded the iTunes version, knew when Jimmy first gave him the song, and knew that he wasn't alone either time. Their next session will be a tad tense, won't it?

Edited by LennieB, Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:10 PM.

yourpointis

yourpointis

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

So Jimmy calls out Kree for over-singing(I don't see it) and Angie for being dramatic(I see it, but that I think that's just her and it appears to be working judging by the crowd reaction, twitter, youtube views, polls etc.), but gives Amber a glorious review after last night performance and nothing about Janelle despite being the definition of bland.

I don't see why they're pushing Amber so hard with Jimmy, the video package, and the shocked outrage at her being the bottom 3. She clearly doesn't have a large fanbase and pretty much all the stars would have to align to beat 1 of the big 3.

Its pretty obvious to me that Jimmy likes who he likes and knows who he wants to work with post show. The audience is voting differently. Taste is subjective. The viewers are gonna like who they like and usually stick with their favorites from beginning to end. Its rare for a viewer to switch horses mid race unless their fave is voted out.

This is AI. All seasons have been manipulated and controlled to some extent, some more blatant than the others. Some of the results were to TPTB's liking, some were not. I for one am glad that there won't be a WG winner this year, let alone a WGWG. It already makes for a exciting season, for either a girl or a minority guy to win. The past few seasons, it was just a matter of who left when before the WGWG was eventually crowned.

Emphasis mine. ITA. This show has been manipulated to varying degrees from season one till now. Countless contestants have come forward and complained about behind the scenes shenanigans and it has all been chalked up to sour grapes. People will believe what they choose to believe.

I agree they stacked the girls, but really, that's what they should have done in the first place if they wanted some variety in winners the past years. People have complained about only having 1-2 great women while the rest were filler.

Seasons 3, 6, 9, and now 12. jmo

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

If the producers really want Lazaro out - and judging by the references to how shitty he was Wednesday, they do - then why not have him be the one up against Amber in the bottom 3 reveal? Most viewers would freak out and he'd probably take a hit in the votes. Perhaps TPTB want the controversy.

I liked Casey's performance, but why not let him sing an original? Or at least let him pimp his album.

So did Lazaro lie or did he mean something else by "I learned the song last night"? Maybe he chose it, recorded it with lyrics in front of him, and finally fully memorized/learned it the night before, and didn't communicate that properly. Was that addressed by Lazaro at all?

pigeon

pigeon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

No one in Chicago probably cares that Devin is on Idol.

Not true! I'm from Chicago and have given Devin most of my power votes! I think he is darling and has a voice like buttah. It's a bonus that he happens to be from my hometown.

Lazaro can go anytime. His singing faces tonight were making me cringe.

Edited by pigeon, Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:22 PM.