13-3: "I'm Being Punked by a Jackson" 2013.03.17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

112 replies to this topic

SparkleGirl

SparkleGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

I would enjoy this season much more if Omorosa was NOT on it. I frankly cannot stand her. I think there should be a chapter about her in the book The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout. I find her a bit scary actually. She doesn't seem like she could be truly happy on the inside, from my perspective.

But I knew that Trump would want to keep her around to stir the pot, sadly.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:04 PM

First, Plan B's presentation was just so head-and-shoulders above Team Power's presentation that if Trump would have announced that Latoya's team had won I would have instantly called shenanigans. The Crystal Light was nothing more than a prop in Power's presentation, and Plan B's entire presentation showcased the "use a little or a lot" aspect that was important to integrating the product into the bit.

Latoya is 100% correct that Trump was NOT going to fire Omarosa, though not because he was buying her no-more-tears grief breakdown. Had she brought her back, Trump's argument would have been that the team lost on product integration, which meant that Omarosa not being a part of the activity had nothing to do with the loss. Latoya would have STILL been out. Trump's boardroom blather about "if you had brought Omarosa back I probably would have fired her" was nothing but pure bullshit

Thank you!!! Someone finally said it.

while LaToya committed the instantly fireable sin of messing up the product name. It was understandable as she was obviously in a nerve wracking situation- being PM, and having to act with actors, and remembering her lines, and making sure she hit all the cues for the DUN DUN DUN!... but it's exactly the kind of thing Trump and the execs harp on.

I'm not as willing to give LaToya a pass on that, especially considering she had it written on her hand. That dumb broad was dead weight anyway.

LaToya is an idiot and got played instead of playing the game. Even if she believed Trump wouldn't have fired Omarosa (which I agree with), halfass calling Trump out on that was a shitty plan. What she should have done was tell Trump that, even though Omarosa is a bitch and was difficult, she didn't lose the task for the team (which is true). She would have then gained his respect as a level-headed business woman instead of coming off like a scared little mouse.

Then she should have brought back Lil' Jon and Dennis. Where Power went wrong was with Lil' Jon's idea of using the drink as a prop instead of incorporating the brand messaging of "use a little or a lot". If LaToya was smart, she would have brought Lil' Jon in and went hard on that.

Dennis should have been brought in as a fail-safe. Dennis is the Gary of team Power - he doesn't do shit creatively and he only does what he's told instead of thinking of what needs to be done and taking ownership. Hell, at least Gary is a performer and contributes to Plan B when there's a performance aspect to the task - the most Dennis has done in the past 3 challenges is ask the Universal execs if they use celebrities in their campaigns. He's useless and LaToya could have called him out on that. But she didn't because she's too chickenshit to call people out unless she thinks the entire team is behind her and she's dumb as hell so I doubt she really knew all of her options. This is why bitches like Omarosa and Star Jones get so far in this game - because they are smart and focus on presenting their case in the boardroom based on objective things like who is responsible for losing the task and who is dead weight - not on who you don't like and who is difficult to work with.

Edited by GrrlPower, Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:18 PM.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:14 PM

GrrlPower, I ran out of plus ones but I totally agree with you! I thought Latoya was smart to not bring Omarosa back, because O wasn't the reason for the loss! As much as I love Lil Jon, I thought he should have been brought back. He played practically invisible whilst in the boardroom, because he probably knew that if anybody probed deeper and asked who was behind the brand messaging that his name would come up. But yes, I would have brought him and Dennis back, and then maybe hammered home that at least Lil Jon gave creative output - Dennis produced nothing that could have helped the team to home and tweak the ideas that were offered.

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 12:18 AM

As for the release of the 911 call...the matter did not require Omarosa's attention.

I don't believe for a minute that Omarosa and MCD were actually engaged. As others have said, she would have been milking that for every drop of publicity had it been true.

What I don't understand is why no one seemed to question why *she* had to leave to deal with the issue of the 911 call. She wasn't MCD's wife or his next of kin or anything. I can't imagine that she had any legal standing or any real clout with the media.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

Omarosa took LaToya's measure when she questioned LaToya's "You'll be the Stage Manager" decision. LT could have assertively replied, when challenged about not having a script yet, "I don't care what the script is; I'm the PM, and I want you as the Stage Manager."

curlyblackeggs

curlyblackeggs

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:50 AM

Omarosa took LaToya's measure when she questioned LaToya's "You'll be the Stage Manager" decision. LT could have assertively replied, when challenged about not having a script yet, "I don't care what the script is; I'm the PM, and I want you as the Stage Manager."

That was when it was clear to me that Omarosa wasn't going to actually work FOR the task. If she wants to be the boss, Stage Manager is the next best thing to PM. She strategizes like a whiny child, what with behavior like this and the mantra repetition in an argument -- it's like she just keeps saying the same thing over and over until you HAVE to accept it in order for the conversation to move forward.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

• Interests:....music, art, politics, dogs & cats, beer, sex, movies, TV.......order of importance depends on the given moment....

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

First ep I watched this season and Miss O sure thinks she is all that. What a piece of work. You know the fix is in. Would DT let anyone else talk over people like that? If it was a fair boardroom debate he should tell her to stop and let someone else talk. So much for his mad skillz as a COO/CEO. He wouldn't let that go on in his real businesses.

I'm only watching for Trace (rwrrr...he can Susan Lucci me any time) and Lil Jon. Either of them for the win.

LaToya was toast no matter what happened. I do think Brande and Claudia should have had her back tho and told some of the shit O pulled. And agree there was no reason for her to leave for the 911 call. It was all for show/symphathy. I've never seen better faux crying in my life (and I watch a lot of soaps). If they awarded an Emmy for that she'd win hands down. Pssst O...next time put some onion juice on your hankie. Helps with the waterworks.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:51 AM

That was when it was clear to me that Omarosa wasn't going to actually work FOR the task. If she wants to be the boss, Stage Manager is the next best thing to PM.

I didn't think Omarosa was trying to get out of working for the task - that's not Omarosa's style and that's not how she plays the game. I think she genuinely wanted to act on stage in hopes of using this show to promote herself as an actress. I go on that assumption based on the number of times she mentioned she was on Passions - another sign that she wanted any casting agents watching to believe she could act and was using this show to promote herself.

Also, I think Omarosa was doing some smart strategy there. I saw LaToya's original season, and how LaToya plays the game is to pass off responsibility to others (so they can be blamed in the boardroom) and she runs minor errands so she can say she contributed, but isn't responsible for anything. LaToya wasn't trying to make Omarosa the director out of the kindness of her heart or to use her teammates to the best of their abilities (if that was her goal, she would have cast Omarosa as the villain from the beginning as that would have had the crowd roaring) - she was trying to set Omarosa up for whatever was going to go wrong with the play. I think Omarosa was smart for maneuvering out of LaToya's obvious ploy.

PoorKitty

PoorKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

What I don't understand is why no one seemed to question why *she* had to leave to deal with the issue of the 911 call. She wasn't MCD's wife or his next of kin or anything. I can't imagine that she had any legal standing or any real clout with the media.

I'm not going to google it because I don't want to listen to anything involving that phony, lying hag, particularly a 911 recording, but wasn't it her--Omorosa's--voice on the tape? Not that what she wanted mattered one bit as the tape was public domain and she knew it. She bailed on purpose for the very reason of avoiding being fired as someone else mentioned a few pages back.

Dahling

Dahling

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 5:43 PM

LaToya plays the game is to pass off responsibility to others (so they can be blamed in the boardroom) and she runs minor errands so she can say she contributed, but isn't responsible for anything. LaToya wasn't trying to make Omarosa the director out of the kindness of her heart or to use her teammates to the best of their abilities(...) - she was trying to set Omarosa up for whatever was going to go wrong with the play. I think Omarosa was smart for maneuvering out of LaToya's obvious ploy.

But LaToya was the project manager, and thus had the job of assigning tasks. By that logic, every person with a responsibility was being set up. I don't think Omarosa was being "smart", she was just being herself. Which is to say, she was being obstructionist, reactive, hypersensitive, and aggressive.

CapsChick

CapsChick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:09 PM

He didn't mean The Arsenio Hall Show (1989-1994). He meant the (probably same named) Arsenio Hall Show (2013).

OK. I had checked IMDB before posting to find out what he could be referring to, and didn't turn up anything. I didn't know he had a new show coming up.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 4:30 PM

What I think *I* would do if I were the PM and sure I was getting fired - refuse to bring anyone back. If it's really about not giving into Donald's games and not giving Omarosa any more airtime - just say that you won't bring anyone. Latoya knew there was no way Brande or Dennis deserved to get fired, so why not just stick it to Donald even further?

That's exactly what Adam Corolla did. And then Trump fired someone else anyway (Michael Andretti).

And that's why it was so sweet when Dee very deftly threw it back in Trump's face when he asked him why he brought anybody back to the boardroom with him. "Because when Adam Carolla didn't bring anybody back with HIM, you fired Michael Andretti for no reason at all. That's why, mister Trump."

That's the sort of thing that's making it into the show this year that would not have in previous years. And I love it.

Edited by kassa, Mar 21, 2013 @ 4:31 PM.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:33 PM

And that's why it was so sweet when Dee very deftly threw it back in Trump's face when he asked him why he brought anybody back to the boardroom with him. "Because when Adam Carolla didn't bring anybody back with HIM, you fired Michael Andretti for no reason at all. That's why, mister Trump."

Actually, it wasn't for no reason. Trump wanted Michael to be PM on the car-related task. It wasn't the only time Trump has fired someone for not being PM when he thought they should have been. Adam was fired for trying to stand in Trump's way. Wanting to bring the wrong people back is just as bad as not bringing anyone back. I think Trump had already decided to get rid of LaToya, so if she wanted to refuse to bring anyone back, she could have done that without endangering anyone.

dianewannabe

dianewannabe

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 11:54 AM

My feeling is that LaToya wanted off the show and this was her way of doing it- by bringing back 2 people who wouldnt be fired. And I think that she wanted off because I think at some point she may have become genuinely fearful of that psychopath Omarosa. Not sure what gives me this feeling but that is my gut.

Two other points- wouldn't Lisa Rinna, you know, an actual soap opera star, be the logical PM? She even mentioned it herself. I'm suprised that Donald didn't call her out on not stepping up. Also, with that Brandi/Claudia side bar, I saw that as Claudia trying to get Brandi to do her dirty work. Glad that Brandi didn't take the bait. Nothing good would have come out of that comment and Brandi would have been the fall-gal.

By the way, did anyone else have a terrible problem with the volume of the background music in this episode? On my tv, the music was so jarringly loud that it drowned out the voices. It was like the voices were the background music and the music was the dialog. Did this happen with anyone else?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 12:22 PM

Two other points- wouldn't Lisa Rinna, you know, an actual soap opera star, be the logical PM? She even mentioned it herself.

Yea, she immediately started saying she would better serve the task by being IN the skit. I'm not sure why you couldn't do both, but that was her reasoning.

orionlion

orionlion

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 1:29 PM

And I think that she wanted off because I think at some point she may have become genuinely fearful of that psychopath Omarosa. Not sure what gives me this feeling but that is my gut.

I don't know that she was necessarily afraid. But I think her tolerance level was at an end. She knew Trump wouldn't fire Omarosa and after he told her he wouldn't give LaToya anymore favors, she was probably ready to go. If she wasn't fired, she'd be stuck with the [whisper]coniving witch[/whisper] and she'd had enough.

Omarosa is no one to fear. But she is DEEPLY annoying and sucks all the joy out of life. She's definitely sucked the fun out of watching this show- I pity everyone on her team. Plan B should stop singling out Gary. As distracting as he can be, it could be worse. They could have Omarosa.

wessex

wessex

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

Yes, I don't feel that LaToya was afraid of Omarosa -- she was just done with her and done with Trump's game. Time to go home.

Speaking of fear, I believe that Omarosa feared Piers because she took her vileness to an inexcusable level during his season and he called her on it. So, she can be brought to check. Just takes the right person. And LaToya just doesn't go there.

chrisac

chrisac

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

ITA with the posters who said that if LaToya had brought Omarosa back, Trump would have fired LaToya anyway. One can only hope that Piers Morgan gets another shot at Omarosa. She won't win for sure...but Trump keeps bringing her back. BTW,I fondly recall her being referred to here on the Boards as "Assorama" (very descriptive) on threads dating back to her earlier appearances.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:47 AM

When was this show filmed? because I heard this morning 3/27 that Omarosa is suing LaToya for the stuff she said about her and Michael Clark Duncan while on CA

Edited by melissa1925, Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:10 PM.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 1:17 PM

When was this show filmed? because I heard this morning 3/27 that Omarosa is suing LaToya for the stuff she said about her and Michael Clark Duncan while on CA

It wasn't filmed terribly recently, I don't think, but I can't remember exactly when. The last ep included Omarosa mentioning a fake report of Donald Trump's death, which was posted to at least Twitter, & that occurred awhile back. My guess is, Omarosa either willingly held back on her suit, was asked to hold back by the producers &/or Trump, or she filed it immediately after that ep was filmed but it wasn't announced until now, so that it wouldn't spoil the ep before it aired.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 3:54 PM

The place to discuss it is Omarosa's thread.

dialyn

dialyn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 6:49 PM

The last ep included Omarosa mentioning a fake report of Donald Trump's death, which was posted to at least Twitter, & that occurred awhile back.

Nope, that was misdirection on the part of the editors. The person who died was the Trump impersonator which is why they had to get a Joan Rivers impersonator instead, and it was the impersonator that the team members were talking about. Not saying what was on Twitter...I don't use it so I don't have a clue about what blather might have gone there.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

What happened in a future episode is not on-topic in this thread.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Mar 27, 2013 @ 6:53 PM.