Easy Chinese

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6 replies to this topic

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

Anyone watching this show? As a chinese-american I'm glad that foodnetwork/cooking channel has an actual chinese cooking show. It was cool that she managed to do a Chinese new year special as well, making definitely more of a real deal.

I do like most of her recipes. I do wish she would do the touring around restaurants part (seems typical with these food network shows) because it just gives us less recipes to do.

I did lol when Ching-He did this "fast easy ramen" dish. She had this competition of beating a 3-minute ramen noodles by claiming to make an easier and tastier noodle dish. It definitely looked a lot tastier, but it definitely look like it would be a lot longer than 3 minutes. She just did it in three minutes, because she was going insanely fast (Like as in she would even finish her sentences of what she was doing). It was a very top chef quickfire moment. You know if the food network executives saw this scene, they would have freaked out by how "complicated" it was.

Kev

Kev

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:54 AM

I really like her.

SomeJoeBlow

SomeJoeBlow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 7:04 PM

Well, much to the chagrin of my wife, I have a gigantic crush on Ching-He Huang....so, this show is on permanent DVR rotation. A really attractive Chinese woman with a British accent cooking tasty food is too much to pass up..

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 6:57 PM

I did notice in one of her shows, she was cooking for a lesbian couple's wedding.  Is that a first that has happened in cooking channel?  Kind of surprised how open she was explaining the event. 

SomeJoeBlow

SomeJoeBlow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 2:06 AM

There have been all kind of gay people on Food Network/Cooking Channel -- Anne Burrell, Ted Allen, the Hearty Boys, Brian Boitano, etc. -- so it's not nearly a first..

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

I have her cookbook "Ching's everyday easy Chinese". I've tried the Oyster Chicken, the Hoisin chicken, and Twice cooked salt and pepper chicken. They were so good. I found you can substitute molasses for dark soy sauce.

Edited by Batman Beatles, Jul 15, 2013 @ 10:00 AM.

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

There have been all kind of gay people on Food Network/Cooking Channel -- Anne Burrell, Ted Allen, the Hearty Boys, Brian Boitano, etc. -- so it's not nearly a first..

Sorry, I think I miscommunicated.  I meant the "guests" on one's cooking show.  The guests that Ching was cooking for were an open lesbian couple getting married.  Most people know that Anne, Ted and others are gay, but I'm pretty sure they never talked about it on their shows.