S11 - Michelle Lesniak

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

35 replies to this topic

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 8:52 PM

I found that line to be kinda weird because... the general public doesn't watch fashion shows. Hell, most Americans only ever see the Victoria's Secret runway show and that's because it comes on TV. And designers don't design for the general public either. That's why I've never understood the need to appeal to them on this show. Michelle's work was great in the context of this show, but it wasn't really exciting enough for me to think it belongs in the big leagues.

She belongs in L.A.

dialyn

dialyn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

As a native of Southern California, I would think she would need to start designing in lighter weight fabrics for Los Angeles. Much of Southern California is comparatively warm most of the year. To be honest, I don't think the population that would wear the Runway clothes is greater in Los Angeles than anywhere...I suspect most people are limited by funds and practicality at the end of the game.

Edited by dialyn, May 1, 2013 @ 12:34 PM.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

I would have thought that you would find most people who are interested in designer clothes in New York and the other big cities with a lot of high end business. And what about all the people going to Aspen? They need clothes, too.
Plus, who says that Michelle can't or doesn't want to design something lighter? She was supposed to present a fall collection for the runway, so she did a fall collection. But she did much lighter stuff during the season too. The short chartreuse dress, for example, and the dress she did for the real woman challenge.

dialyn

dialyn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 1:30 PM

I agree. I think Michelle is perfectly capable of designing in other styles, fabrics, seasons. In fact, I've wondered if some of her angst will have lifted with the win and lead her to explore some happier sides of her personality. I'd like to see what a spring collection from her will look like. I'm thinking, though I have no way of knowing, that it will be quite different from what she did for fall.

Sayaka

Sayaka

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 5:25 AM

I was a little bit surprised when she mentioned in one interview, that she never really did work with leather before PR. For one I would have thought that leather totally fits her personal style, but I also would have never guessed.
I wouldn't be surprised if her next collection is totally different...still distinctively hers, with the "fierce woman" vibe she likes so much, but with new elements and materials.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

Found the tattoo pic:

http://homotography....kow-for-mr-turk