12-19: "Top 10 Results" 2013.03.14

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

114 replies to this topic

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

Hey, JBJ, the Bay City Rollers called - you can use their tartan if you like.

Wow. Charlie was 6th guy. I wonder how close it was. I love Charlie, last night would have been MUCH improved with his presence. Beautiful song tonight. Perhaps the best original ever performed on an Idol stage. Well done. I hope he makes it to the tour. Seeing Randy loudly interrupting Nicki and Mariah's viewing of the performance served to completely reinforce what a total and utter douchebag he is.

Aubrey had a wonderful tonality. Unfortunately, she is a cookie cutter balladeer and that is the last thing this season needs.

PP better hope the public likes Gordon Lightfoot. This is who he will be, or he will be nothing. He's not smart enough to be a Croce or Chapin.

I love the new specificity of the reveal. Waaaaaaaay overdue. Four guys all lower than the lowest female. Wow. Ameriker going for ability over traditional bias. Ameriker reeeeally got it right this week.

Bye, Nicki! Hahahahaha. Actually, she is the best thing about the show this year. Good theater, though.

How many saves do the jidges have, and do they expire?

SmallTownMom

SmallTownMom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

America got it right. Nicky, please make good on your threat!

ArithAlphamale

ArithAlphamale

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

Top 3:
Candice
Kree
Amber

4. Lazaro
5. Amber
6. Janelle
7. Burnell
8. Paul
9. Devin
10. Curtis

So excited that Curtis left, but I'm shocked that Paul was i the Bottom 3 tonight. I think next week Paul leaves since America's not buying him as a heart throb. Devin, Janelle, and Burnell will probably follow in any random order...with Amber being the only other girl looking to leave early if she keeps her choices in the diva playbook.

OH, and hello Pretty Pretty Aubrey! Charlie's song was painfully repetitive, I'd leave both. Where was Breanna? Could we have had Vincent? Elijah?

Edited by ArithAlphamale, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:06 PM.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

Thank GOD! YES YES YES. Thank you America for getting it right. Bye bye Curtis. Now the competition can really begin.

Nicki, go by your word; since Curtis left, you would leave, too. You were good at first, but now you're just freaking me out.

Were they all really in ranks? I can't believe Idol made it that way; almost like the X Factor's style.

Top 3: Kree, Candice, Angie
4th: Lazaro
5th: Amber
6th: Janelle
7th: Burnell
8th: Paul
Bottom 2: Devin, Curtis (Eliminated)

Edited by Chocorokoroko, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:07 PM.

aps817

aps817

Video Archivist

Devin, Paul and Burnell's votes are gonna skyrocket next week. I'm worried for Amber.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Charlie still can't sing. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get in on the vote though.

Lazaro at #4. LOL. The power of a story. Overall the placement of the Top 10 was pretty much how is should of been except for Lazaro.

Kree's getting a key to the city during Top 10 week was weird.

Happy that Curtis is gone, wouldn't be surprised if Amber was a shock boot next week. They're really pushing the girl angle, it could backfire. Plus she only got 5th with pimp spot + standing O.

Edited by CK17, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:07 PM.

Dogmom416

Dogmom416

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:09 PM

How many votes do we get for the "save" for the tour??

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

I get it that Kree's town wants to give her a key to the city, but why was it televised?

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

I love seeing the reveal of the entire top 10, but it seems to me like it's just another way for them to push a girl to the win.

I thought Aubrey kicked Charlie's ass.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:15 PM

Obviously to fill in time, and waste our's as well. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice gesture, but really? So early, too.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

America got it right. Nicky, please make good on your threat!

Please please please I've never wanted anything more. Her outfit was...uh.

That was so weird with Kree's mayor. Last night with Amber's stepmom, tonight with the mayor...Idol has finally gone off its rocker.

Nice save into Jane Lynch's lap, Ryan. And I'm being sincere!

Poor Phillip. They couldn't have put some powder on before he performed? I still unashamedly love him regardless. And Gone Gone Gone as the goodbye song is delightfully on the nose.

Edited by mojoween, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:21 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

Minaj is disgusting. When she got up to leave I wish they'd let her go.

damalanop

damalanop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

Curtis was definitely the right choice to go home in my opinion. I am so glad that the judges decided not to use their save on him. His "sing for your life" performance was painful!

Neither Nicki or Mariah seemed to say a word during Curtis' performance tonight, yet Keith and Randy were talking up a storm! No wonder the save vote wasn't unanimous.

Edited by damalanop, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:30 PM.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

I was hoping Nicki would bounce her stank ass up out of there and never come back.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:29 PM

I don't think America is buying Paul as a country pop act. Devin needs to step it up, period.

As for America 'getting it right', I don't agree. Lazaro was horrible last night and his placement is the result of story, not talent, certainly not a marketable package. I fear he could overtake one or two of the top three girls as more guys drop, making him 'the guy.'

Phillip Phillips still knows nothing about melody, I see.

Edited by Raid Maze, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:36 PM.

sandrajane

sandrajane

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

Nicki said they didn't even get to discuss it (whether or not to save Curtis). I wonder who (besides Candice and Angela) they are allowed to pretend to use it on.

I am surprised at Paul being in the bottom. And revealing the totals didn't work for X Factor. And it's not going to work for Idol.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:35 PM

When Nicki was all worked up about Curtis, I was waiting for someone to say that she wasn't even there, so she can't really judge it.

Edited by vb68, Mar 15, 2013 @ 5:59 AM.

sandrajane

sandrajane

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

And what happened to the Where Are They Now and Mic Night segments that were going to start airing on tonight's results show? Looks like they changed their minds about it.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:42 PM

Nicki said they didn't even get to discuss it (whether or not to save Curtis).

There's nothing to discuss, so I don't get the outrage Nikki has. This isn't trial where a jury is expected to come to a unanimous decision. All Randy has to say is no and its over. Nikki needs to learn some professionalism. She's way too emotional and keeps making it all about herself.

Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus

Channel Surfer

Good thing they decided to give Charlie a chance. What the tour doesn't need is another perfect-voiced balladeer, but an entertainer.

Curtis being gone is no surprise whatsoever. To me, Devin being so low and Lazaro being so high is no surprise either. Lazaro's good looking and that trumps the voice. Devin can only be described as oddly-looking and he was boring. The only one I thought would have been voter higher was Burnell, but by one place at the most. Now the thing that will keep me watching next week will be the question of whether Devin will manage to save himself. Judging by the Idolforums popularity, Devin has the weakest fanbase but Paul and Burnell aren't that far ahead either, and neither is Amber.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Lazaro, only male in Top Five. :-)

Edited by LennieB, Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:42 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:50 PM

The reveal reminded me of, "The Price Is Right."

Person's Name > Squeals > Grabs Own Face > Jumps Up and Runs.

"Come on down!"

Petunia

Petunia

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

Yay, Charlie! I think he would make the tour much more enjoyable, and I think he'll win over Aubrey. Lazaro ... I just don't think he's all that recordable. He mumbles a lot of words.

So they really gave the last seven placements in order? I must have missed that statement, but if it's true, I like it! I really thought Devin would place higher, though.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:59 PM

I like Charlie, but I thought that Diamonds song sucked out loud.

gaPeach

gaPeach

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

Glad to see Curtis go. I don't understand the judges love for him I always thought he over sang every song. And Nicki be careful of what you say you just may have to follow through with it.

And maybe Ryan should have asked her if not Curtis then who? I hate when the judges act like the best singer is going home and America got it wrong (this always cracks me up, its not like we all call each other before we vote).

Hope Charlie gets to go on tour. He song was repetitive but I love Charlie so I can over look a lot. He would make the tour much more entertaining!

LoftyHouse

LoftyHouse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

There's nothing to discuss, so I don't get the outrage Nikki has. This isn't trial where a jury is expected to come to a unanimous decision. All Randy has to say is no and its over. Nikki needs to learn some professionalism. She's way too emotional and keeps making it all about herself.

I don't get it. Aren't they supposed to talk during the performance and come to a unanimous decision? I think that's what Ryan said. And if it's not unanimous, then it's a no. Apparently, that's what happened, right?

peggy06

peggy06

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

Knew Curtis was going to go. He doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase. Maybe if he didn't make these tortured faces and writhe every time he sings (even in the group song), he might have picked up a few more fans. Then again, maybe not. He was stuck in an old-fashioned groove.

As is Devin. I remember being shocked that no one called him old-fashioned in the round where he sang "It's Impossible." Is there really a market for that kind of singer today?

Jimmy Iovine is dead on about Paul. He should drop the pretense of being country, and just go for pop. He doesn't come off country in the least - has a very urban look and feel to me.

Of course they weren't going to use the save the first week. (Maybe if it had been Angie, heh heh.) So the sing for your life thing was just offensive. Please, judges, use the save ASAP and put everyone out of their misery.

They sure are pushing for a female winner.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

I don't get it. Aren't they supposed to talk during the performance and come to a unanimous decision? I think that's what Ryan said. And if it's not unanimous, then it's a no. Apparently, that's what happened, right?

It has to be unanimous if the save is used. It doesn't have to be unanimous for the save not to be used. If Randy was the only one to say no (I'm not sure where Keith was on this), then that's enough. I'm also sure Randy represents the producer's wishes.

LoftyHouse

LoftyHouse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:45 PM

It has to be unanimous if the save is used. It doesn't have to be unanimous for the save not to be used. If Randy was the only one to say no (I'm not sure where Keith was on this), then that's enough. I'm also sure Randy represents the producer's wishes.

Right, but Ryan asked Randy to answer on behalf of all the judges, as in "Was the vote unanimous;" not to give his individual vote. That's why Nicki pouted and said she wished they had more time to deliberate.

They sure are pushing for a female winner.

You can say that again. And they're making it so obvious. It's kind of embarrassing.

Edited by LoftyHouse, Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:48 PM.

BogoGog24

BogoGog24

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

Charlie!!!!!!! My sweet little Charlie!!!!! I loved his song, was it the most wow song ever? Was his vocal perfectly on point the entire time? No, but he was more entertaining in 2 minutes than everyone has been for the last 2 fucking weeks. It was his best vocal performance to date and he put so much into that performance, it was very personal. He could make a record TODAY. He looked like more of a star up there than any of them, he didn't even look like he was there for a competition, he just looked like he was performing as a guest. When he walked by his fellow contestants and waved he just looked like a star saying hi to an adoring crowd. I really hope he gets the tour spot but if he doesn't he will do amazing things for sure. If he teams up with a good group of writers and producers he can make a great rock/singer songwriter record, something this industry desperately needs in the midst of all the cookie cutter club pop R&B dance songs. His piano playing is beautiful, better than the guy who screwed up on Devin's song last night.

Aubrey's performance was actually quite enjoyable and beautiful, her best of the season actually. I normally found her boring fodder but I think tonight she actually showed some personality. That being said, I do not think her fanbase is anywhere near as big as Charlegend's and he would be way better for the tour and a load more entertaining, even when he's singing a ballad he still manages to keep people's attention. He is the best damn thing and he knows what's up. That's what an angel sounds like, in case anyone's wondering.

Okay fangirling over Charlegend is over.

Soooo glad Curtis went home. And even more glad the judges didn't waste the save this early. I have the feeling Nicki and Mariah voted yes, but Randy and Keith voted no.

I actually like the new ranking system, it's interesting to see how the voting really panned out. Lazaro at #4 is laughable. Come ON! He was the weakest vocalist last night, even compared to Curtis's off-key performance! Devin needs to be higher, I was worried he'd get the boot.