14-11: 2013.03.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

100 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

It’s down to the final five and the stakes have never been higher. This week, a red line will determine which contestant is going home, and a yellow line will determine which two players America will vote for to determine who the third finalist will be for season 14. But first, the contestants compete for a weigh-in advantage during a “put their weight back on” challenge, pulling all the weight they have lost up a mountain by sled, and then dropping weights incrementally representing how many pounds they lost each week. Kid participants Biingo, Lindsay and Sunny return to the ranch and see just how far they’ve come watching videos of their journeys alongside the trainers, and later get an update from child obesity expert and pediatrician Dr. Joanna Dolgoff on their great progress. The adult contestants also watch emotional highlights of their weight loss journeys and get impressive health updates from Dr. H. Then it’s time for the last weigh-in on the ranch, determining who is sent home and who the final four players are for season 14. Alison Sweeney hosts the series, and trainers Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Dolvett Quince also star.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

Enjoyed all the befores and afters. The results are quite amazing.

The kids did lose weight as well. Good for them.

Initially, did Danni ever have that sagging, or rather, overlapping abdominal skin/fat in the beginning? The reason I ask is that I was under the impression that one can't "lose" that. She looks fantastic.

Edited by ari333, Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:09 PM.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

Go, Danni!!! Man I hope she wins. She has a great attitude and looks amazing. Also, I don't want Jeff to win.

The kids looked great, too. Major props to Noah's mom for losing so many dress sizes.

Why was Bob such a dick to Joe? I'm blaming those stupid glasses.

Initially, did Danni ever have that sagging, or rather, overlapping abdominal skin/fat in the beginning?

I don't think so but honestly can't remember. She has such a great smile and that's usually what has drawn my attention!

Edited by Anacharsis, Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:23 PM.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

I already see the beginnings of the Super Spanx happening. I wish the show was more honest what happens when you stretch your skin out to 3, 4, 500 pounds. The body will make you answer and the hanging skin in real.

Stop prettying it up for the cameras. Show America what really happens when you let yourself slip into obesity. You can't wrap that shit in a nice bow even if you drop all that weight.

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:19 PM

Why was Bob suck a dick to Joe? I'm blaming those stupid glasses.

I know what you meant, but that is a show that couldn't be shown on NBC (hee).

I really want Danni to win. 11 pounds? Wow, that is really impressive--she doesn't look like she has much more to lose. I love the before/after pictures. Does anyone know how tall Jeff is? He lost a ton, but I think it may be more noticeable on Joe and Danni because of the weight loss in their neck areas. Does anyone know if they guys wear spanx at the finale, too?

Edited by gryphon, Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:03 PM.

IzzleZizzle

IzzleZizzle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

Did my ears deceive me, or did Bob Harper actually say that Gina was not a complainer? I'm sorry, Bob - I don't know what show YOU have been participating in this season, but it isn't the show I have been watching....

I fast-forwarded through most of this episode. Maybe I've just been watching this show too long - the speeches bore and irritate me.

Holy crap, Danni slammed it out of the PARK! What the HELL! Who loses 11 lbs in one week when they weigh under 180??

Honestly, I am glad to see Gina eliminated. I am just as glad to see she has lost 100 lbs and is happy in her cougar life.

I'm going to have a tough time picking between Joe and Jackson, to be honest. Jeff is lucky he got one of the two guaranteed spots, because he is still high on my douchebag meter and I would not have voted for him.

Finale next week! HUZZAH.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I already see the beginnings of the Super Spanx happening. I wish the show was more honest what happens when you stretch your skin out to 3, 4, 500 pounds. The body will make you answer and the hanging skin in real.

Stop prettying it up for the cameras. Show America what really happens when you let yourself slip into obesity. You can't wrap that shit in a nice bow even if you drop all that weight.

THIS. This is what I was wondering and you said it better. For example, in 11 weeks, Danni dropped what? 93 pounds? I know genetics and age and muscle play a part, but if she initially had the abdominal hanging thing and literally exercise/dieted it off, then I have to say wow. just. WOW>

I mean there are some tummies that just protrude/stick out. Then there are others that seem to hang over the clothing. I hate to be graphic, but I'm just really wondering what is real ....and realistic.

Edited by ari333, Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:22 PM.

colourfulpoet

colourfulpoet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

I must say I have never been so surprised then I was tonight. I thought for sure that Gina would make it. I know that Joe will win the america's vote but I kind of would like Jackson to have a chance.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

I know what you meant, but this is a show that couldn't be shown on NBC (hee).

Haha. I'm gonna go fix that now . . .

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

Wow, this season went fast. Especially in comparison to last year's Conda clusterfornication.

Danni just looks amazing. I'd give her the prize right now. I could see one of the guys edging her out percentage-wise in the finals, but none of them have made such a dramatic transformation as she has. Jeff and Jackson still have a ways to go, and Joe... I barely remember who he is week to week. Gina did a great job and looks amazing, but lord I lost count of how many times she reminded us that she is "the biggest loser in the house for the last 6 or 7 weeks."

The kids are looking better, and I'm glad their health has improved so much. One of my favorite moments was one of the girls flinging herself into Jackson's arms for a hug. I hope they all make their goals of making the baseball/cheerleader team or fitting into a prom dress!

That awkward, forced Progresso product placement made me cringe. I wish they'd just stick an extra 30 second commercial in there (that's what DVRs are for) and stop making the players and trainers say things like "Oh. My. It. Tastes. Like. Pie. Without. The. Crust. Yum. Yum."

And Bob sobbing over Jeff's progress was just... Strange.

Go Danni!

Edited by Blue Stingray, Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:26 PM.

MrsClaus

MrsClaus

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

I find it so hard to take Bob seriously. Maybe it's the glasses or the knee socks, but even when he's being serious I want to chuckle.

Danni is looking really good. I hope she can pull the numbers to win.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

The glasses and the extra facial hair are majorly aging Bob. (RE: facial hair, liked it on Joe before the makeover Nazis cut it off.)

I think they told Gina beforehand that she was toast so she wouldn't have a colossal meltdown down and cut a bitch.

crzacctgrl

crzacctgrl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

Did my ears deceive me, or did Bob Harper actually say that Gina was not a complainer? I'm sorry, Bob - I don't know what show YOU have been participating in this season, but it isn't the show I have been watching....

Heh. I had a similar thought that he must have been talking about a different Gina as THIS Gina complains non stop!

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

Yeah, Bob. Gina's not a complainer;

And I'm Mary, Queen of Scots.

colourfulpoet

colourfulpoet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:40 PM

Technically Danni can still lose 48 pounds and be within the healthy bmi range of 18.5 to 24.9. Im not saying she should but she could and still be healthy.

colourfulpoet

colourfulpoet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:40 PM

sorry duplicate post.

Edited by colourfulpoet, Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:42 PM.

lavendergirl

lavendergirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

I'll take Danni and Jeff in the finals. At least they were the among the biggest men and women to start the show and they deserve the chance. Totally rooting for Danni for the win.

Holy spanks is right. The before and after photos show all the belly overhang--it's nt easy to lose that extra skin. Bob cracked me up when he said to Joe, "I've seen what is under that shirt and there is a lot of fat to lose." I laughed out loud. Wish they still did shirts off to show what happens from stretched skin.

I will take Joe over Jackson but it could go either way.

Dittohead

Dittohead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

Not that I mind, but it seemed to me that Gina intentionally self-sabotaged this weigh-in. She seemed awfully happy and relieved with her low number. I just have a gut feeling she wouldn't have been able to handle the pressure of competing as one of the final three. Or maybe she was just trying to save face, knowing if she were up for America's vote, she would be humiliated at the finale. I can't say I blame her.

Yes, Danni deserves to win. She's so much like Tara, and Tara was robbed, imo.

Choosing between Joe and Jackson is difficult. Jackson seems to desperately need the approval from the voters for the sake of his self-esteem. Joe, on the other hand, definitely does not. I get the feeling Joe is happy in his own skin, and rightly so. But Joe deserves the vote because he worked so hard and did very well consistently through the season.

Did I miss something, or did Sami tell us what number to call or how to cast our votes? Do we do it online?

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 9:59 PM

Comedy gold: Gina strapped into the insect-face CPAP machine and calling out in a sweet sugary Southern voice: "Goodnight, sweetie!" I'm still laughing.

windy31

windy31

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:01 PM

That awkward, forced Progresso product placement made me cringe. I wish they'd just stick an extra 30 second commercial in there (that's what DVRs are for) and stop making the players and trainers say things like "Oh. My. It. Tastes. Like. Pie. Without. The. Crust. Yum. Yum."

I wouldn't even mind it if they showed the can of soup and then had a pop up text box that read, "100 calories a serving!" "30+ flavors" Something within the show but way less awkward. I don't need the non-actors to talk up soup. It's always so poorly done.

I can't believe Joe isn't married. He seems like a real catch.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

Gina did not complain and I can sell someone the Fort Peck dam.

The thought of Jeff or Jackson winning the whole thing makes me want to puke more than Jackson had. Jeff reminds me of Jeremy (yes, I said that) and Jackson needs to grow a pair.

Bob crying over Jeff. WTF!!! I can see Jeff still living at home or maybe he can get an apartment with Jackson and Biingo.

Another yawn fest...I hope Joe wins the whole thing. Danni is doing well, but she is Jillian's pet project (need I say more.)

Only one more week of the joke of a season.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

I felt bad for Gina when they showed her in that CPAP mask. That has to be terrible to have to sleep like that. Doesn't look comfortable and certainly isn't sexy; and from what they said about the seriousness of apnea, if the person doesn't wear it, then breathing can stop for however many seconds. Bru-tal.

Edited by ari333, Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:12 PM.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

I felt bad for Gina when they showed her in that CPAP mask. That has to be terrible to have to sleep like that. Doesn't look comfortable and certainly isn't sexy; and from what they said about the seriousness of apnea, if the person doesn't wear it, then breathing can stop for however many seconds. Bru-tal.

Something gives me the feeling Gina's hubby didnt mind her having to wear the mask. It probably saved him the trouble of coming up with reasons to not have sexy time with her.

dreamer55

dreamer55

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

You guys, I'm torn!!! Danni and Joe are my two favorites. I want Danni to win, and she's already in the finals, so I kinda wanna let Joe go for the at-home prize, which means I'd have to vote for Jackson. But if Jackson manages to win the whole thing, or Joe loses the at-home, I'd feel guilty.

HALP!

windy31

I can't believe Joe isn't married. He seems like a real catch.

Agreed! I totally have a crush on Joe and I don't even care who knows.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:54 PM

Danni is doing well, but she is Jillian's pet project (need I say more.)

I like her OK, but she does remind me of Tara, whom I couldn't stand.
I've voted for Joe. (Do they keep track of votes? It seemed like I'd done my 10 and they still asked me if I wanted to vote again.)
I'm OK if Jackson wins, but he annoys me by being one of those people who seems to narrate his whole life.

TVQueen

TVQueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:54 PM

Here's the thing Gina. You're not a real gracious Southern lady if you have to tell us what a gracious Southern lady you are. Also, we heard about your foot injury all week and yet never saw a doctor's report or even a limp. And how come if Gina has been the biggest loser for so many weeks she still can't compete in a damn challenge and everyone has to come and help her at the end? Yes, I found Bob's response to Jeff bizarre and embarrassing. I wish Joe had been in the final with Danni because he deserved it so much more than Jeff. I feel bad for Jackson but I'm pretty sure Joe will get the vote.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:06 PM

Meant to add, if I had the power to make any one thing occur at the finale, I'd have Stacy and Clinton appear and drag Bob off, kicking and screaming.

plm75

plm75

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:20 PM

I love Danni and I'm totally rooting for her as she deserves it more than anyone else, but I call shenanigans on her 19 lb. muscle gain. I know a fair bit about muscle gain and 19 lbs. is an unheard of number even for a guy -- in a one year period! This article explains why that is. I get so angry how much misinformation is spread on these shows about training and nutrition, but the dramatics make for more "marketable" television, I guess. I suppose the doctor received his education from the same facility that gave Bob and Jillian their certification.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:21 PM

The amount of muscle Danni put on is amazing. She must have the right body build/metabolism to convert more easily than some folks. I'd love to see her win this thing, but I know the guys have so much more room to move.

The Jeff/Bob sob fest of mutual gratitude came out of nowhere for me. Did I miss that along the way? I thought Jeff was often referred to as a slacker. Could they have shown that pic of him sprawled on the bed, shoveling popcorn in, watching tv a few more times? I don't think I got the complete pitiful effect.

And really show did we need the montage of Jackson barfing in various scenes? We all know he's a puker, reminding us in glorious rewind was unnecessary. Forget upchuck it's upjackson.

What in the name of all the egg white sandwiches in Subway is going on with Dolvett? He barely gets to speak. He didn't get a touching love story like Bob-Jeff or Jill-Danni. No fair. Stupid BL people, you brought us the pretty, generally good attitude trainer man... stop wasting him!

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 12:35 AM

Presumably Gina doesn't have to use the CPAP anymore. One of the reasons some people have sleep apnea is that the fat in their necks keeps them from breathing easily during sleep. If Gina's 145 lbs. now, even being short, she shouldn't be having those problems. It just struck me as a funny scene, like if June Cleaver had suddenly turned into a bug!

Often when people lose a lot of weight, their faces get drawn. If they keep it off for a while, things redistribute and they look fine in a few months. Gina seems to be going through the "drawn face" thing now. I'm eager to see her at the finale, and afterward.

I was actually inspired by this show for the first time in a long time. Good to have the "old" BL back, without the toxicity from the last few seasons. Interesting that they chose to make the season shorter by two months! I wonder if the weight loss "season" was also truncated. If so, I don't think we'll see big dramatic weight losses at the finale. Which is too bad, because that's why I watch the show.