LA Shrinks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

35 replies to this topic

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

That anger management chick has had to be on a ton of things, I've read what you've guys posted but I don't watch those shows and she looks so familiar

I think I saw her in a Miracle Gro commercial.

Fussy Monkey

Fussy Monkey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

Those fatties weren't even that fat. I want to see fatty hater man go to Disney World and stand in line sandwiched between really really big people on their little scooters.

I will admit it, I am kind of addicted to this show. I like Dr V and even though its all so phony, its fun to watch.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:37 PM

Dr V needs to be the resident therapist to the Real Housewives. She stunned Kyle Richards into silence super fast by focusing her laser vision on the BH housewife issues on WWHL. She would be a fantastic reunion commentator.

Dr Greg reminds me of a bunch of not that good therapists I've gone to.

And the other woman needs not to be practicing on other people. She's a mess.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

Just watched the last episode of this season:

I thought the ceremony for Dr Greg & Kevin was very sweet. I was glad his sisters attended and didn't let their dad's presence keep them away. The dad was super creepy and really pushing it with asking sis Melissa (?) for a kiss. He told Greg he would, and he should have, steered clear of his daughters and let them control the amount of contact they wanted to have with him. Kevin seems like a wonderful partner to help Greg down from the cliffs he finds himself on, especially with his family issues.

Eris' hubby still doesn't want a baby. period. It's obvious by what he says, doesn't say and the comments he makes. Her Playboy patient was such a ruse and contrived storyline.

Dr V seems the most grounded, well, on most days. She seems to not have any control over her four boys. They really need to be reined in or they will really be holy terrors in a few years. It doesn't help that she broadcasts to all of them, in the car when she called her dad asking him to come help her with them, that she isn't in charge. And why are children their ages still having nap times?

While I find it interesting that Dr V is seriously considering getting her implants removed, I wonder if she'll take it a step further and give up the botox. While she is very attractive, I find her very odd-looking when she laughs because really the only thing that happens is her lower jaw hangs open and her eyes widen a small degree.

juneaucat

juneaucat

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 7:34 PM

My guess is the dad physically abused the son and sexually abused the daughters. Something was very creepy and off. I felt like I was watching a pedophile.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

My guess is the dad physically abused the son and sexually abused the daughters. Something was very creepy and off. I felt like I was watching a pedophile.

Yes. Exactly my thoughts watching him interact with them, and them avoid him, also. The tall blond daughter could not or would not even look at him. The shorter brunette daughter seemed the 'people pleaser' and clearly wanted to be there for Greg and not cause a ruckus and so gave in to the father's request. What's more the father seemed to know she would.

Then he took advantage. For one thing the body language during that hug was way off. Way too close. If you look at most platonic hugs there is a 'gap' or space between the pelvises of the two people. He pushed her body really close to his, with both hands, smashing her boobs against his chest, her pelvis against his, held it there a long time and then went "Mmmm. This feels good." Just something really really creepy about that. He wanted to kiss her on the mouth after knowing the two sisters were upset about his mere presence? And then he touched her boob and said "you have something there."

I know he later did similar to Greg (and Greg fell for it by the way; the old 'look down here oh now I can tap you on the face' gag) but more on Greg's shoulder and it didn't have the same vibe. At the very least their father has a serious issue with respecting other people's boundaries and picking up on their discomfort. I felt like I could see the sisters' skin crawling. I also felt Greg did a very poor job looking out for his two sisters, keeping them away from the dad, running interference or having someone else do it - maybe part of the wedding planner team for instance, or a neutral friend.

I like Greg a lot, and Dr V is okay but Eris? I hated how she was mocking her client behind the client's back. She has some serious counter transference issues there. She should be in her own counseling sessions to deal with that but she'd have to realize it first. Also she outright screeched at her client and bullied her about her appearance. Physician heal thyself.

I did feel compassion for Eris when she told her plastic surgery story. I do want to hear the surgeon's side of it, but why would a surgeon ever use lipo on a breast? That had to be horrific and traumatic. Even waking up during surgery was bad enough but to hear how he was vacuuming her boob away, made him sound like a sadistic madman.

The guy with the serious issue about "fat people?" They taught him nothing. No one told him about the medical reasons or why starving oneself is counter productive, let alone told him why it's wrong to bully people about it. I think Greg might actually be so empathetic (I'm not sure) he stops himself criticizing anyone, and sometimes, a little of that as instruction might be needed.