LA Shrinks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

35 replies to this topic

TheBombDotCom

TheBombDotCom

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:08 AM

I can't believe there is no thread for this disaster of a show. Well...here it is.

Elliot52

Elliot52

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 2:41 PM

I am with you, a huge diaster. Took it off my copy list.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 3:33 PM

I agree guys. Is this show about LA Shrinks or LA Sex Shrinks....I'm watching it now and all I hear is sex, how big is his dick, I need to be touched six to eight times a day, we "pounded" all day..........I'm done.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:25 PM

It felt contrived, but I do like Dr.V.

Dee Clutter

Dee Clutter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

The male doctor looks like Jeff Lewis. I'd love to see him and Jeff on WWHL together UNLESS of course ... dum-dum-dum-DAH ... they're the same person!

TVLady

TVLady

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 6:34 PM

The chick/patient with the anger management problem? I feel like I've seen her before on another TV show but I can't place her......

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

It felt contrived, but I do like Dr.V.

I like her too, especially when she said authority figures mess sex up for people. That patient of Dr. V was a real nutjob.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:22 AM

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM #6
The chick/patient with the anger management problem? I feel like I've seen her before on another TV show but I can't place her......

She had to be the worst reality show actress I have ever seen. Then again, the woman who said she has to be touched X amount of times per day was pretty bad too.

I kind of chuckled at the shrink who wanted some fuck times with her disinterested husband as she puts on a garish outfit and gaudy earings. She is an attractive woman but made herself look like the middle-aged woman from Cathouse who never gets picked.

Dr. V seems way too into herself. Really, she was dispensing advice to neighborhood women when she was just a tot? I think she's probably the biggest ball of crazy of the bunch. Hot though

peaceknit

peaceknit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 2:48 AM

The anger management chick...wasn't she on Millionaire Matchmaker?

QueenBee59

QueenBee59

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 5:58 AM

Yes, that woman was on Millionaire Matchmaker! This show is awful!! I am getting really tired of seeing all these fake ass recycled Bravo peeps, ugh. And yes, that gay shrink is a ringer for Jeff Lewis!!

Pepperminty4132

Pepperminty4132

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 8:12 AM

Agree. This show is HORRIBLE. Between this and Vanderpump rules (also wretched) I'm wondering what's going on at Bravo.

kayobe

kayobe

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

This was so bad I actually enjoyed it. Though I do wonder what's going on at Bravo. So many shows all popping up at once. Feels like they are tossing things at the wall to see what sticks. I too recognized the angry woman from somewhere. It's those teeth! Scary. I have only seen Millionaire Matchmaker a few times (can't stand Patty) so maybe the angry woman is making the reality tv rounds. There should be an imdb just for reality 'stars'.

TVLady

TVLady

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:52 AM

The anger management chick...wasn't she on Millionaire Matchmaker?

Aha! I knew I'd seen her before. Does anybody know her REAL name? I couldn't find anything out about the "patients" on IMDb or Bravotv.com.

canaanite2

canaanite2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 10:15 AM

I only saw a couple of clips of this on The Soup and Best Week Ever and immediately knew it was completely fake. I was just wondering if it's presented in a way that the audience is supposed to know it's fake. Is it a parody or are we supposed to believe this is real? Either way this looks like some Tru TV sloppy seconds that Bravo took home in a state of inebriation. Those clips didn't make me want to watch even one more minute of it.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

I kind of loved it. I would compare it more to Million Dollar Decorators than Vanderpump Rules.

I need to watch again because I was a little hypnotized by Dr Greg's white kabuki makeup and his orange neck and I'm sure I missed a lot.

TheBombDotCom

TheBombDotCom

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 10:33 AM

This show really does a disservice to true mental health professionals and people who suffer from mental illness.

The scene that really screamed "fake" to me was when Dr. V lit her cig and then walked out of the room and closed the door behind her in such a dramatic fashion.

MinneApplePie

MinneApplePie

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

I saw angry patient on an episode of "My Shopping Addiction." Her name was Elizabeth, she had a son away at college, and she was shopping her way through his tuition. So phony!

suzeecat

suzeecat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 1:37 PM

Seriously. Is there really a product called "Clitty Litter"? Seriously? I understand the need but this can't possibly work. Can it?

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

I kind of love Dr V, but that other woman shrink needs to get a show with the red-haired girl from Mis-Advised. Some show about whining and being self-involved. Her husband is not interested in making a baby.

313Mary

313Mary

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

That anger management chick has had to be on a ton of things, I've read what you've guys posted but I don't watch those shows and she looks so familiar

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 2:31 AM

One episode is all I could take of this fake crap.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 3:23 AM

I kind of love Dr V, but that other woman shrink needs to get a show with the red-haired girl from Mis-Advised.

You are onto something! The only version of this show that would make any sense is to have the Miss Advised "girls" working with each therapist. That could go nowhere for a very long time...

I feel that Bravo should be forced to show something like "In Treatment" just for educational purposes, in case someone thinks this is really what it's all about.

Dallance

Dallance

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 4:10 AM

Dr. V is giving me a major Sex & the City Samantha vibe. I like her.

hermannmem

hermannmem

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

What I wonder is how long that interracial couple has been married. The horny black chick ought to know the one way guaranteed NOT to get sex from a man is to nag about it. Performance anxiety is not sexy.

Edited by hermannmem, Mar 15, 2013 @ 2:29 PM.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 10:26 AM

I love Dr. V, and I think she's very pretty, but she looks the same age as her dad.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

I would just like to thank this show for doing so much to rehabilitate California's image as the land of superficial narcissistic navel gazing spoiled self centered vapid land of plastic surgery addicts. Much appreciated.

realityremote

realityremote

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

Her husband is not interested in making a baby.

He looks familiar too (i think he's an actor) and he's setting off my gaydar big time.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 3:57 AM

Her husband is not interested in making a baby.

He looks familiar too (i think he's an actor) and he's setting off my gaydar big time.

I was thinking he might not be into her, and then the whole couples' therapy scene happened and there was a whole lot going on apparently that had nothing to do two full episodes of "we haven't had sex in 6 months" or whatever. Also, I was confused by both of them saying they had last been intimate the night prior to meeting the "sex therapist" and then both rating it a zero--um, what am I missing, were they both in the same place at the same time? That said, he does not seem into the notion of a baby at all. I can't recall all of their backstory, but haven't they been together for some time, like 12 years or so? I can't imagine the topic wouldn't have been addressed from the beginning, especially by two Jungian-based therapists, though, true psychoanalysts can talk around things for decades. She was just on the Jeff Probst talk show though and definitely was not pregnant, so I don't think that's happened.

I love Dr. V, and I think she's very pretty, but she looks the same age as her dad.

I'm still waiting on an explanation for this! I mean, I would have assumed she looked older than her years due to the tweaking, but she's said she was on a pharmacological nightmare for 20 years which started in her late teens, so I can't get the numbers to crunch. Her dad seemed pretty funny actually, but her home life is somewhat confusing to me. I noticed she looked like she'd cut down on her injectibles on the Probst show too, and she looked a bit younger because of it. Clearly though she does not have the same issues with cosmetic procedures/injections as she has with psych meds--ha!

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:36 AM

The convo about boob implants with her dad was strange particularly his comment to the husband "tell her no tits..." Seems rather icky.

Otto8

Otto8

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:51 AM

So the doc thinks it's a good idea to bring the fatty hater to a fat camp and sit among fat women? Why not fat men? Did the doc give 2 shits as to what this might do the women's self esteem. Distasteful.