Married to Medicine: There ARE REAL Doctors in Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

412 replies to this topic

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:17 AM

This fight was more epic than I thought it would be, particularly because Lucy was egging it on with her hood antics. That is one hoodrat ass AARP eligible broad. Who sanctions, encourages, and then applauds their grown daughter fighting someone while in formal attire at a party? I can't.

Also, even though it's random... I was happy to hear someone reference the cell phone being at the bottom of the pool, cause that's the first thing I thought of when I saw Mariah's purse go flying toward the direction of the pool.

And all this "she lives..." bullshit is so annoying.

It is so annoying I can't take it. Mariah and Quad seem to love referring to themselves in the third person and everything is "Yes, honey! She's here/fierce/lives/has on heels/etc.!" Please stop.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:29 AM

WTH, WTH, WTH. Mariah is straight up a fool and her crazy mother is a bigger fool. Hitting Toya on the head while she was down was a punk move and who gives their grown child kudos for fighting at a party? Not only is the mother crass but she's also ugly...within and without. The reasons they were mad at Toya could have waited and discussed the next day.

I don't see how Mariah snagged a doctor with her loud talking and speaking about herself in the third person all the time. I don't know how real that fight was but I was embarrassed just watching the fiasco on TV. Kari was mortified and in this case I can't blame her.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:30 AM

Well... still watching so far. Now that I'm starting to get a grasp on names and personalities, my own opinions of them are forming rather rapidly.

For the most part there's something I can find to both like and dislike on just about all of them, the clearest exceptions being Dr. Simone, who I completely like, and Toya, who I can not stand at all. I really have no use for Kari either, but sadly I am a sick sucker for a British accent, so somehow that buys enough good grace that I'm not rolling my eyes and sucking my teeth every time she comes on screen. Most times, but not all the time. She may be able to redeem herself just a bit if that promo wasn't being deliberately misleading and she calls Toya out on her part in ruining her party.

I may not like the way Dr. Jackie goes about some things, but I take back saying I don't like her. No, I don't think I could ever be friends with her because I don't like being around pople I feel talk down to me, but I do respect her and maybe even admire her on some level, and I sympathize with what she's endured and overcome. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be an OB/GYN and lose your fertility.

I don't like people who dress their dogs, and I tend to have limited patience with those who subscribe to the "my dog is my baby" logic... but damn if Quad's dogs and their little outfits weren't all kinds of adorable. I always wanted a toy yorkie, its my favorite dog (and I don't even like dogs, personally, because I'm afraid of them in general) and oh my giddyod Quad's yorkie in those overalls melted my cold, shriveled black heart... well, maybe just thawed it a little bit.

Mariah can stop talking in the third person at any time, and "what's the tea, hunty" can't go away fast enough to suit me. It was beyond tacky to show up late to your own party, but I'm also willing to give her the benefit of the doubt in that she knows that Kari and Toya are thick as thieves and there was no chance that Toya wasn't going to be there given the location. After hearing about Toya publicly discussing something so personal told to her in confidence as a friend, I wouldn't trust myself to be around her either. Me personally, I probably would have gone to the party early so I could pop her in the mouth the second she walked int he door... I get that's not the "right" thing to do, but I'm sure it would have felt right in the heat of the moment.

I'm not entirely certain, but from the stills shown on WWHL it sure looked to me like Toya lost a patch or two of hair. Maybe that's why she's rocking those pinup curls in her talking heads. Disguise that bald spot Mariah gifted her with. Heh. That would amuse me a lot. I just... really don't like her. Every time she opens her mouth I dislike her even more. I just can't with her, I don't think there's anything she could possibly do that would raise my opinion of her short of... damn, I don't even know. She should have just left Mariah alone instead of making a point of confronting her. Kari should have put her ass right out there on the porch with Mariah if that's the route she was going to take. Mariah wasn't fighting by herself, and she didn't walk up Toya either. Judging from the promo she doesn't seem to be willing to own up to her part in things in any way, like Mariah just lost her mind and decided to start wacking away. her crying in the bathroom saying that Mariah flipping her hair counts as throwing the first punch... girl, bye.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:04 AM

She may be able to redeem herself just a bit if that promo wasn't being deliberately misleading and she calls Toya out on her part in ruining her party.

Sadly, I'm almost sure Kari was speaking to Toya but referring to Mariah. You know how they do when they're retelling a story and speak as if they are speaking to the person the story is about. Bravo editors are known for piecing together promos that are flat out lies.

Edited by swankie, Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:06 AM.

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 6:48 AM

OK, I had to drop everything & stay up late (for me) to watch this & thank you baby jesus I did!!! I giggled for hours & still have a smile on my face. IMO, the reason Mariah et al. were so very late is bc she was high on something (or maybe just drunk) and they were driving around to give her time to come down. Obviously 2 hours wasn't enough.
There may not be any missing hair clumps, but those do's were shot. I kept hearing Mariah's husb (?) yelling 'let go of her hair' - clearly that's what they were both going for.
I can't stand Kari. So stiff & her face is too. That makeup & lipstick were not kind to her. I do feel bad that her party went so wrong.
Miss Lucy. Damn.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

The husbands, I can't see how they can recover now that their wives have shown their asses on national TV.

I felt awful for Mariah's husband. He truly looked gutted. When he apologized to Kari's husband, his face...man. And Mariah's face when she said Aiden is so mad at her - she looked scared. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't recovered fully from this. Kari's husband looked livid, too. What a mess. I hope she kindly sent both Mariah and Toya invoices for breaking the lamps, drinking glasses, and table.

Mariah said that Kari should have kicked Toya out, but upon watching the scene, Mariah started it. She was the first to put her hands on Toya's hair, flipping up the ends. So yeah, her ass should have gotten kicked out - even her guests were appalled enough that they bounced the first second they could. Mariah claims that Kari showed out twice at her parties, but Kari never once put her hands on anyone. Mariah got on my nerves when she said 'that's how they do when they get your coins' when she found out she was being kicked out - what a complete lack of self-awareness. She fucked up the entire flow of the party by confronting Toya to begin with. Based on what I saw of the party attendants, none of them are used to seeing this bird behavior and they all had 'wtf' expressions on their faces.

And I have to say, Mariah's mother is a bird, too. Reminds me of Lil Scrappy's mama from Love and Hip Hop. Two idiot birds.

Toya, Mariah or both should have -- would have -- lost some hair, I mean their REAL hair, if the fight had really been real.

I really think it's as simple as these ladies are not used to scrapping. LOL! All they knew to do was grab each other's hair...Toya tried to land punches, but they were completely uncoordinated.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 8:26 AM

What the heck did Toya say about Mariah's daughter?

Also, Toya didn't have to hit Mariah just because Mariah put her hands in her hair? That's what two year olds do, "don't touch my hair."

Maybe Toya was afraid the weave would fly off, BTW, why was Toya wearing a nightgown to the party?

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

Interestingly enough, Toya put her hands on Mariah's hair first when she walked over and interrupted Mariah's conversation with the guests.

Overall it was a disappointing mess. There were no winners in that situation at all. I've had emotions ranging from mad to throughly entertained when thinking about Reality TV fights of yesteryear, but this one just left me disappointed and saddened.

Quad's husband did the right thing by restraining her.

Interestingly enough, Toya put her hands on Mariah's hair first when she walked over and interrupted Mariah's conversation with the guests.

Overall it was a disappointing mess. There were no winners in that situation at all. I've had emotions ranging from mad to throughly entertained when thinking about Reality TV fights of yesteryear, but this one just left me disappointed and saddened.

Quad's husband did the right thing by restraining her.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

I forgot about that, but based on what I can remember, Toya touched her gently. She should have kept her hands to herself, but it wasn't as aggressive. Either way, Mariah escalated it by flipping Toya's hair and grabbing Toya's arm forcefully when Toya tried to move away. Both ladies had opportunities to walk away or to call for help, and neither did so.

Edited by PharmGal10, Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:24 AM.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:19 AM

1) I thought Quad noticed the fight right away and went over to break it up. She just couldn't manage it, and got pulled over into it...on top of them both.
I also thought the men went over as soon as they realized what was happening.
They also tried to break it up -- and it just took a while because Toya and Mariah were so tangled up and wouldn't let go.

(Mariah started it. By putting hair hands in Toya's hair while talking to her. And TWICE Toya lightly brushed it off. Then the pushing/brushing off escalated, until Mariah hit first)

All I know is when there's a REAL fight and people are SERIOUS -- there are some serious black eyes, scratches, and there could be some teeth and hair missing.
I'm not saying they'd need to go to the hospital -- but you'd sure see a lot more damage than we saw last night.
That was a NICE fight....
----------------

2) Is it possible or conceivable that Kari did NOT know what she was getting into with being on this show?

Also the manipulation of how this Toya/Mariah argument got started is sooo suspect. I mean really....Toya talking at the hair salon about Mariah's daughter? That day? Really?
-----------------

3) Was Mariah's 'we got lost' excuse just an out-and-out dis -- or was is really supposed to be a reason she was late? If she and Kari are such good friends, she must have been to her house before. How do you get lost going to the house of a friend you've had for years? And uh -- supposedly has been to many times before?

Edited by selhars, Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:29 AM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:21 AM

I don't know but someone putting their hands in my hair wouldn't make me want to fight them; it did when I was ten but that was eons ago. I think Mariah and Toya both have zero class and and I can't stand to look at Kari because she looks like a "don't" ad for plastic surgery.

poeticlicenced

poeticlicenced

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

I can officially say that the only person I like on this show is Dr Simone. That party was such a trainwreck even before the fight. Kari, Mariah and Toya need to get over themselves. I loved each woman's interpretation on back tie attire. Mariah with her prom dress straight from the JCPenney collection to Mariah and her fur stole to Mama Lucy in hot pink nightmare to Quad in pageant princess dress, it was hysterical. The only person who was dressed appropriately was Dr Simone. Plus, they were all so close to the pool, even before the fight, I was just waiting for someone to fall in.

The fight looked straight up ghetto with two women holding on to each other weaves while mama hit the girl upside the head with her silver purse.

Oh and the dancers! We never did get to see the real cake, if there even was one. It was so obvious that the "wrong cake" drama was manufactured.

313Mary

313Mary

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

Oh my gosh, this show got my nerves all in a bunch! What is wrong with these women, and the old mother in the ill fitting gown?! That was some crazy violent behavior and the way they acted after it didn't seem like the first time they behaved that way.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:54 AM

Plus, they were all so close to the pool, even before the fight, I was just waiting for someone to fall in.

There was a point during the fight where I was 99% sure that Toya was trying to angle Mariah's body towards the pool, but she wasn't strong enough to make it happen.

vanillasky

vanillasky

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:15 AM

I don't condone the fight, but I understand it.

Toya shouldn't have spread Mariah's family business. Don't ever talk about a mother's child in any way, whether it's true or not.

Don't talk to said person about her mother in a disrespectful way.

Don't throw a drink in said person's face.

Mariah was wrong for not helping with the party and not showing up on time. That's is just dumb.

Kari should've thrown out both Toya and Mariah.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

I wonder if she did eventually ask Toya to leave but we didn't see it? Toya was locked in the bathroom with Dr. Simone trying to pull herself together so maybe she was overlooked.

That said, I got a kick out of the woman who attempted to use that bathroom then scurried away after she heard the noise from inside.

Edited by prmami, Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:21 AM.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

I'm onboard with whoever said upthread that Mariah seemed drunk and/or high when she arrived. I'm sure that only escalated the situation that much faster. She seemed a little more... loose and chatty than normal (and she's already chatty).

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

I got a kick out of the woman who attempted to use that bathroom then scurried away after she heard the noise from inside.

that and Dr. Simone's reaction during and talking heads afterward....hysterical.

The woman who scurried from the bathroom door had a reaction that was like..."oh. shit. I'm not getting involved in that." I wonder was she a 'real guest' or a friend of a staffer hired to be an extra for the party.

Edited by selhars, Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:07 AM.

WhitleyGilbert

WhitleyGilbert

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:01 PM

She fucked up the entire flow of the party by confronting Toya to begin with. Based on what I saw of the party attendants, none of them are used to seeing this bird behavior and they all had 'wtf' expressions on their faces.

Toya confronted Mariah. I blame the entire situation on her. For gossiping about Mariah's child in the first place and then stirring the pot by telling everyone who would listen about Mariah's mother. If Mariah wanted to start some mess, she would have went to Toya personally. I'm not team Mariah after this, but it says a lot about her that she exercised some restraint and avoided Toya. And then Toya brashly comes over to Mariah while she has guests. Not even having the decency to excuse the two of them so they can discuss the situation in private. She is complete TRASH!

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:23 PM

But what did Toya say about Mariah's daughter. That's uncalled for. I can imagine any mother getting defensive about that; Toya's just stupid trash for talking about someone's child.

I hated that everybody was in gowns and Toya had on a mini that did not do her any favors; she looked like she had on a nightgown, and then when the fight started and she fell backwards, the dress looked like it was around her waist, gross.

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:47 PM

That was some good tv right there! I loved it. My girl could not look any worse and I noticed her vocabulary certainly changed after the fight. I kept screaming at the tv, "You need to keep your mother at home!"

What is said at the salon, stays at the salon? No?

Boston Kate

Boston Kate

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:14 PM

Seems to me that Mariah is not the tough girl she tries to portray. She needed some false courage in the form of alcohol, or maybe drugs, to take on Toya. And the mother, she's thinks she's so tough too, but all she did was poke at Toya, when she first arrived. People with actual courage and toughness, would have called Toya on the phone, or gone to see her in person and laid her out in lavender, before the party. Instead, they just poked at Toya, without letting her know what was behind it, hoping to provoke her into bringing things to a head. I can't understand how well-educated men ever got involved with Mariah, Toya and the one married to the psychiatrist. There's no sex that's THAT good. I love Jackie and Simone.

Edited by Boston Kate, Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:16 PM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

So my question is, did Toya spread rumors about Mariah's daughter? If she did, did she think that Mariah was going to let that go? Toya has zero class, I don't get why any man would marry a woman who spread rumors about a child; to me that's hitting below the belt.

chamuska

chamuska

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:33 PM

Mariah told Toya that her daughter was not her husband's biological daughter. He did adopt her. I guess not everyone knows. And so, Toya told the ladies at the salon. So RHOBH - Adrienne..

If you don't want this stuff to get out, don't tell ANYONE.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

(Mariah started it. By putting hair hands in Toya's hair while talking to her. And TWICE Toya lightly brushed it off. Then the pushing/brushing off escalated, until Mariah hit first)

But didn't Toya throw water or some liquid at Mariah which led Mariah to punch her?

She fucked up the entire flow of the party by confronting Toya to begin with. Based on what I saw of the party attendants, none of them are used to seeing this bird behavior and they all had 'wtf' expressions on their faces.

Toya confronted Mariah. I blame the entire situation on her. For gossiping about Mariah's child in the first place and then stirring the pot by telling everyone who would listen about Mariah's mother. If Mariah wanted to start some mess, she would have went to Toya personally. I'm not team Mariah after this, but it says a lot about her that she exercised some restraint and avoided Toya. And then Toya brashly comes over to Mariah while she has guests. Not even having the decency to excuse the two of them so they can discuss the situation in private. She is complete TRASH!

Agree with all of this. Mariah was wrong for letting things escalate like that. It was definitely the wrong time and place. But Toya was doing the absolute most with the very least by confronting Mariah then and there. It was ridiculous.

(It doesn't help that I dislike Toya the most out of all of them so am not mad at Mariah at all, despite the fact that Mariah was wrong as fuck).

I hope that this is the last episode in which I'm here for Kari. It was too much. I sided with her about the cake, about Mariah not helping prepare, and her mortification at the foolery and fuckery that took place at her home. Ugh. I need to go back to disliking Kari next week.

So my question is, did Toya spread rumors about Mariah's daughter? If she did, did she think that Mariah was going to let that go?

So it appears that Toya was telling people that Lauren, Mariah's oldest daughter, is not Aydin's and that he adopted her. Now, it's a fact, however, Mariah told her that in confidence. Mariah was also mad at the possibility of it getting to Lauren when Lauren doesn't even know the particulars.

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 1:40 PM

Also Mariah's daughter does not know that Aydin is not her biological father, they haven't told her yet.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

If Toya said that about Mariah's daughter, then Toya is lower than pond scum; to me Toya is ugly both inside and outside; and I was wishing her weave would have ended up in the pool, THAT would have been great TV.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:32 PM

So my question is, did Toya spread rumors about Mariah's daughter? If she did, did she think that Mariah was going to let that go?

In Toya's blog, she says this...

Mariah's venomous overreaction to hearsay and gossip from a salon is not only absurd, but also illegal. You can not assault people for what you "think" they might have said. This speaks volumes to Mariah's character. As professionals we need to hold ourselves in a higher regard than the common street thug that runs rapid within society. Unfortunately, I was forced to defend myself in this situation when I was attacked. As for Lake scurrying to tell Mariah her juicy gossip that she concocted, I will get that to very soon.

Not to be nitpicky, but instead of "runs rapid," I think she meant "runs rampant." Either way, shouldn't try to floss vocabulary you aren't really familiar with.

I'd be angry if someone let that out about my child, however, wth are you doing on TV and not expecting this to come out?

That's what I couldn't understand. People going on reality tv with all of these deep, dark, unexposed family secrets slay me. Either clear the air before you sign up, or prepare yourself to be outed.

Edited by OaklandGirl, Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:34 PM.

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:32 PM

I'd be angry if someone let that out about my child, however, wth are you doing on TV and not expecting this to come out?

The fight was disgusting, the guests were genuinely horrified and I could really read some minds through those faces.

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:28 PM

I agree with Mariah should not be on tv with a secret. I would like to go one further and ask why this is a secret. Do they hide the date of their wedding? Surely Lauren was born prior to the wedding. Is Lauren not in any of the wedding photos? The whole thing just stinks of someone (I'm looking at you Mariah) trying to reinvent their whole life. No good can come from this secret. Why wouldn't they just bring her up knowing Ayden "chose" her and her mom? Stupid, utterly stupid!