22-11: "The Women Tell All" 2013.03.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

216 replies to this topic

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:59 AM

I think Sean's eyes going back and forth is like when you are searching your mind for something you can't remember.

Maybe so, but I was struck by how his face went blank as he did it which, imo, is a lying reflex--you immediately start thinking and try not to have your expression give you away.

Biggest reason I thought AshLee was telling him the truth (and politely leaving out the context of "a line to lead to intimacy") was because he didn't react with surprise. If someone is making up things you said, it would be natural to be surprised at what you're hearing. He was furtive (imo) and impassive but ... not surprised.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 7:26 AM

I saw a body language expert on TV once who said that when we're inventing something, be it lie or short story, we look up and to the side to access our creative bits, and down and to the side to remember. I tested Hubs by asking what he had for lunch (down and to the side) and what does he want for dinner (up and to the side.) So I tend to think Sean was just checking his memory for anything she might have misconstrued as, "I don't think about the other girls."

OTOH I've often had people say to me, "You should have seen your face!" thinking I was shocked over something when I had missed it completely and had no idea what they were talking about. Basically, I don't put a lot of stock in body language. My main reason for believing Sean is that he does seem to place a ton of his self-image on "being a gentleman" so I think he's been more careful than most about what he says. He seems to be under the mistaken impression that, "I'm crazy about you!," means the same thing as, "I think you're adorable!" but other than that I don't think he's been all that misleading.

So who will he choose? They're both fun-loving girls but I don't equate playfulness with immaturity and, at least, they weren't either one seen gossiping about the other women. I also find them sort of equal in looks. I think if I was Sean's mother I would be more in favor of Lindsay just because she seems slightly more into Sean. Unless she started baby talking in front of the family, in which case, it's all off.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 12:15 PM

My main reason for believing Sean is that he does seem to place a ton of his self-image on "being a gentleman" so I think he's been more careful than most about what he says. He seems to be under the mistaken impression that, "I'm crazy about you!," means the same thing as, "I think you're adorable!" but other than that I don't think he's been all that misleading.

My main reason for not believing him (other than what I saw as a total lack of surprise at AshLee's accusation) isn't that different. I think his image is extremely important to him and it was important that each woman be very invested in the relationship and continue to believe she was "the One" until HE could dump HER. I don't think he would want to risk them seeming over him prematurely (for the show) even if he clearly knew his final pick.

I think the lack of cameras in the FS gave him the chance to say whatever he felt met his needs at that moment, without concern he'd be caught. Worse case scenario would be what we saw: a "he said, she said" unresolvable difference.

Of course, if the rejected F2 confirms that he said exactly the same thing to her (and AshLee's calm "I'm so over you" demeanor made me think she and F2 may have already compared notes about the Fantasy Suite and decided he's a player whom they're well rid of), he's going to have a lot of 'splaining to do!

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 7:39 AM

I think Sean's eyes going back and forth is like when you are searching your mind for something you can't remember.

Ha, it's nice to know that Sean finds everything he says as forgettable as the viewers do!

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 8:45 AM

Of course body language varies from person to person, but the face Sean makes is what I'd make if asked when my last physical was, or some other totally NON-loaded question. On occasions when I'm "accused" of something benign, I'll squint and make a "What are you TALKING about?" face. Here's my point stated much more clearly:

Liars will never admit they're liars, I mean, they are liars, so the only real way to decipher whether they're lying is by paying close attention to their denial. The first GRTFL Top 5 this week is The Top 5 Ways That You Could Tell Sean Was Lying listed from “That wouldn’t hold up in court” to “Why doesn’t he just own it at this point and turn into a heel like Hulk Hogan did?":
5. His face: He never once gave her the scrunched up “What kind of bullshit is that?” face. People that tell the truth and good liars will give you this face 100 times out of 100.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:43 AM

Quote: "I find it interesting that the finale is next week, and no one is talking about Catherine and Lindsay. Normally around this time, we'd be having "friendly" discussions about who will win and who should win. This season, no one seems to care."

They haven't done this for the last few years, ever since fairly accurate spoiler info has been provided by Reality Steve et al. I can bet you every eliminated contestant has read those spoilers, so their "guesses" wouldn't be guesses. I mean, if you were one of the contestants, wouldn't you read RS if for no other reason than to see if he got things right??

sioux21

sioux21

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 6:48 PM

What, no show from the chick who wanted to live out her 50 Shades of Grey fantasy with Sean? Not even a mention of how funny that was?