22-3: "Like James Bond Again" 2013.03.03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

157 replies to this topic

morethanfine

morethanfine

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 6:15 AM

Team Hockey won me over with their impression of evil John's smile and the reference to Orcs when they went the wrong way to Mount Hutt Ski Area. "A little creepy up here... Might run into an Orc" I also enjoyed watching the country girls trying to figure out that they were supposed to grab number 7 for the jet boat tour but walking away from the board, only to realize and grab the number right as the Hockey guys came.

Loved watching Dave practically run on the boot. I believe they will continue to race. They are inspiring, no matter how many times they refer to cancer. A lot of people would have given up with a torn Achilles Tendon.

Way Wes Jr

Way Wes Jr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 4:25 PM

Well Joey's recap is up, and he seems pretty dialed down. He explains the James Bond reference (he and/or Meghan had mentioned it during the Jet Ski trip,) and gives some insight into the airport/ticket buying process. [Meghan made it onto the 5:00 (first) flight via standby, but Joey didn't - so, no such luck.]

Joey, Meghan, Mona, Beth, Jessica, and John went to a hotel in (Papeete (sp?)) during the 18hr wait for the flight to New Zealand in order to get directions to the bridge outside of Christchurch, and apparently Max and Katie invited themselves along, so good use of downtime.

They (and many others) got lost due to the self direction, so, not so good.

The "alliance" is mostly for airport/travel stuff, theoretically.

jeromycraig

jeromycraig

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:10 PM

I think the wisest use of the second Express Pass would be to "lose it" or throw it in the garbage on purpose. Why aid a competitor? Did the rules state that you HAVE TO give it to another team? Maybe they did, but if not-- don't.

Yes. The rules stated they had to give it to another team within the first four legs.

I've watched some of their respective channel videos and while I think Joey is kind of annoyingly gleeful at times it's not really a put on for TAR.

Right. It's also a put on for YouTube.

Edited by jeromycraig, Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:14 PM.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:26 PM

I've watched some of their respective channel videos and while I think Joey is kind of annoyingly gleeful at times it's not really a put on for TAR.

Right. It's also a put on for YouTube.

I don't care if it's a put on for TAR or YouTube or if that's how he is all the time. I still find it annoying.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 6:18 AM

I assumed the teams were fishing in a stocked area. There's no way in hell they could have a race where people were fishing for large fish in a wild area. Fishing is just too hit-or-miss to do that. The editing sleight-of-hand was still off-putting.

The "I'm John Wayne's grand-daughter" comment seemed like the sort of back-story biography dump that usually precedes an elimination.

She said, "My grandfather's name is John Wayne, so they call him Duke." To me, that sounded like her grandfather was named in honor of the actor, so his friends and family used Duke as a nickname. I don't think it was meant to indicate that her grandfather was the John Wayne.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 8:23 AM

She said, "My grandfather's name is John Wayne, so they call him Duke." To me, that sounded like her grandfather was named in honor of the actor, so his friends and family used Duke as a nickname. I don't think it was meant to indicate that her grandfather was the John Wayne.

She is the granddaughter, actually, she's one of the stunt casts.

Amazing race includes John Wayne's granddaughter

molshoop

molshoop

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

I think her grandfather used the nickname Duke because his real name was Marion.

Way Wes Jr

Way Wes Jr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:16 PM

Meghan's recap is up, and she doesn't add any new information over that of Joey's. (Though a slightly different perspective.)

She does mention the two of the planning in order to make sure they split the Roadblocks. So that one team member wouldn't be forced into doing all the reat at the end. I wonder if she's sneaking spoilers past the goalie (Dave/Connor, Chuck/Wynonna)