Andy Dick: Please Don't Have a Wardrobe Malfunction

• Please log in to reply

87 replies to this topic

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

Which reminds me of another fun factoid about him: He came out at about the same time that Ellen DeGeneres did, except that he declared himself bisexual, rather than gay. Way to represent the GLBT community there, Andy!

I have a lot of problems with Andy Dick, but I don't see how him being bisexual, rather than gay, is a problem. Bisexual is a legitimate sexuality. In fact, that's what the B in "GLBT" represents. His long list of sexually aggressive behavior has been toward both men and women, so I doubt he's pretending to be bisexual.

Last night was the first episode I saw. He seemed very earnest, but he is also an actor who made his name playing a character who was very sweet and earnest.

Gardencrown

Gardencrown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

He seemed very earnest, but he is also an actor who made his name playing a character who was very sweet and earnest.

This is a very good point. But I have to say that he is, in no way, pinging my bullshit meter. I think that he is legitimately this broken, this raw. I think that Bruno was right (jeebus did I just type that?) that Andy is fragile. He reminds me a bit of David Arquette in that way, though David had more of that frenetic nervous fragile thing going on than Andy does. And David was frankly more talented. I guess what keeps winning me to Andy is that he seems to take responsibility for the fact that his addiction fucked him up and hurt the people in his life. And dammit, he's enjoying himself, and that can go a long way. Major, major props to Sharna for helping Andy frame this experience in a positive healing way.

I can only imagine that some of the darkness that lingers will always linger -- I don't think you can go the places he has gone addiction-wise and not have a level of sadness, loss, etc. But it seems like dancing on this show, perhaps having a chance to revive his career, which he flat-out admits he does not deserve, may lift some of that heavy cloak for him.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 1:51 PM

I feel like he at least should have gotten an 8 from Carrie Ann. I mean, he made her cry.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Re: above video. That Sharna is one amazing person. What an honest and empathetic human being. Andy really lucked out there, even though having a new pro is rarely a lucky thing. I hope they have another couple of weeks in them.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 4:21 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 4 Post-Results Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

Andy will be performing the Paso Doble next week.

The celebrities will also be doing a group dance.

Sharna explains in the interview how the pro couple/celebrity couple dance is suppose to work. The pro couple dances for the first 30 seconds. The celebrity couple joins them for the next 30 seconds where their dance is synchronized. The celebrity couple performs alone for the final 30 seconds.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 4:00 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 5 Post-Performance Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

Which reminds me of another fun factoid about him: He came out at about the same time that Ellen DeGeneres did, except that he declared himself bisexual, rather than gay. Way to represent the GLBT community there, Andy!

I have a lot of problems with Andy Dick, but I don't see how him being bisexual, rather than gay, is a problem. Bisexual is a legitimate sexuality. In fact, that's what the B in "GLBT" represents. His long list of sexually aggressive behavior has been toward both men and women, so I doubt he's pretending to be bisexual.

I never said his being bisexual was a problem. What I said was that he's not exactly a what I would call a positive GLBT role model, precisely because of his sexually aggressive behavior (among other things).

Of course, since he has a pro who has managed to make him seem likable (and he's really shown himself to take this whole experience seriously), I'm judging him now strictly on his dancing, not his overall character.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 5:01 AM

Video > DwtS S16 Week 6 Post-Performance Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
On The Red Carpet | Access Hollywood

In the OTRC interview, Sharna explains the format for next week. They need to prepare three routines. One is the immunity dance where the highest scoring couple will be given a pass but the remaining couples will have to perform. The immunity dance will be a Samba, Rumba, or Jive. Andy will be dancing the Rumba as their required dance.

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 4:26 PM

I flove Sharna and Andy in the interview's. They just seem like such a team

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 1:53 AM

Okay, what's up with Andy and Jennifer Gimenez? Are they just good friends from his "Sober House" days? She was with him last night in the parking lot after the show, after which she accompanied him to an after-party.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 4:12 AM

Video > DwtS S16 Week 6 Post-Results Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

Next week Andy will be dancing the Rumba but Sharna also mentioned the Cha Cha and Jive. I think the Jive is their immunity dance.

IngoFanFirst

IngoFanFirst

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 3:25 PM

Andy starts double duty next week, splitting his time with DWTS and a new pilot he's filming with ABC/Sony.

He's already in rehearsals, starring with Adam Goldberg and Jason Jones as their boss in a new comedy which begins filming next week. Sounds like Andy's redemption tour has given him a new chance at his career.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

Sounds like Andy's redemption tour has given him a new chance at his career.

My greatest wish for him is that he have success with both his sobriety and his career. I hope he doesn't blow this chance. DWTS (and Sharna!) have done a wonderful job of rehabbing his image. I just want to hug him all the time now and before I wanted to kick him in the unmentionables.

Now if they could do the same thing with that monster mess Lindsay Lohan, I will never say a bad thing about the show again.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

Now if they could do the same thing with that monster mess Lindsay Lohan, I will never say a bad thing about the show again.

She hasn't hit her rock bottom yet. She's hit ours, but not hers. I don't think she's ready to rehabilitate her image and give in to honestly getting help, and not because it's been ordered by the court. I think Andy was finally ready and it took him a long time to get to this point that we see him at. I mean a long, long time. Dude has been screwing up for years. I hope Lindsay survives long enough to make it to where she can be rehabbed like Andy. I also hope Andy continues on the path he's on and doesn't screw up this wonderful opportunity he's been given at another chance.

Mbeaker

Mbeaker

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 5:13 PM

Okay, what's up with Andy and Jennifer Gimenez? Are they just good friends from his "Sober House" days? She was with him last night in the parking lot after the show, after which she accompanied him to an after-party.

Per Andy's own admission in some paparazzi video, the two recently started dating.

Edited by Mbeaker, Apr 24, 2013 @ 5:13 PM.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

I was just going to ask about him and Jennifer lol.

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

I think that Kelly sees Andy is really working hard on his sobriety. She seems to go out of her way to give him hugs and encouragement. My guess would be that she has experienced it in her personal life and feels that by providing support and love, it will help him stay on his path. MVHO.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 4:07 AM

Video > DwtS S16 Week 7 Post-Performance Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 8:16 AM

So okay- the logic of this show! Bristol was praised for improving each week because she had no dance experience whatsoever and as long as she showed improvement from week to week- she was worthy of her scores. Now, Andy is held to a different standard? Where is the sense in this? I could see that he worked on his technique- and I am a non dancer.

I agreed with the On the Red Carpet guy- The show is supposed to be about learning how to dance and doing it to the best of your ability.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 9:04 AM

agree @gracepayz. I remember seeing Bristol getting 9's towards the end of the season and being confused lol.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 4:21 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 7 Post-Results Interview: Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

Did Andy randomly drop his pants last night? I think I remember Tom saying such.

Edited by OwlsGo, May 20, 2013 @ 12:56 PM.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

Did Andy randomly drop his pants last night? I think I remember Tom such.

I dont think he randomly dropped them. Tom said he wasn't wearing any!   Didn't seem to phase anybody.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 4:21 PM

Ok, Andy, I don't hate you quite as much as I used to. Consider this a personal triumph.

Oh, and you made me laugh a little during the little sketch you did with Sharma.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 8:37 AM

Interesting!!! https://www.pheed.com/p/29219768

tryagainlater

tryagainlater

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

That's really sad.  I keep hoping he won't relapse again.

He's going out with Jennifer Gimenez.  Where is she?  I think she'd be helping him.  Well I guess she can't babysit him.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 3:12 PM

Hopefully he was just joking around. He seemed to make so much progress on the show.

On a side note, it's sad that people are still referring to Peta as Petra Nemcova.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 6:36 AM

I've seen several rumors that Andy is off the wagon again, unfortunately.  Though how much truth is behind any of it I have no idea.