Wynonna Judd: Jivin' Judd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

38 replies to this topic

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:23 PM

She's a wildcard for me. I can easily see her being stiff and kinda a boring dancer, and I can also see her being quite good if she commits to it and tries her best.

I wonder about her personality. I get her humor but it can easily be seen as arrogant.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 7:26 PM

She didn't even look like she could walk or sit in the chair. She barely could turn her neck when Tom Bergeron was interviewing her. Does she have back or neck issues or something? She kept making weird faces & looking like Elvis with her lip curled. I think she is self involved & a complete nut job which is perfect for this show.

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

I've seen a couple of interviews with her and Tony & they crack me up. Whether or not she can dance remains to be seen. Her no-filter humor & attitude will definitely be on display.

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

Access Hollywood Interview.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

My first impression is that she'll be heavy footed (no, that's not a reference to her weight - she just doesn't seem graceful). I'm sure I won't be the only one thinking they asked the wrong Judd to perform. I can see either Ashley or Naomi doing very well...

Edited by lnmop, Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:39 PM.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

This might be mean but I really want her to dance the Jive lol!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:39 PM

She has stated she has the Cha Cha first, so going along with usual, she'll likely have the Quickstep Week 2.

I'm still not sold on her being flat footed and awkward yet. She's a musician so I think there is hope there. As long as she trains enough and improves, she has a shot.

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 9:23 AM

Photo of Wynonna and Tony rehearsing.
http://pbs.twimg.com...AIgVU.jpg#twimg

Edited by KarenM, Mar 3, 2013 @ 9:23 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:20 PM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

Aww! Now I wish Wy's sister, Ashley, was dancing.
http://twitter.com/#!/AshleyJudd/status/310145071238479872

Edited by peaches222, Mar 8, 2013 @ 5:59 PM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 3:41 AM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 4:18 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 1 Post-Performance Interview: Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

wetm

wetm

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 7:32 AM

I only saw a clip of her on Good Morning America, but my first thought was: the witch from The Little Mermaid!

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:52 AM

Ashley's an "A" list movie star -- no way she would do this show.

Naomi has serious health problems -- no way for her either.

I love Wynonna, I think she has the one of the best country music voices ever and a great dead pan sense of humor ("If it's not one thing it's your mother.") She's had a rough time in her personal life: She didn't find out until about ten years ago that the man who raised Ashley and her was not her biological father. Naomi had been pregnant by a big huge guy when she married the small man who had raised the girls. Wy always felt that she didn't fit in with the rest of the family and that was why. Then she was married to an abusive man before she met the nice guy she's married to now, but then his motorcycle accident, etc.

That said, I don't think she'll get too far on DWTS. It's not for everyone.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 10:29 AM

She didn't even look like she could walk or sit in the chair. She barely could turn her neck when Tom Bergeron was interviewing her. Does she have back or neck issues or something?

I believe this is caused by the girdle she is always wearing.

sunalsosets21

sunalsosets21

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 3:41 PM

I knew it wouldn't take long for the tears with her.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

DuckyinKY
If Wynonna is going to stick around a few weeks, ABC might want to look into installing the drop-down oxygen masks because with Naomi there, she absolutely sucks all the air out of a room. I was surprised Naomi and Ashley were even there, because last year WJ foreclosed on a home her stepfather owns (AD's bio father) in Louisville, saying he borrowed $200,000 from her to purchase the home and never paid it back. I have no idea how that turned out, he said it was a gift and had not paid her anything in the 20 years he lived there. Neither ND or AD attended WJ's wedding last year but it looks like they made up.

Brought over from episode thread. This is interesting. I wonder if they really reconciled or if Naomi (and/or Ashley) saw Wynonna's stint on DWTS as a chance to be on camera. I know it's TPTB/camera people who chose to put the other two Judds on camera during Wynonna's post-dance interview with Brooke in the upstairs celeb-raquarium, or whatever it's called. But if Naomi hadn't been mugging it up, fanning, swooning, looking like she was going to faint, I'm guessing the camera would have panned over to them, seen them applauding or sitting like normal people/other celebs' families do and the camera would likely move on. (We all know TPTB love them a good dose of syncope from whomever.) Wynonna was struggling to get through her little short interview because of the attention on her mother. Jesus, I can't even imagine multiplying that by 30 years of similar antics. Same shit, different day.
No wonder Wynonna has issues.

When Wynonna dances in the performance and even in the rehearsal clips, it seems like she can't breathe or something. If it's a girdle, sheesh, loosen it to take a breath. Maybe she's hoping to have the Kirstie (Ricki, Marie Osmond) weight transformation. But unlike those other three, Wynonna seems like she's having trouble getting down the stairs.

Seeing Wynonna here, and Ashley in the audience, I wonder if Ashley is "normal" in that just because a person's weight is average doesn't mean they escaped the wrath of the home as a kid. If so, maybe she's dealt with it for whatever reason whereas Wynonna hasn't had that epiphany. Or maybe Wynonna has dealt with it and is struggling with something else. She has a nice smile; She sort of lights up when she talks with Tony. But she seems angry to me, like there's a hidden, boiling, something. Or maybe I'm making things up. IDK.

Wynonna's even mentioned her mother during this show, (or was it during promo) but it was in a snarky sort of way. Not blaming her. Actually, she may be showing restraint. Imo, admittedly, merely as an onlooker from the outside, the whole thing comes across as sort of unhealthy and enmeshed; but I don't know; I'm not there. But in some cases I think a certain kind of parent can still have a weird hold on an adult son or daughter even at age 48 or 50.

Naomi could choose not to turn up at every show, that is, if Wynonna doesn't get ousted first. Cher did that for Chazz, so Chazz could have his moment. Wynonna probably has a loyal country fanbase, but I wonder if she and Kellie will split the country vote or if they have very separate niches.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:40 PM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Wynonna Judd And Tony Dovolani
Wynonna Talks About Her Husband's Motorcycle Accident : With Tony

DanceinRain

DanceinRain

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:10 PM

Despite the Uber-Strange Hair Color, and pounds of makeup, I was truly entertained by Wynonna's dance with the charming Tony (give that man a bonus!).

Her subtle hand, head, and foot movements (body totally immobile it seemed to me -- like a mummy), she managed to communicate the music in a light and pleasing manner. I was reminded at how well other songstresses of age have done in the past (memory fails as to name), and I'll admit she moved her body much less than anyone I've ever witnessed before. But her rhythmic smiling rendition was pleasing none the less.

And the rapport about country-folk with Tony is going to be a winner, for a little while. At least I doubt she'll go first. Soon, but not that soon.

TheAnglican

TheAnglican

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 12:05 AM

I think the only other celebrity that I remember having as much trouble getting down the stairs was Cloris Leachman. And at the time, Cloris was in her late 70s. I really hope that the show has medical personnel on hand, because I worry just a bit that Wynonna could have a cardiac episode.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 5:39 PM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 2 Post-Performance Interview: Wynonna Ryder and Tony Dovolani

ETA:Video > (OTRC) DwtS S16 Week 2 Post-Results Interview: Wynonna Ryder and Tony Dovolani

Edited by ByTheWay, Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:28 AM.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

She needs to go. There's a huge problem if Bristol, Kate Gosselin and Wendy Williams move more than you!

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

That salsa was painful. Is that what it was? Salsa? Omg, if she had a spark... a glimmer.. of improvement, I'd be all woo hoo for her, bless her heart. That was just so, so bad.

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

I thought she had a pretty good sense of rhythm in her first dance, but she seems to have regressed since then. Her limited range of motion reminds me of people who have had their vertebrae fused in that it seems as if she can't turn her neck or anything. I'd been wondering if she was going to do her hands above the head "Praise the Lord" move or the "hands on hips/thighs and sway side-to-side" move again tonight. (She didn't.) She did say that she thought the judges were right in their comments, though.

Is that what it was? Salsa?

I think it was supposed to be a Samba.

Edited by officetemp, Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:08 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

Simply one of the worst Sambas I've ever seen. Like this is almost Steve Wozniak territory.

She moved like someone who's injured. I wish I could erase that my my memory.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:45 AM

I'd actually been wondering whether she had a back brace. There's something about her back that doesn't seem like it *can* move.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 2:36 AM

It's probably her girdle. She probably can't move because of that. Good lord, even Kate moved more on occasion.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 4:11 AM

Video > DwtS S16 Week 3 Post-Performance Interview: Wynonna Ryder and Tony Dovolani
On The Red Carpet | Access Hollywood

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 5:51 AM

If she has a back/neck problem I wish she'd mention it once. (Once) so I could support her more and get on board. I'm trying because I'm a fan, but it's getting difficult to stay enthused after that samba. (Thanks. Sorry I said salsa earlier; Oooops.) Salsa, samba, frankly, it looked like neither. Yikes.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 6:34 AM

I couldn't even get through her performance last night (And how is Pour Some Sugar on Me a samba song?). Her quickstep last week was practically in slow motion and she could barely get her feet off the ground. I hate to say it, but she may be the worst woman the show's ever cast.

Sad thing is, she'll probably make it to week five, but at least the judges aren't curving her anymore.