22-8: 2013.02.18

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

164 replies to this topic

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 9:48 PM

Sean is crazy about you, whoever you are!

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

"My advice.......don't make a mistake", awesome advice Harrison.

Note to self never ask Chris Harrison for advice:

ME: I'm really torn between hard decision A or hard decision B and I don't know what to do
CH: My advice to you is to not fuck this up
ME: Screw you Harrison!

B2H

B2H

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:05 PM

Someone needs to take Des' brother out to a woodshed and kick the crap out of him.

Sean made the unfortunately right decision: Nathan is always going to be there. There was no way Sean was ever going to convince Nathan that Sean was a good guy. Nathan cost Des someone she appeared to truly love and someone who appeared to truly love her (as much as he could in this situation, but steadily improving).

I can see a rift in that family that will be a long time in getting repaired - if ever.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Didn't look like Sean really enjoyed any of the family visits, and I thought he was a bit casually dressed for some of them.

Interesting what Catherine's sisters almost said about her moods, very up and then very intense, but I don't think intense was the word the originally intended to say.

And don't forget the very special episode tomorrow: Sean Tells All. ABC's schedule must have a lot of holes to have an extra hour of a show that's not exactly a bit hit.

Edited by torreador, Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:08 PM.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

Like Des, I 100% believe that he made a mistake sending her home. Sure, her brother is a jerk, but they definitely had the most in common and seemed to just get along perfectly. I normally do not get swept up in the romance of the show--snark value only over here. And yet even i fell for the Des and Sean love story. They would enjoy hiking together on the weekends, making each other laugh. They even seem to have actual back and forth conversations! With everyone else, he sits stonefaced while she delivers a soliloquy, then he says "Thank you for telling me that." Ugh! I still don't get what he sees in either AshLee or Lindsey, well, aside from their obvious looks. AshLee is a walking billboard for therapy, and Lindsey is either always drunk or an airhead...or just a perpetually drunk airhead.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

Well it seems pretty obvious that AshLee and Lindsay are going to be his final two if he wasn't even going to consider sending them home. Poor Catherine is either just going to have to go through the motions or pull out some sort of fantastic fantasy suite routine.

I always thought Des was the prettiest and she gets points for her cute condo. Dumb brothers.

Lindsay still seems drunk and sloppy to me but Sean's, er, crazy about her.

Piano Player

Piano Player

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

Someone needs to take Des' brother out to a woodshed and kick the crap out of him.

Couldn't disagree more. Des's brother was the only one to see through this shallow nincompoop for who and what he is, and to have the guts to speak the truth even though it hurt. Yeah, it's going to be hard for her to get over it, but it would be a lot harder if he picked her and then, in true Bachelor fashion, dumped her later. And at the first sign that someone actually tells him off, our big blond himbo runs away as fast as he can, such is the depth of his love.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:15 PM

I was really hoping he'd make a point of saying it had nothing to do with her brother even if just to preserve her relationship with Nathan. I actually got the feeling he really did wrestle with this one and that for once TB was being truthful when he said he had feelings for all of the women. I do have to say if he's not pretty sure who he wants at this stage of the game he has no business proposing.

And who else had the guy at Des' door pegged for an actor with his very first breath? Show of hands:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

I can't remember whether he was talking to Harrison or it was a TH (I was on the computer), but didn't Sean say he made his decision on who he would miss the most between Des and Catherine?

Was touched by AshLee's dad's story but thought Sean seemed uncomfortable. And I think Sean's fear of Lindsay's dad was real. Who would want a 2 star general mad at you for hurting their little girl if he doesn't choose their daughter?

ranchgirl

ranchgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

I knew the "boyfriend" as Des' door was a prank before she reveiled it. The "boyfriend" wasn't a very good actor. I know Des has reason to be upset with her brother, but really, there are still three other ladies in the picture when Sean is at her home trying to sell himself to her family. I can see why the brother says what he says. I also think he could have said, "If you pick her in the end, then I will change my tune" or something like that. But really, Sean is the big cat with four little mice running around him at the point the brother met him. That is pretty "playboy" like. And Catherine can't be feeling very confident standing between Lindsey and AshLee.
Interesting what her sisters reveiled about her, since we (the audience) hasn't seen any of that. I wonder what career goals she wants to achieve? Can she do that from Dallas?

Edited by ranchgirl, Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:27 PM.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

I am mildly torn regarding Des' brothers hijinks.

On the one hand, all he was really saying is what most people say about this show. That the love connections are dubious and ultimately futile. And it is hard to fault his skepticism. I am surprised more family members aren't very skeptical. Sure Sean is talking about how close he has gotten to Des and that he really cares about her, but he has been saying essentially the same thing to the other 3 families. He can't pick them all, and the odds are not in any of the girls favor, even at this late date.

But he could have been less of a dick about it. And that whole "I don't wanna see my sister get hurt" line of thinking, while a nice sentiment, is ultimately meaningless. Does anyone want to see their sister get hurt? I've found when people say something like that, they are really making a statement about how they feel about another persons relationship rather than showing concern for someones feelings. Because, when it comes to matters of the heart, you can't prevent someone from getting hurt, not even if you tried. And as we saw tonight, any attempt to try will likely lead to the type of hurt you say you were hoping to avoid.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

I really can't express how much of an airhead/idiot I think Lindsay is...growing up an Army brat and she really had no idea how Sean should address her Dad? Really? I believe she's one of those substitute teachers who is just a warm body/babysitter to keep the students from doing really stupid things while their teacher isn't there. I've seen plenty like that and she's a ringer for one.

Des' brother just said out loud what we all snark about here anyway, but his not being able to keep a straight face made me think he was doing it for camera time.

And Des' guy friend, the "actor" was horrible. He couldn't not look at the camera...several times while delivering his lines.

Catherine's grandma was so cute. I love old people like her.

Chris H is really phoning it in this season.

Edited by Macthekat, Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:36 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

I keep forgetting about Lindsay and can't believe she made it this far but I think she is easy going and not a lot of work and that is what appeals to Sean. Especially if he takes her to the end and doesn't choose her, he figures she will not create too much drama.

ranchgirl

ranchgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:34 PM

Agree Macthekat - Chris H is so different this season. Felt like he could have been alittle more supportive of Sean tonight.

A Big Potato

A Big Potato

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.myspace.com/foglianorules

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

So my money is on Des as the next Bachelorette. Anyone want some of that action?

welsch515

welsch515

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

Can she do that from Dallas?

Didn't Sean relocate from Dallas to Los Angeles after appearing on The Bachelorette, ostensibly to pursue his modeling career? I don't think they've mentioned his modeling side career at all on this show, but I read about it elsewhere. He obviously didn't have much down time between The Bachelorette and The Bachelor, but the modeling stuff, or some kind of generic "entertainment career" (not selling insurance) seems to be his ambition regardless of how this show turns out.

That being said, since Des already lives in LA, I thought that would be a plus. Lindsay, a substitute teacher, certainly could relocate and put any career ambitions on hold with no problem. AshLee owns her own business, but she openly said she would be ready for marriage and kids right away, and she seems desperate enough to do whatever Sean wants. Sean seemed to give Catherine the kiss of death when he talked about how independent she is in her life and career. That's why I was surprised to see Des go and not Catherine.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

Ugh -- my sympathies to the eventual "winner" of this debacle. We're down to the final four, and he really has no stong feelings for a "winner" at this point? I'd be more upset about this hemming and hawing over four women than I was if if it were a tough final two. Really? You can't like a final three above a final four?

ETA: Why haven't they had the typical relocation conversation? Has he even asked his finalists whether they'd want to live in the Dallas/Fort Worrth area?

Edited by msburg, Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:50 PM.

BranMuffin

BranMuffin

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:57 PM

And Des' guy friend, the "actor" was horrible. He couldn't not look at the camera...several times while delivering his lines.

Actually, that was part of the acting. If you are a real person who shows up to your ex-girlfriend's house and there's a camera crew and you are not an actor or a contestant on a reality show, you will probably look at the camera. It is not normal to walk around ignoring the fact that a camera crew is watching you, which is why he intentionally stared at the camera: to look caught off-guard by the camera crew.

As for his acting, I didn't think it was any worse than the rest of the people on The Bachelor. ;)

So my money is on Des as the next Bachelorette. Anyone want some of that action?

I think so too. Hot but girl-next-door cuteness. Seems natural and easy going. Likeable. And the producers will get to bring that nightmare brother back. Des is from L.A. and I do wonder if she is an aspiring actress. Her acting during the "prank" was very convincing. If she was acting on the show, playing up feelings that weren't there, she did a really good job of it. I think she'd make a good Bachelorette.

Des' brother seemed like the kind of guy who would break in your house and steal your stereo to pay for drug money. Sorry. I wouldn't want to have to deal with him in my life.

Edited by BranMuffin, Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:00 PM.

welsch515

welsch515

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:58 PM

More distracting than the actor's bad acting was Sean's bad acting. It looked to me like Sean realized within 10 seconds that it was a prank, and he was just playing along.

lids

lids

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:59 PM

I kinda want to high 5 Des' brother. When Sean said he was crazy about Des and the brother said: you're crazy about a lot of girls, aren't you, I loled. That's called seeing through the bull. Sean kept saying, "really, you're not buying this?" It must be hard to be called insincere when you're saying the exact same thing to 4 different families.

Also Sean should stop saying that he's trying to choose between all these great "girls." Cuz that's not playboy at all/sarcasm.

So it appears that Catherine is a man tamer, according to her sisters. All her guys seem to think that she's the 1 and then she dumps them. Interesting.

Something about Ashley being 32 and regressing around her parents worried me. Then her dad started off the story of how they adopted her with, "let me tell you about my first date with Ashley." And he ended it with, "that's how I fell in love with her." Ok, boundaries. Something is off there.

Madison

Madison

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Victorian literature, reality TV, animals, sugar

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:02 PM

It's surprising to me that AshLee was never in consideration for not getting a rose tonight. Sean seems to like her less than any of the remaining 4 (Des included), but is perhaps blinded by how much she professes love/ need for him. He does, as another contestant (Des?) noted earlier this season, get drawn to the damsel in distress routine. It's almost cruel, though, to bring AshLee on further if you aren't pretty darn sure she's your F1 knowing all her abandonment issues. She talks about them constantly. I can't imagine what it will be like for the next guy if AshLee gets dumped on national TV by a guy who told her to be "confident in their relationship" this episode.

I agree completely with the sentiment that if Sean isn't feeling his final decision is cemented already, he has no business proposing to any of the girls. If I was his F1, I'd be upset to see the playback from this episode. And I'd also be upset if I were Catherine or Des because if Sean's feelings for them were strong, I don't see how he could let the fact that the hometown visits weren't "magical" break them up. To be fair to Des' brother, as much of a jerk as he was, I think the mood could have been entirely different post-Bachelor with Sean as a more real member of the family. Sean couldn't get over that everyone wasn't falling at his feet professing his "perfection."

Edited by Madison, Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:04 PM.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

"Well it seems pretty obvious that AshLee and Lindsay are going to be his final two."

I don't know. Clearly that's what the editing monkeys want us to think, but when have they ever been so blatant? I suspect it's all a red herring and Catherine will get into the F2.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:14 PM

I teared up when AshLee's dad was telling Sean about their first meeting. I think he made a big mistake in getting rid of Des. I don't think Catherine was ever in danger of being eliminated. He knows that he would be thought a fool for not taking her sisters remarks into consideration, so he had to make a big deal about being unsure. Likely story. She is the one he wants and barring a catastrophe, she will most likely receive the final rose.

Twodognite

Twodognite

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

I hope by this point Des is counting her blessings that this guy let her go. Her brother was spot-on in his comments. His smirking and laughing didn't help him any, but what he said was exactly right: "You're crazy about a lot of girls, right?" Didn't Sean say to every girl (except AshLee, I think) "I'm crazy about you?"

Brother: "This seems stupid."

Sean: "I don't know what to do." Yup, stupid.

The one thing that hit me wrong about Des was when she said "The only thing I want to do is make someone happy." Oh, honey. You can't make anyone else happy. You can be very, very happy together, but it's a losing proposition to set out as your main goal making someone else happy.

I hope now that she's been out of The Bachelor pressure-cooker for a few months she has regained some perspective on the whole thing.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:24 PM

That was probably one of the more genuine and heartbreaking goodbyes ever on this show. Or Des is a better actor than anyone. I really think it was real though and yes, I did see genuine emotion with them.

I agree that he really doesn't seem to feel strongly for AshLee. His affection with her seems stilted and forced. One he kissed her on the forehead like he does all the time with Catherine and he seemed like he could barely stand to touch her. I think he wants to like her because she's the best match on paper but he's really not feeling it.

I think he has real feelings for Cath too but her family's warnings and doubt really gave him second thoughts. Their relationship seemed the most real besides with Des but I think he's freaked out thinking about the future with her.

But that part at the end with Lindsey made me laugh. I see something there too! Sheesh, I guess I do see why he's conflicted but you'd think he'd make up his mind by now

welsch515

welsch515

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

As stupid as it sounds to analyze a couple's chemistry, compatibility, and future potential based on how they eat cupcakes, that final scene between Sean and Lindsay has me convinced that she's the one haha.

MaryShelley

MaryShelley

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

I'm not sure if I really see his wife in the room.

MasalaCurry

MasalaCurry

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:46 PM

Lindsay is so very annoying. I absolutely hate it when she looks up at Sean like a damsel in distress with her head nodding in such an annoying manner, she does it every single episode. Does she think its endearing? Because its not, its just so annoying and looks like she is drunk and desperate. Ashlee is another desperate one. Guess she didn't learn anything from her quickie marriage and is ready to do another one.

I felt bad for Des, she really seemed so sincere and in love with Sean. But I am torn about her brother, he was right about Sean and the process. I was shocked that Des' parents disagreed with the brother, I expected them to agree with him to some extent. As for Sean, I cannot stand that he keeps leading these women on. He told Des that he loves her this episode, she must have left so confused, she responded with "then don't send me". How can he keep leading them on? Its so cruel. And I hated it when he made the women wait for the final rose, it was cruel and unnecessary but I won't be surprised if the producers made him.

Edited by MasalaCurry, Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:02 AM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:53 PM

I think he has real feelings for Cath too but her family's warnings and doubt really gave him second thoughts.

I agree. Catherine is the one he wants. He made a point of saying that her mother didn't give him her blessings to propose. Also, he didn't ask any of the other families whether they thought their daughter/sister was ready to settle down. Ashlee should really dial it back with the "I love yous", especially since "her man" is dating other women.

He told Des that he loves her this episode, she must have left so confused, she respond with "then don't send me".

I don't think Sean told Des he loves her, because "The Bachelor/ette" is not allowed to use the "L" word until he/she is offering the final rose.

Edited by Firthient, Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:58 PM.

Arkay

Arkay

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:58 PM

I think Des' brother expressed true family love in a straight-shooter type of way. It may have been blunt but he doesn't appear to be too much of a finesse kind of guy. Of course that is not what Des wanted to hear, but her brother was just stating the obvious, which usually gets lost amidst the fog of being on a TV show. I don't think Sean is actually a playboy, but the Bachelor formula does require him to carry on as one. Nathan just cut through the fog.

Edited by Arkay, Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:00 AM.