Deadly Sins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

urlittledogtoo

urlittledogtoo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 6:04 AM

Another ID channel series about...Murder!! Reenactments!

This one's a little different though. It's 'hook' is that each episode consists of a tale about a person whose crime(s) fall into the categories of the seven deadly sins. Problem is, most of them are primarily lust. But that would be boring, only having one deadly sin, so they throw in greed, pride, and gluttony quite a bit to shake things up but when you get down to it they're stretching. Because really, they're almost always about lust. See, you need the lust in order to be able to do the sexy bedroom scenes ID is so fond of lately. Some obese person who kills their cousin over who gets the last slice of pizza just isn't going to cut it. What is funny is that unlike the other ID shows in this genre, the shows seem to be intentionally made for this viewpoint up front. That's the only way I can explain the unintentionally hilarious interview subjects trying valiantly and often uncomfortably to use the word 'sin' in their description of what went wrong with the criminal involved. And of course there's the faux cathedral and creepily judgmental bald narrator. A strict daddy, kind of nazi-like in his demeanor. I wouldn't want to cross him.

Anyway, I had to start this thread because I needed to come here to post my utter amazement at this week's episode with the attorney husband who killed his wife. I mean, he tried to get her to kill herself for him by getting her fourteen year old cousin/adopted son to burn her parrots alive in her own oven when she wasn't home. Seriously, that has got to be the ugliest thing I've ever heard on any of these shows and definitely worthy of an outraged post. But what actually prompted me to post was earlier, while they were still married, when she was on bedrest during pregnancy and he wanted her to reimburse him for lost wages because she couldn't work for a few months. This wealthy attorney who knocked up his wife. Lost wages. Lost wages. She should have killed him, just for that.

MaxineShawEsq

MaxineShawEsq

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

I watched this show once and I'll never watch it again. It was the one about the dude who killed his wife and kids (including drowning two of them by tying rocks to their feet) and the girl who killed her friend and her baby, then her friend's three kids. By the end, I was screaming at the TV and my poor boyfriend was trying to calm me down.

RoisterDoister

RoisterDoister

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:15 PM

Some obese person who kills their cousin over who gets the last slice of pizza just isn't going to cut it.

ROFLMAO. If they did a case like this on the show the reenactment would feature a thin, sexy model playing the obese person.

This show is kind of pointless because almost all murders revolve around a "sin" - usually greed or lust, or some combination of those two things. Pretty much every show on ID Discovery could be called Deadly Sins.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:06 AM

And of course there's the faux cathedral and creepily judgmental bald narrator. A strict daddy, kind of nazi-like in his demeanor. I wouldn't want to cross him.

I caught a single episode of this, and I wouldn't worry about crossing him. He's a puffed-up weenie type who talks more than he acts. He reminds me of several of the hosts on IDs shows these days in that I really, really can't stand him.

urlittledogtoo

urlittledogtoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

annoyed - nevermind

Edited by urlittledogtoo, Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:06 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

I was going to join in with some Karla Homolka talk but the post above was edited. Oh well.

Edited by King Cat Sam, Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:33 PM.

urlittledogtoo

urlittledogtoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:19 AM

I was going to join in with some Karla Homolka talk but the post above was edited. Oh well.

Sorry, I was all ranty. Please, continue. I promise to join in now that I've calmed down a little bit. :)

My primary gripe was with the two authors, the female one mostly but the male got on my nerves too. All that 'Paul forced her', 'Paul demanded she' talk just really pissed me off. Karla is a cold blooded psychopath and not a single thing she did was the fault of being forced by Paul. Also, her little sister was fifteen not thirteen and I have no idea why the show lowered her age except to make it more sensational than it already was. That was weird.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Mar 17, 2013 @ 2:57 AM

I think that there's a fundamental difference in Paul and Karla, though. I think Karla was prone to doing shit that few people would consider, and I think she's dangerous, but I don't think she actually does that shit without Paul. I think Paul would be a rapist and murderer whether Karla was in the picture or not. After all, they weren't picking up dudes for her to do. They were picking up girls for him to rape and torture. This was ultimately about what Paul wanted.