12-10: "Hollywood Week, Part 4" 2013.02.14

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

69 replies to this topic

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

After all the build up for Angela Miller I found her voice...Okay.

Yup...shades of Pia Toscano. Thankfully Zoannette woke me up from my nap. I much rather hear her and put up with the crazy than the string of pageant-bots they trotted out up there. Zoannette is LOVE.

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

I found Zoanette to be a tragic, ridiculous mess. She doesn't sing; all she does is shriek. She's like a parody of a parody of Fantasia (who I like).

I didn't hear all the girls sing. But of the ones I did, I thought the country singer Kree had a very nice voice.

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

I found Zoanette to be a tragic, ridiculous mess.

You say that like it's a bad thing! Now granted I'm not saying she's the most gifted singer; not even close. But when all the other girls are looking so generic and interchangeable I appreciate the showmanship even if the package is not so pretty.

Sparkling Beth

Sparkling Beth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 1:37 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing! Now granted I'm not saying she's the most gifted singer; not even close. But when all the other girls are looking so generic and interchangeable I appreciate the showmanship even if the package is not so pretty.

Where you see showmanship, I see travesty. To me, she wasn't talented or clever or entertaining. Even if I thought she was aware of being a parody of a bad contestant, I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep her on. Despite knowing that Idol is about ratings more than anything else, I still prefer that they at least pretend to be on the lookout for recording artists.

BogoGog24

BogoGog24

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:08 PM

I agree with TryDelta- even if Zoanette is crazy and needs to control herself a little, at least she is unique and memorable. Most of the other girls are exactly how you described (I couldn't put my finger on it)- they all look and sound the same, very robotic, generic, and interchangeable. We don't even know who most of them are, which will fare pretty badly for them when it comes to the voting rounds. They haven't had much of an opportunity to build a fanbase yet.

scowl

scowl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

Imagine the show with a dozen "unique and memorable" Zoanettes. Could you take it as a serious singing contest?

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

I still prefer that they at least pretend to be on the lookout for recording artists.

They're on the lookout for a few viable artists but the majority of the contestants are boring fodder that has as much chance at a recording career as Zoannette. So I'm all for them mixing it up.

Imagine the show with a dozen "unique and memorable" Zoanettes. Could you take it as a serious singing contest?

IMO the results would be more entertaining than a show with a dozen Pia Toscanos doing ballads like a bunch of Miss America contestants.

I keep going back to Pia Toscano because I honestly can't remember the names of any of the female contestants...

Edited by TryDelta, Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:43 PM.

OakGoblinfly

OakGoblinfly

Fanatic

• Interests:Book-devouring, SiFi-geeking, Anime-Watching, Hockey-Loving transplanted NY gal now living in Northern VA.

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

To be fair, Idol hasn't been a "serious" singing contest in six or seven years.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

Zoanette can't sing. She's a joke. She should have been chopped immediately after she butchered the National Anthem. I pray she does not make the top 20.

IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:52 PM

Zoanette can't sing. She's a joke. She should have been chopped immediately after she butchered the National Anthem. I pray she does not make the top 20.

Totally agree! There were countless others who were way more deserving to go forward. I know people always talk about how AI isn't really all about talent but the reason I tune in is to see great singers. All the other crap I can do without.

I can't wait for the new season of The Voice.