1-13: "There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight" 2013.02.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

152 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:06 PM

Rayna is comforted by an old friend after telling Maddie and Daphne about her plans to divorce; Juliette reinvents herself; Avery considers an attractive offer.

This thread will open at 11:00pm EST on February 13th.

Kitty15

Kitty15

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

Gunner looks like David Muir of ABC News and 20/20.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:15 PM

I just watched tonight's episode. First, I'm bummed out that there will be no new episode next week, and that we have to wait two weeks.

Secondly, I liked last week better, because things happened. Tonight's episode dragged out, marking a time of transition for the characters. But much that was in the preview was misleading. Rayna did not really lose it on stage. Nor did she sleep with anyone.

Which thirdly leads to me to suspect that Rayna is going to fight for her man. She's going to fight for her husband and her marriage, in true country-fashion.

Edited by lorra, Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:16 PM.

SlovakPrincess

SlovakPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

Aw, poor Rayna. I really felt for her this episode. I like that she and Liam just ended up talking.

And poor Nadine (or Maddie - I can't keep Rayna's kids straight)! Nice going, Teddy.

Juliette really lost her mind, waking up everyone on the tour and screaming like a banshee! Yikes! Like Deacon said, I do not care for this side of her.

On a shallow note, Deacon looked gorgeous in the elevator scene with Juliette.

I could see both Scarlett and Gunnar's points about his brother. I was glad that, by the end of the episode, Scarlett had stopped speaking so harshly to the guy. But ... apparently she was right and he's still bad news!

Oh, goody, Avery's going to get involved with Gunnar's boring ex. Blah.
I didn't get what happened with the check Avery received at the end - did that mean he signed a deal with the other company, or that the guy in Atlanta finally came through with the money?

ggmarie

ggmarie

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:21 PM

I didn't get what happened with the check Avery received at the end - did that mean he signed a deal with the other company, or that the guy in Atlanta finally came through with the money?

I didn't get this either. Perhaps we weren't meant to find out until next show. Or maybe he signed away his publishing rights and then got the check from Atlanta, which would suck.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:23 PM

I saw the check, but I didn't notice who it was from.

Unfortunately, Gunnar is screwing up things, due to his brother.

BBDi

BBDi

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:24 PM

I didn't get this either. Perhaps we weren't meant to find out until next show. Or maybe he signed away his publishing rights and then got the check from Atlanta, which would suck.

The check read something or "publishing company" (I was wondering the same thing so I double-checked).

Aw, poor Rayna. I really felt for her this episode. I like that she and Liam just ended up talking.

I wasn't clear on that. It was a very mumbley episode. I thought after she spilled her guts to Liam in the bathroom they said something about no strings attached and it looked like they were going to kiss again?

Edited by BBDi, Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:24 PM.

SlovakPrincess

SlovakPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

Or maybe he signed away his publishing rights and then got the check from Atlanta, which would suck.

Ha! That sounds like the kind of thing that would happen to Avery.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:41 PM

No, I just rewatched that part on the DVR and I don't think that Rayna and Liam had sex.

First, she was thinking about all the pain the divorce was going to cause for people. This was in the bathroom scene when she and Liam were sitting on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. Liam ventured that she should come live with him. Rayna said she was sick of all the drama. Then it ended with them joking about the half-finished album, which Rayna said they need to finish.

Second, the next morning, Deacon watched her with Liam and he went over to her, all pissy. Rayna told Deacon that she and Liam were just friends.

So I don't think she had sex with Liam. I think she still wants and loves her husband, and she is going to fight for him.

I'm not saying that's I want that. I think Rayna and Teddy want completely different lives, and they no longer function together.

But I fear that there was a point for her older daughter letting Rayna know about the other woman.

Edited by lorra, Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:42 PM.

charmante456

charmante456

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:16 AM

Just so someone's said it , I absolutely love Scarlett. I love her voice, both talking and singing. I love the character's personality.

I know she is often loathed, but there's not a thing about her I don't like. Tonight was another example of having my heart taken away. Were I so inclined, I think I'd stalk her.

That's all.

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:27 AM

This episode showed me one reason why I love Juliette so much. In addition to her fascinating conflicts that Hayden P so brilliantly shows us, her character is driven to be great. Not to make money or be popular, she burns to be a great artist. How many bands have been like (to pick one example) Avril Lavigne and coast on their early hits until they are a nostalgia band? Lots! That drive is also behind her ridiculous diva moments tonight. But it is much more tolerable because 1 HP is such a fine actress and 2 she is trying to do one of the noblest things of all, to achieve artistic greatness and 3 she seems to have the talent to actually be great.

I agree that late in the episode they might be setting Rayna up to Fight For Her Man!

I'm also unsure of the check. Since it was for $100K I thought it was from Haley's publishing company to try to induce him to sign. I love Haley. She just has a warm, genuine vibe. I hope she sticks around.

Only new music I think was the Gunnar/Scarlett duet. Funny that song sounds the most like what I'd expect them to write- a cute, low key love song, nothing as fancy as their first two duets on the show.

I don't usually notice clothes but when Juliette and Deacon rode the elevator, she looked spectacular, with her hair pulled back and some white leather top. She looked like an Ice Queen. It highlighed her alienation quite nicely.

And there was someone on the screen tonight, she looked like Scarlett but talked like Annie Oakley...

Edited by Midru, Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:38 AM.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:39 AM

Right now Rayna has 3 men and I don't know why she'd fight for Teddy when he's the one she seems to love and want to be around the least. It would just be a marriage in name only for the kids, and I'm glad Teddy stepped up to put an end to the marriage and won't let her stall. They were putting on a show while Rayna played a role of wife but didn't want to be one to Teddy, she ran away from the marriage to be on tour. Now she's kissing Deacon and calling him to her room, then she's kissing Liam and going to his room.

Juliet waking everyone up was a great scene and I'm glad she laid down the law with the manager who just didn't listen or want to do anything she wanted when it was her career.

It seems the show wants us to believe Rayna's this big star, but if she was could she have been dancing in that bar with Liam and all over him like that and not have one tweet or be seen at all and have it out there?

waterlilies

waterlilies

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:47 AM

I think she still wants and loves her husband, and she is going to fight for him.

And that's my main problem with this storyline. Clearly, she still has unresolved feelings for Deacon and she just made out with FREAKING LIAM by the way...What is the point of fighting for her marriage just so she can end up making goo-goo eyes at Deacon which I'm sure will happen later in the season.

It just doesn't make any sense and I hope the writers realize this. Also, her kids already know. The damage is done. If anything, she should spend her time getting to know Liam "a little better" or get with Deacon already. Geez, I'm all sorts of annoyed that this storyline might actually happen.

Aside from the rayna/family drama, I really like this new Juliette. She seemed so happy and excited for her new sound; i cheered for her.

Gunnar's brother's storyline joins the ranks of teddy the politician plot that i do not care for or want to watch.

Scarlett was MUCH better this episode. I didn't even mind her interaction with Gunnar and overall, i thought it was a very good episode.

Sidenote: I can't be the only one who finds the name pairing of Teddy and Peggy funny right?? If they got married and had a daughter, i bet her name would be Betty.

Edited by waterlilies, Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:49 AM.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 1:31 AM

When their daughter over-heard her Dad talking to Peggy on the phone, she should have walked in and got right in his face and just stood there. Watch him scramble and stumble. I despise adulterers.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 1:47 AM

And that's my main problem with this storyline. Clearly, she still has unresolved feelings for Deacon and she just made out with FREAKING LIAM by the way...What is the point of fighting for her marriage just so she can end up making goo-goo eyes at Deacon which I'm sure will happen later in the season.

If that's the road they intend to take, which I admit never occurred to me so thanks to all those speculating, I hope they actually do have Rayna commit to trying to make it work. I hope both of them do. Deacon will always be around to pick up that thread later if that's what the show wants but they need to put aside that longing/angst.

I don't watch Scarlett and Gunnar if I can help it but what are they doing living together? They can say 'just roommates' all they want but Gunnar wants her. That's just asking for trouble and it's silly.

I don't know if we were supposed to approve of Deacon's disapproval but I felt Juliette was well within her rights to scold Glenn. Waking up her crew was a bit divaish but that was a confrontation that was bound to happen. I only wish she had been allowed to fire him. This show does a great job of writing her. She's both hell on wheels and sympathetic.

I also wish this show would stop acting like an acoustic set would be the most disasterous thing evah! when it's almost a given part of a concert. In fact, if nothing naturally fits, I've seen bands make an accoustic or slowed down portion of a set work. It's not like Juliette is looking to replace her whole act, just a portion of it.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:58 AM

After watching Rayna have some fun with Liam and then have the confrontation with Deacon, I realized that while I enjoy Liam with Rayna I mostly just think she needs someone who is neither Teddy (whom she never loved, or never loved enough) or Deacon.

Teddy is an ass, but everyone deserves to be in a relationship with someone who can't imagine being with anyone else. So while I find him boring and annoying, he should have more self respect that to return to Rayna. And Rayna will never be more than content with him anyway.

As for Deacon, I feel like they've got all these unresolved feelings but what those feelings need most is to be resolved in the form of closure. Both of them have been hung up on what they were and what they had, but I don't think they've really progressed as people with each other. And it's all about what might have been. But the past is past and they missed it and can't go back. I think they'd both be better off getting the hell over it.

Julliet was a nightmare for most of tonight, but I get it. She's just on a manic terror to accomplish all the change at once. I think her manager was scared and protecting her "brand" and it was partially motivated by self preservation. But he also had a point that you don't just up and toss everything without at least taking a moment to think it through. That doesn't mean she shouldn't change, but calling impromtu meetings to announce that you plan to rework an entire show with band new, untried material in a month or less is a bit nutty. Even if everything she wrote is great, she should breath for a minute. Even Deacon was looking at her like she was a lit stick of dynamite. No matter what though, I love Julliet.

Gunnar and Scarlett were less annoying tonight which I've found to be a trend for the last 3 or 4 episodes; so that's nice. Of course his bother is a mess and an half, so that situation actually is a lit stick of dynamite. I can't help it though. My Ben from Jane By Design love keeps me from wanting the bother to pack up.

I just can't make myself care about Avery's cautionary tale of a life. I love Jonathan Jackson, but nothing can make me give a crap about that character.

Edited by RachelKM, Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:04 AM.

Vickilyn

Vickilyn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:53 AM

I just can't make myself care about Avery's cautionary tale of a life. I love Jonathan Jackson, but nothing can make me give a crap about that character.

They aren't giving JJ good material, and that sucks because he's capable of so much more than this. It's all so frustratingly predictable with Avery. He's going to end up broke and strung out on drugs, isn't he? Sigh.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:26 AM

I agree, Juliette as usual was great. I have mixed feelings about what happened with Glenn. Twice he tried to torpedo her. First by having her think with those tweets that the public didn't like her duet with Deacon second. Second by going behind her back with the crew. Glenn treated Juliette like a thing that he was manipulating. But there are a lot worse then Glenn out there.

I think if Rayna felt she was "in love" with Deacon, then she would have went for him after Teddy's announcement, which provided the perfect justification. But Rayna did the exact opposite. It was as though she was avoiding Deacon.

Of course, what is hitting her now is that her marriage is a failure. For some one as ambitious and as egotistical as Rayna that is a bitter pill to swallow.

The joker in this "divorce" will be Rayna's father. He's not going to take this lying down. So Teddy is having a little pipe dream. Freedom and true love are not actually within his reach. Lamar is going to destroy that.

Edited by lorra, Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:28 AM.

Triant

Triant

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

I don't think Rayna slept with Liam. Mostly because when she returned home, none of her daughters said 'Mommy, why do you smell like pretention and bad fashion?'

I was never big on Teddy cheating on Rayna, but I've had this one thought since Rayna found out about the embezzlement scheme. 'Oh, Teddy, Rayna left you years ago. Now you've just given her an excuse.'

I think Juliette was somewhat justified in dressing down Glenn like that, since he had been going behind her back with the crew. The wake up conference in the middle of the night? Oh, very diva-ish, but they won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

The best solution would've been for her and Glenn to meet halfway, but neither side seemed capable of doing that.

And while I never disliked her, I've been pleasant surprised at Scarlett's case of Spinal Growth the past few episodes. She seems a lot less doe-eyed innocent and a bit more sassy and up-front. She made a misstep in letting Jason stay, but she was very clear from the get-go she wasn't big on harboring a fugitive.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:10 AM

I was never big on Teddy cheating on Rayna, but I've had this one thought since Rayna found out about the embezzlement scheme. 'Oh, Teddy, Rayna left you years ago. Now you've just given her an excuse.'

You would think that Teddy handed Rayna an excuse to be with Deacon, but she didn't go for Deacon, did she?

Indeed, Rayna has seemed much more attracted to Liam. Remember how she had her hands all over Liam on stage a few episodes back. We never saw her act like that with Deacon. Rayna seems to have a better time with Liam, also.

Anytime she is with Deacon, Rayna looks like she has a terrific migraine. There's such a pained look on her face. And she started to be like that with Teddy too.

zumpie

zumpie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:39 AM

I don't think Rayna slept with Liam. Mostly because when she returned home, none of her daughters said 'Mommy, why do you smell like pretention and bad fashion?'

Hee! And oily douche, also, too. Though his hotel bathroom was FAB!!!!

Anytime she is with Deacon, Rayna looks like she has a terrific migraine. There's such a pained look on her face.

Given how smug and judgemental Deacon frequently is, I can actually understand that. I wonder how long it'll be before Juliette starts looking like that as well.

Speaking of which, while I agree waking everyone up was wrong---pop stars do waaaay worse all the time. And frankly, Glen started it by going behind her back. I wonder if Emily will be her new manager, Deacon or will the label just assign her someone?

When their daughter over-heard her Dad talking to Peggy on the phone, she should have walked in and got right in his face and just stood there. Watch him scramble and stumble. I despise adulterers.

Except Rayna's been carrying on an emotional affair pretty much since she said "I do" to Teddy. And she come close to making it physical several times as well. Also, he's realized his marriage is a farce and promptly ended it. I actually see all of this as behavior that should've happened a long time ago.

Edited by zumpie, Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:45 AM.

CCee

CCee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

I think she still wants and loves her husband, and she is going to fight for him.

I didn't really get that vibe. i don't think she was every in love with Teddy. She cared for him and loved him as the father of her children. She seemed to feel like she should try and make it work for her kids, but the talk with Liam seemed to steady her, and make her realize it may be best for everyone for Teddy and her to part ways. I have a feeling that now that Maddie has exposed Teddy's affair, Rayna's going to get a lot angrier since to this point she's seemed to have a bit of guilt over things ending.

There doesn't seem to be a future with Liam and her, he doesn't seem the settle down type, but they do have a lot of chemistry. I'm glad he was there for her when she couldn't let anyone else in. As she said the lack of history and strings made him the perfect person for her to talk to. With Deacon there would have been a lot of conflicting feelings as his advice would have been tainted with their combined history. At the same time, I get his jealousy when he saw Liam and Rayna the next morning. For one thing, Liam was petting her hair which did looked super shiny and soft. Who could blame him for that? For another you could see the renewed closeness which may have felt like a slap to Deacon when she couldn't talk to him regardless of her reasons. I just hope they have some positive movement for D&R before the bombshell of Maddie's paternity comes out. It will have a lot more impact if they're in a good place at the time.

Edited by CCee, Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:52 AM.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

I just hope they have some positive movement for D&R before the bombshell of Maddie's paternity comes out. It will have a lot more impact if they're in a good place at the time.

Deacon is going to be furious. We already saw how much he despises Teddy. Deacon is going to bounce off the walls.

Except Rayna's been carrying on an emotional affair pretty much since she said "I do" to Teddy. And she come close to making it physical several times as well.

I so agree with this. Rayna has been unfaithful in everything but the actual deed. And if it wasn't for Teddy showing up at her hotel PH door, she would have done the deed with Deacon.

I didn't really get that vibe. i don't think she was every in love with Teddy. She cared for him and loved him as the father of her children. She seemed to feel like she should try and make it work for her kids, but the talk with Liam seemed to steady her, and make her realize it may be best for everyone for Teddy and her to part ways.

But Rayna did not know about the other woman.

It's not clear who Rayna loves. She seems to be a person who is greatly fragmented. Much she cannot deal with and she avoids.

Rayna had high ideals about her marriage and Teddy. No one could live up to those ideals. So, instead of dealing, she went on tour. She took the coward's way out. But that doesn't mean she is ready to give up the ideal.

I think she wants that marriage, because it fulfills a certain vision Rayna has nurtured ever since childhood. Teddy represented to Rayna everything her father was not. She became alienated from him because he didn't quite turn out that way. But she wasn't willing to let go of the marriage. And I don't think she will now.

Because Rayna is the supreme diva. And she is not going to let another woman take her man.

TheSmartOne

TheSmartOne

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

First time poster – I have a definite love for this show. I think it is slowly finding its way.

Teddy - I don't know if it is the way Eric Close is being directed but Teddy is all sorts of self-involved passive-aggressive with an undertone of blandness. He calls her right before he knows she will go onstage to basically inform her they will tell the girls tomorrow? No discussion prior just “this is what we are doing”. He’s picked up some of Lamar's nasty habits. I can see how Rayna was blindsided. IMO she basically checked out of the marriage a long time ago emotionally but her girls are everything and she knows how it will hurt them and how doing it right (let’s face it there is no right way) is so crucial. And yes, Tandy is the worst sister ever.

Juliette – loved her taking charge but she went about it the wrong hardheaded way. Her ideas and heart are in the right place but there are ways of shifting the cruise ship without blowing a hole in the engine room and going diva on Glenn and her “family” shows her youthful inexperience. I am glad that Deacon has become a mentor/friend (please no more lovin’ scenes ever) and tells her the truth and calls her on her crap.

I’m just going to say it. I love Liam. Rayna/Deacon/their tortured soulmate love makes my heart sing but I have come to really adore Liam and am glad their breach is repaired. I love him because he was her FRIEND last night - he gave her that vacation from her hot mess of a life she desperately needed. He urged her to talk, was there for her in a way that Deacon would be (if they weren't strained and awkward right now). He respects her, likes her and lusts after her but didn’t get frustrated when he saw where her head was at. The scenes in that bathroom (please, oversized and pretty bathroom, come to my home) were so very good - raw on Rayna's part, sharing deep heartbreak and confusion and Liam opening up about his own childhood, peeling back more layers of the onion. When she asked him if he was saying it just to make her feel better - as if he just made it up - the look he gave her, the resigned sadness in his voice you knew he was sharing the truth. I love them together in whatever "it" is right now. Yes, he is no strings for her in some ways but I don't think she would have shared so much rawness with him if she wasn't comfortable with him knowing that deeply personal side of her. Maybe it started as no strings but IMO some knitting together of the fabric started last night. I also forgive the set up of him staying in the same hotel and rationalize (as we all must do when the story verges into bizarreville) he set out to stay there hoping to fix what he messed up. I appreciate how the volley of dialogue from their first awkward morning interaction in the lobby, to the honkytonk drinkin’ and dancin’, to that very HOT kiss, to the bathroom sharing session, to their warm lobby goodbye the next day allowed a smooth segue into working together again. I think they both missed the partnership. I also believe that nothing Rayna said last night makes me believe she will try to work it out with Teddy especially after what Maddie told her about Peggy.

I never bought a triangle between Teddy/Rayna/Deacon - a triangle in the true sense of the word. You need at least one person to be caught emotionally between the other 2 people. I never got that she was truly torn between Teddy and Deacon. You knew she loves/loved Deacon but I never got a sense that she fought her feelings between both on a "triangular" scale except that Teddy was tied to her girls. I DO buy a triangle (if it is being set up) between Liam/Rayna/Deacon. She's attracted to Liam and after this time spent with him she is getting to know him on a deeper level. Liam/Deacon - both the same and different and IMO she is attracted to both for similar and yet dissimilar reasons (if that makes sense). I also think that seeing Deacon make great music with Juliette and their ongoing friendship is affecting her. Almost as if she is losing what was specific to THEM... to their 20 years together. So this triangle makes more sense for the continuance of the show as she grows closer to Liam and how Deacon will continue to react to that and what he really wants from her and what she in turn wants from him.

No new episode next week?

A pox on ABC.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:38 AM

Nope, TheSmartOne, it said two weeks for the new episode.

The problem I have with Liam is that he was too ready to cash in on his relationship with Rayna. Here, I thought he was a big music star in his own right, and therefore would be immune to these perks of being around a celebrity. But Liam at the first opportunity had been manipulating Rayna, using her for cash, and not being truthful about it.

I think Rayna was a bit too rash in kicking Liam to the curb. They were working on an album.

I agree about the point with Teddy calling Rayna just before she was going on stage. But I think that was out of selfishness. Teddy wasn't thinking about Rayna's schedule. He was thinking about how fast he wanted to be with Peggy. Teddy needs and wants Peggy. And he no longer cares about Rayna's concert, which he resents anyways.

Teddy is already with the other woman, emotionally. Rayna just now baggage that he wants to lose.

Lila82

Lila82

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Oh, Liam. Weird, out-of-character betrayal aside, he's such a good friend for Rayna! He is attracted to her, but he also likes and respects her enough to give her what she needed, which wasn't sex, but support and understanding. I love them together, as friends or more, and felt the writers did a decent job of redeeming the character. Can we keep him? I actually understand when he and Rayna are having conversations.

I also don't think she slept with him. If she's really, truly going to cross that line, it's going to be with Deacon.

Rayna really is a goddess. Way to look like a supermodel during the drag queen phase of a long night of drinking.

Eric Stoltz is also a god. His direction turns soapy awfulness into soapy goodness.

Rayna loves her children and providing them with the supportive family she didn't have growing up. I don't think she even likes Teddy let alone loves him.

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:45 AM

Rayna loves her children and providing them with the supportive family she didn't have growing up. I don't think she even likes Teddy let alone loves him.

Lol, that's why Teddy wants out of the marriage.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:30 AM.
off-topic preview talk

zumpie

zumpie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

I think it's this, also Rayna's pretty egotistical and shallow----she's pissed that she isn't #1 with someone (even someone she doesn't care about and treats like serious crap) and she's pissed about Peggy because she's highly competitive. Basically, she always has to be the center of everyone's orbit---and whether or not she gives them half as much is immaterial.

Oh, I'll just say it----doesn't make any difference whether or not Rayna had actual sex with Liam (who I think is a pretentious jerkwad), she made out with him and was gonna....for once, self righteous, sanctimonious, judge everyone to their face Deacon has a right to pissed off.

OH....about Avery: I actually don't think this is meant to be a cautionary tale----because if he's just gonna start drugging and wash up his career before it begins, then selling his songs now would be a good thing for him to do (strike while the iron's hot). But we'll see....they need to pick up his story, though, because right now..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....And I do hope he used condoms with Cougar Town, because she clearly gets around!

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:32 AM.
removed quotation and response

lorra

lorra

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:03 AM

Eric Stoltz is also a god. His direction turns soapy awfulness into soapy goodness.

This is so true. Like with Teddy, that episode with his adulterous fling actually turned a boring character around and made him somewhat sympathetic.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:32 AM.
off-topic preview talk

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

It seems the show wants us to believe Rayna's this big star, but if she was could she have been dancing in that bar with Liam and all over him like that and not have one tweet or be seen at all and have it out there?

It happens. Drake showed up at my bar one night, and all of us regulars texted each other to get there, but we didn't tweet/FB/Instagram anything...until way after he left, anyway.