14-7: 2013.02.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

68 replies to this topic

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 8:40 AM

I don't think Dolvet should be giving unsolicited advice to recently postpartum women. If she's nursing, she has different needs that the average person. It's easy to look at her and suggest weight loss but she may not be able to restrict her intake at this moment. Frankly, if I was home raising my child alone and got told about myself while visiting my not contributing husband? That advice would not be appreciated.

I wish Dolvett had said "This is a great time to focus on your health and your babies health. By changing your diet to be more healthy you can meet all your requirements and his and still lose weight. You can be an example of healthy eating and living from the first days of his life on. You can have more energy to play with him and save him from having to deal with the same issues that you and Mike are dealing with. You can help him be healthy as well as happy." I only wish Dolvett had been able to explain all this on camera because I am tired of folks treating prgnancy and breast feeding as an excuse to eat like crap and gain a ton of weight. I know far too many women who buy into that and gain 70 pounds when pregnant and then spend the rest of their lives trying to work off the weight.

All of the books and Doctors say the same thing. If you are obese or seriously over weight and pregnant or breast feeding you should work on eating a healthy diet but you can lose weight at the same time. What matters is that you are eating properly and getting the proper nutrients to care for yourself and the baby. When I was pregnant, I was told that I should only be eating an additionall 200 or so calories a day and that those should be healthy calories. I should increase my calcium intake and my fruit and veggies and make sure to take prenatal vitamins. If you are overweight and start eating a healthy diet when you are pregnant, you will eaither gain a little weight or lose weight while providing your baby all the nutients that he/she needs.

I am sorry but eating during pregnancy is one of those areas that many people just flat out get wrong. A healthy women is encouraged to gain between 25 and 35 pounds. Someone a bit over weight should aim for 20-30 pounds. People who are obese can lose weight. It is not a time to over indulge in whatever you want but a time to focus on nutrition and health for yourself and the baby. You do not need to eat a ton of extra calories but only a few hundred more. I got angry with the people who said "Have some cake, you are eating for two" No I was not. I was eating for one while growing another. My baby boy was not full term in the first trimester, he did not need me to eat two meals to provide for him. He did not need me to eat for two when I was breastfeeding.

So yes, Mike's wife could easily lose weight when breastfeeding. Eat more salads, add some yogurt or soy milk to her diet, enjoy fruit. Get outside and walk or go to the gym. The exercise is actually good for you and helps with postpartum blues/depression. She can safely lose weight and be in a better place for herself, her son, and her husband. She could be able to play with her son better, chase him around more, and help him develop healthy eating and exercise habits starting in his infancy.

Lets face it, none of these cntestants, or past contestants, are overweight because they ate too many veggies, too much fruit, and too many things of yogurt. They are at the weight they are at because they ate too many burgers, too many fries, too many cookies, too much crap. It did not provide the nutrients they needed and they gained a ton of weight. If you eat like that when you are pregnant, you are not giving your baby the nutrients it needs. If you change your habits, eat healthy, you will provide your baby with all the nutrients it needs and lose weight. It is healthy for Mom and baby and it is encouraged.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 8:51 AM

I wonder if Danni gave up her visit to Gina and Michael to get their votes in case she went below the yellow line.

The moment I saw her do it, I assumed that IS in fact why she did it. And I don't blame her--she's got no real allies, since we know they hold onto the team stuff indefinitely, no matter what color shirts they are wearing.

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:16 AM

I'm sure when Dolvett flashed his big smile and spoke in his soothing voice, it may have not dawned on Mike's wife until later what he basically said.

and... if Bob was Mike's trainer up until this week, why did Dolvett have the heart-to-heart with Mike and his wife?

loki1957

loki1957

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:cats, photography, cooking

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

I don't think Mike's wife just got that big by having a baby. She was probably quite large anyway, so why would she take offense? She needs to support him and his weight loss and a good way to do that is to eat healthy herself. He will fail if she has all kinds of junk food in the house to sabotage him. It's happened before.

WasntMe

WasntMe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

Francelina's neck was kinda creeping me out this week. Has anyone noticed that? It has a, like, swollen donut shape. It was weird.

I noticed that very early in the season. It might be getting more distinct as the fat around her face and neck is lost, but it's been there a while. I just thought it was a weirdly located fat pocket.

banban

banban

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

I am not a fan of the dark. If I had been there and with no warning all the lights went out....I would have lost my mind. I wonder if they already knew that no one there was going to freak out about the dark???

lavendergirl

lavendergirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

I think Gina is totally playing the game. She comes in last at all the challenges, complains during all the workouts (at least that is what we are getting from her edit( but always posts decent to great numbers. I think the telling comment was she immediately turned to Jeff when Mike was below the red line and said 'we need to vote him off!' She couldnt hold it in the minute she found a chnce to vote off one pf the stronger players. She can lay low for a few weeks and might get lucky if some people have bad weeks and I think she will play 'the game' as long as she can. It's interesting the red line works in her favor because it exploits people who have bad weeks--it's either Mike or Francelina in danger if they are still in teams not both of them. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Boo to Jeff. That was terrible.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:42 PM

I don't get it why Jillian has to scream in their faces when they are doing the activity as prescribed. I could maybe see her screaming, if that has to be her style, IF they stopped, or slowed, or began doing it wrong or half-assed or something. But damn, when they're doing it, continuing, and doing it correctly - shut the fuck up already with the screaming. I don't get it. Really.

Also, I find that harness pulling thing demeaning. I mean, if they were pulling a weight, fine. But when they are pulling Jillian, it just, ...IDK what.

Edited by ari333, Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:45 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 4:05 PM

began doing it wrong

The problem is the contestants are doing it wrong. Improper techniques are being used but no one seems to care.