4-13: "Into the Wild" 2013.02.07 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

94 replies to this topic

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

It's a mystical barrier, not a physical barrier. There isn't really anything there. I'm assuming the spell, like the one placed on Katherine in the past, is Klaus specific and has no impact on others that pass through.

If that's true, then Caroline had to be a real idiot to get that close to him.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

If that's true, then Caroline had to be a real idiot to get that close to him.

Well, yes. But that's sort of true of getting close to Klaus regardless of the circumstances.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Fanatic

• Interests:Covering Sherlock, Once Upon A Time, The Vampire Diaries, and The Tomorrow People for TWoP. Past shows include Lost, Supernatural, and How I Met Your Mother.

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:34 PM

She didn't breach the barrier. She just didn't imagine Klaus would treat her like a prize winning lake trout. (And yes, she's an idiot for that, I suppose.)

JustaPerson

JustaPerson

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:18 AM

Looks like Rebekah is leaving.

PithyPeach

PithyPeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

I didn't get a chance to post before the site went down last week, and I kinda feel like the ship has sailed since I'm now an episode behind, but I did want to comment on one thing that really bugged me about this episode. I can't believe that the writers expect us to buy this sire bond nonsense with inconsistencies so wide you could sail a ship through them. We were told that Elena could not drink animal blood or bagged blood simply because Damon said things to Stefan like, "She needs warm blood from the vein," without any directive to Elena or explicit prohibition or command or anything. But in this episode--added bonus, Elena also now knows she is (allegedly) sired--Damon looks her right in the face and says, "I don't want you to be cured," and...nothing. It impacts neither her desire for the cure, nor her ability to actively pursue that desire. So he can totally dictate what color dresses she wears, but his wishes regarding their spending all eternity together affect her not at all. Awesome mind control super power there.