22-5: 2013.02.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

89 replies to this topic

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:05 PM

Bring on the drama.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

Selma's funny. Even when she doesn't have running shoes on her boobs.

jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

TPTB is doing their best to stir the pot, aren't they? Their getting kind of blatant with the shenanigans this year, and I'm more cool with than I thought. The Tierra mess especially.

Speaking of Tierra, is she only here to win this or what else could be going on. Personality disorder maybe?

And I can't remember the name of the girl he sent home during the rose ceremony, but I do remember that she gave the best talking heads. I'll miss her.

Kerri Johnson

Kerri Johnson

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:13 PM

Daniella is not 24. A few years ago, maybe. She looks a bit like Ke$ha to me.

Does The Bachelor only employ Country singers to sing romantic songs?

I felt so bad for the poor goats being all locked up.

I bet Selma's mom is going to love the little handjob motion she did in reference to milking the goats. "When Selma gets angry, Selma gets really angry" (or whatever it was). Love, your face doesn't move, how do we know you're angry?

I liked Robyn blasting Tierra about putting on a show as soon as the cameras start rolling.

Interesting that Sean went to Lesley for clarity. It reminded me of when Ashley would talk to JP about her problems.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

Well, this was my first chance to watch an episode on my new flat screen (RIP Ye Olde Tube TV).

For some reason the high def seemed to ramp up Sean's petulance quotient.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

Does anyone know who said, "Are those dogs?" when they saw the goats? Best line of the night.

When will the guys ever learn, if all of the women don 't like someone, there is a reason why. Always.

Leighdear

Leighdear

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

Poor Sean....Obviously he's gone into "stupidity" mode.

Do none of the bachelors watch any previous seasons?

When every.single.woman in the house hates/distrusts/warns about one woman, it's real. It's not manufactured drama, it's not sour grapes, it's not envy.

That many women simply cannot conspire against one, if there is no real basis.

I also LOVED Robyn & her TH's....too bad she was never a real contender.

Strange, but AshLeee reminded me of Supermodel Gisele in some of her shots. And Des reminded me of a young Janine Turner, from her first "Northern Exposure" days...Same sweet face.

Selma strikes me as having almost as big a personality disorder as Tierra, just not quite as obvious.

ETA: Same mindset, Fiona...I'm just more long-winded than you....*LOL*

Edited by Leighdear, Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:32 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

Sean is turning into Ben. If you say something bad about Tierra you are catty and will be punished. I guess I should be grateful he is not telling them to "tread lightly".

They've been showing Tierra getting hurt in the previews which made it obvious she would make it through the 2 on 1 date.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

If these ladies were smart, they'd worry less about Tierra and more about Catherine. No one seems to notice that Sean seeks her out and that they disappear for long periods of time. I am willing to bet if she was on the winning team, he wouldn't have wanted the losing team to join the after party.

Edited by Firthient, Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:39 PM.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

I want to compare Tierrable (can't take credit for nickname) to Courtney, but at least Courtney didn't look like she would break mirrors every time she stared into one.

I don't get it. Why does Fleiss & Co. continually cast recent outpatients from mental hospitals on this show for drama? There is nothing dramatic nor interesting about these women. Hell, it's not even comical anymore.

Sean is slowly treading into Jake/Ben territory. There are some decent choices among these women, but he's so interested in being this savior of lost souls that the good ones (Catherine? Leslie?) may slip away. This is probably the reason why he's still keeping Sarah around in spite of the fact that they really don't have any chemistry. I could be wrong, but he doesn't have the heart to send her home yet.

Robyn? I'm sure there are some decent men of any color out there who will be a better match for you. Sean wasn't the one. The fact that you made it to the out of town dates was a miracle in itself.

Edited by Nedsdag, Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:48 PM.

welsch515

welsch515

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:05 PM

They've been showing Tierra getting hurt in the previews which made it obvious she would make it through the 2 on 1 date.

There have been so many spoilers leaked online in recent seasons, which ruined the viewing experience for me, that I am actively avoiding them this season. However, the editors keep making dumb mistakes like this.

This is probably the reason why he's still keeping Sarah around in spite of the fact that they really don't have any chemistry. I could be wrong, but he doesn't have the heart to send her home yet.

She makes it a little easier to decipher the previews of upcoming episodes. If you see Sean walking along a beach, holding a woman's left hand, it ain't Sarah!

Leighdear

Leighdear

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

The previews for next week showed Tierra in some sort of hypothermia distress, then later snuggled up to Sean with an oxygen-delivery nasal thing hooked up to her...

Are the producers trying to KILL these women?.

What the hell is WRONG with them, they keep putting these women in some serious life-threatening situations. Roller derby, then some type of "polar bear" freezing dip? And the women are just going along with this crap?

This is probably the reason why he's still keeping Sarah around in spite of the fact that they really don't have any chemistry. I could be wrong, but he doesn't have the heart to send her home yet

He can't send her home until the producers decide she's wrung enough sympathy out of the viewers, and given Sean enough cred with the disabled community.

ranchgirl

ranchgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:12 PM

I wish the ladies would just stop giving Tierra any attention and let things sort themselves out.
If Tierra is the kind of lady that Sean wants, then he deserves what he gets. I don't know why the other girls even waste their breath on her ... muchless their small amount of time they get with Sean. I liked what Leslie said to him when he asked her about Tierra. She really didn't rat her out but tried to bring up the point that if a girl doesn't get along with others in the house ... then she is probably like that off the show as well ... and don't you want someone who gets a long with others. Its a smart point but I don't think Sean gets it yet.

I really like a lot of the girls left esp Dez, Leslie, Lindsey and Catherine. There is another one too, but can't think of her name ... the one he took to the amusement park.

The team that won the group date competition had a right to be upset, but I agree with Sean, that this isn't suppose to be a contest but a love connection. I think he should have at least went ahead and spend time with the team that won (and given those ladies more time) before the losing team even showed up. Plus he wasted time with Tierra too.

I watch the previews for tomorrows night show and wonder just how much of that we will even see and in what context, because it is never really what I think it is going to be.

jackjill

jackjill

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:21 PM

Sean is turning into Ben. If you say something bad about Tierra you are catty and will be punished. I guess I should be grateful he is not telling them to "tread lightly".

He even said the same thing Ben said when the other women were telling him about Tierra -- something about them not telling him anything concrete or that would pertain to him directly.

It made me wonder if 1) they are told they can't say certain things 2) they are scared of being told to "tread lightly" or look bad in his eyes so they are vague. If it were me, and he asked me point blank about Tierra (like he did Leslie) -- I'd skip over the "not here for the right reasons" BS and get right to the point.

I think these guys get so bowled over by the attention of the Courtney-Vienna-Tierra types they can't see straight.

theabnormalnorm

theabnormalnorm

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

Robyn? I'm sure there are some decent men of any color out there who will be a better match for you. Sean wasn't the one. The fact that you made it to the out of town dates was a miracle in itself.

Truth. Or even some white guys, if that's what she really wants. I knew she was a goner because 1. She's black and she had been on the show for this long 2. Because I don't recall Sean even talking to her this episode and 3. Because he saw Tierra having a tiff with Robyn yet he speaks to some random blonde chick about it instead of going directly to her? (I don't know names) I thought that was messed up. Especially if Sean really wanted to get to the bottom of things. But, eh, it's all scripted.

I feel like the extended season previews pretty much spoiled all the good parts of tomorrow nights episode. But I am looking forward to some near death experiences and mental breakdowns.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

Once upon a time you would have known that the "villain" was just there for drama and would never actually win. But then came Vienna. And then came Courtney. So now we know anything can happen.

Nevertheless, I can't see Tiera as F1. There are too many others he seems to like as well or better and who are not nut cases. Sarah is another one who will never win. Not only is there zero chemistry, she seems utterly miserable to even be there.

I thought Des looked really pretty with her bangs brushed back off her forehead.

Edited by TomGirl, Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:41 PM.

coconutcookie

coconutcookie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:41 PM

I agree with whoever said AshLee looks somewhat like Gisele Bundchen. She's a pretty girl but I don't think she'll be there at the end.

I think Sean is convincing a lot of the girls they are Number One, or close to it. The only one I could see him sending home tonight was Robyn. The next to leave, IMO, will be Daniela, Sarah and Tierra, but probably not in that order. He tells Tierra he cares about her but he doesn't seem to really enjoy the lizard love with her.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:42 PM

When will the guys ever learn, if all of the women don 't like someone, there is a reason why. Always.

Probably when the women learn that it doesn't really matter to the Bachelor if they like a Tierra (or a Courtney, or a Vienna), it only matters if the Bachelor likes a Tierra. Or a Courtney, or a Vienna.

All the time they waste trying to warn Sean about Tierra is time they take away from their own chance to connect with Sean.

Edited by reggiejax, Feb 5, 2013 @ 12:25 AM.

Higgie

Higgie

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:45 PM

Wow, Tierra is a real mean totally crazy psycho bitch! I am so sick of these dumb Bach's keeping the psycho chick. He seems to feel sorry and worry about her, but is this what he really wants for a wife- a crazy woman who needs constant reassurance? I mean I'm sure he saw Ben's season & that he actually PICKED the psycho of the group. In the preview we see that she has some sort of an issue in tomorrow's episode. With the "fall" down the stairs and now this, when will he see that she is a very fragile girl who should not be on a show like this? I can't believe that Sean actually thought the other girls were picking on her! WTF! He seems to believe everything she says!

It's a shame because there are some really beautiful, intelligent sweet girls there.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:46 PM

What a boring, cookie cutter episode. It was obvious Robyn was going home tonight, she'll be better off anyway.

And we get another ep tomorrow night? Why? They could have sent 2 or 3 home tonight in less time.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 12:11 AM

As often happens when a former contestant becomes the B(ette) I'm growing to hate Sean. He said something about how the women kept talking about Tierra - umm yeah. YOU ASKED THEM YOU DOLT! I'm at a loss how stupid he is.

I LOVE Lesley. She is someone I'd love to hang out with. Which is why she won't win. She's too smart for Sean.

I didn't believe Tierra's "I lost my best friend/boyfriend to drugs/rehab" bs as far as I can throw her and girl is looking chunk so that ain't far. I know this is at least some editing but you can't create material out of thin air. She gives them fodder - maybe it's for camera time. But it's tiresome.

I see Catherine and Lindsey as both quiet but very strong dark horses. They showed zippo of Lindsey's date. I have this suspicion it was because their connection was so obvious that they couldn't w/o giving something away. But he and Catherine have a major thing too - very eye gazing. I feel my fave Lesley is gonna wind up with the friend zone.

I felt bad for Jackie. She had to be stunned and then supposedly the fireworks to rub it in her face.

The competition was too "hoedown Survivor" and was stupid. And I get why the winners were upset. Esp Des who drank the milk and didn't get the rose. Her assessment of him giving the rose to girls who "need" it was right on. Daniella is so much fodder. He's not interested in her at all. But she's pretty and feeds his ego.

Edited by Vexer, Feb 5, 2013 @ 12:14 AM.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 12:22 AM

I don't get it. Why does Fleiss & Co. continually cast recent outpatients from mental hospitals on this show for drama? There is nothing dramatic nor interesting about these women. Hell, it's not even comical anymore.

I'd go further and say the producers HAD to have sought out Tierra and instructed her to go crash the group date party. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a camera crew and Sean wouldn't have been ALONE when he was supposed to be on a group date. The drama is manufactured, and Tierra was the one chosen because she's the one saying 'I just want to WIN".

ETA: Many of these women wear that style of tight, short dress that looks good on very few. Tierra, for example, would look much more attractive if she wore a dress that was a few inches (at least) longer.

Edited by backformore, Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:00 AM.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 12:24 AM

I felt bad for Jackie. She had to be stunned and then supposedly the fireworks to rub it in her face.

I was ready to feel bad for her because she was my favourite, but then I realized she is blessed with a perfectly pretty face and offers a seemingly pleasant personality. I can't imagine an available guy rejecting her if she asked him out, so it's not like she's hit a dead end here.

The group dates are a complete waste of time. I haven't enjoyed any of them this season, and they generally grind each episode to a halt.

Is Sean allowed to oust the one-arm woman yet without looking like a superficial jerk, or does he have to keep her around another week or two?

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:20 AM

Sean, Sometimes the first impression is the WRONG impression. You say you don't want to be played. Well, you are being played. It could be any guy there and Tierra would be playing the same game.

Fergula

Fergula

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:24 AM

Last week I jokingly told my daughter, what next for Sarah, this week Roller Derby, next week they'll have her in a rowing competition and she'll just end up going around in circles. And lo and behold, this week she's on a group date that has a rowing competition! I loved it when one of her teammates asked Sarah if she wanted to row or milk the goat. Hmm, what to choose, what to choose. It does seem cruel to put Sarah in these types of competitions: rowing, sawing a tree, milking a goat. As someone mentioned earlier, she really doesn't look happy to be there.

I don't think Sean is as blind to Tierra as he's being edited. I'm sure his other top picks conveyed the same message as Leslie did. You can have relationships with both the Bachelor and the other women in the house.

I loved that Daniella didn't interrupt Catherine and Sean as they were canoodling on the sofa. I think that was a perfectly realistic reaction. And that's what I would love to see more of. Normal people reacting to outrageous situations, such as 25 girls vying for one man. The concept is interesting in itself; there's no need to add extra Tierra drama.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:36 AM

I was only popping in and out of the show tonight so may have missed some scenes with Tierra but except for a couple of head shots where she was pretty tough and bitchy, I almost felt sorry for her. To a degree it's correct that if someone is disliked by everyone else there's probably a reason but it's also a fact that there can be a real herd mentality and it's easy for the group to pick on one person. Tierra is right that it seems like the other girls are ostracizing her and talking about her constantly which would be uncomfortable for anyone. And if someone wants to go and sit in front of the fire by herself, why did the others find it necessary to follow her and confront her? Confront her about what? To quit going after Sean? To quit being upset because we're all being really pissy towards you?

I don't think Tierra is completely blameless but I also don't think she's the devil incarnate as the other girls seem to be trying to claim. Girls can be so bitchy.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:37 AM

It does seem cruel to put Sarah in these types of competitions: rowing, sawing a tree, milking a goat. As someone mentioned earlier, she really doesn't look happy to be there.

RIGHT! Sarah told Sean a story of not being allowed to do ziplining because of her disability. The producers didn't understand the point. She wanted opportunities to participate in things she WANTS to do - Not to COMPETE on tasks where her disability makes the competition so much harder for her.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:40 AM

Okay, I'm about to go to the spoiler thread to see how long Tierra lasts in this thing, because the show is not watchable for me now. I fast-forward through scenes with Tierra, and scenes where people are talking about Tierra. Not much left.

Also, I live 90 minutes away from Lake Louise and can not believe I didn't know the Bachelor was filming there!!!

violetr

violetr

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 2:23 AM

Aw, Bachelor SAD. Bachelor no like hard. Want wife easy. Not work!

GlamSnooky

GlamSnooky

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 2:27 AM

Interesting that Sean went to Lesley for clarity. It reminded me of when Ashley would talk to JP about her problems.

I LOVE Lesley. She is someone I'd love to hang out with. Which is why she won't win. She's too smart for Sean.

I also love Lesley, my little brainiac. She explained the issue with Tierra so well. I do, however, agree with Sean in being frustrated that the women aren't giving examples and specifics. This is not an alien concept to gossiping women, who usually love the specifics ("Did you hear what she said to so-and-so!?"), so I am thinking it's producer interference, as someone mentioned unthread. I also think it's producer guidelines because I don't remember much in the way of specifics being shared any time this has happened in the past -- it's always the dreaded "not there for the right reasons," not "She slammed the bathroom door in my face and laughed about it." Maybe the producers want to keep the show a cut above other dating reality shows like Flavor of Love?

I also don't appreciate being spoiled by the show itself!

If these ladies were smart, they'd worry less about Tierra and more about Catherine. No one seems to notice that Sean seeks her out and that they disappear for long periods of time. I am willing to bet if she was on the winning team, he wouldn't have wanted the losing team to join the after party.

Yeah, I had that thought, too. It has to be someone in that group of four that he has a serious eye on. Catherine and Sean seem to really have something. She looked really worried during the rose ceremony, but until then she's been really relaxed and happy about Sean. I watch their body language a lot during their one on ones, and Catherine and he are open and turned to each other (or on top of each other!), where often with other women their legs are crossed and they're slightly leaning away (Daniella until she jumped him.) Danielle even noticed, and felt she would be interrupting a private moment between a couple -- not often do fellow bachelor/ettes hesitate to interrupt.

I wish the ladies would just stop giving Tierra any attention and let things sort themselves out.

Yeah, they're feeding into her martyr/victim complex big time. I hate Tierra, she sucks -- However, I don't blame her for walking out of the room when one of the girls starting going on about how Jackie was the sweetest one in the house, and what a shame it was that Sean… (the rest of the thought was obvious, albeit unspoken.) It was intentionally designed to hurt Tierra.

That said, Sean's stupid theory that the women dislike her because she got the first rose is so ridiculous. He gave out rose after rose that first night! Clearly that's not it, Sean!

The team that won the group date competition had a right to be upset, but I agree with Sean, that this isn't suppose to be a contest but a love connection.

I am SO glad he said that! These "dates" where they compete are really stupid. Because Sean isn't even involved! He stands on the sidelines and acts like the cheerleader, but really getting no time to get to know the women until the competition is over. Glad he actually said something about it.

I think Sean is convincing a lot of the girls they are Number One, or close to it. The only one I could see him sending home tonight was Robyn.

I expected Robyn to go for this reason. I don't think it had to do with her getting into it with Tierra. Robyn was probably bored being there anyway, since she and Sean had no chemistry, so why not mix it up with the Snakey One?

Edited by GlamSnooky, Feb 5, 2013 @ 2:30 AM.