Big Brother Canada

• Please log in to reply

683 replies to this topic

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

Me too. I hope they put that phone to good use. I think it's a neat idea. I've only watched one season of BBUS, have they had something like that before?

Not BB US, but the idea's been used a few times in the other versions using the original Big Brother format - the UK's done something very similar, as has the original Dutch version. I quite like that they're trying to blend the original format with the US format.

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 12:21 AM

Is anyone else confused by all the alliances and sub alliances this season? I'm having a hard time keeping track of it all. I can't tell where everyone's ultimately loyalty lies.

The '9' alliance: Tom, Emmet, Peter, Alec, Topaz, Liza, Jillian, Andrew, and Talla.

The 'Quatro' alliance: Tom, Emmet, Peter, Alec

The 'Misfit' alliance: Gary, Danielle, and Aneal(?).

The 'Girls' alliance: Jillian, Liza, Danielle, Talla.

All the different pairs: Emmet/Jillian, Tom/Liza, Alec/Topaz, Peter/Liza, Emmet/Tom, Peter/Alec, Danielle/Gary, Gary/Topaz, Liza/Aneal.

No alliance: Suzette, AJ.

I kind of like, that unlike the US version, the houseguests don't know what time it is. It throws everything off.

Edited by qeratify, Mar 4, 2013 @ 12:28 AM.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:01 AM

Do they ever see sunlight? Or are they under florescent lights all day? Just watching the endurance challenge on Slice this evening, with the overly bright lighting, started to give me a headache.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:28 AM

Can we call Tom's alliance the Douchebags? I'd really like that.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:30 AM

My understanding is the lights in the 'yard' are set to imitate sunrise and sunset (in lieu of an actual yard because of the unpredictable weather conditions), but there's no actual sunlight in the house. Of course, it's plausible they simply left them on Daytime Mode for the entire challenge.

Interesting stuff coming off the live feeds, apparently.
Spoiler
Not sure if it'll make the episode since it's production-related, but it makes a nice difference from how the US version would handle such a situation.

Edited by SnideAsides, Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:35 AM.

noisebox

noisebox

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:53 AM

Wow Geratify congrats for figuring that out. I keep thinking I am losing it, thinking this is one mixed up group of alliances. I am more confused than ever over Jillian. Is the whole house that deluded that Tom and Emmett don't have a final two? Do they not realize they are being played big time by them or is everyone in on it? I need my bed now.

xfuse

xfuse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

Do we have to cover up stuff from the feeds?
Spoiler

Edit because I went to FAQ and learned how to do spoilers.

Edited by xfuse, Mar 4, 2013 @ 10:10 AM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 11:34 AM

I think I hate every person, minus Talla, but I'm still entertained/intrigued by the whole thing.

I want the next HOH to be someone who will target Emmett. So, in other words, I have no hope. Emmett is hands down the biggest threat for every single person. He comes off as just as much of a dick as Tom to me, but everyone loves him.

The alliances remind me of last season's BBUS. There were so many duos, trios, quads, octagons. It's kind of frustrating but really fun at the same time.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

I think I hate every person, minus Talla . . .

I don't mind Topaz, either, but I haven't watched the feeds yet. Perhaps I hate all of them, too.

I asked on my blog (and in here earlier) if Talla is playing dumb or if she is dumb. She didn't seem dumb while making a deal with Jillian, and when she was talking with Tom, nodding in agreement was probably her best strategy. Does anyone have a read on her. I'll take it with spoiler bars if I need to!

Emmett is becoming a douchebag by association, but he's got a good handle on exactly how he's perceived. As I mentioned a while back, I would have voted him out in week one because he IS supported. Whoever is supported today is usually supported later in the game. You can never give those house guests the chance to get further.

xfuse

xfuse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

Topaz spends all of her time wrapped in a blanket with either a towel on her hair or it looking like a ratty mess.

I think Talla is playing dumb or maybe crazy is a better way to describe her. When she is bored she makes entertainment for herself. She doesn't seem to be attached to one person so she 'jokes or entertains' people. She doesn't seem to take herself serious.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

That's funny, because I've read those comments about Topaz on the BBC Facebook page, but on the live show she looked so hot. I even like her Erykah Badu headgear, even if it's completely unintentional.

So what's up with AJ's nipples and why were they a topic of conversation. Also, someone mentioned on my blog that they hate the way that he wears his pants. What's up with that?

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

I want the next HOH to be someone who will target Emmett. So, in other words, I have no hope. Emmett is hands down the biggest threat for every single person. He comes off as just as much of a dick as Tom to me, but everyone loves him.

Suzette MIGHT target Emmett. I know she absolutely hates Tom, so he's definitely going up if she wins HoH, and might put up Emmett alongside him again. The only reason she wouldn't put him up would be because of Jillian. I don't really get the Jillian/Suzette deal (and neither does the entire house, since they're still confused why she wasn't put since she is probably the main threat to the Tom/Emmett alliance that Jillian seems adamant to protect).

I think Gary would also be a great HoH. Since it's likely that
Spoiler
is leaving this week, Gary might go after Emmett/Jillian for lying to him.

noisebox

noisebox

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 12:43 AM

Topaz did a great impression of a brat this weekend. BB was pissed with the lot of them for being extremely slow with complying with requests to put on their mics, etc. and Topaz was singled out for being the worst offender that day. They told them they were losing 48 hours of hot water and for Topaz to gather up the homemade game and bring it to the storage room. Well, she didn't like that and gave BB an effin earful. She was arsing about, got called out for being too slow and told to move it. Honestly, if I was in the house, her performance would put a target on her back for being a suck.

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 2:19 AM

I do think she should have kept her mouth shut about it and stopped mouthing off but I sort of understand where she's coming from considering Jillian and Emmett have been far and away the worst offenders of this from what I've seen on the feeds. To get singled out like that when she's been pretty consistent (her opinion, not mine), would probably be incredibly frustrating.

I would have preferred if they'd called Emmett out, tbh, because he's way too well liked and he really bothers me. Heh.

That being said I love, love, love, that they got punished. They were getting away with a lot of crap, covering their mics so no one could hear what they were saying, taking them off and not putting them back on in a timely fashion. Well deserved punishment, IMO.

xfuse

xfuse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:19 AM

I would have preferred if they'd called Emmett out, tbh, because he's way too well liked

Emmett is not as well liked as I thought. Danielle and Gary was making fun of him last night.

On a shallow note: I was watching the feeds of Andrew in the kitchen and he was talking to someone upstairs. I see these tiny little legs coming down the stairs. It was Emmett. Next Jillian came down stairs and she and Emmett was standing really close. I noticed that her legs were bigger than his.

As for Big Brother being pissed about the houseguest not listening to them. Andrew, AJ and another person (out of camera range at the time) were complaining the first day we had feeds that people were not listening to BB and when they got 30 minutes warning not to go into the house people did not listen. Andrew was complaining about it because he figured they all were going to get punished for it.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 12:14 PM

I don't mind Topaz, either, but I haven't watched the feeds yet.

I don't mind Topaz either. I mean she's barely been around any of the times I've watched the feeds though so I don't know much about her.

Suzette MIGHT target Emmett. I know she absolutely hates Tom, so he's definitely going up if she wins HoH, and might put up Emmett alongside him again. The only reason she wouldn't put him up would be because of Jillian. I don't really get the Jillian/Suzette deal (and neither does the entire house, since they're still confused why she wasn't put since she is probably the main threat to the Tom/Emmett alliance that Jillian seems adamant to protect).

I kinda like Suzette. I LOVED when she nommed Tom/Emmett the first day. That was such a great move. Then of course everyone, including her, became idiots and voted out the wrong person, but still. I'd love to see her win HOH. If only because everyone would be so pissed and probably find some way to whine about how she doesn't deserve it.

I would like to see Gary as HOH, too. I can barely stand him, but I can see him targetting Emmett and that would be enjoyable for me.

I would have preferred if they'd called Emmett out, tbh, because he's way too well liked and he really bothers me. Heh.

I'm glad someone else is bothered by Emmett. I really can not stand him. I prefer Tom TBH. At least Tom's OTT arrogance and douchebaggery is funny. Plus, everyone can see what an asshole Tom is.

Since it's likely that

Spoiler
is leaving this week, Gary might go after Emmett/Jillian for lying to him.

Really?
Spoiler

ETA: I forgot to mention that the editing for the episodes is so bad. Like it is so difficult to figure out what is going on IMO. I don't know if it's maybe just because I don't watch as much of the feeds for this as I do for BBUS though. That actually probably is it. I don't know how people follow this show without the feeds!

Edited by peachmangosteen, Mar 5, 2013 @ 12:17 PM.

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

I would like to see Gary as HOH, too. I can barely stand him, but I can see him targetting Emmett and that would be enjoyable for me.

I wouldn't be so sure. In the feeds he said,
Spoiler
The problem with the people outside of that core 9 alliance is that they think they have sway when they have none at all.

I'm glad someone else is bothered by Emmett. I really can not stand him. I prefer Tom TBH. At least Tom's OTT arrogance and douchebaggery is funny. Plus, everyone can see what an asshole Tom is.

Yes. While I don't like Tom either, his douchebaggery is out in the universe. Everyone knows what he is. But Emmett is an undercover asshole. I think he's skating through with other people because he looks better in comparison to Tom.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 5:48 PM

I'm really finding myself unable to deal with Liza and Talla. They're both such annoyingly vapid wastes of oxygen. I could deal with Tom, but... these two do absolutely NOTHING for me.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. In the feeds he said,

Spoiler
The problem with the people outside of that core 9 alliance is that they think they have sway when they have none at all.

These people are all so stupid! Sigh. It's funny but annoying.

I just wonder what the real alliances are. I guess it's a bit to early to suss out.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:42 PM

Last night, or before, I noticed Andrew in the kitchen, talking with Gary and starting to leave on numerous occasions but kept returning to continue the conversation... although it was pretty much finished... and purposely touching him. On the shoulder mostly, but it seemed like some kind of strategy on Andrew's part. He was almost being flirtatious. It just didn't seem genuine. Did anyone else see that?

noisebox

noisebox

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

Andrew was buzzed last night, so who knows. He had a chat with Liza later on asking if she has noticed how Gary has been buzzing around him all night, do you think he wants something?

Both Gary and Danielle cannot go soon for me, even before Tom. I never thought I would say that. They are so bloody juvenile, Danielle coughing in her hand and wiping it on Aneal's sweater, while Gary proceeded to wipe the sweater on a pot. Sick of hearing Danielle and her treaty status, Idle No More I'm sure doesn't want the likes of her. The two of them are such delusional famewhores. This is Canada, you don't get famous by being on a reality show, you have to have done something to contribute to society and even that doesn't give you status here.

Emmett and Jillian were doing something resembling the horizontal mambo last night. Just 30 mins before she was saying to Emmett that they don't broadcast anything from the HOH during After Dark, only the kitchen and the backyard. How many school boards do you think will want her after last night.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

This is Canada, you don't get famous by being on a reality show, you have to have done something to contribute to society and even that doesn't give you status here.

No wonder there's no such thing as DWTS Canada anymore.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 12:21 AM

Andrew was buzzed last night, so who knows. He had a chat with Liza later on asking if she has noticed how Gary has been buzzing around him all night, do you think he wants something?

Andrew or Gary wanting something?

When they are having a conversation, I find Gary to be apathetic, almost indifferent to Andrew. It's Andrew who is trying to make chummy friends... probably all strategy. Gary seem to like all the females though... he seems so comfortable with them and is very talkative.

I found a better feed, I was watching one that was fuzzy and never zoomed in. I didn't realize we could watch better feeds with better camera angles.

noisebox

noisebox

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 1:35 AM

As in Gary wanting something, getting all chatty when he didn't say boo to him before. I still can't believe Jillian is that bloody stupid. That is going to be on the internet FOREVER!!!

xfuse

xfuse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 4:14 PM

The two of them are such delusional famewhores.

No worst than the rest of them talking about the camera following them, Canada loves them and should they be actors or comedians after the show.

As in Gary wanting something, getting all chatty when he didn't say boo to him before.

I have seen Gary and Andrew have conversations a few times on the feeds. I think Andrew is the only person who regularly talks to everyone. He also is the one who if someone mentions missing someone or something tries to help. Liza and Alec yesterday were alone and talking about when they are alone they only talk about is how they never talk to each other

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:05 AM

Did I hear Tom right when he was arguing about the vodka? Did he tell Talla that the "far east" was coming out? I suppose he meant middle east, but jeeeez.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:25 AM

Tom isn't as great as he thinks he is. Didn't he have a remark about white girls getting drunk, or something?

Emmet is cute, but has no personality and doesn't seem to have much game either.

I thought tonight's Slice show was fairly well done. The house-guests were much more interesting than what I've watched on the feeds. It's always nice to hear the DRs and what people are really thinking. So far, there seem to be 3 firm alliances of two each... Tom and Emmet, Liza and Jill, Peter and Alec. I wonder how that will work out.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:30 AM

Tonight's show also made me a fan of Danielle because her comments in the diary room were hilarious. And if she stays, we won't have to hear Aneal rap again. Goooo Danielle!

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:45 AM

Aneal and his rap, bwah. That was painful. What an awkward turtle he is.

xfuse

xfuse

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 7:02 AM

So far, there seem to be 3 firm alliances of two each... Tom and Emmet, Liza and Jill,

I don't think that these are firm alliances of two.
Spoiler