12-5: "Auditions: 5" 2013.01.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

40 replies to this topic

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 10:13 AM

I had a bridesmaid dress from 30 years ago, that I misplaced. I see Mariah found it. If I recall. the name of the color was "seafoam".

The girl - Brianna? wha was bullied. Randy tells her that "here at Idol we don't believe in bullying and being mean to people". Really? Because I keep seeing people who are mocked and bullied by the judges if they don't measure up.

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

I noticed that Micah spoke way better after he sang too (Unless that was also my imagination). Maybe confidence has a lot to do with how he sounds when he speaks, dunno.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:24 PM

Another fraud- Matt Farmer.

Matthew Farmer admits he lied.

SnarkyTart

SnarkyTart

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:19 PM

Wow. It doesn't get much douchier than that. He was medavaced out for overdosing on accutane and alcohol, and never saw a single firefight action? Wow.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:09 PM

I wonder if someone told Minaj to shut it or perhaps she read about herself.

I'm so sick of the sad stories, I can't even.... I watch TV to feel joy, in the case of talent shows, to laugh at comedies etc to escape for a few minutes from stress. I do not want to end up in tears over someone's super sad, heartbreaking story. I just don't. Sorry, that that is selfish, but I really can't much more with these back stories. Sheesh. GMAFB.

katycat74

katycat74

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:51 PM

Re: Matt Farmer...how does someone in this day and age think they can get away with this crap? Twenty years go, maybe, nowadays going on national TV and lying your ass off is just asking for being called out as a douchebag..

smartbunny

smartbunny

Video Archivist

• Interests:MST3K, Sopranos, My So-Called Life, Buffy, Sex & The City, Six Feet Under, Louie, Kids in the Hall, Project Runway, 30 Rock, The Simpsons, X-Files, VEEP, Seinfeld, WWE, Bosom Buddies.

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

That was funny, but I thought she said that the girl wants you to know that she plays piano and loves ballet.

I'm sure you're right, that makes much more sense and I must have thought she said "LA".

It's a genre of music called Screamo. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

Gee, I don't know. I don't think she was doing a style of anything, just being all fakey-rebellious.

Chocorokoroko

Chocorokoroko

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 7:15 AM

Sigh. Good thing Matt Farmer didn't stand out so much for me. Too many people do what he did, besides the lying of course; using his daughter to get through to the judges. But on a very sick account.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2013 @ 1:48 AM

Okay, seriously, Matheus walked in all "gosh, this is my big chance!" when he's already been on The Glee Project? You came to LA for that, asshole. Congrats, you made it on a second FOX reality show. I also thought his voice was okay at best. His TGP performances never really impressed me, so I doubt he'll wow me on Idol.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2013 @ 11:57 AM

Matthew Farmer admits he lied.

This is douchey and gross (luckily I didn't care for him to begin with), but it says a lot about American Idol that the people auditioning feel the need to have a sob story.

Captain Jazz is one of my absolute favorites from the Audition rounds. She was amazing!

ced41

ced41

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 3, 2013 @ 1:04 PM

I am BEYOND FURIOUS that Matheus was able to use his schtick to get an audition in front of these judges.

He was definitely one of the worst contestants on The Glee Project and clearly faked parts of his story on Idol to make it seem like we never heard of him and that he had this 'inspirational story'. Definitely agree that some people make bullying more than what it is to get on, we clearly see that people are hungry to fake these stories because they know that's what Idol loves, like that Matt Farmer guy.

There's a reason why it didn't work when you 'went to LA' after Season 1 of TGP and it's not to do with how you look. It's to do with your very average talent and lack of star quality.

Surely when they audition they have to let producers know about any other TV shows they've auditioned/been a part of, if that's the case then why would TPTB want to put this guy on the show when he was so forgettable on the last FOX show he was on?

I will be surprised if he makes it beyond Hollywood week...

The show really should make it less about these stories because it is starting to bite them in the ass and it annoys most of the viewers who just want to see some talent.