Chuck & Wynona: TAR 22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

30 replies to this topic

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:05 PM

Chuck and Wynona

Turbo

Turbo

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 10:38 PM

Man, that hair. Phil and I were thinking the same thing about Chuck's hair. Quite distracting.

Were they seriously the only team not to notice the clues in the bucket right away? Seems that everybody else did pretty easily.

Wynona struggled with that Roadblock, but unlike the bottom three teams, at least she didn't quit it, so kudos to her!

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

They work well together and seem to be decent at navigation, which is good, but Wynona was getting winded running up the path at Griffith Observatory. That does not bode well. They'll probably stick around for a few more legs, but when things get more rigorous, they're going to fall off.

soapygirl

soapygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 6:16 PM

Well the young dating couple is a mainstay of TAR but now it seems we must also have at least one couple with their own theme music.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

Watching that extra clip of Wynona getting hurt on the way to the observatory really killed my respect for Chuck.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Watching that extra clip of Wynona getting hurt on the way to the observatory really killed my respect for Chuck.

Can you elaborate why? I was kind of heart broken when I read this because I thought he was really supportive at the sandcastles- so I went and found the clip, and he really didn't do anything. He voices over "he was so mad at her"- but he doesn't yell at her or anything. It was kind of just nothing (which is why I can see why it didn't make the show.)

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

Can you elaborate why? I was kind of heart broken when I read this because I thought he was really supportive at the sandcastles- so I went and found the clip, and he really didn't do anything. He voices over "he was so mad at her"- but he doesn't yell at her or anything. It was kind of just nothing (which is why I can see why it didn't make the show.)

To me, it doesn't matter if he didn't openly voice it to her. The moment she hurts herself, his immediate thought isn't, "Oh no! Is my wife OK?" -- instead, it's, "OMG, she just RUINED our race!" Like she pulled a muscle on purpose. Jerk.

molshoop

molshoop

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 7:46 AM

And yet another tiresome example of a man not listening to his female partner because he's always right by default.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 8:19 AM

Well, maybe if Wynona would actually do a task Chuck might listen to her. He is too busy doing all the heavy lifting. They are always last and she is always saying how she is the weakest player. And, I don't think they are going to improve one Wy has to start doing the road blocks which. I think he has done most of, right? I could be wrong but they each have to do 6, right? They are about 4 or 5 shows in and I think he has done most of them. IMO!!

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:52 AM

Chuck: "We may have bitten off more than we can chew..."

YA THINK?? This is one of the more inept teams to run the race. She can't do anything that involves the tiniest bit of physical exertion, and he can't think more than a half-step ahead. I wonder how long they're going to circle the drain before they finally leave.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

I think Chuck is kind of underrated, albeit sloppy, and would certainly do better with a partner who wants to be there and is willing to be an actual partner. That said, I can't feel that sorry for him. I like Wynona well enough, though her nagging annoyed me in the episode. But I don't think she suddenly became less physically active or willing to "carry" the heavy load on the race. Essentially, Chuck knew who she was going into the race, which is probably why he's not shown more frustration over it (on the show, at least). Wynona needs to pull her weight a lot more, but Chuck needs to realize that Wynona might have some contributions to make beyond the physical as well.

Jedi Nut

Jedi Nut

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

I despise Wynona. It's simply maddening to see anybody who doesn't wanna be there on shows like this. The only way she can redeem herself is by actively volunteering to do a Roadblock, before the limit leaves them with no other choice. She can go on to fail miserably, but at least it will show some degree of giving a damn.

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:05 AM

From the episode thread, but it's really about Chuck and Wynona:

Honestly, I think KF hit her way back when she was making sand castles and decided to stay with her. That's the only excuse I can come up with for the way she's behaved. Well, either that or she's just a bitch. She probably told Chuck she'd go because it was his dream but that was all she was willing to do. Would not be surprised to hear that they split. Poor Chuck.

Chuck is clearly the one who wanted to go on the race, he's a semi-competent racer who appears to be a real fan. Wynona is doing this so that Chuck can experience his dream but her heart is obviously not in it. That said, I don't feel sorry for Chuck. I doubt that Wynona's overall lack of enthusiasm for the race is coming as a surprise to him, and he obviously was aware of her lack of physical conditioning. He should have found a different partner to run the race with if his goal was to be competitive.

My wife and I both enjoy TAR. She knows she would be a bad racer (fear of heights, not willing to try weird foods, can't drive a stick and a bad knee are just a few of the things that would hold her back). If I ever decided to try out for the race I would find someone else to race with. Chuck knew what he was getting into, he knew who he was bringing as a partner. He can't blame Wynona for behaving the way he probably should have seen coming.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

Surprisingly though, she's done the last two roadblocks and they've moved up from the back of the pack.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

I've always liked this team, and it's a shame they're labeled as dumb or stupid. Particularly given some of the other teams from this season, a few who still remain. In any case, I'm glad Wynona is stepping up, if only because she has to. It would be nice if she were a bit more appreciative of Chuck, but she seems okay overall. Could do with less whining and more doing, but maybe the whining is what gets her through the tasks.

They could certainly be a contender, if Wynona had more self-confidence and was more physically fit. As it stands, I would be surprised if they make to F3. Then again, none of the remaining teams are particularly sharp, so perhaps some of them will mess up enough to get these two into F3.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

This couple is a lot of what I like about TAR: Normal people.

They also seem to be mostly supportive of each other, with only slight nagging (because come on- how can you watch someone else do a task and not try to start telling them how to do it).

I'm glad to see them doing a bit better. That's go to help Wynona's self esteem on the race.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 12:06 PM

Surprisingly though, she's done the last two roadblocks and they've moved up from the back of the pack.

Good catch! I hope she realizes this and takes it to heart to realize she can do a lot more than she ever thought!

The previews for the next episode look like she'll be challenged and I hope she succeeds as well there too. Imagine the boost to her confidence if she does!

Orton

Orton

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

This couple is a lot of what I like about TAR: Normal people.

Eh, I don't consider it "normal" that Chuck's big African fantasy is to kill the animals he sees and put them on his wall. I was hoping a gator would get him.

GlamSnooky

GlamSnooky

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 12:44 AM

I HATE Chuck!! He goes to Africa, sees the wonderful animals, and his dream is to blow their brains out and hang them on his wall! UGH! Disgusting. That couple can't get off my screen soon enough, what a couple of ignorant hicks.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 7:43 AM

Eh, I don't consider it "normal" that Chuck's big African fantasy is to kill the animals he sees and put them on his wall. I was hoping a gator would get him.

Sure isn't normal for me, and I too found that sad and a little sick, but it is normal for a lot of people who hunt. They don't appear to be actors or aspiring actors, to me, that's normal people.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:56 PM

This team seems one of the few who hasn't gotten caught up in alliance-building/friends BS, so I can appreciate that about them. I'm sure some of it is because the teams don't seem to take them seriously, but there's something to be said about being free of the baggage that often accompanies alliances. You can run your own race without having to worry about how this team or that team will fair/share information/feel about being left behind, blah. For my part, if Wynona was a bit more gung-ho and fit, they'd be a strong team.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:21 AM

Good riddance.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:55 AM

While Wy did a good job at walking the ledge (it did look high up) she really was a pain in the ass going up the hill in the snow. She just laid there while Chuck tried to push her up with his head!?!? It look like Chuck was trying to use the sleds upside down which wasn't a bad idea but Wy was just letting the cheese roll down the hill without even trying to use the sleds. I thought they might be able to beat the penalty but alas it wasn't meant to be. Honestly, Wy was a huge hindrance to this team and deserved to go home. I think if Chuck had someone a little more helpfull he would have gone further.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

The constant physical tasks just caught up with her. But I was not sorry to see them go. Too much annoying bickering.

bossysheryl

bossysheryl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

While I liked Chuck's "race!" attitude, the longer they were on, the more annoying his wife's whining got to be. If you don't like the way your husband is talking to you, SAY SO TO HIS FACE, you stupid, passive-aggressive goof-off. I'm glad they're no longer on my TV. Chuck really should have asked one of his hunting buddies to race with him, instead of his whiny, sad-sack wife.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

She just laid there while Chuck tried to push her up with his head!?!?

That was the funniest part of the episode! Not to mention she suggested he go ahead of her and pull her up. Just how would he do that if he had both sleds on top of trying to keep his own balance? I don't doubt that Wynona was exhausted and struggled (we saw how much Katie struggled), but I also wonder if Wynona had spent the same energy actually trying to accomplish something vs emphasizing how she couldn't do it, would they have gotten a bit further on the race?

I only feel mildly sorry for Chuck, because he presumably knew exactly who she was and her level of fitness when they signed up. That said, I thought it was amusing that he didn't respond to Wynona's whining to the camera about him. I know there was some speculation on their marriage, but I'd be surprised if they broke up. I mean, what would Wynona complain about, otherwise?

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:28 PM

And, I wanted to see Chuck & Wynona to do the shave your head or die task. Now, that would have been funny. I actually liked Chuck and I think he could have done better if he had a better teammate..

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:43 PM

While I liked Chuck's "race!" attitude, the longer they were on, the more annoying his wife's whining got to be. If you don't like the way your husband is talking to you, SAY SO TO HIS FACE, you stupid, passive-aggressive goof-off.

I thought she did, particularly when she told him he wasn't encouraging her, but pissing her off. It did not appear to change his behavior.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 1:00 AM

Given his desire to be in the race, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was crazy overblown in his praise of her and encouragement in order to get her to try out and get on the race and then he just got super competitive and turned on her during the race.

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 9:46 AM

Their TV Guide interview was interesting (there's a link in the episode thread). Wynona was wearing sneakers for the climb up the hill, that had to have slowed her down. She thought Chuck pushing her with his head was funny. She also said she pulled a calf muscle just before the race and that slowed her down. It's certainly possible, or she could just not be in good shape.

Chuck said his mullet kept his head warm and he was worried about having to shave it for a task.

They weren't the best racers but they had a brief spurt where they appeared competent. I think KF got to Chuck during this leg (plus the altitude, possibly) but they had a decent run given the expectations I had for them going in to the race.