19th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards: 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

88 replies to this topic

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

The SAG Awards will be televised on TBS/TNT tomorrow evening, Jan. 27. Dick Van Dyke will receive the SAG lifetime achievement award, following on the heels of last year's recipient, one-time co-star Mary Tyler Moore.

Edited by Inquisitionist, Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:27 AM.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:52 AM

This is being broadcast tonight, January 27th. I love Dick Van Dyke, he has to be the best. I felt sorry for MTM last year, diabetes and alcoholism has taken it's toll.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

The 4 most recent recipients of SAG's lifetime achievement award are arguably better known for TV than movies (certainly true of DVD, MTM, and Betty White; kinda true in the case of Ernest Borgnine). Also interesting that three stars of MTM's comedy series have been feted: MTM herself, Betty White, and Ed Asner.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:17 PM

Does anyone know if this will be streamed and where? I don't have cable. I would really like to join in the party here tonite.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:35 PM

The first fashion disasterof the night--Alec Baldwin's hair. I hope he finds a comb soon.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:40 PM

Ariel Winter - wow, what curves. At 14 even. And her birthday is tomorrow, she shares my birthday. Her and Alan Alda, that's my claim to fame.

Jim Parsons, so so sweet.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:48 PM

Yes, Ariel Winter's outfit made me think of a line from Gig--to see the way it clung. On one so young!

WTF, Michelle Dockery? At the Globes she had that weird filigree carapace and this time it's a side boob dress. Carson would not approve.

ETA: What lawsuit was that guy from Glee talking about?

Edited by Alexandria Bay, Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:50 PM.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:51 PM

I am in the room all alone, and I said "side boob" out loud. That was odd.

The interview with Mark Salling was weird and uncomfortable.

ETA: We get it G, you know how to make it rain. Now move on.

Edited by DuckyinKy, Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:53 PM.

Pastprime

Pastprime

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

The Praying Mantis that is Giuliana looks like crap....hair and dress are awful.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:57 PM

This might be the least awful I've seen Elizabeth Moss look.

Ah, the Mark Salling thing--he's being sued for sexual battery. Google.
ETA: He should be sued for wearing that fugly checked shirt.

Jessica Chastain looks washed out. Her hair looks dull. I think that red might a little too much for her coloring.

Edited by Alexandria Bay, Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:03 PM.

Streya

Streya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:32 PM

That shot of Nicole Kidman looked like she needed a comb through her hair! WTF is up with everyone tonight, it's been sloppy tonight.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:36 PM

I am not a huge fan of Ben Affleck, but he whispered something to Jennifer Garner, and she looked at home with such adoration, said "okay" and kissed him. You are too good for him, Jennifer!

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

That moment between Gulianna and Hugh Jackman was hilariously awkward. Still love him though.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

I know I am old, but I think Dick Van Dyke is still handsome.

"....who-hah." Ha! Sofia Vergara is so pretty but she should have stepped away from the spray tan.

Edited by DuckyinKy, Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:06 PM.

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

What has happened to Helen Hunt? Until she said her name, I did not recognize her at all.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

What has happened to Helen Hunt? Until she said her name, I did not recognize her at all.

She looks so skeletal - she's always been skinny, but I guess age has has thinned out her face even more.

Alec Baldwin needs a new colorist. That dark hair on top looks like a toupee.

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:22 PM.

allyw

allyw

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

what's up with Anne Hathaway this award season? All her speeches seems so affected.

gwlisa

gwlisa

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

Oh boy, Anne, you're wearing really thin. I was hoping you'd tone it down since I've always liked you but it's tough nowadays.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

Anne Hathaway is really talented but I think she believes her own press and she so serious for someone so young. Still pretty though.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:27 PM

Sweet to see Amy so happy for Tina, but I was pulling for an Amy win.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

And, Alec needs to give into the gray. He's got the young new trophy wife and doesn't need to try to be young anymore.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:33 PM

I really like Anne Hathaway and think she's a wonderful actress. I wonder if her award show speeches would be better received if she were *acting*?

Streya

Streya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

I love Anne Hathaway too, but it's going to be a long award season.... I think she's trying too hard to be clever, but she's better at just being sincere.

Modern Family, again... I've never seen the show and I'm already sick of it.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

I wanted BBT to win.

Also, wanted Field to squeeze out the win but guess its not meant to be. Aren't the SAGS pretty much the predictor of the Oscars?

allyw

allyw

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

I really like Anne Hathaway and think she's a wonderful actress. I wonder if her award show speeches would be better received if she were *acting*?

Isn't that what she's doing now?

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:43 PM

Yeah, I think Hathaway & Day Lewis are locks for the SAG & Oscars. I'm not really sure about the other awards though.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

Julianne Moore has been the front-runner for this, why would she wear a dress she can't walk up stairs in?

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

Rose Byrne's dress is so very unfortunate. She's so beautiful but that dress does nothing for her.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Short of changing the channel, how do I get Justin Timberlake off my TV screen. Hate that guy.

Ashforth

Ashforth

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:54 PM

She looks so skeletal - she's always been skinny, but I guess age has has thinned out her face even more.

She is super skinny but her face looks like the result of an overly enthusiastic facelift to me. She didn't get her lips plumped out, though, and doesn't look botoxed, so she doesn't have the fully fake face and still looks mostly like herself, just... taut. Really, really taut.

How awful is Julianne Moore's dress? It's so ill fitting. Her breasts are about to sag out of it, it's baggy through the midsection and too tight around the knees for her to walk or get up the stairs. It doesn't even make up for it by being so pretty that you understand why she wanted to wear it.