Big Rich Atlanta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

90 replies to this topic

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:03 PM

In all honestly, they seemed like rather innocent questions to me. I think the real issue here is that Harvin is not comfortable sharing her art and that's perfectly fine and she could have said that.

Agreed on both points. I've been to gallery openings where artists have openly discussed their motivation when asked, and they didn't seem offended at all. Harvin seemed completely out of it when discussing her paintings. She didn't seem comfortable answering questions, and if she wasn't open to the idea of sharing what she's worked on, she's old enough to tell Sharlinda that. She's not a 5 year old. She's pushing 30 or in her thirties.

lemonblueorange

lemonblueorange

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

well, yeah the blondes are spoiled, but harvin is broken somehow
and i do still think racism is part of the south, we see it on both sides (not gonna even mention ashlee, geeeez :|..........)
i mean the minute a white woman slips up she's evil, stuck up, lazy or some kind of evil bxtch...wtf?
I'm from far away and it's sad the south gives out this bad vibe.....and aggression
the south is really effed up, i really do hope it's scripted to the max.....
and yeah color pallets and all,many artists would dismiss a detailed explanation of their art, and would run away if trying to explain what it means or how the viewers are supposed to react to it........surprise is key to mesmerizing the audience

anyhow, spoiled brats are all of them, no exceptions

Edited by lemonblueorange, Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:50 PM.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

I honestly don't see any racism on this show. Just a bunch of spoiled bitches being....bitches.

Yeti60

Yeti60

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

In response to Harvin not being able to talk about her art at her opening, I've worked in art galleries for way too many years and the way this normally works is prior to the opening, a press release is sent out which gives the artist's statement about their work. At the opening, the artist statement is in some sort of handout, on the wall or something similar. If the artist is going to speak about their work at an opening it's all pre-arranged and noted on the press release or invite. The point being, a lot of artists tend to be introverted, not able to talk on the fly and generally uncomfortable have to pull an inpromtu. Long story short, I think Harvan was blindsided. Side note, I didn't think her work was that great...

MontanaLady

MontanaLady

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

I don't think Sharlinda is racist. Knowing that Harvin had severe issues with regard to her artwork, Sharlinda is just an insensitive bitch. She's miserable and wants the whole world to be as miserable as she is.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 1:15 AM

Oops! Wrong thread.

Edited by swankie, Mar 8, 2013 @ 1:25 AM.

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 8:54 PM

Was Harvin really giving her dog CHOCOLATE!?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

That Ashlee really makes me irate. She had to leave town because of a "trauma"? A TRAUMA??? Really??? A trauma is a woman being raped as she walks across her college campus, a trauma is a child locked in a room for weeks w/ no food, a trauma is watching your best friend get blown to bits in Iraq. Getting into some stupid, MUTUAL fight at your silly birthday party is NO trauma! I wish she would go away and stay away.

lemonblueorange

lemonblueorange

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:03 AM

wtf...that interior decorator guy was so nasty and vile, who would hire someone like that?
ananhdi is a nice looking girl, i do like her face and her hair is shiny and all, but if she wants to be a model i hate to brake it to her but it's gonna be very though, especially bc if i'm not mistaken i saw in her photo she had stretch marks :( and i'm sorry but any model agency will have serious trouble with that, the big ones turn girls down even for minor scars (a friend of mine was let go because she had her appendix out and it left a scar not even that bad), and i know first hand, but hey maybe it's not an issue anymore today, it was back in '04.
ashlee's bitchy i wouldn't have shown her that house if i were megan
meyer is annoying
and preacher lady was kinda' imposing on sharlinda's husband's party so...not ok...

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:29 AM

That spat w/ the interior decorator had to be fake. When he yelled, "I'll have your head for this!"....or whatever...I just laughed. So stupid.

blueeyed

blueeyed

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

Normally I don't watch this show it's just too, too much for me but I can't believe no one noticed Kim Z.'s friend Cori was on today. She runs some type of gym for kids.

discokitty

discokitty

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

Oh for the love of bad editing!

Last week, Harvin and Ashlee have bloody Mary's. One second, no celery; next second giant celery stalks coming out of them.

Also, Meyer's earrings kept changing in the "diary room" interviews -- same outfit, but different gold earrings.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 2:22 PM

This show screams scripted, to me. There is just something so inauthentic about their interactions. I had the same feeling about VH1 shows, that is why I stopped watching them-when it came out that some of them were fake. It makes it so hard to watch, because I feel like I am being duped.

I thought it was so sad to watch Kahdijiha (the spelling of her name is ridiculous) be arrested, how upset her mother was broke my heart.

I do not think Kahdijiha and her mother handled the situation with Ashley well. You do not brag about hitting another person, you don't say how they deserved it, and that what is going to happen to them if they say something you don't like.

Well, if that is how you roll, then you should know the punishment for that is being arrested. The fact she spent two days in jail is crazy, though. And being arrested at their country club must have been so shamefull to them. I hope it was a great wake up call for Kahdijiha.

This arrest will stay with her and mess with her life . She won't be able to rent or move into certain properties. She will be banned from some jobs. I am speaking from experience. I have an assault charge against me. No matter what someone says to you, you don't put your hands on them, and you don't brag about beating other people for doing things you don't like.

That being said, I think Ashley was wrong, too. She totally put her hands on Kahdijiha first. She poked at her stomach, and sorry, but that can be considered assault right there. I wonder if Kahdijiha was able to use the video tape from the show for evidence. Also, the tape also shows someone pouring a drink on Kahdijiha. When I got charged with my assault, I had to take anger management classes, and I remember there was a person there who got an assault charge for pouring a glass of milk on a woman. My state recognized that as assault and arrested him.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

I think Khadijah messed up royally when she decided to attend the party and explicitly said she was going even though she didn't like Ashley. She was playing a dangerous game, and now she has a record because she was trying to be funny. SMH. She needs to get it together and mature ASAP...you don't dangle a mouse in front of a snake and expect not to lose your hand. Her mother and aunt are no better, imo.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

That being said, I think Ashley was wrong, too. She totally put her hands on Kahdijiha first. She poked at her stomach, and sorry, but that can be considered assault right there. I wonder if Kahdijiha was able to use the video tape from the show for evidence. Also, the tape also shows someone pouring a drink on Kahdijiha. When I got charged with my assault, I had to take anger management classes, and I remember there was a person there who got an assault charge for pouring a glass of milk on a woman. My state recognized that as assault and arrested him.

Wait what? Khadijah got arrested for the fight with Ashley? I only watched the first episode of this mess and have been keeping up by reading posts. I didn't see the fight but from all the posts here, understood that Ashley first poked Khadijah in the stomach and Khadijah retaliated.

Wow I'm surprised that Khadijah and her mom didn't use the show footage or at least make a police report so that they would have something to use to at least to get Ashley arrested as well.

People really need to be careful going on these reality shows believing that because they are being filmed they are protected from assault or arrest. Example Snooki getting punched in the face, I'll never forget seeing that and Tanesha from Bad Girls getting arrested for getting in a fight at a club, she said she was trying to stop the fight but it's funny how the camera did not film the fight so nobody knows for sure what happened. All these shows care about are ratings not your well being or reputation.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 6:59 PM

The women on this show have the worst, tackiest weaves/extensions I've seen on TV. Bar none. The absolute worst.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

Someone should sit Katie down and educate her a little bit. Her attitude toward Cori's school was so racist it reeked. Then she's bragging to Virginia that she's a 4th generation Atlantan and how there aren't many of them. Honey, lemme tell you something.... I am a member of both the DAR and the DAC and you ain't got nothing to brag about. My family wasn't rich by any means, but considering my family arrived here in 1630 after making a treacherous trip over the ocean from England, I'd love to sit down and compare lineage with you.

Virginia's daughters being ignorant about their ancestors was sad. Everyone should take pride in where they came from and know a little bit about it.

Katie, however, is the biggest snob I think I've ever seen on one of these shows. Second only to Ashlee. Having K arrested at the country club was low. Trashy low. I keep thinking of white trash every time Ashlee opens her mouth, and I am not saying that to be cruel, but she seems to me like someone who really isn't who she pretends to be.

MontanaLady

MontanaLady

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 11:10 PM

I love how people of a certain race love to brag about how long they've been here and make it into some sort of exclusive club, and then expect the world to be as impressed with them as much as they are with themselves. BIG DEAL. My grandmother's side of the family has been here for thousands of years. American Indians can make that factual claim. That being said, as an historian I'm not only put off by Katie, but Virginia as well. In order for us to find out which direction we should be going, we need to look to the past. There's an old saying "those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it" and it is 100% true.

This series is getting as obnoxious as Big Rich Texas.

Edited by MontanaLady, Apr 2, 2013 @ 1:26 AM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

I just watched the most recent episode. Just when I thought Harvin and whatshername sister couldn't get any worse, they do. They have a $1,000 per week allowance and they still go over that to the tune of $5,000 a month? What the heck? Why does a 30-yr old woman with a master's degree live with her mother and feed off of her, expecting her to pay all of her bills? Do they not want lives of their own? OK, I know, stupid question. And I guess 5 minutes with either one of them would send any self-respecting man with means and a career to go running, screaming out of the room.

I would love to know what the organizer of the charity house decorating thing thought of the way it was shown on TV.

Ashlee, if you are such a smart diva who knows all the social graces, someone forgot to tell you that you never wear shoes that are a lighter color than your hemline. Those big red Dorothy shoes with your black dress and black hose looked hideous. But then again, I guess I should consider who's wearing them. *snark*

I watch this show only to make fun of it, obviously, there isn't much else socially redeeming about it that I have been able to find so far.

MontanaLady

MontanaLady

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

Cook: EXACTLY. This show is just a second rate Housewives wannabe knockoff.

I do have to say that Sharlinda and Sabrina remind me of the saying "you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl." Sabrina hitting Katie because Katie was being honest in calling Sabrina a bitch was the actions of a classless trashy person. How unbecoming of a preacher to resort to violence. Both need to learn some manners and stop being so damned LOUD!

dman108

dman108

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 10:44 AM

I'm sorry but I don't recall Katie being honest. She knows Donald gets wasted and harasses women in a really demeaning offensive way, but she still brings him around and defends him. At first Sabrina was trying to warn Katie that she wasn't coming across well on camera (i think she kept saying 'calm down, think about this" etc.). Then Katie pulled out her fake ghetto accent ("guuuurrrlll") and started waving her finger in Sabrina's face. Sabrina calmly asked her to not put her finger in her face. Katie continued to call her guuuurrll, then out of nowhere escalated the situation by calling her a fat ass bitch. Until that point no one was using profanity and no one was making personal attacks. Katie didn't deserve to be hit, but what sort of reaction was she expecting when she took it there? Katie is the type of person who likes to insult people and then hide it under the guise of "telling it like it is." Then she blames the victims of her attacks for "being too sensitive."

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 10:10 AM

Katie is horrible person. She is so awful, I just stare in wonder at her. I don't know if the southern belle routine is an act or if she is just bat shit crazy. My parents are Southern, so I grew up with Southern hospitality rules, and my mother would be horrified if a house guest behaved the way Donald did. She would calmly remove him from the main party area, then tell him he is out of control and if he doesn't stop, she is sorry, but he would have to leave her home. If he kept behaving that way, he would be shown the door, with my father there in the background for support-just in case Donald got more rowdy and out of line. Where was Katie's husband during all this? Doesn't she say he is a devout Christian? How did he allow such behavior in his home?

I gasped when Sabrina slapped Katie. I was really shocked by Katie's ghetto girl neck roll and finger pointing. How does that fit in with the D.A.R? I wonder what they think of Katie, now that they see her on TV? All of them looked like 'butter wouldn't melt in their mouths."

These women need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. They also need to learn to walk away. It's funny, I bet most of them would think of Virginia as low class. Yet, she had enough class to remove herself from the party when Donald was acting crazy. I really like Michael, too. He seems level headed and very together-I see why she likes him. I liked the way he handled himself at the party and and the Friday night (what exactly was that?) with Harvin and Meyer.

I was also very happy when Virginia cut off their credit cards, when they so disrespectfully walked out the house saying they were going out partying on her dime. I was thinking "the hell you would." I am glad Virginia had the same thought.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 11:02 AM

I like Michael too. Good for Virginia. Find happiness with someone who you get along with and understand, regardless of their age.

Her daughters need to grow up. They act like they are 12. GET A FREAKIN JOB! I would never dream of living off one of my parents even though there have been times when I needed their help. Needed new brakes for my car, or a dress for my sister's wedding. That kind of thing I accepted with a huge dose of gratitude. But I'd never in my life live with a parent expecting them to pay all my bills beyond a $1,000 per week allowance. That's crazy.

Yeti60

Yeti60

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:22 PM

This show is like a car wreck you just can't stop staring at it. My quick thoughts.

Big high give to Virginia for financially cutting off those hot messes she calls daughters. Her next step should be to boot them out the door and tell them get a job like everyone else in the real world. One more note -- their jewelry line does not look great.

For the sake of humanity, I'm hoping Ashlee is an actress playing a role and not, in real life, is she really that: (1) stupid, (2) bloated, (3) unattractive, and (4) delussional She also needs to lay off the war paint as it makes her look like a tranny working the corner at 2am for 50 cents a pop.

Megan seems reasonable normal although the fact that her face never moves is troubling.

In addition to being pretentious, a snob and totally vapid, Katie appears to be drugged 90% of the time. Her endless eye popping and stepford wife grin seem to attest to her compromised state. Well, sort of.

The rest of the cast get a pass from me as they can at least express themselves in complete sentences.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 2:42 AM

Just watched the most recent show. Lord have mercy, Virginia is finally going to rid herself of those two vacuum-money sucking daughters. She said that the house belongs to the girls, but that she pays their bills. I am guessing Daddy is somewhere and bought the house for them so he wouldn't have them living with him. Her conversation with Megan's mom was true in that they both have spoiled children who live with them because they have never taught their daughters how to be independent. That's sad, if you ask me. I've worked since I was 17, and babysat for the neighbors before that. I have always had my own spending money. I could not dream of having a $1,000 week allowance and bitching that it's not enough.

I like Michael, Virginia's friend. I think he's giving her the push she needs to be on her own for once. I hate her daughters for how they treat him, and WHY do these two bimbos drag Ashlee everywhere they go? Ashlee almost single-handedly ruined their meeting with the swimsuit designer. Does that girl have no brains? Well, OK, I answered my own question.

I think I understand why Virginia met with Katie at the country club, to try and feel her out on the situation that happened at the designer house. But I thought those two were finished after Katie kept telling her she needed help, or that whole situation with the DAR ladies? Katie is the one woman on this show I absolutely cannot stand. I hope I never run into her when I am in Atlanta.

Personally, I think the jewelry line is nothing to get excited about. I didn't see anything I'd wear. Ever. As the swimsuit lady pointed out, unless you know the story behind each piece (and it would have to be a short novella in order for it to be interesting) there just isn't anything that would propel me to buy a necklace.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Meyer is so stupid, I would not be surprised if she had an actual box of rocks in her head, instead of a brain. She is so disrespectful and vapid. She poured her drink out on the green at the country club, then threw her olive on the ground. Who the hell does she think cleans that up? Magical fairies?

I hope, for her sake, she is as doped up as she appears most of the time. That would at least explain the idiotic behavior. Their behavior screams drugs to me.

I used to like Harvin, but she is rapidly showing herself to be as entitled and stupid as Meyer.

And Ashley, don't even get me started. At first I didn't mind her so much. Now I see she is a horrible, attention whore. She must really hate herself to behave the way she does. She has total low self esteem. You can tell by how she wants to tear any woman down she thinks of as competition, the need to always be seen and the center of attention, and holding on to a man who is obviously not into her, and cheated on her. Hell, he is never around. I don't blame him for that, though.

Mike is a better person than me, I would have got up and walked right out of that bar. Harvin, Meyer and Ashley had a lot of nerve to try to call him on his behavior. What was their gripe again? Oh yeah, he is too mature and stable. Therefore not acting his age. No dears, you two are the ones not acting your age.

They tried so hard to get under his skin, but he read them and didn't take the bait. Even when Ashley was tacky as hell and told the waitress to add an exorbanant tip.

Yeti60

Yeti60

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:08 PM

This show continues to amaze.

The best quote from last night's episode came from tranny in training, Ashlee, when she instructed her "students" to always maintain foot control. WTF? I think I will be adding that skill set to my resume -- i.e., "I possess impecible foot control".

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I looooved Ashley Paige not being impressed with Asslee.

What am I missing when calling someone a bitch is ladylike. Katie deserved every bit of that slap. Had it been me I would have said "Wow wonder what the DAR ladies will say when I send them a DVD of your behavior today" then have some young'uns go handle my light work. She could sue or have Sabrina arrested but if I were Sabrina I'd tell her in no uncertain terms that her (and her husband's) reputation will suffer in the process when I publicize what led up to the confrontation.

I'm sorry to see Goose go she's the best part of the show. Sounds like Sharlinda and Khadijah are out which is good since they never really had a storyline anyway.

Since when do you clap for every outfit at a fashion show.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson, Apr 22, 2013 @ 9:21 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 6:59 AM

Help me out, my DVR stopped just as Goose and the girls were on the steps outside. Was there an end recap saying who was now doing what?

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

I googled "Sheblamesme" and the website is sooo lame. They use all of the pictures from the photo shoot, however there are no close-ups of the jewelry. I didn't even bother checking out the prices. I find the pieces too small to be trendy.