Big Rich Atlanta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

90 replies to this topic

fliptopbox

fliptopbox

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 3:47 PM

Anyone else happen to catch this monstrosity?

Recap thanks to Reality Tea

For anyone who's curious.

channelczar

channelczar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

I caught it. What absolute dreck. I thought Big Rich Texas was bad, but I think Atlanta takes the cake. So of course I'll be watching. At the very least I'll watch until I'm able to tell which blonde is which. I can only tell who Ashley is at the moment. The one thing I couldn't fathom about this cast is how horrible their extensions are. These women live in the hair capital of the South and their hair looks like plastic and shattered dreams. It's too long and it doesn't look like it's clipped into their hair well. They never let their hair down, not once, it was always half up or in a ponytail. That tells me their My Little Pony extensions weren't anchored well on their head and it's hanging on only by the grace of God. I'd be willing to bet it we looked at the back of their heads we'd see more tracks and clips than hair follicles. And the tone of blonde is ridiculous as well, it's as if they bought a My Size Barbie and scalped it. Awful.

Anyway, concerning the show itself, Ashley appears to me to be without class or couth. Bringing champagne to an event? And your dog to match?! She is such a pretender to the lifestyle. And am I the only one who got Sharon Needles parade float challenge from that green dress? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 7:16 PM

Lord have mercy. This was like an even tackier, lower rent version of RHOA. Nothing like watching delusional bitches living the nouveau riche lifestyle, and thinking they're high society while doing it

vintagesac

vintagesac

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 7:45 PM

I love this show! I've seen the first two episodes, and to me this is much better than Big Rich Texas and those old has-beens. These "ladies" are all so amusingly gauche, especially the two sisters who look older than their mom. It wasn't until the second episode that I realized they aren't triplets.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 7:56 PM

I watched the first episode and gave up when I realized there were like 8 blonde cast members, and they all looked exactly alike right down to the ugly extensions and fake bake tan.

fliptopbox

fliptopbox

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

These "ladies" are all so amusingly gauche, especially the two sisters who look older than their mom. It wasn't until the second episode that I realized they aren't triplets

I thought the same thing!

There are so many blondes on this show I'm going to have to read recaps to keep track of all the names...because I'm not sure I want to expel enough brainpower to learn them. And they all have such bad hair. You'd think if these women all had the kind of money they appear to that they'd be able to afford a good weave and keratin treatment. I mean, come on, you're in the hair capital of the south for god's sake! For women so obsessed with their looks they obviously must not have any idea what good taste is.

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:49 AM

Is Ashlee really 27?

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 5:39 AM

Lord have mercy, these women are bad! LOL

Is Ashley real? I know a lot of young women in Atlanta with money and sorry, our paths have never crossed. I caught this show by accident but will definitely be tuning in again just for laughs.

WickedTuna

WickedTuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:32 PM

Lord have mercy. This was like an even tackier, lower rent version of RHOA. Nothing like watching delusional bitches living the nouveau riche lifestyle, and thinking they're high society while doing it

I ran across the show when I was channel surfing. It was like a car accident I couldn't look away from. I spent alot of the time trying to figure out if Harvin was a man or a woman. I spent the rest of the time hoping someone would clock Ashlee and she'd have to have her jaw wired shut.

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

I caught it.

I used to live in Atlanta, which is why I was interested in watching it.

I don't even know what to say about it.

Everyone seems like they're on pills or something. It's very weird.

I will definitely keep watching because I have this weird thing where I love trashy fake reality tv. Can't get enough of it.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 6:23 PM

Aren't most of these girls too old to do a show with their moms? How is a woman who wears an emerald green sequined dress considered classy in ANYONE'S estimation? And what is with the pseudo hip-hop vernacular? So many questions...

I agree that Harvin and Meyer are lovely without makeup but I too thought the mom was the third sister.

I also think Megan is older than 28

Poor Megan is so out of her league with Ashlee.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson, Jan 26, 2013 @ 6:25 PM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

Are Harvin and Meyer the sisters? I thought they looked very pretty when they were sitting makeupless during that kitchen scene. Great bone structure and skin.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

I can't believe most of these girls live with their mothers! Ashlee just comes off as a deluded idiot. IDK, it may prove too much for me to actually get through. lol

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

fliptopbox
Anyone else happen to catch this monstrosity?

I had never heard of this show before. I woke up early...was surfing the channels when I decided to watch it because nothing else I wanted to see was on. Everyone on there acted like they were in the Twilight Zone, especially Ashlee. First and last time watching this drivel.

Edited by prosperity2day, Jan 26, 2013 @ 8:03 PM.

HeavyJazz7A

HeavyJazz7A

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:09 AM

Atlanta is "The Hair Capital of The South?" Because of the Bronner Brothers, perhaps? (And still, why?) One wouldn't think so from these 100 volume horrors. No wig beater worth their round brush would do that to a client.

I have lots of layup time scheduled, so I know I'll get sucked in (plus it's airing on 3 networks and on demand,)but what to do besides despise Ashlee? I kind of like Marvyn's mother for hanging their lifeblood over their heads like a guillotine.

I feel so sorry for Ashlee's dog (who needed a bath,) anyone who has to have things demanded of them by her, or is trying to drive while she's dressed totally inappropriately in clown-like 'fashion.' I've read her FB page is quite something.

Awesome that Kahdijiah read Ashlee about that 'help' condescension.

futureBHwife

futureBHwife

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

I think Harvin & Meyer are pretty naturally.
Them + their mom are funny.

But Ashlee is annoying and disgusting-looking. Money sure as hell can't buy you class or good surgery.

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

If either of those ugly blonde sisters are under 35 I'll eat my hat. 28 my ass. They look like bad drag queens (no offense to drag queens).

Bosman401

Bosman401

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

It was lovely of Ashley to leave the Christmas pageant to drop in at the event at the Club. The only thing tackier than bringing your own champagne to an event is bringing one bottle. To share. With three other people.

FLgirl

FLgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

I think they need to add 10 years to Harvin, Meyer and Asssleee's age, cuz, damn they look beat. I think that was Ass's mom in the corner with H&M's mom (when Goose, love that nickname btw, said that the girls should just duke it out) and Ass's mom looked way better than her and her sister with the dark hair. They both look cartoonish with those Cruella DeVille eyebrows and the weird, evil joker looking smile they flash.

I read somewhere that Assley is very good friends with Cory Davenport, Kim Zolciak's BFF from season 1 & 2 of RHOA. They fawn all over each other on twitter, so that's kind interesting.....

Anyway, I thought Annadi, Khadijiah and their mom's/aunt looked beautiful. Poor Megan and her mom both sound like they are on some sort of downers (Valium, Xanax) but seem pretty harmless. Hope Megan stays far far away from the Ass.

And, btw, Zach is NOT hot. He looked especially douchey showing up to a formal party with his backwards baseball cap on. Far such a society maven, you would think Assley would have never allowed him to show up to her party dressed so inappropriately.

It's a trainwreck, so I'm in.

Shamrocker99

Shamrocker99

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

Thank god someone started a board cause after watching this pathetic mess of a show, I wanted to vent to someone!!! What an unattractive bunch of horribly blonde dyed idiots this centered around!!! I will never get back the hour I lost wasting it watching this crap!!! Ugh!!!

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

Ugh. I love shows like this.

It was interesting watching the two sisters fight. I wasn't expecting that.

What a train wreck.

I do like Kahdijiha. I think? The one who's dad brought home the guy from the gym for her and the one who was looking at condos with her mom... I hope that's the same girl. I like her the best. She seems very smart and not about the bs. I think she's the one who also called Ashlee out at the fashion guys party thing.

futureBHwife

futureBHwife

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

ewww I HATE Asssslee. How she treated Diana who is 17 years old is ridiculous! I wanted to rip assleee's facelifted eyebrows right off of her damn face! Anandi is an idiot for listening to that witch.

I still like Harvin/Meyer/GOOOOSEE. They're funny and I think they're cool.

Khadija and her mom/aunt are also entertaining, that dinner was so funny with the grandma.

Megan has to be on sedatives...she's always sooo calm LOL.

highlight quote of the night from Darrell the designer to asslee: "Who are you, cause I thought Anna Nicole Smith Died"
not laughing @ ANS but at his comment aka referencing that she looked like her LOLOL

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:02 AM

highlight quote of the night from Darrell the designer to asslee: "Who are you, cause I thought Anna Nicole Smith Died"
not laughing @ ANS but at his comment aka referencing that she looked like her LOLOL

No, that was definitely the best part of the night. I literally did an "oh snap!" from my couch!

Are Harvin and Meyer twins? I have a hard time telling them apart.

And I agree that most of these ladies look a lot older than they're supposed to be.

Ashley is the worst. Who makes a teenager cry like that?

crimekate

crimekate

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

Oh my, I love this show.

I am a huge fan of Big Rich Texas, so I was eagerly anticipating this one... wow. Just wow. This is an order of magnitude trashier than BRT. Unfortunately, I missed the first episode, and it doesn't look like they are re-running it any time soon (the same thing happened when I discovered BRT... I didn't get to see the first ep until the end of the season, when they re-ran/did a marathon leading up to the reunion special. Odd).

That "Ashlee" creature is reality TV gold, much like Phaedra on RHOA and Asa (diamond water Persian pop priestess) of Shahs of Sunset. I'm sure the producers feel the same way (note that she departs from the Mother-daughter setup - I bet they met her and just couldn't NOT have her on the show). The green sequined dress (at a daytime event, no less) was just mesmerizing. It reminded me of a discarded costume from the Broadway run of The Wiz. (And while I agree that a divorce party can be in poor taste, I loved the cake).

Meagan is also fascinating. Her nasal voice is irritating, and she comes across as rather dim, but she also seems good-natured (for lack of a better word). Maybe it's her lack of aggression/violence. (but of course, we're only a few episodes in....)

Harvin? Is that a name? The hair on those two.... just... wow. I was cracking up in the latest ep when Harvin was so upset (justifiably, I think) at her sister telling the others about the HS boyfriend's suicide - she was crying, and she had blue smears all over her face (I couldn't tell if this was from her eye shadow or the chalk in her hair, but it was spectacular). I guess she wiped it off prior to her confrontation with her sister.

Diana/Katie and Sabrina/Anandi come across as decent people. No surprise that they get the least amount of screen time. I bet they don't survive to a second season.

I'm trying to like Khadijah, but she seems like an unpleasant spoiled brat. Her mom and aunt are gorgeous. (as is Sabrina).

All these daughters are ridiculously old to be living with their mothers (expect Anandi and Diana, who is still in HS). Interestingly, the mothers seem really non-trashy so far (big difference from BRT).

AzraelKay

AzraelKay

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

Harvin? Is that a name? The hair on those two.... just... wow.

I think Harvin is Virginia's maiden name and lots of folks down here use maiden names as first names for their children. And their hair is truly unbelievable, esp at the scene in the strip club. Btw, has anybody else heard of straight women having a girls night out at a strip club??

Edited by AzraelKay, Feb 1, 2013 @ 11:45 AM.

nowhave3bears

nowhave3bears

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

Unfortunately I saw part of both episodes. I've never seen so much over processed, dried out hair in one place. None of these um, women have any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Just a bunch of morally bankrupt mean spirited bitches..I despise them all.

hicks964

hicks964

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

Btw, has anybody else heard of straight women having a girls night out at a strip club??

I have...I guess it's the newest cool thing to do. I want to know why I would pay to see something when I can just look in the mirror? I guess you could pick up guys there..

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 9:54 AM

I have...I guess it's the newest cool thing to do. I want to know why I would pay to see something when I can just look in the mirror? I guess you could pick up guys there..

That's probably exactly why they go there. To show guys how cool and confident they are....that they can chill at a female strip-club. *rolls eyes*

kisurokk

kisurokk

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 7:28 PM

I had never seen Big rich texas before I saw episode one of this show so I didnīt know what to expect. I didnīt really know one blonde from the other but in some of the scenes all I could think about was Gummo, like the sisters with the bleached hair also didnīt have eye-brows. The Harvin/Meyer/Megan with the blond and the no-eyebrows really scared me. The tall hair was also strange.

fliptopbox

fliptopbox

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 8:09 PM

Oh lord. Gummo. There's a movie that I haven't seen in ages. But yeah. I see the similarities. Yikes.