Caroline & Jen: TAR 22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

21 replies to this topic

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 9:29 AM

Caroline and Jen

Edited by TWoP Roxy, Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:10 PM.

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:42 PM

Gotta wonder if they met up through old family "country/heritage" bbq or something.

Easy

Easy

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 8:47 PM

Daniel Boone had descendants? Never would've thought.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Feb 7, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

Why do they always cast a team of blondes you can't tell apart? They do this every season. Sure, if they're sitting side by side you can tell which is which (most of the time) but during the course of the race when they're doing Roadblocks and Detours you can never tell who's who.

Bright side, this is the closest they have to "celebrities" this season. I just hope we don't have to hear about how one of them is John Wayne's grandfather every single episode.

SilentMinority

SilentMinority

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

Why do they always cast a team of blondes you can't tell apart? They do this every season. Sure, if they're sitting side by side you can tell which is which (most of the time) but during the course of the race when they're doing Roadblocks and Detours you can never tell who's who.

I don't recall this complaint being made about the Twinnies from last season, or the Chippies (who have a similar look and took awhile to start telling apart). But I've seen it several times across the seasons specifically about young, blonde females. I wonder why that is.

SledDog

SledDog

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:16 AM

Why wouldn't he have had descendants? He lived to the ripe old age of 85 and fathered ten children, at least some of whom reached adulthood. The late actor Richard Boone, and 1950s singer Pat Boone both claimed to be descendants of Daniel Boone.

Of course you might have mistaken Boone for Davy Crockett who died at age 49, but even he had a number of children.

Gotta wonder if they met up through old family "country/heritage" bbq or something.

Actually they and bandmate Tayla Lynn (granddaugher of Country Music Legend Loretta Lynn) were brought together by a reality show called "All In The Genes" which was never produced.

Edited by SledDog, Feb 14, 2013 @ 5:23 AM.

Turbo

Turbo

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

Taking on that daredevil task was definitely befitting of a descendant of Daniel Boone, so way to go, Caroline! But quitting was not befitting of a granddaughter of John Wayne, so boo on you, Jennifer!

Still, it was oddly satisfying to see them beat out Matt & Daniel for the final spot on the next leg.

Don't want any manufactured "love story" with Bates & Anthony, though. Kill it. Please.

SnarkMouse

SnarkMouse

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 7:42 PM

Why wouldn't he have had descendants? He lived to the ripe old age of 85 and fathered ten children, at least some of whom reached adulthood. The late actor Richard Boone, and 1950s singer Pat Boone both claimed to be descendants of Daniel Boone.

I think the original poster was just being sarcastic. In some parts of the country (where I went to high school, for example), everyone and their dog claims to be descended from Daniel Boone. (In fact, my immediate reaction upon hearing that line was to snort to Mr. SnarkMouse, "Yeah...everyone says they're descended from Daniel Boone." *eye roll*) He's apparently the Genghis Khan of Appalachia.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:09 AM

Cons: The whole "descended from" B.S. As a previous poster says, everyone and his cousin tries to mark Daniel Boone as a forefather. Now having John Wayne as Grandfather, as the other girl does, is a MUCH more specific and provable relationship, but even so I wonder why we are supposed to care. I mean its not like Wayne is gonna pop up out of his grave to send the girls a video greeting card they air on the show.

Pros: I was surprised at their very uncomplaining nature and good attitude during that very trying sandcastle task. They really were making the best of it and not whining or acting weak and helpless in the least. I grew some instant respect for them.

Yyy

Yyy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 11:10 PM

Damn. Caroline blazed through that Roadblock, you'd think she walks on stilts every day.

ZeroThree

ZeroThree

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:39 AM

I was really impressed with them this leg. They didn't complain about being last, didn't get distracted by Max & Katie's nonsense, just focused on getting to the Pit Stop. We'll have to see how well they do without a more than an hour long disadvantage, but first impressions sure can be deceiving.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 9:19 AM

He's apparently the Genghis Khan of Appalachia.

Coffee spewed everywhere! Man, that is amusing. Topic? Got none.

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2013 @ 10:21 PM

I can safely say after tonight's episode that Caroline is my eye candy for the season.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

He's apparently the Genghis Khan of Appalachia.

Coffee spewed everywhere! Man, that is amusing. Topic? Got none.

I can see the Amazing producers now -'gotta have a schtick, we got one that has John Wayne for a grandfather...'

I liked the fact that last night they didn't panic when they didn't get the detour right away, but took a moment and figured it out.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:54 AM

I liked the fact that last night they didn't panic when they didn't get the detour right away, but took a moment and figured it out.

See, I was annoyed with them because there seemed to be a lot of "We don't know what we're dooooooing!" whining. To me, anyway. They have a tendency to just plow right into a task without devoting two seconds of brainpower to it first, and then they whine when they don't get it right on the first try.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 5:48 PM

I think it's the shorter blonde who seems to plow ahead without no thought or strategy. The taller one appears a bit more deliberate, but is overshadowed by her more extraverted partner.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

I think you're probably right about that. At least, the shorter one is the more annoying one.

soapygirl

soapygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Something tells me that they aren't going to win and when they get philiminated the editors will have a field day with their "we're going to win the amazing race" song.

momlyd

momlyd

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 11:57 AM

At least they've stopped singing.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 11:48 PM

Yeah, as time goes by they seem to fill the bad expectations of all of the "blond girl" teams. Always getting lost. Running slower than anyone but older teams. Missing stuff in front of their face.

One girl is definitely far smarter than the other though. They've shown enough to say that for certain.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 11:00 PM

I'm glad they went out early in the episode just so I wouldn't have to hear them crying over something stupid AGAIN.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

I've never been a fan of Caroline, but that changed after the way she supported Jennifer.  Jennifer seemed to be the calmer of the two, and usually supporting Caroline, the crier.  So it was nice to see that, when the roles were reversed, Caroline was just as supportive.  They were never particularly good racers, but unlike Mona and Beth, I could tell that they had a genuine friendship.