Max & Katie: TAR 22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

49 replies to this topic

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

I didn't mind the grammar correcting thing. My husband corrects my grammar all the time, and I've never gotten the sense that he thinks I'm less intelligent than he is. I don't think it's mean.

What I did think was mean was the comment towards youtube "If they beat us at this task, we deserve to be eliminated". Why would Joey and Meghan be any less able to toss wood into a stack? It's not like either of Max/Katie are super muscle like the Battaglia brothers.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

I don't understand why she couldn't pull herself up the rope? Were her shoes that slippery? It seems to me she should have been able to do that.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:21 AM

Was there a rule where the other teams couldn't bypass them? I know Max said it was good they were in front thus holding up the other teams but did the other teams have to stay behind? Could they have just said, F*#k this and went around them?!?

Super Mateo

Super Mateo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 6:47 PM

I could probably deal with Katie if I had to. She seems like one of those people that wouldn't be so bad if she's around the right people. Unfortunately, she's always around that jerk Max. I still haven't seen anything I would like about him, and after he flipped off other racers in last night's episode, he has become someone I simply can't stand. Max needs to stop worrying about tripping up other teams and focus on improving his own.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

Was there a rule where the other teams couldn't bypass them? I know Max said it was good they were in front thus holding up the other teams but did the other teams have to stay behind? Could they have just said, F*#k this and went around them?!?

I can't imagine they were able to get around with their sleds since it was steep and slippery. Besides the fact that Joey/Meghan and Chuck/Wynona were so far behind and the Hockey Brothers were so far ahead it probably didn't matter as much as to how the middle of the pact finished.

Even though I really dislike this team, I have to say it was nice that Max wasn't berating her for not being able to move.

Shambles

Shambles

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Does Katie have Aspergers or something of that nature? The inappropriate comments delivered so matter-of-factly, the odd emotional under-reactions, and her own admittence that she's got likability problems make me wonder if she doesn't have... issues.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 12:20 PM

I don't know about Asperger's, but something's definitely off with her affect.

Gromitt

Gromitt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:02 PM

*Of course* Max is one of Rush's dittoheads. It just explains so much.

Aspen

Aspen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 5:36 PM

I can't help but like this team. They're competent, do their own thing, and haven't had any meltdowns. They might call each other stupid but I don't sense any real venom in it and they work well together. Max won me over when he laughed at Jessica & John's exit, and I found Katie's frank comment about the bushmen "They stink" amusing compared to everyone else's "omg 3 bushmen in a car! lolololooool!!"

Here's hoping they make the final 3!

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 9:40 PM

I was really hoping Max and Katie were going to break the alliance and u-turn the hockey players, since they have to know that those guys are their main competition. Of course, that didn't matter since Team Hockey got there first, but I wonder if they considered it.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 11:50 PM

I was really hoping Max and Katie were going to break the alliance and u-turn the hockey players, since they have to know that those guys are their main competition. Of course, that didn't matter since Team Hockey got there first, but I wonder if they considered it.

I was convinced that might happen too. And they likely even considered turning the Blondes, except that I think they don't perceive the Blondes as enough of a threat to visibly break an alliance for. So it worked out best for them to stick to the original plan.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

I really dislike this team. Clearly, they get along with each other, but they don't seem to have much affection for one another. Katie strikes me as so incredibly mean and Max seems to enjoy that about her, She's such an ueber-maedchen and he her gleeful accomplice.

They are good racers, but so many times on this show, I don't care for the super competent teams.

Also, I can smile to myself because I'm sure that Katie's makeup, perfume, deodorant, and hair product smells were unappealing to the bushmen. Not that Katie would mind because she is clearly secure in the notion that her excrement does not smell or if it does, too bad for the peons she dumps it on.

Aspen

Aspen

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 1:10 AM

Max sure looks good wearing a kilt! Rawr.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 6:50 PM

*Of course* Max is one of Rush's dittoheads. It just explains so much.

Seriously, it really does. I never liked him, and this just solidifies my disdain for the man. Tool.

Scrb

Scrb

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 1:00 PM

Glad this team didn't win, though they were on a hot streak.

But it seemed like they got hit with bad luck looking for the right agent around the Tidal Basin.  Katie blames Max for screwing this up and losing them the race but it almost seems like a luck of the draw thing.

Same with the globe task at the end, if the top two teams were in the tank at the same time looking for the right globes, again it was going to be about luck.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

I'm not convinced it was strictly luck of the draw.  Max was shown, a couple of times, running around with no "spy" in sight.  Who knows how much time he wasted doing that before deciding to double back?  Seems like the other two teams didn't do what he did.  I got the impression that the "spies" were centrally located in a specific area, not sprinkled all around the Basin.  I have a feeling he made it longer than it should have been.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1, May 6, 2013 @ 2:48 PM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 4:55 PM

ribboninthesky1,  That's how I saw it as well, he totally screwed the pooch all on his own.  (yay!)

I can't imagine he'll be too happy to have seen her snark on him and call him an idiot over and over on camera given how superior he acted towards the other racers.  He's an asshole and so is she, but I'd still be shocked to find out they're still married five years from now.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

He's an asshole and so is she, but I'd still be shocked to find out they're still married five years from now.

But they're perfect for each other.  They never showed any emotion - win or lose.  He thinks she's smart and she likes everyone to know how smart she is.

So happy they didn't win.  I didn't hate the way they raced - they were very competent.  Just disliked their personalities.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

I saw them being happy about winning legs a number of times.

mwolf

mwolf

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:50 PM

They say they would've U-Turned Bates and Anthony, and that they were only in an alliance (they call it an "anti-alliance") because YouTube and derby moms were in an alliance already: Amazing Race's Max and Katie: We Felt It Slipping Away From Us

Would you have U-Turned Bates and Anthony if you had the chance?
Max:
People ask us that all the time and we would've. Obviously they got there first and U-Turned Meghan and Joey, so it only made sense to U-Turn Mona and Beth. We wanted to buy some insurance. I honestly think we were all expecting to be U-Turned. It's a race — no personal feelings. But I don't think we were really villains. We were kind of loners, but I think we have self-awareness. Sometimes villain teams don't have self-awareness. We knew people's perceptions of us.