22-3: 2013.01.21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

101 replies to this topic

sioux21

sioux21

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:59 PM

This is going way back, but Mary "won" Byron's season after getting the boot from Bob Guinee. I think she and another returnee came back during the second or third episode though, not at the very start. So, Casey at least had some sort of chance.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:13 AM

Kacie was lucky not to be introduced as "Sean's Big Surprise" and to just come on like everyone else, at the beginning.

The producers seem to like Sean, judging from the edit and the women they've chosen. Much better (so far) than some other TBs (Jesse, P-Lo, Ben, Bob...ah, memories!)

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

The producers seem to like Sean, judging from the edit and the women they've chosen.

No doubt. Go back and watch the beach volleyball scene: not one tramp stamp. I couldn't believe it, either. So far I've only spotted tats on Lindsay's wrist and Desiree's hipbone. Looks-wise this cast is a step down from the last few, but there are far more bring-home-to-Mom types. ABC actually seems interested in finding Sean a wife.

Edited by Bugs Meany, Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:15 AM.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

No this group isn't drop dead gorgeous but they are mostly all very pretty. I've been struck many times with thinking that many of them are genuinely, naturally pretty. Sean seems to be attracted more to the down to earth , naturally pretty ones than the tramp stamp/fake tan/fake boobs/bleach blonde or hair extensions women (ahem, Taryn and Kristy come to mind). He must have specified that because there seem to be a lot of "normal" women.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:49 PM

watch the beach volleyball scene: not one tramp stamp.

I could've sworn I saw a tramp stamp on a pony-tailed brunette.

eta after rewatching on ABC.com, frustrating you can't pause while watching the videos:

Tierra has the heart tat on her left ring finger and some blonde has a tat on her left hip (I believe)

Edited by Macthekat, Jan 26, 2013 @ 1:22 PM.

Yeuklid

Yeuklid

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 1:37 PM

Did anyone else notice that at one point Sean had something like 2-3 roses left, but the shot of him reaching for the next rose, there was clearly a pile. Then the next shot the pile was almost gone again.

I did notice that. In fact, I admit, I even paused it to try to count the remaining roses. I just wanted to know how many were going to be eliminated. I realize they need to make the show last for X number of weeks, but early on I'd kinda like to see more of a wholesale slaughter than only a gentle culling. Daniella, Amanda and one or two others could just as well have gone this week too.

I didn't like the amusement park date. Sure, it was a lovely goodwill gesture on behalf of a couple of young girls who've been dealt a rough hand, but there's a time and a place for it, and I wouldn't think of springing it on a woman with whom I'm going out on our first date. Sean is obviously determined to show how goodly and compassionate he is toward his fellow man. Tune in next week when Saint Sean has Selma give spongebaths to homeless men under a bridge!

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 10:42 PM

I realize they need to make the show last for X number of weeks, but early on I'd kinda like to see more of a wholesale slaughter than only a gentle culling.

Back in the day, they'd start off with 20 Bachelorettes and then it would be - 12, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2. Now, they start off with 25 and focus on two or three. There's really no need for Catherine, Jackie, Daniella, Leslie H and Selma to still be there, because the only time they are shown is when Sean calls their name at the rose ceremony.

Kerri Johnson

Kerri Johnson

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 10:55 PM

fake tan/fake boobs/bleach blonde or hair extensions women

Which exactly describes Emily haha. Emily really does a number on her men.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 11:34 PM

Which exactly describes Emily haha. Emily really does a number on her men.

I know, right? ;) Seriously, looking at the women he really seems to connect with and what he describes as his ideal woman (funny, intelligent...) how on earth did he ever think he was in love with Ems?

candlestick

candlestick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 2:36 AM

That didn't work so well for Paige.

Or Leather from Texas on Byron's season. She never got even a single rose from Byron.

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:35 PM

I didn't know the lack of a tattoo indicated a woman is of some higher caliber. A ton of women have tattoos nowadays. I think it is irrelevant.

Edited by rivermet, Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:36 PM.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:29 PM

I didn't know the lack of a tattoo indicated a woman is of some higher caliber. A ton of women have tattoos nowadays. I think it is irrelevant.

It's the "tramp stamp" that's the "issue". That skanky looking tattoo on a woman's lower back right above her ass has that name for a reason. Tattoos are not inherently trashy by any means but when you look at the proportion of trashy girls to non-trashy, I bet a high proportion of trashy have the tramp stamp. It's not artistic or meaningful, it was a drunken night out in Cabo in college.