2-12: "In the Name of the Brother" 2013.01.20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

273 replies to this topic

aletters

aletters

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:33 PM

It's always been that way, though. Has nothing to do with Henry's father.

AllThatGlitters

AllThatGlitters

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

Something that has bugged me but I haven't seen discussed here, and that is that if when a character steps over the town boundary, like the guy that owned the pharmacy, they go back to their Storybrooke lives and how they lived during the 28 lost years....then Belle would have reverted back to the mentality of someone locked in a jail cell wouldn't she? Someone who is suddenly free and surrounded by lots of humans.

She should also be in quite a screwed up state of mind living in solitary confinement for 28 years. That's what I didn't get when she first emerged from the jail cell. She immediately acted like a happy go lucky girl who was quite comfortable with new friends and even a lover once the curse was broken.

Also, she wasn't so afraid of Rumple between the time she got out and the curse being broken, why should she be so afraid of him now? She should have the mentality of someone being released from a cell, not knowing who they are. You'd think someone like that would be open and grateful to anyone that claims to have been part of her life and is trying to help her remember.

aletters

aletters

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 4:40 PM

Everything about amnesiac Belle sucked. It didn't make any sense for the reasons you stated. It was really disappointing.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 11:07 PM

Something that has bugged me but I haven't seen discussed here, and that is that if when a character steps over the town boundary, like the guy that owned the pharmacy, they go back to their Storybrooke lives and how they lived during the 28 lost years....then Belle would have reverted back to the mentality of someone locked in a jail cell wouldn't she? Someone who is suddenly free and surrounded by lots of humans.

It hasn't been discussed here yet because Episode 19 confronts that issue head-on.  Let's just say that for now, she's pretty much a blank slate.