13-11: "Dead Air" 2013.01.16

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

14 replies to this topic

staveDarsky

staveDarsky

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:01 PM

The CSIs investigate the demise of a prominent news anchor during a live broadcast.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:04 PM

Didn't like Sara's relationship angst when she was in love with Grisson and couldn't have him. Don't like it now when she is married to him but never sees him. Honestly, its just a waste.

How many people have died or been seriously injured around Morgan? Seriously the girl is a danger just walking around.

mertensia

mertensia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 4:05 AM

Either Sara is pregnant or she wants a divorce.

Why was Fin in this? They should have put Nick in instead.

Diane M

Diane M

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

Since Sara said she would be sad talking to Grissom, I assume she's going to ask for a divorce. Don't know how their marriage has survived this long when they're never together.

PictureItSicily

PictureItSicily

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 3:23 PM

I always thought the long distance marriage storyline was stupid, so I'm hoping for divorce.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

As soon as they showed the reporter out in the field reporting on the storm (and I knew from the episode description that a murder was going to happen in the studio) I wondered how long it would take for them to realize that she could have pre-recorded the segment. I was right, but for the wrong reason. I should have known from the beginning that it was the studio guy (producer?) because the actor was somebody I've seen on lots of other shows, so of course he had to be the killer. I did like the 'capture the flag' game to prove whodunit.

I like Sara, but don't really care about her married life troubles with Grissom.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 12:51 AM

I should have known from the beginning that it was the studio guy (producer?) because the actor was somebody I've seen on lots of other shows, so of course he had to be the killer.

Daniel Roebuck. Always liked him.

And if these brilliant CSI's had decided AT FIRST to figure out who could physically get to the victim and back out again in 20 seconds, thus narrowing their suspect list, the episode would have lasted about five minutes.

wlk68

wlk68

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 7:49 AM

I have never been a fan of GSR but since they are together I wish the PTB would just leave them alone. There's no reason they couldn't have had Grissom make Las Vegas his base of operations. He could work over at the university and travel when required and we wouldn't even need to see him. Just the occasional throw away line every few episodes and it would've all been good.

But no.

Apparently thats not DRAMATIC enough for TPTB. *eye-roll*

Trey

Trey

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 5:32 PM

And if these brilliant CSI's had decided AT FIRST to figure out who could physically get to the victim and back out again in 20 seconds, thus narrowing their suspect list, the episode would have lasted about five minutes.

Exactly...but then what would we have done with the other 55 minutes?:)

Also I was thinking that the flag hunt wasn't really valid since the station workers would have been much more familiar with the space and could navigate more easily in the dark, whereas the CSI's would stumble around a bit.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

Also I was thinking that the flag hunt wasn't really valid since the station workers would have been much more familiar with the space and could navigate more easily in the dark, whereas the CSI's would stumble around a bit.

Not only that but the station workers could have I don't know maybe ran to the studio. Greg, Morgan and Fin were all just a few steps away from the chair after walking there. They could have all easily made it if they ran.

And I am really not looking forward to Sara/Grissom angst. I mean if Grissom is respected enough to get a research position at a French university he should be making awesome money (plus they have no kids). Why not just throw in lines every once and awhile about how Sara has to leave when a case is finished because she is taking a week off to fly out and see him. Or they are both flying to New York to have a weekend together or something.

sandyeggo622

sandyeggo622

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

The voice on the phone did not sound like William Petersons voice to me.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 6:47 PM

It sounded like him to me, but stilted. Like it was pieced together from prerecorded dialog.

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

Except that the producer guy said two or three other lines while the lights were out before he said the "Theresa are you ok" line. If he took the time during the lights going out to kill Theresa, wouldn't the other people in the production booth have realized he wasn't there saying the other lines?

I feel like the last person who learned shorthand in highschool (and I really only remember bits and pieces - but it served me great for note taking in college). I bet it would have taken them less time to find a former secretary in their 50s or 60s who could come in and read it in a minute.

Edited by Hanahope, Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:25 AM.

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

My problem with the episode was that they wasted most of the first act determining that it was premeditated. I'm sorry, somebody is stabbed in a 30 second window of opportunity of total darkness? Yeah, I'm sure that was set off by a random event, so spending ten minutes to come up with "The power cut was deliberate!" was pure padding. I have to say, though, I didn't spot the murderer until the reveal.

As for the GSR woes, I don't really care, but I would prefer they just left them alone. Can TPTB see no relationship without wanting to put them through the wringer? A long distance relationship is tough enough, you don't need to add more angst to it.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 6:48 AM

I just watched the rerun of this episode and I agree with Hanahope....it would have been much quicker to ask me to just read it to them!  Any retired secretary from way back when could easily have done that.