The Real Husbands of Hollywood: Kevin Hart Made BET Do It.

• Please log in to reply

235 replies to this topic

DashDixon

DashDixon

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

This episode was a step in the right direction. Nadine was hilarious, she's used this kind of craziness as she's also on The League. A Boris sighting is always welcome.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

Why are we seeing less of Boris, Duane, and 'em?

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2013 @ 11:22 PM

I was thinking that the episode wasn't that funny, but then Kevin went to the barber shop. Those dudes were hilarious. The line about the threesome was the perfect ending to that scene.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

Hmm, I think maybe they were trying to hit too many targets with this one (Kimye, Beyonce's alleged fake baby bump, the celebrity pregnancy PR industry. But, when Boris stepped out onto the stage naked (why did he need to be nude for the scene if he was behind a screen? Oh yeah, because Boris' body) and the riot broke out, I busted out laughing.

40Love

40Love

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

I liked this one... thought there was a lot of funny. I especially thought Selita did a great job at being high-maintenance and bitchy. Her speech to Dwayne at the theater was hilarious. She literally had him shaking in his boots. Heh!

Kevin cracks me up... his reactions to things like Selita's wind machine, eating chocolate right from the bottle... his little emotional breakdowns and talking about his lost tiger woods. LOL! I love him.

But, for goodness sake, I wish he would stop with the jokes about the size of his penis. There's been one in just about every show... and I don't think they're necessary.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2013 @ 4:15 PM

Overalll  I'd been underwhelmed by the 2nd season but these last couple of episodes had me howling.  My only complaint is that I don't find Eric Benet funny.  However Bobby Brown has been killing it this season.  I love the fact he's over 40 but still obsessed with being a teen heartthrob.  And I finally realized his moniker as the King of R&B makes some sense since Whitney was known as the queen of R&B.

And Selita Ebanks is gorgeous!

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Nov 27, 2013 @ 4:17 PM.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 6:09 AM

I must be in the minority because Tisha Campbell is one of the highlights of the show for me, when used sparingly.
I do wish the show was more of a sharper parody than what season 2 has devolved into - just straight silliness and KHart screaming.
Plus, what happened to the guys? I like the ensemble aspect of the show because to much Kevin Hart isn't a good thing. NNick Cannon and Boris Kodjoe have been comedic surprises to me.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 6:13 AM

Edited due to double post.

Edited by Gloworm, Dec 1, 2013 @ 7:04 AM.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2013 @ 11:52 PM

"Jamaica funk, that's what it is."

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 12:35 AM

Tisha didn't bug as much this episode.  Her back and forth with Eva had me dead, as well as what's her face calling her Pam.

Nicole...she's not a great actress but something about her is so endearing.  Her "evil cackle" at the end was just so goofy and I don't know if she did it on purpose or what, but it cracked me up.

Were any of the guys even on the show tonight?  I just watched and forgot already.

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

Kevin showed up briefly, long enough to get a Billy Bush beatdown.

I enjoyed the episode. The ladies brought the funny, and they played really well off of each other. They got in some excellent digs, but then they banded together at the end to escape the ER. I want to go to a baby shower like that, minus the moose.

AyeshaTheGreat

AyeshaTheGreat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 1:21 AM

This latest episode with the ladies is probably the funniest of the season for me.  Tisha and Eva going back and forth was a refreshing surprise.  And the Mexican/Puerto Rican chick getting shots in were great.  Calling Tisha "Pam" and thinking she was pregnant were great.  The ex-wife works for me as well.  

I guess it is the sparingly used people that is keeping the show semi-fresh.  Kevin is still not that funny to me and I'm beyond ready for this faux pregnancy to end.

I do wish the show was more of a sharper parody than what season 2 has devolved into - just straight silliness and KHart screaming. 

I'm not sure if I commented on this before here but I definitely noticed the shift in season 2.  I wish it could go back to a reality show parody.  Maybe that is why I felt this episode was the funniest since it seemed closer to a parody with the ladies and all of the fighting/arguing.

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat, Dec 6, 2013 @ 1:23 AM.

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2013 @ 3:46 AM

I forgot something - when Nicole was screaming after Tisha threw the bedpan at her, I thought "Did she just say the word 'pee-pee'?" I'm hoping it's just because she has kids.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

While the past three episodes are definitely the strongest of the season (and perhaps by an order of magnitude the closest the show's come to its source material, considering it's a full-blown story arc) I'm still kind of bummed that the guys really haven't had a full-blown ensemble piece.  Not that Tisha and friends...frenemies...and Selita's baby shower was a bad ensemble piece, because it was hilarious--just that it's not the same.  Boris has been off doing his own thing, which admittedly isn't bad; we've probably seen more of Eric Benet and Nelly than of JB or Nick; Duane might be the one guy we've seen almost as much as Kevin this season.  I guess that's the price of trying to go bigger, for better or worse.

And for those who've missed the promos: the last two episodes of the season will air back to back next Tuesday.  Since in a general sense Kevin really doesn't "win" that much in this show, I'm actually genuinely curious as to whether or not he'll actually come out of this mess unscathed (well, for him).

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

Going to have to watch this week's eppy again, during the red carpet scene.....am I on he-rawn, or was that Robin Thicke in the background, wearing shades and cheesin'?

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

I watched some of the marathon this weekend. The first season was so much better! There hasn't been enough interaction between the guys this season, and Robin is sorely missed. Also, the Selita storyline is a serious weak point. She's not that funny, which leaves Kevin to carry the scenes with her. He's funnier when he's acting with the other male cast members. I feel like Kevin just used this season as an excuse to act with attractive women instead of focusing on what made the show funny in the first place.

Edited by johchi, Dec 16, 2013 @ 9:33 PM.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

I had the same reaction to Trina cursing as Kevin did, even though she was speaking nothing but the truth.

hunterhunted

hunterhunted

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

While the competition to host the baby shower and the slower were great reality conceits, this show is The Real Husbands of Hollywood. To have 3 episodes focused on the wives sort of undercuts the guys and the premise. The fake pregnancy would have been funny if Selita could act. Surprise! Her skill at acting is as fake as that baby. But the season finale ledge-hanger ending feels unearned because it's been awhile since we've seen the guys together.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

Well, Kevin Hart seems to have 37 movies coming out in the next six months, Nick Cannon has at least that many different jobs, JB has his role on The Millers, and the other guys do have stuff going on for the most part.  I'm thinking the guys for the were simply too busy to have had many days to film together as an ensemble. 

For me, the season really took off with the KevLita stuff. I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did.  Hopefully there's at least one more season, though if the busy schedules continue I don't see it lasting much longer than that.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Now that I've finally seen the last two episodes of S2: I admittedly was serious when I wondered before if Kevin would come out of this mess without a win, but losing everything--including Trina's services--seemed a bit much, even if he was his own worst enemy as usual.  (And if ever there was a time for Trina to go on an epic expletive-filled rant, this was it.  I was disappointed that didn't happen.)  Coming after the three-episode run with the baby shower, it was kind of a letdown; it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't nearly as funny consistently as it probably should have been.  (Which may go back to their skewing closer to the material they're parodying, which they did hardcore in the last episode.)

And another couple of minutes to set up the guys actually wondering if Kevin was okay before they came to his house to look for him would have been nice, IMO, though I guess it gets trumped by Nick's evil laugh after closing the hotel room window on everybody.  What was that about?

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

I feel like Kevin just used this season as an excuse to act with attractive women instead of focusing on what made the show funny in the first place.

I feel like Kevin really wants to host the Oscars and that's why it was shoehorned in to the Kevlita storyline.

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

The fake pregnancy would have been funny if Selita could act. Surprise! Her skill at acting is as fake as that baby.

There was a moment, just before the Kevin/Selita fight scene, when Kevin says, "You can't act, Selita," and I thought, "You got that right."

Well, Kevin Hart seems to have 37 movies coming out in the next six months, Nick Cannon has at least that many different jobs, JB has his role on The Millers, and the other guys do have stuff going on for the most part.  I'm thinking the guys for the were simply too busy to have had many days to film together as an ensemble.

If that's the case, they should have postponed the season and waited until they could be together. I would have preferred that to what was offered this time around. There were some good moments this season, but last season was so much funnier.

AyeshaTheGreat

AyeshaTheGreat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 20, 2013 @ 3:10 PM

If that's the case, they should have postponed the season and waited until they could be together. I would have preferred that to what was offered this time around. There were some good moments this season, but last season was so much funnier.

Well don't hold your breath because they have been working on season 3 this fall.  I agree that I do like when the guys are together but even when they were together this season, the story still seemed to go too far off the rails for me.  .

I hope it gets funnier and will continue to watch out of obligation and checking the guest starts.  Regina Hall is going to be on next season so I look forward to that.  

As for season 2, I'm happy it is over.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:51 AM

"goes to far off the rails" is a great description. It's like they want to hammer the funny into your head instead of letting the viewer get there.

I also wonder why they replay a scene that happened just before the commercial break. Either they think the audience can't remember back 3 minutes or they're filling show time.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

I think it's just in keeping with the reality show parody theme. Most reality shows do that and it's super annoying.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 9:46 AM

Wow! I had no idea that Kevin Hart was only 5'2