Gordon's Cookery Course: So Easy Even a Donkey Can Do It

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6 replies to this topic

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:07 PM

Episode description:

In this practical home cookery series Gordon Ramsay strips away the graft and complexity to show how to cook 100 simple, accessible and modern recipes to stake your life on.

This is on BBC America, I started watching about 1/3 of the way into the "course" but they started from the beginning today. So far I absolutely love it. Even if I don't use the exact recipe, his techniques are great. Plus, I love the softer side of Gordon Ramsey. No silly stories, no fake parties, he's just cooking. I'm trying the Brownie Blondies next week.

Cookery Course site

Some of the recipes are not on the site:

For copyright reasons we are only limited to a certain amount of recipes. All that are made available to Channel4.com can be found in the recipes tab above. Thank you.

Edited by DuckyinKy, Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:27 PM.

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

I wondered why I had never seen this show in my on-screen channel guide so I went over to the BBC America site. It's on at 1pm and that conflicts with The Chew so I'll have to try to catch it when The Chew goes into reruns or when BBCA schedules it at a different time. It's a shame since there's not all that much decent daytime tv if you're not into wall to wall murder.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

I love the show. The food is showcased so beautifully that I want to try to recreate everything. I really enjoy Gordon in this nice calm setting.

The Food Network could learn something from this. A great cooking show that's about cooking. No back stories about growing up in grandmas kitchen, no time wasters about what memories apple pie brings up. I simple do not care. Show me beautiful food and tell me how to make it.

This one is going on the dvr.

Streya

Streya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

Was just coming here to add this topic; I love this show! Smart recipes, techniques, details of how to look at/pick/appreciate ingredients. Well edited and thoroughly thought through, they pack a lot of punch into half an hour. And, it confirmed my suspicions that Gordon is probably a great mentor when you strip away all the drama and confrontation in his other shows (will still watch Hell's Kitchen for fun. :))

According to Wikipedia the show has only aired the first set of episodes, so there should be others soon.

I made Cheat's Cheese Souffle yesterday because I've been looking for a quick eggy/cheesy dish; it was awesome! I didn't have the cheeses that he had (did have cottage cheese, but used gruyere and cheddar) but it was so easy to mix and bake. As I was eating it I thought, "I bet those pockets of cream cheese he scattered through would have been great to find," so will make it with the cream cheese next time.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

He did something simple the other day that is actually very smart - he roasted a beef tenderloin using a bulb of garlic cut in half, as a "rack" to elevate it from the pan. I could have probably eaten the garlic with a spoon once it came from the oven.

Totale

Totale

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

It's on at 1pm and that conflicts with The Chew so I'll have to try to catch it when The Chew goes into reruns or when BBCA schedules it at a different time.

Not a fan of watching television on the computer myself, but if you are I think almost all the episodes can be found to stream online from big video sites. I'm enjoying the series.

AuntieAlice

AuntieAlice

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

Great show, I love Gordon! I'm bummed we can't get all the recipes though, there are a couple I want to make but they aren't on the site. So I will just write down everything by hand. Seems so old fashioned. :)