24-10: "A Test Before Trying" 2013.01.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 7:49 PM

From SNPP:

Bart, the only student at Springfield Elementary to miss the state testing, has to do extremely well on the makeup test in order for the school to avoid being closed for having too low of an average; Homer uses a discarded parking meter to make some extra money by planting it at various places around town

ETA: "I will follow Oscar' campaign rules from now on."

That movie trailer couch gag was great. "The Couch: Don't Get Comfortable."

Really love how Burns hiked up energy rates: Attach numbers to economist's backs, then sic the hounds on them. Whoever the hounds catch is how much the energy cost goes up.

So it's come to this: The future of the elementary school rests on Bart. EVERYONE was counting on him, even the background kids no one's seen before. This is like, the 5th time Bart had to study for a test, and failed miserably? (and, again, he barely passes by dumb luck). I did like Bart's dream, which ended with the school becoming a spinach farm employed by a dozen Popeyes.

Hans Moleman's family was creepy as all hell.

Very "blah" episode tonight.

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Jan 13, 2013 @ 8:30 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 8:35 PM

I appreciated the tribute to Huell Howser, "Shame! Shame on your whole ill-mannered town!" "I give Springfield the lowest rating I've ever given a town: 6 out of 10."

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 2:24 AM

Sigh. Why do I bother keeping up with this show anymore? Except for this season's Treehouse of Horror, nothing's been all that good this season.

Jilly Copper

Jilly Copper

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

What was the music playing while the kids took the test? It was very familiar but I can't place it.

Edited by Jilly Copper, Jan 14, 2013 @ 6:32 PM.

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:57 PM

What was the music playing while the kids took the test? It was very familiar but I can't place it.

The theme song from "The Exorcist".

RocketScientist

RocketScientist

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

The theme song from "The Exorcist".

According to the closed-captioning, it was Halloween. I only know that because the CC button is broken on my remote so I can't turn off the text.

Jilly Copper

Jilly Copper

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:50 PM

Thanks! That was driving me crazy!

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:46 AM

Did anyone else note that Hans Moleman's wife had Wilma Flintstone hair?

Phoenix B

Phoenix B

Channel Surfer

• Interests:The Office<br />Buffy<br />30 Rock<br />Neon Genesis<br />Home Movies<br />The Real World Brooklyn<br />Dharma &amp; Greg<br />Law &amp; Order<br />The X Files<br />Veronica Mars<br />That 70s Show<br />The Simpsons<br />NewsRadio<br />Saturday Night Live

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 5:25 AM

I actually really liked this episode? Possibly the best of the season. The plot wasn't as outrageous as it usually is which I liked. The Seinfeld-esque observational humor on scantron tests I found quite funny. "D: O. D'oh!" Also, I'm glad there was a box of Mr. Sparkle lying around when Homer went to the dump. Made me smile. :)