The High Chaparral: Big John Cannon and His Ridiculously Hot Wife

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

mmecorday

mmecorday

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

This show was on before my time but I've been watching the reruns on INSP. It's am amazingly entertaining show and I'm not even a fan of TV Westerns. The show has a terrific cast and the writing is wonderful. I love all the characters -- Big John, Buck, Blue, Victoria and Manolito. Manolito is played with zest by Henry Darrow, best known by us "Golden Girls" fans as Fidel Santiago, the Latin lover coveted by both Blanche and Sophia.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

Because of Lee Majors and Linda Evans having prime time hits in my day The Big Valley was the easiest to find in syndication followed by Bonanza, The High Chaparral and the The Virginian and its odd 90 minute running time. It started out meaner then the other shows with the constant Apache threat, 24/7 armed guards, the political arranged marriage of the widow Victoria to Big John.

chailey

chailey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 12:09 AM

I loved this show as a kid, especially Manolito. The fact that it was filmed in Arizona, instead of some backlot, made it different from many westerns of the day.

technorebel

technorebel

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

I never missed an episode of this show when I was a kid. Cameron Mitchell as Buck is still one of the best looking men I've ever seen in my life. I always wondered how Victoria (Linda Cristal) could look so elegant wearing all those heavy clothes and shooting in that heat.