Gypsy Sisters

• Please log in to reply

286 replies to this topic

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:36 AM

Is it horrible that I'm relieved Mellie's having a boy? I mean, I'm sure she can thoroughly fuck up a boy just as much as a girl but somehow I feel that being her son might be slightly better than being her daughter.

So she'll raise a scamming wife beater instead of a bleach-high 50's housewife in hooker clothes. Meh. I don't know how this specific gypsy culture views the birth of boys versus the birth of girls since we don't see many boys or men on this show, but most cultures that embrace traditional gender roles highly favor the birth of a boy. I'm thinking that, first of all everyone knew the sex of the child before the party, and that Robbie wouldn't have shown up to support Mellie if the fetus was female. I've seen quite a few qypsy shows (both American and UK) and boys seem to be more highly prized. It's all speculation of coarse as we'll never know what Robbie would have done if the fetus was female.

BarbWire

BarbWire

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

I am pretty disgusted by the way these women yell and curse, and the entire time the little girls are sitting there watching and listening to every word. Way to teach the young ones to carry on the traditions!

Sleepyhead Case

Sleepyhead Case

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:18 PM

My sister also pointed that out - how they are screaming at the top of their lungs and there are kids all around - from babies in car seats to toddlers at the table. Since their yelling and cursing is de rigueur for the bunch, it has become white noise to me. The only time I notice is when Mellie does her signature scream on the phone.

pigpen

pigpen

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:16 PM

I'm disgusted at myself for being so entertained by this show.

don't be... it isn't everyday we can watch humans in their pre evolution state! this should be on Animal Planet!

Poor Nettie, I wonder how she will handle next week's switch to American Gypsy Wedding... whatever will she do when she isn't the center of the story. I am sick of a 40yr old woman acting like a two year old.

I think Laura is less offensive because she isn't a born gypsy... her gorger parents are probably close to normal. And I wonder if West Virginia has speech teachers in the grade schools.. I think Laura and Kayla (all of them actually) would've benefited from someone teaching them to e-nun-ci-ate.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

If you can't see any of those 4 women with these on, you don't know a memory. Hint: these would be great for a "My First Manicure" to go along with "My First Corset" for a newborn.

Mellie is this kind of girl. Posts on her FB page that she's enjoying a glass of wine. Then has a ton of people tell her she shouldn't be drinking that, she's pregnant. To which she replies(in poor punctuation and grammar of course) that people need to mind their own business. Yes, that's right Mellie. After she posts it in a public forum. She also goes over that her doctor said a glass of wine a day is ok while pregnant. I'm sure we could all come up with what he doctor actually said, versus what she wanted to hear.

And I know Nettie did not decorate that shower for a boy just on her always correct insinct about the sex.

I like how they design clothes. Yell out ideas like a 6 year old playing Barbies, or a 16 year old going to prom, the doodle it on a stationary pad your insurance agent gives you for free.

I thought Kayla said something about gypsy girls marrying at 14 but she didn't want her daughter to do that? But now she's getting hooked up with her future husband? I'm with the other posters. Seeing her hanging all over that guy, all while seemingly on a "double date" with her parents was icky.

I still like Kayla. I guess like is the best word, that's she and Laura aren't as bad as the others. I love her dissing Nettie all the time. Like when she heard Nettie say artichocke hearts are animals hearts.

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

They're baaaaaaack.

'Gypsy Sisters' to Return Thursday, December 5 on TLC

Edited to add new article title and URL.

Edited by Xerographic, Oct 30, 2013 @ 4:16 PM.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

YEAH! I've been missing Gypsies in my life :-)

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2013 @ 10:07 AM

Excellent!  My DVR has been lacking trashy TV shows. 

BroodingVamp

BroodingVamp

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

I LIVE for these crazy women!  This show works for me as a respite from college life!

Emily Thrace

Emily Thrace

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2013 @ 11:06 PM

Yeah I miss these crazy bitches plus I want to see more of the fallout from Mom coming home. I like getting a view into their unique subculture. Plus as an Aboriginal person I identify with the struggle to preserve one's culture a lot. Its certainly an imperfect culture but then what culture isn't?   Plus I love how this large, dramatic, female heavy, hard partying family reminds me of my own, and yet makes me as though we are so much calmer and functional by comparison..

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2013 @ 8:27 AM

YEAH! I've been missing Gypsies in my life :-)

I LIVE for these crazy women!  This show works for me as a respite from college life!

YES!!

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

They're calling this season 3 of GS, I thought this was only the second...

http://www.thewrap.c...e-preview-video

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

They're calling this season 3 of GS, I thought this was only the second...

Several sites reported it has Season 3 but that is incorrect, it is season 2.

iluvobx

iluvobx

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 6, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

I believe that it really is season 3.  The first season is where they left off with Nettie going to get Nukie and the big fight broke out.  Season 2 was when Nukie was "kicked" out and sent home in disgrace and Mellie's pregancy/marriage.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2013 @ 12:23 PM

Not sure if they're all the way done filming this upcoming season of Gypsy Sisters or if they're filming it for the next upcoming season of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, but Pookie and Nukkie are getting married this week in Nashville, Nettie mentioned it on her facebook page. This should be GOOD! LOL

I believe that it really is season 3.  The first season is where they left off with Nettie going to get Nukie and the big fight broke out.  Season 2 was when Nukie was "kicked" out and sent home in disgrace and Mellie's pregancy/marriage.

You might be thinking of that one episode they called "The Stanely Sisters" which was a special I guess, that was right before the first season of Gypsy Sisters, if you're talking about the one episode of where they showed Nukkie going home, that was season 2 of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

Gawd, they're back.  Marathon on all day today on TLC.  I forgot a little bit of Gypsy goes a long way.  I get anxiety just watching.

Not sure if they're all the way done filming this upcoming season of Gypsy Sisters or if they're filming it for the next upcoming season of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, but Pookie and Nukkie are getting married this week in Nashville, Nettie mentioned it on her facebook page. 

What?  Pookie and Nukkie (Lord, these names!) are the young couple who broke up, right?  Nettie's daughter who ran away, lived with him and his mom Dovie and his sister, than moved back home?  They're getting married?  Or I guess now it's they got married.

I forgot the only one I like is Kayla.  She's all kind of nuts too, but is half way self aware.

Norwindian

Norwindian

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 7:49 PM

Mellie's name is Mildred? How did I miss that the first time around?
She's crazy. She had a baby didn't she? Poor kid. Hopefully she has calmed down some since she became a mother.

VaVaVoom

VaVaVoom

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

I'm so excited for this to come back!  I thought it was returning in January so this is like an early Christmas present for me!

Yes, Mellie had a baby boy in the summer.  I'd love to see if she calmed down, but can't you just imagine her throwing down while breastfeeding?

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:41 PM

I'd love to see if she calmed down, but can't you just imagine her throwing down while breastfeeding?

Hell yeah.  Baby on the tit in one arm, other hand pulling a bitches hair out.

Then again, I can't see Mellie having enough concern about her babies nutrition to breastfeed.

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

I have visions of Mellie with her kid in one of those back-pack carriers while she's on the ground straddling some bitch trying to beat the crap out of her. 

emanze

emanze

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

It's certainly an imperfect culture but then what culture isn't?

I'm waiting to see one thing, just ONE small thing, that is admirable about this culture.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 7:53 PM

I'm waiting to see one thing, just ONE small thing, that is admirable about this culture.

They are awesome at using the bedazzler.

rspory1976

rspory1976

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 11:16 PM

I just want to spank Danielle. She is a little thug. I came in late, so maybe this was covered. What happened between her and her pedoboyfriend? Shouldn't she have run off by now?

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 8:13 AM

I came in late, so maybe this was covered. What happened between her and her pedoboyfriend? 

I don't think they said anything.  I'm rewatching because last night I lost track of who and what was going on.  There were so many people I was confused.  Whetzel? Chicken?  Tanya? Lottie? Savannah?  Joanne?  Brandi?  These people are all married to eachothers cousins, their own cousins

Nettie was completely right on one thing.  She's psycho.  Showing her beating Kayla, she resembles a wolf.  

Sheena has a lisp. And an annoying accent.  Reminds me a little of Rachel from Big Brother.  Oh.my.gawd-a.

Our question is answered from last season, we all thought their accent made the name Nettie sound funny.  But they are actually saying "Ninnie".

She got her ass beat, but I still like Kayla.  And about died when she called Mellie "stinking floppy lips".  I have a feeling she wasn't talking about the lips on her face.

I did feel bad about their trial and the man who murdered their father got 15 months.  And at least she knows how to dress for the courthouse.

Mellie's father.  Just as educated as the rest of them.  "I's thought we's was gonna meet yesterday, but I never saw you, so we's a-meetin' today".

Nukkie is looking better.  That's the girl right?  Pookie is the guy?

So Annie is getting a divorce?  From her cousin?

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Dec 6, 2013 @ 8:17 AM.

rspory1976

rspory1976

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 8:25 AM

And why was Kayla saying she stood up to Ninnie?  She might have ran up to her, but she didn't stand up to her, at least not long, and she begged her to let her get up.  Then wants to go the next day acting like it was nothing much? Perhaps instead of fighting, she should have been correcting her child.

And I still can't figure out why the kids were fighting? What was that about? I heard Snapchatting, and Cheskie, and I don't understand what they actually did.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 9:15 AM

Why did Kayla jump like that though when she got that first hit in on Nettie, she aint tall! 

Nukkie and her smart assed mouth was trying it last night, I would have knocked the mess outta her!

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 9:28 AM

Why did Kayla jump like that though when she got that first hit in on Nettie, she aint tall! 

I about died laughing when she went running to Nettie, and just did a running flying leap.  She looked like a spider monkey.  She didn't stand a chance.

I wonder what these people are taught about family, mainly cousins.  It's literally a love/hate relationship with cousins.  They either marry them, or fist fight them.  Weirdest family dynamics I've ever seen.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 9:39 AM

I still don't know ALL of what that fight was about. I heard a mix of Kayla's kids getting at their cousin's kids (over what tho?) and someone supposedly wanting to fuck Kayla's husband...somebody help

Edited by TWoP Howard, Dec 6, 2013 @ 11:25 PM.
Either say "fuck" or don't, but don't hide it behind asterisks

rspory1976

rspory1976

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 10:09 AM

My husband laughed when she jumped on her. Maybe that is why they have the fear of monkeys, they look like them when they fight.

Trojangirldance

Trojangirldance

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 12:06 PM

I wouldn't say Kayla got her ass beat--Nettie got her down, held her hair mostly and was holding her by the chin.  I'd say she got one punch in that was about it.  At least Kayla was willing to go in the lion's den, Nettie wouldn't go anywhere that she didn't have a yard full of people on her side.  That is why Kayla wanted up, she knew they were outnumbered and if she's on the ground she is defenseless when four jump on you.  I would have let Sheena go myself.  Mellie might be pregnant but if she jumps at someone she needs to be prepared for someone to jump back.

I think it was stupid of the kid's mom to call Nettie to begin with--it wasn't Nettie and Mellie's fight.  It should have been between Kayla and the other kid's mom or hell, let Danielle and Savannah duke it out.  I mean I'm sure those girls are used to fighting--they are gypsies after all. 

I cracked up at all the hair up in the ponytails.  Growing up the folks I ran with worried about earrings that was it--rings didn't come off, hair didn't go in ponytails and shoes didn't come off.