S26: Sherri

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

64 replies to this topic

alanfm2

alanfm2

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

When it really counted, and Cochran & Dawn had to decide whom to take to the F3, they chose Sherri over Eddie. I believe the reason was their concern that Eddie had real friends on the jury, while Sherri did not. If Sherri connected with anyone this season, they were not still around.

It may not be her fault, because older women have it tough on Survivor, and a successful business woman who enjoyed that persona had it even tougher.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

Erik:  upon returning from the family-on-the-barbecue-raft reward Sherri ate some of the rice that Brenda and Dawn made. 

This is the sort of obliviously obnoxious behavior that most four year-old children would know is wrong.  The sort of person who reaches adulthood not knowing how messed up it is will never learn any better.  I pity the kids who have to work for someone who lacks this basic sense of fairness.  Anyone who tries to explain it to her will probably just be told to sit down and shut up. She only proves one thing to me.  Running a franchises must be an almost fool proof set-up.  I may look into it.

neplusultra

neplusultra

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 12:52 PM

she was seriously on a barge with burgers and fries not ten minutes ago and had the audacity to eat the starving people's rice?

That is seriously fucked up. I worked fast food jobs in my youth though and I am not surprised. There may be ethical fast food franchise owners out there, but I am not aware of them.

Actually, if they are out there, their businesses are likely either failing or are being subsidized by inherited money or lottery winnings or something. The way those restaurants are designed to operate at the corporate level is not compatible with being a good place to work or with being run by a humane and benevolent manager. They are perfectly designed to illustrate the Marxist concept of surplus value by squeezing every last drop of it out of their wage-slave employees.

Could someone please link that interview, btw?

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 5:55 AM

Here ya go:

http://www.reddit.co...s_vs_favorites/

It's a little over halfway down.

RaggedyAnne

RaggedyAnne

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

edit: sorry, most people were upset with Sherri for personal/camp life reasons. Example: upon returning from the family-on-the-barbecue-raft reward Sherri ate some of the rice that Brenda and Dawn made.This infuriated me; she was seriously on a barge with burgers and fries not ten minutes ago and had the audacity to eat the starving people's rice? Also for more evidence of Sherri-hate see any interview by Eddie or Reynold.

Something similar happened many seasons ago; I can't remember which season or the person, just that it was a woman.  The RC winners came back from a meet-and-greet with the locals that included a feast and they were not allowed to bring back food.  But they managed to smuggle back some food anyway.  They gave it to the RC losers, then this woman sat right down with them and began eating all over again!  Everybody in the tribe was pissed at how greedy she was, especially since there was so little to go around.  I was hoping that she would get voted out next but can't remember if she was or not.